Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

The gag reel feels forced.  There were a couple of laughs but for the most part it felt like Jared just screwing around for the gag reel later.  I'd have to say it fits the crappy season and crappy finale pretty well, crappy.  

On the up side, Jensen did look genuinely happy so that was nice to see. When he ran out the door during the barn scene blooper I thought 'keep going!' .  He should have. 

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

The gag reel feels forced.  There were a couple of laughs but for the most part it felt like Jared just screwing around for the gag reel later.  I'd have to say it fits the crappy season and crappy finale pretty well, crappy.  

On the up side, Jensen did look genuinely happy so that was nice to see. When he ran out the door during the barn scene blooper I thought 'keep going!' .  He should have. 

Really?  I laughed through the whole thing.

• Love 2
On 5/22/2021 at 9:22 PM, trudysmom said:

The gag reel feels forced. 

I'm sure they were all feeling the weight of it being the last season, and the inevitability of it ending, with having them all (cast and crew) go their separate ways after spending so many years together.

I think JA even said that they were deliberately trying to lighten the mood when things got heavy.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I was SO hoping they'd post the rest of the Quarter To video, and they did! Watching him sing that ending is glorious. LOVE this song. (what that gif is from)

This is my absolute favorite song of theirs from both albums, really strong and beautiful, and something I would totally expect to hear on the radio.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, PAForrest said:

This is my absolute favorite song of theirs from both albums, really strong and beautiful, and something I would totally expect to hear on the radio.

Absolutely. In the days when DJs decided what they played, anyone hearing this would give it a spin, IMO. It's a perfect pop/country song, IMO. The lyrics, the melody, the instrumental (love Steve's mandolin) and their harmonies are perfect.

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Absolutely. In the days when DJs decided what they played, anyone hearing this would give it a spin, IMO. It's a perfect pop/country song, IMO. The lyrics, the melody, the instrumental (love Steve's mandolin) and their harmonies are perfect.

I watched Last Call the other night. I would love a little collaboration between CK and Jensen. Those two both have powerful kickass voices and stage presence. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Frost said:

Okay, all of their children are attractive, but Arrow is absolutely stunning!  Was Danneel that beautiful when she was a child?

I said the same on Twitter.  Talk about winning the genetic jackpot. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This news just broke and Jensen is already trending!!

Yes! I just zoomed over from twitter.

Did ya'll have clues of this or did I miss something? I'm honestly surprised but intrigued.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Stay far away Andrew 😱

Don't.even.speak.its.name!

With Jensen in charge, I hope there's an episode of an egotiscal TV showrunner who has to face the music for his crimes! Make it in the style of the movie 9 to 5 meets Supernatural and I'd really be happy lol.

• Love 5

So Jared is claiming on social media that he didn't know about this and is only finding out via Twitter tonight. He's once again making everything about himself and throwing Jensen under the bus. So now Jensen's big news is tainted by his "friend" who spewed on Twitter instead of a phone call. 

And to Robbie Thompson, he tweeted and then deleted this, but the internet is forever. 

20210624_224601.jpg

I ran over here the moment I read the news.  I felt shocked, then upset (b/c I don't trust), and then after reading about Jensen and Robbie being involved, I got very excited!

That took a turn quickly.  Imma need Jared to just call his friend, please, and not do this over socials.  That's between them. 

Misha had a cute post:  Seems like this show would benefit from a time-traveling angel-in-a-trenchcoat character. Just saying...

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1408239652331429889

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I can’t wait to watch this!!

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So Jared is claiming on social media that he didn't know about this and is only finding out via Twitter tonight. He's once again making everything about himself and throwing Jensen under the bus. So now Jensen's big news is tainted by his "friend" who spewed on Twitter instead of a phone call. 

And to Robbie Thompson, he tweeted and then deleted this, but the internet is forever. 

20210624_224601.jpg

*sigh* 🙄

• Love 4

I have often wondered if Jarpad"s contract negotiations tended to get finals swung his character's way.... Well Jensen was ready for it this time and negotiated the afterlife of Supernatural for himself. Well played. I figured as much when he announced the WB production deal.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)

Sorry, Jared, but Sammy has no place in this iteration of the show, since in theory it should end rather abruptly when he's only 6 months old.  Even if it's "Dean" instead of Jensen narrating, there's still nothing for Sam to do (though I assume if he kicks up enough of a fuss, Jensen will include him at least sometimes.)  *sigh*  

But it does raise a question about what exactly they're going to show...the 10 years between Mary's deal and her death?  Or the years when John and Mary met and were dating (while she was still hunting with her family)? 

If they keep John as the good guy/wonderful father he was in In the Beginning and The Song Remains the Same (since supposedly he didn't turn hardass SuperMarine till after Mary died) does that just make it a Winchester family sitcom, or was Mary still hunting even after they married, per the last retcon? So I suppose Mary spent most of her life with John lying to him and sneaking out on hunts by herself, unless they decide to retcon so that John knew about monsters and starting hunting with her early on.  Either way, ugh.

While I'd like to look forward to it, there are too many potential headaches (and too many bad feelings about Mary in particular) for me to be super excited.  *deep sigh*

Edited by ahrtee
More thoughts.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

20210624_224601.jpg

Interesting. hmmm....To me, there's like Jared before he said the Finale was his favorite episode, and then there's Jared after. I haven't trusted him since lol.

• Love 4

Personally I think that since this is technically Jensen and Danneel’s project he has no obligation to include Jared or Misha. If Dean is narrating when John met Mary there’s no need for Sam or Castiel. It would be nothing more than fan service IMO and after the way that his character was treated over the last few seasons he should be able to tell the story that he wants.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

I ran over here the moment I read the news.  I felt shocked, then upset (b/c I don't trust), and then after reading about Jensen and Robbie being involved, I got very excited!

That took a turn quickly.  Imma need Jared to just call his friend, please, and not do this over socials.  That's between them. 

Misha had a cute post:  Seems like this show would benefit from a time-traveling angel-in-a-trenchcoat character. Just saying...

https://twitter.com/mishacollins/status/1408239652331429889

I'm not a Castiel or Misha fan but his tweet was nice and the sort of tweet you expect from an actor finding out a friend had a show, "anything in their for me?".  Nothing wrong with that.  

But Jared took a total drama queen route.  I'm not sure why Sam should be involved, Dean is only narrating, which would probably be an hour total of work for Jensen over a whole season. Pretty sure Jensen wouldn't think he'd need Jared's permission to narrate a show that is about Dean and Sam's parents BEFORE Dean and Sam were born.  Plus it's normal to not be able to tell anyone until the official announcement.  Jensen probably would have gotten Jared to narrate an episode or something along the way, I doubt that's going to happen now because someone decided it would be better to behave like an immature teenager on twitter instead of like a mature professional adult.

But it does raise a question about what exactly they're going to show...the 10 years between Mary's deal and her death?  Or the years when John and Mary met and were dating (while she was still hunting with her family)? 

Danneel said it takes place in 1972 so I imagine it starts out when they first meet.  In the Beginning was in 1973, the other episode where Dean and Sam both went back was in 1977.  I think it would only focus on the years before Dean and Sam were born. So between 1972 and Jan 1978.

I liked young John and Mary and they were really used and abused by the higher powers of the SPN universe so it could be interesting to see how it all fell into place.  We know Mary secretly hunted even after they were married, which was crappy, but maybe they'll show a compelling reason that wasn't revealed because let's face Dean, Sam and Mary never really talked after she was brought back, she was too busy avoiding them most of the time.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 10

I imagine Jensen, Danneel & Robbie didn’t tell Jared, because he’s very poor at keeping secrets; *cough Misha, S13 cough*.

I do wish it wasn’t on the CW, tho.

• Love 8

I hope it is dark and mature and scary. Not for kids and not a romcom/sitcom.

Mary still hunting with her Dad (on a side note, would Mitch Pillegi reprise the role while being on Walker? Hmmmm....) John going through PTSD. More about life of John after Henry disappeared. 

So many options to explore without making them goody-goody.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Personally I think that since this is technically Jensen and Danneel’s project he has no obligation to include Jared or Misha. If Dean is narrating when John met Mary there’s no need for Sam or Castiel. It would be nothing more than fan service IMO and after the way that his character was treated over the last few seasons he should be able to tell the story that he wants.

And there is a story to why Dean was treated that way... it was bad storytelling and bad for the show because Jensen/Dean were winning the awards as they were.

• Love 2