Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Personally I think that since this is technically Jensen and Danneel’s project he has no obligation to include Jared or Misha. If Dean is narrating when John met Mary there’s no need for Sam or Castiel. It would be nothing more than fan service IMO and after the way that his character was treated over the last few seasons he should be able to tell the story that he wants.

Thank you so much for saying this.

MTE.

• Love 6

Apart from it being totally unprofessionell to do this on twitter - but it's certainly a pattern. - I don't get why he expected to be involved? He has his own new show he is exec producer of, this is a prequel, he doesn't own the rights and noone is under obligation to ask him for permission. I mean cry to the CW and WB as well, they obviously knew and didn't think you needed your hand held.

Also, for a guy who didn't have Jensen's back at all in the Finale discussion, that's mighty rich.

• Love 16

Well I am totally against the flow on this subject on this forum.  I liked the finale and I had no problem with how Dean went out and he is my favourite character.  I have absolutely no interest in a back story of John and Mary and would be very surprised if it holds that much interest to a lot of people.  Secondly I think it was a shitty thing for Jensen to not tell Jared before announcing it - Jensen has very much said time and time again how much of a friend Jared is - like a brother etc so I can see why Jared would be so upset.  Jared seems to be a very emotional person so I think he is probably regretting putting it out on twitter but I can't blame him, it is a total betrayal IMO.  I am so upset because I absolutely adore Jensen and this seems so out of character which makes me wonder if I have misread him all along.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Well I am totally against the flow on this subject on this forum.  I liked the finale and I had no problem with how Dean went out and he is my favourite character.  I have absolutely no interest in a back story of John and Mary and would be very surprised if it holds that much interest to a lot of people.  Secondly I think it was a shitty thing for Jensen to not tell Jared before announcing it - Jensen has very much said time and time again how much of a friend Jared is - like a brother etc so I can see why Jared would be so upset.  Jared seems to be a very emotional person so I think he is probably regretting putting it out on twitter but I can't blame him, it is a total betrayal IMO.  I am so upset because I absolutely adore Jensen and this seems so out of character which makes me wonder if I have misread him all along.

Jensen(also a very emotional person albeit more reserved than JP, IMO) was probably also "gutted", and possibly even felt betrayed, too, when no one had his back when he expressed reservations about the finale and about a number of other things concerning the show, especially in the last few seasons. 

So, not being one to call out people on social media, he simply learned how to avoid the lack of creative control in future projects that he might want to be involved in in his own way.

And sometimes confidentiality is a very big part of business contracts and negotiations.

That's all that happened here, IMO. 

Edited by Myrelle
Additions
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Icarus said:

Why is it a "betrayal"? Why did Jared need to be told? He got his ego stroke all he wanted from SPN but that show is over.

I'm not that interested in a prequel or anything to do with SPN but Jared has a new show. It's not his buisness if someone - anyone - makes anything new SPN-related. 

If he wanted another thing about him, he should have gone ahead, aquired the rights, made the contracts and done it.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

Can you expand on this? I checked out of SPN right after the finale. What happened?

They had a meeting with Badd and Singer etc before Season 15 and were told how it would end. Of course since it was Samnatural Jared loved it from the start - Jensen hated it. But since noone had his back in any discussion, it was just "take it or leave it'. Then Jared proceeded to crow about how it was the best episode ever any chancw he got. 

So seriously he can miss me with any "my feelings weren't considered" noise right now. I never once saw him do this himself for Jensen in 15 years.

• Love 14

I think a courtesy call to Jared before the news break would have been warranted. If only for the fact that Jared with allow his emotions to get the better of him on SM. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Jared may regret putting it on Twitter, but while he deleted the tweet to Robbie Thompson within an hour or so, the other two are still standing as of 9:23am ET, the next day.

I don't know if Jensen feels betrayed over the finale, although I well might, were I in his shoes. Even if he doesn't feel betrayed by Jared, it may just be that they have very different visions of the series, and so Jensen knows they wouldn't want to tell the same stories. 

I do know that Jared first of all has a pretty full plate with Walker, and a young family. Jared also had that pretty public drunken brawl at his own bar, which at his age is concerning. I might love a friend like a brother, but if he had a problem like that, I might not want to go into business with him. Jensen might not feel like Jared is currently capable of collaborating with him on a SPN prequel.

Jensen might not have tipped Jared off ahead of the announcement, out of fear that Jared might beat him to the punch, and blurt out his feelings on social media, anyhow.

I'm squarely team Jensen/Danneel/Robbie on this one. You've got your own show, Jared. Go do it, live your best life, wish your friend well, and stop having public hissy fits.

jareds feels.jpg

Edited by General Days
Edited to add photo with current time stamp.
  • Love 10
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

They had a meeting with Badd and Singer etc before Season 15 and were told how it would end. Of course since it was Samnatural Jared loved it from the start - Jensen hated it. But since noone had his back in any discussion, it was just "take it or leave it'. Then Jared proceeded to crow about how it was the best episode ever any chancw he got. 

So seriously he can miss me with any "my feelings weren't considered" noise right now. I never once saw him do this himself for Jensen in 15 years.

Thanks for the explanation. I had no idea that Jensen hated the ending. I knew he didn't like how it ended due to COVID but, I thought he wanted Dean to go out a Hunter (like Joseph Morgan wanting Klaus to die..screw you Morgan 😁)

16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think a courtesy call to Jared before the news break would have been warranted. If only for the fact that Jared with allow his emotions to get the better of him on SM. 

This is where I fall. Jensen didn't owe Jared anything but, I was honestly shocked Jensen didn't call Jared before WB/CW released the news as a courtesy.

23 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's not his buisness if someone - anyone - makes anything new SPN-related. 

Its not his business, he doesn't own SPN. However, as we've seen with other reboots (Charmed and Roswell) the actors do feel a certain betrayal when there's a planned reboot.

Now, that's not the case here. It's a prequel so Sam/Dean as we know them will remain Jared and Jensen but, I guess Jared assumed that he would be involved with anything SPN related (spinoffs, movies, sequels, etc). 

Jensen didn't stab Jared in the back. However, I'm surprised he didn't give him a heads up. Jared has a right to his feelings but, he didn't need to make it a thing on Social Media. He could have called, texted or even DM'd Jensen and Rob about it. 

Sometimes it's so obvious I'm a Libra 🤣

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, General Days said:

Jared may regret putting it on Twitter, but while he deleted the tweet to Robbie Thompson within an hour or so, the other two are still standing as of 9:23am ET, the next day.

I don't know if Jensen feels betrayed over the finale, although I well might, were I in his shoes. Even if he doesn't feel betrayed by Jared, it may just be that they have very different visions of the series, and so Jensen knows they wouldn't want to tell the same stories. 

I do know that Jared first of all has a pretty full plate with Walker, and a young family. Jared also had that pretty public drunken brawl at his own bar, which at his age is concerning. I might love a friend like a brother, but if he had a problem like that, I might not want to go into business with him. Jensen might not feel like Jared is currently capable of collaborating with him on a SPN prequel.

Jensen might not have tipped Jared off ahead of the announcement, out of fear that Jared might beat him to the punch, and blurt out his feelings on social media, anyhow.

I'm squarely team Jensen/Danneel/Robbie on this one. You've got your own show, Jared. Go do it, live your best life, wish your friend well, and stop having public hissy fits.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 11.15.56 PM.jpg

Everyone wants to think he's gotten over doxxing people, but now he just plays the victim and leaves it to the fringe element of his fandom to take it from there.

Same thing, just more subtle, and now he's doing it to his "friend".

He should delete the ones to Jensen, too, if he's really sorry, AND issue a retraction, but I  don't think he is. 

Dude still has big problems if you ask me, and with "friends" like him, who needs enemies, AFAIC. 

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 9

It’ll be good. Jensen gets the John/Mary dynamic.  It’s a dark and tragic family story with supernatural elements …. Just wish it wasn’t the CW. Best of luck to them! 🤞

Jared shouldn’t have access to Twitter. This isn’t the first time he’s gone off like this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
31 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

This is certainly not what I saw or read, Jensen after the meeting said that "he was not sure about the ending" then he spoke to Kripke and then said "he understood and agreed this would be the right ending".  After that I NEVER saw him say again that he did not want that ending or that he hated that ending he went on AGAIN AND AGAIN to say how much he liked the ending.  There was absolutely no need for him to reiterate again and again that he liked the ending if this was not the case.  IMO it is just all the people who didn't like the ending seeing what they wanted to see. 

Quoting from a twitter tweet:

The Jensen that took Jared aside post finale, just the two of them to said he was proud of them and the work they did? I will keep using these examples because Jensen is not that guy. I don’t want him to be that guy. I have not been his fan for years to see him be that guy.

this says what I feel.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

It’ll be good. Jensen gets the John/Mary dynamic.  It’s a dark and tragic family story with supernatural elements …. Just wish it wasn’t the CW. Best of luck to them! 🤞

Jared shouldn’t have access to Twitter. This isn’t the first time he’s gone off like this.

Yes, Jared should have his SM access taken away from him. Regardless of whether Jensen should have clued him into the project, thinking that the behavior Jared displayed publicly on SM last night was in any way professional or adult or deserved is disturbing. This is the same bile he launched at airline workers, waiters, waitresses, bartenders, etc. etc. Using his celebrity to try and rile his fan base to dox people and screw with their livelihoods is not justified in any scenario. And now he's doing it do a supposed "friend" and colleague of 15 years? Frankly the CW should be unhappy at this behavior from one of their employees considering they are interested in the prequel project.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Everyone wants to think he's gotten over doxxing people, but now he just plays the victim and leaves it to the fringe element of his fandom to take it from there.

Same thing, just more subtle, and now he's doing it to his "friend".

He should delete the ones to Jensen, too, if he's really sorry, AND issue a retraction, but I  don't think he is. 

Dude still has big problems if you ask me, and with "friends" like him, who needs enemies, AFAIC. 

I feel like I've asked about this before, but if I have, I've also forgotten the answer, so please forgive me, if I'm being repetitive. Jared doxxed people? Who? How? Why? 

I do get why Jared might feel hurt about not getting a heads up from Jensen. I just also feel in my gut that Jensen probably had his reasons for not doing so. I can think of reasons with only a limited amount of knowledge I have about their real lives, which are likely to be only the tip of the iceberg.

14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm wondering if Jensen never liked the retconning of John from an admittedly rough and tumble widower obsessed with his wife's bizarre death, into an actually abusive father. I never did. For that reason alone, I'm a little excited about the possibility of a John and Mary prequel.

I do wonder if Gen took his phone away after those tweets.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Icarus said:

This is certainly not what I saw or read, Jensen after the meeting said that "he was not sure about the ending" then he spoke to Kripke and then said "he understood and agreed this would be the right ending".  After that I NEVER saw him say again that he did not want that ending or that he hated that ending he went on AGAIN AND AGAIN to say how much he liked the ending.  There was absolutely no need for him to reiterate again and again that he liked the ending if this was not the case.  IMO it is just all the people who didn't like the ending seeing what they wanted to see. 

Quoting from a twitter tweet:

The Jensen that took Jared aside post finale, just the two of them to said he was proud of them and the work they did? I will keep using these examples because Jensen is not that guy. I don’t want him to be that guy. I have not been his fan for years to see him be that guy.

this says what I feel.

He got basically gaslighted into putting up and shurting up. And unlike others Jensen is too professional to throw a big tantrum about it. He promoted the show to his best ability. 

But that show is over. And Jensen is allowed to have a career now that is not about catering to Jared. If that is too big a shock for Jared and at 40 he still can’t get over his doxxing on twitter habit; then that is not Jensen's problem.

If you don't like him anymore and Jared can do no wrong in your eyes, then so be it. I'm quite frankly happier that Jensen gets over the sonewhat disturbing doormat tendencies he had with Jared over the course of SPN. It was horrible enough when it was fictional. 

• Love 8

*sigh* Just when I thought that we were done with the SPN drama...

Gonna start off with that posting your upset on SM wasn't the ideal way to handle this matter, but I can understand Jared feeling's about this. Like Jensen, he invested a decade and a half of his life to a show and understandably has strong feelings about it and its legacy. If Jensen and Danielle want to do a prequel and have Kripke's blessing, that's fine. While I've got nearly zero interest in the John and Mary story, Jensen can do what he wants. Personally I would have been more interested in the story of how John managed during those first few years after losing Mary, raising his Weechesters and starting to discover all about the supernatural but that's not what we're getting, at least for now.

It's still pretty shitty for Jensen to have not given Jared (and Misha) a heads up right before the news broke. If only as a professional courtesy to actors that he'd worked with for so long, and especially given that they had close personal friendships and showed so much mutual support for one another's new projects. Sure, I can see that as Jensen framed the show that there's no role for Sam and that's fine but it was not a nice thing to do to a man that you called "brother" for many years and who you had expressed an interest in revisiting your characters again in the future to blindside him like this. This was handled badly.

Again, Jared's response wasn't as mature as I would have liked but that's the downside of SM - we can post things in the heat of the moment and then look back and think "Yeah... I could have handled this better." 

• Love 10
36 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I guess Jared assumed that he would be involved with anything SPN related (spinoffs, movies, sequels, etc). 

Considering how much he and Jensen had spoken about revisiting SPN in the future and both being open to a spinoff idea, that's not totally out of line for Jared to believe. Like I said, I don't have any interest in the John and Mary story because there's no real surprise in it. We've seen it dealt with on the show and we know how it all ends. If this is what Jensen wants to do, that's great for him.

He still had a relationship with Jared, both professional and personal and letting Jared find out through the media that there is a new SPN project, Jensen is producing it and that he won't have any role to play... I can get why he's upset. I don't agree how he handled it but his feelings are understandable.

And man... I did not miss the Jensen/DeanGirls vs the Jared/SamGirls bullshit. Not thrilled to see this all bubbling up again.

• Love 10

I've wanted a John Winchester origin story for a long time, so I'mcautiously excited, and intrigued. Love that Jensen  is doing it, as I think he has the best grasp on John as a character, the  good and the bad. Not a fan of Mary, but I did like Young Mary more than S12 Mary, so maybe? I'll keep an open mind anyway.

What Jared did is probably one of the lowest things I've ever seen. I get his feelings being hurt, and I don't blame him for that; he and Jensen built SPN together, a courtesy call would've been considerate. But to take it to social media, throw a fit, and drag the fandom into it?  Jared basically sabotaged this project, because now half the fandom is pissed at Jensen and will probably do anything they can to make sure the prequel fails.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Icarus said:

This is certainly not what I saw or read, Jensen after the meeting said that "he was not sure about the ending" then he spoke to Kripke and then said "he understood and agreed this would be the right ending

Even if he did come around to liking it, it still doesn't change the fact that by Jared's own words, in the initial meeting where they were told, that he knew Jensen had reservations and wasn't thrilled with the proposed ending.  Jared sat there and didn't say a word.  He basically hung his friend and colleague of 15 years out to dry with the whole take it or leave it thing.  

I'm not saying Jared can't like Sam's proposed ending but maybe if they presented a united front they could have compromised to something they both liked.   But Jensen's feelings didn't matter to Jared then, so I can't say I have much sympathy that for Jared here. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 11

I remember Jensen saying a few months ago -- maybe in March -- that Chaos Machine was working on an exciting project connected to Supernatural. He said that he didn't want to give away too much at that time so he didn't give any details. But I remember seeing something about it on Twitter.

So I am surprised to see Jared saying that this was absolutely the first time he had ever heard anything about this.  Why did he not ask Jensen for the details back then? Or does he not listen to what Jensen says about his new projects?

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
6 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'm wondering if Jensen never liked the retconning of John from an admittedly rough and tumble widower obsessed with his wife's bizarre death, into an actually abusive father. I never did. For that reason alone, I'm a little excited about the possibility of a John and Mary prequel.

John’s descent from family man and  father into a crazed hunter of the dark world of demons and monsters is the story I want told.  And the story I think Jensen will tell. As someone else pointed out, let this be for grown ups please. There’s his journal.  His mad thirst for revenge. The YED. Something about their match being destiny?  Lots of stories there. 

Plus wasn’t dad fooling around in an early episode? I seem to remember Mary on the phone and young Dean comforting her. Maybe I’m misremembering?

And what of Mary?  Not all sweetness and light apparently.  She knew things he didn’t. Did things, like continuing to hunt.

Nothing in that marriage was how it seemed on the surface in episode one. That’s the story I want.

In later seasons they totally whitewashed John and for some odd reason turned Mary into mommy dearest. I’d prefer to forget that happened.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm just curious that if Jared decided to do an SPN prequel that Jensen had no role in would Jensen's fans be so supportive of it. Or would Jared end up being ripped apart for his audacity?

7 minutes ago, goyour-own-way said:

now half the fandom is pissed at Jensen and will probably do anything they can to make sure the prequel fails.

Jensen has been around the fandom enough to know that it's a touchy beast and slighting one of the former leads (even unintentionally) was going to stir up a strong reaction. All of this could have been avoided with a simple phone call between colleges that worked together for a long time. 

And in all seriousness... I saw a lot of Jensen stand on various platforms who were so upset about how SPN's finale went that they wanted to see Walker fail. It's a two way street.

• Love 4
Just now, Hana Chan said:

I'm just curious that if Jared decided to do an SPN prequel that Jensen had no role in would Jensen's fans be so supportive of it. Or would Jared end up being ripped apart for his audacity?

Jensen has been around the fandom enough to know that it's a touchy beast and slighting one of the former leads (even unintentionally) was going to stir up a strong reaction. All of this could have been avoided with a simple phone call between colleges that worked together for a long time. 

And in all seriousness... I saw a lot of Jensen stand on various platforms who were so upset about how SPN's finale went that they wanted to see Walker fail. It's a two way street.

And when fandom drama happened with Walker, did Jensen throw a hissy fit on social media to doxx Jared? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Hana Chan said:

Maybe Jensen didn't think Jared would go on social media and air their dirty laundry, causing a fandrom uproar? Jared never should've taken this problem to Twitter. This isn't the first time Jared has displayed this kind of behavior, but it's the first time he's used the fandom to passive aggressively attack a friend. Hurt feelings don't justify this.

The fandom, in general, is toxic. Not just Jensen/Dean or Jared/Sam fans. However, I didn't see Jensen go on social media and complain about how he disliked Dean's ending in the series finale, and how Jared didn't support him, did you? So his fans reactions had nothing to do with his words (and Walker is doing very well, so they were obviously empty threats). 

• Love 12
(edited)
22 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Jensen is producing it and that he won't have any role to play...

But how do we know Jared won't have a role to play or that Jensen has plans to include Jared.  In the last live stream, he said Jared would be involved. 

He could have been planning on asking Jared to do some narration too as a guest star since he's busy with Walker.    We don't know.  

No, it wouldn't' have been announced during the initial announcement if JP hadn't signed a contract yet. 

There is a big difference between a show about to air and a show that is in development.  Jensen took the idea to the network to get a John/Mary spinoff greenlit.  Basically that is what happened.  The show isn't picked up yet.  There are no actors, scripts, directors or writers yet.  Just a basic idea. 

We don't know the full terms of the the NDA Chaos Machine signed.  At early stages telling the wrong person can get a project cancelled.  (Remember Misha's story about audition for Anakin Skywalker and him telling cashier at a pizza place he had a call back).  It doesn't matter at this stage who might have been on SPN for how long or what relationship they had with the show. 

Do you think Jared and Jensen were consulted about the plot for Bloodlines or Wayward despite it being their show?

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 16

If the roles were switched and it was Jensen who didn't know about the prequel, none of us would know either because Jensen doesn't air his dirty laundry out to the public. So, moot point. This issue did not need the fandom's involvement in any shape or form, and we don't have enough context (nor should we) to make judgements on Jensen's reasons for withholding. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

Jensen(also a very emotional person albeit more reserved than JP, IMO) was probably also "gutted", and possibly even felt betrayed, too, when no one had his back when he expressed reservations about the finale and about a number of other things concerning the show, especially in the last few seasons. 

So, not being one to call out people on social media, he simply learned how to avoid the lack of creative control in future projects that he might want to be involved in in his own way.

This, x one million.

Did Jensen go and whine on social media when Jared decided to keep the role of Walker for himself? Or when Jensen had very real reservations over the ending of 'their' show, was at times visibly upset about it, and was pooh-poohed by his 'best friend' ? No he did not. Because Jensen is a sensitive, mature person. Going on the offensive on social media is 100% Jared's M.O. - and whether or not he's sorry later (I doubt a narcissist is ever actually sorry, but I digress), he never retracts or apologizes - though he does delete and pretend it never happened, like his nasty tweet to Robbie (or his drunken fights with bar patrons/employees).

I've lost whatever shred of respect I had left for him. I doubt we'll hear Jensen's side of this, but I sincerely hope his peacemaking/Jared coddling days are behind him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Sad that Jensen didn’t even get one day to enjoy the announcement.

I don’t know Misha’s feelings about not being told but at least he showed professionalism and humor. I have respect for that.

Jared could have expressed disappointment and surprise without starting a (fan and personal) war. Or better yet, talk to Jensen personally before putting anything on social media. He may be pleasantly surprised what Jensen has planned

• Love 11
13 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Plus wasn’t dad fooling around in an early episode? I seem to remember Mary on the phone and young Dean comforting her. Maybe I’m misremembering?

I don't think it was about him fooling around. Just that they had a fight and John left them for a few days. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

He got basically gaslighted into putting up and shurting up. And unlike others Jensen is too professional to throw a big tantrum about it. He promoted the show to his best ability. 

But that show is over. And Jensen is allowed to have a career now that is not about catering to Jared. If that is too big a shock for Jared and at 40 he still can’t get over his doxxing on twitter habit; then that is not Jensen's problem.

If you don't like him anymore and Jared can do no wrong in your eyes, then so be it. I'm quite frankly happier that Jensen gets over the sonewhat disturbing doormat tendencies he had with Jared over the course of SPN. It was horrible enough when it was fictional. 

I've had it up to my eyeballs with fans who want to paint Jensen as the "bad guy" in any way at all just so their fave won't  be seen as "that bad".

Up to my eyeballs,  I tell you.

I thought it could finally be over after the show ended, but it continues on to this day.

Jensen did nothing wrong in this, but JP sure as hell did, but yet again we're getting people saying Jensen should have called Jared, first and foremost.

What the Actual Fuck?

I can't with this garbage any more, but if I were Jensen, I'd be done with Jared after this.

Dude IS trying to sabotage the project, IMO,  and maybe he's doing it subconsciously, but if so, he should still hear it not only from Jensen, but also, yes, from the CW, too.

The coddling had reached ludicrous and ridiculous levels if people see Jensen as being " more wrong" here.

Screw that and any in this fandom who feel that way.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Nothing in that marriage was how it seemed on the surface in episode one. That’s the story I want.

I actually like this as a concept. The real relationship in life vs the idealized relationship in death. 

If nothing else the 300th episode confirmed (for me) that John and Mary truly loved each other, in spite of lies and omissions. 

• Love 7

Jensen needs new pr people. What a stupid, own-goal he and his wife just pulled. What is their angle with this? Why not just tell Jared before posting it all over social media. It would have taken all of five minutes. Idiots. 

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I'll answer this candidly. First, I'm a fan of both actors (and almost the entire regular/recurring cast). They gave me 15 years of characters I will never forget. For all that this show could and did drive me out of my mind at times, it will always be special to me, and Jensen and Jared are the biggest part of that.

That said...

I'd be spitting fire if Jared developed a SPN prequel and announced it without giving Jensen a heads up.

I also think though, that I'd never know that second part. In my experience with these two actors, Jensen is, overall, more professional, and keeps his card close to his vest.

I also just trust Jared less, and partly, that's because I think he has addiction or substance abuse issues, in addition to (or as part of) his mental health issues.

In my experience, Jensen has usually avoided drama, where Jared has courted it, so I can't divorce my reaction from what I've previously seen from them.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Jensen needs new pr people. What a stupid, own-goal he and his wife just pulled. What is their angle with this? Why not just tell Jared before posting it all over social media. It would have taken all of five minutes. Idiots. 

They didn't post it, CW/WB released it. It's entirely possible they didn't know the timing of the announcement. The CW/WB control those kinds of announcements.

I've been pretty neutral on this but, I have to say blaming Jensen and, his wife for Jared throwing a fit on SM is pretty out there. Yes, they could and, should have given him a courtesy call but, Jared shouldn't have taken this to SM either. Saying that Jensen should have called Jared in advance and, not saying Jared should have called Jensen instead of going on SM is beyond me.

Both could have handled it better but, good lord Jared is just as responsible for this drama. None of this even needed to be a drama, take your issues with your friend behind the scenes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

Jared could have expressed disappointment and surprise without starting a (fan and personal) war. Or better yet, talk to Jensen personally before putting anything on social media. He may be pleasantly surprised what Jensen has planned

I'll agree with you that going on SM was not a wonderful way to handle things. But this was an unforced error on Jensen's part. He knows Jared and he should have recognized that giving his former castmate and supposed close friend that this was in the works, this is what Jensen had in mind and that the only part for Dean in this is narrating John and Mary's life.  A quick heads up right before the announcement dropped would have prevented all the drama.

Instead of being focused on an new SPN project, the media is focusing on the fact that one of the leads from the original was totally out of the loop and is hurt by it. That's not good PR for a new show or a new production company. I'm sure that Jared's detractors will have a field day with this but that's to be expected.

Do I hold it against Jensen for doing this project? Not at all, even if I don't have any real interest in it. Could this have been handled better? Absolutely. It's not like the two of them haven't shown a lot of support for one another on SM following the finale. Jensen was very supportive of Jared and Walker, and Jared has been very supportive of Jensen being on The Boys and posting a lot of requests for Jensen to direct on Walker. Even if their friendship was just PR, this was a stupid oversight to make.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

There is a big difference between a show about to air and a show that is in development.  Jensen took the idea to the network to get a John/Mary spinoff greenlit.  Basically that is what happened.  The show isn't picked up yet.  There are no actors, scripts, directors or writers yet.  Just a basic idea

Exactly! Why all the drama (from JP) about a show that might be written,  might be picked up, in a couple of years? Also, it might not even reach the pilot stage? Right now, they just got an order for a script. 

Maybe JA had to keep it secret? Who knows....

Also, you can be mad at your friend, but dissing the writer (R Thompson) was just unprofessional.

• Love 16
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I agree with those who said if the situation was reversed we would never have known about it.  We would never have known Jared was aware Jensen wasn't happy with the finale if Jared hadn't mentioned it, same way we wouldn't have known that Jared may have screwed Jensen over with the whole Walker thing because according to Jared (not Jensen) he originally was developing the role for Jensen but loved it so much he decide to keep it for himself. 

If the situation was reversed, Jensen would have congratulated Jared and then called him about the rest. 

If it was Jared developing the sequel, TBH, no I'd be curious but I would be more apprehensive because I often don't agree with Jared's take on the characters.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

I'll agree with you that going on SM was not a wonderful way to handle things. But this was an unforced error on Jensen's part. He knows Jared and he should have recognized that giving his former castmate and supposed close friend that this was in the works, this is what Jensen had in mind and that the only part for Dean in this is narrating John and Mary's life.  A quick heads up right before the announcement dropped would have prevented all the drama.

Instead of being focused on an new SPN project, the media is focusing on the fact that one of the leads from the original was totally out of the loop and is hurt by it. That's not good PR for a new show or a new production company. I'm sure that Jared's detractors will have a field day with this but that's to be expected.

Do I hold it against Jensen for doing this project? Not at all, even if I don't have any real interest in it. Could this have been handled better? Absolutely. It's not like the two of them haven't shown a lot of support for one another on SM following the finale. Jensen was very supportive of Jared and Walker, and Jared has been very supportive of Jensen being on The Boys and posting a lot of requests for Jensen to direct on Walker. Even if their friendship was just PR, this was a stupid oversight to make.

And if Jensen had given him a heads up, we might have still gotten a "so gutted I'm not involved" twitter spree. Since apparently that seems to be the real problem going by "Sam Winchester will have no involvement".

• Love 6
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Bergamot said:

I remember Jensen saying a few months ago -- maybe in March -- that Chaos Machine was working on an exciting project connected to Supernatural. He said that he didn't want to give away too much at that time so he didn't give any details. But I remember seeing something about it on Twitter.

So I am surprised to see Jared saying that this was absolutely the first time he had ever heard anything about this.  Why did he not ask Jensen for the details back then? Or does he not listen to what Jensen says about his new projects?

This. This. And THIS!!

Because I remember this, too-and not only that, but what if Jensen was legally bound to not discuss this until a certain date?

Are we going to hear about it then on Jared's twitter?- I highly doubt it.

30 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This, x one million.

Did Jensen go and whine on social media when Jared decided to keep the role of Walker for himself? Or when Jensen had very real reservations over the ending of 'their' show, was at times visibly upset about it, and was pooh-poohed by his 'best friend' ? No he did not. Because Jensen is a sensitive, mature person. Going on the offensive on social media is 100% Jared's M.O. - and whether or not he's sorry later (I doubt a narcissist is ever actually sorry, but I digress), he never retracts or apologizes - though he does delete and pretend it never happened, like his nasty tweet to Robbie (or his drunken fights with bar patrons/employees).

I've lost whatever shred of respect I had left for him. I doubt we'll hear Jensen's side of this, but I sincerely hope his peacemaking/Jared coddling days are behind him.

Amen to this.

16 minutes ago, General Days said:

I'll answer this candidly. First, I'm a fan of both actors (and almost the entire regular/recurring cast). They gave me 15 years of characters I will never forget. For all that this show could and did drive me out of my mind at times, it will always be special to me, and Jensen and Jared are the biggest part of that.

That said...

I'd be spitting fire if Jared developed a SPN prequel and announced it without giving Jensen a heads up.

I also think though, that I'd never know that second part. In my experience with these two actors, Jensen is, overall, more professional, and keeps his card close to his vest.

I also just trust Jared less, and partly, that's because I think he has addiction or substance abuse issues, in addition to (or as part of) his mental health issues.

In my experience, Jensen has usually avoided drama, where Jared has courted it, so I can't divorce my reaction from what I've previously seen from them.

If Jared did this behind Jensen's back, I'd think it was typical, so maybe Jensen feels that way, too.

Who knows, but one thing can always be counted on in this fandom, if either Jared or Misha do something that could possibly be construed as wrong, you can bet the ranch that it's going to turn out to be Jensen's fault in one way or another.

He has to be over it, too, so maybe he, like his fandom, doesn't have any more fucks to give.

And if that's the case, I will applaud him.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 9
(edited)

We've only gotten Jared's side of this, and we'll likely never get Jensen's because he probably won't respond publicly. I don't see any point in criticizing him for not telling Jared because we know nothing about the circumstances as of now. But we can criticize Jared for his Twitter tantrum, since that was actually made for us to react to. 

Edited by BabySpinach
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

And if Jensen had given him a heads up, we might have still gotten a "so gutted I'm not involved" twitter spree. Since apparently that seems to be the real problem going by "Sam Winchester will have no involvement".

Why shouldn't Jared be upset that the character that he spent over 15 years playing and was the co-lead to Dean isn't at all in the series, even as a narrator? I don't get the impression that Jared is upset that he's not acting on the series, but that Sam's character is being shut out. Dean gets to appear as the loving narrator while Sam... Sam who?

And if Jared was notified before the announcement what was going on and lashed out on SM, I'd be calling him a chowderhead and not to worry about that because he's the lead in his own series. 

This isn't just a former co-star doing a project adjacent to the one he did with Jared and not including him. It's also someone who has publicly called Jared his friend and "brother". I think that is where this feeling of upset on Jared's part is coming from. Again, I'm not saying that he handled it very well, but I understand where his feelings on the matter are coming from.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

This ^^^

I do want to note though, Jared didn't tweet, "Sam Winchester will have no involvement." His first reaction tweet reads, "Dude. Happy for you. Wish I heard about this some way other than Twitter. I'm excited to watch, but bummed that Sam Winchester had no involvement whatsoever." [emphasis mine, not Jared's]

And by Sam, I think he means himself, i.e. Jared Padalecki. 

He says he's hurt that Jensen didn't tell him before announcing, but I'd bet money that he's more upset he's not getting in on the series as a producer. With his tweets, he also seems to be purposefully conflating himself with his character, in order to awaken the ire not just of his fans, but of Sam's fans (there's a difference).

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Why shouldn't Jared be upset that the character that he spent over 15 years playing and was the co-lead to Dean isn't at all in the series, even as a narrator? I don't get the impression that Jared is upset that he's not acting on the series, but that Sam's character is being shut out. Dean gets to appear as the loving narrator while Sam... Sam who?

I'm curious how you know Jensen wasn't planning on asking Jared to a guest narrator from time to time?

Just because it wasn't' announced straight away doesn't mean Jensen wasn't going to try and make it happen.  

Jim Parsons narrates young Sheldon.  Its about 2-3 minutes per ep.  so it probably won't be a huge part. 

3 minutes ago, General Days said:

Jared has a new tweet up: 

He hasn't deleted the others yet. In case he deletes this one, here's a screenshot of the top of his twitter feed.

jared dont send hate or threats.jpg

Typical Jared.  Makes a passive aggressive tweet and then tell people not to send hate when its too late. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, General Days said:

Jared has a new tweet up: 

He hasn't deleted the others yet. In case he deletes this one, here's a screenshot of the top of his twitter feed.

jared dont send hate or threats.jpg

Oh, this is rich.

Fuck him sideways  X 10 unless he deletes the others. 

Dude needs more therapy.  He really does.

• Love 4
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

And if Jared was notified before the announcement what was going on and lashed out on SM, I'd be calling him a chowderhead and not to worry about that because he's the lead in his own series. 

This isn't just a former co-star doing a project adjacent to the one he did with Jared and not including him. It's also someone who has publicly called Jared his friend and "brother". I think that is where this feeling of upset on Jared's part is coming from. Again, I'm not saying that he handled it very well, but I uwnderstand where his feelings on the matter are coming from.

Well, honestly, Sam in the end was made the only one to matter after SPN was done and "Dean who" was clear after the Finale. So this is still not enough? He is so hard done by the idea of not being an occasional narrator in a prequel project that might or might not happen? Yeesh.

Dean's character needs to be fixed seven ways from Sunday and it's not like that remotely happen either. The way I see it his role would be akin to the kids on "How I met your mother", even with him narrating. I expect for narrator-Dean to have a non role as much as that.

Oh, Jim Parsons on Young Sheldon - even better. Despite narrating he is a complete non-issue on this show.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The way I see it his role would be akin to the kids on "How I met your mother", even with him narrating. I expect for narrator-Dean to have a non role as much as that.

I was thinking Jensen's role will be not like the kids on HIMYM, but like the Bob Saget as Future Ted narrator, or like a Veronica Mars voice-over in the early days of that series.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 1
Just now, General Days said:

I was thinking Jensen's role will be not like the kids on HIMYM, but like the Bob Sagat as Future Ted narrator, or like a Veronica Mars voice-over in the early days of that series.

But both Ted and Veronica are respective main characters. Which wouldn't be the case here.