Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

They haven't even filmed the first episode yet!  From the article, Jared must be going directly from the Supernatural set on its last day to film the first Walker episode if it's going to be ready for May.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

This is interesting.  It looks like Jensen was gifted with a trip for two for a 7 nights stay in Tahiti, and Bora Bora, along with two other Netflix Actors.

Netflix, eh? 😎

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

TBH, I don't know if Netflix is sponsoring the trip, just that that the other two people given it were from netflix.

Shhh! Let us have some hope that Jensen is being wooed by Netflix!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Shhh! Let us have some hope that Jensen is being wooed by Netflix!

Full disclosure.  This was my first though. If Hollywood ran on talent alone there should be a bidding war for Jensen. 

If I was trying to woo someone this is exactly what I would do.

If what I read was accurate this DPA even is invite only and exclusive

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

I believe Supernatural is insanely popular on Netflix, like one of the most watched tv shows. Netflix has to know that. They’d be idiots not to woo him. 

My thoughts exactly. 😊

• Love 2

I found this

So what did the nominees get to enjoy this year? Well, travel was defiantly a theme this year with several incredible travel brands offering their products and services. The SOFITEL HOTELS AND RESORTS will invite selected guests for a magnificient stay of 7 nights in French Polynesia for 2: Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort managed by Sofitel will offer 1 night ,Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort 3 nights and Sofitel Bora Bora 3 nights. This include accommodation for 2 in a luxury overwater bungalows in these gorgeous locations. 5 well-known stars will also get trips to Relais and Chateaux's LE TAHA'A ISLAND RESORT AND SPA in the vanilla island of Taha'a, five minutes from Bora Bora and SOORI BALI, which features one of Bali's 10 most beautiful swimming pools according to the August 2017 issue of Robb Report, will also pamper 10 selected guests at one of the most exquisite luxurious locations in Bali.

So these trips sound exclusive and only offered to a select few. 

👀

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2020/01/08/lifestyle/dpa-luxury-lounge-kicks-off-new-decade-with-the-golden-globe-pre-awards-gifting-suite/4370.html

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Frost said:

They haven't even filmed the first episode yet!  From the article, Jared must be going directly from the Supernatural set on its last day to film the first Walker episode if it's going to be ready for May.

That's right. And yet Jared is somehow giving 100 percent to Supernatural. He is a producer - lots of prep work in script writing. casting etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Pedowitz is obviously very keen to keep the SPN fanbase around. And if that doesn`t happen via a spin-off - since the current writers can`t present one the network would wants - it happens via the actors. At least a portion of the viewers. Not everyone is gonna follow Walker. 

Which is why he said he would love to keep them both. I`m sure there were talks with Jensen about future projects he might be interested in. If he said yes, they would build something around him.

That`s also why Walker was giving a Series Order sight unseen. Same as the new Superman show which undoubtedly is slotted to replace Supergirl if/when Melissa Benoist doesn`t renew her contract. Interesting that they haven`t given the benefit of the doubt to the Arrow spin-off.  

And since it has gotten a series order and the CW doesn`t really cancel anymore, Walker does probably have some shelf life. On CBS it would have been a very different story, they are trigger-happy. 

• Love 1

Interesting that they dropped the "Texas Ranger" from the title, if I read that right. I can see them making him an emo, feelsy, gentle-giant-who-will-kick-your-ass-if-you-done-did-him-wrong. Jared's fans will lap it up, and he won't need the fighting skills that Chuck Norris had. I think the CW is the best possible place for him, as he can continue to be a big fish in a small pond. I guess it's a fair enough reward for sticking with them (the show/CW) for fifteen years.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Pedowitz is obviously very keen to keep the SPN fanbase around. And if that doesn`t happen via a spin-off - since the current writers can`t present one the network would wants - it happens via the actors. At least a portion of the viewers. Not everyone is gonna follow Walker. 

Which is why he said he would love to keep them both. I`m sure there were talks with Jensen about future projects he might be interested in. If he said yes, they would build something around him.

That`s also why Walker was giving a Series Order sight unseen. Same as the new Superman show which undoubtedly is slotted to replace Supergirl if/when Melissa Benoist doesn`t renew her contract. Interesting that they haven`t given the benefit of the doubt to the Arrow spin-off.  

And since it has gotten a series order and the CW doesn`t really cancel anymore, Walker does probably have some shelf life. On CBS it would have been a very different story, they are trigger-happy.

I'm confused, I thought an Arrow spin-off was a done deal? Also I didn't hear about Melissa Benoist possibly not renewing her contract. Granted I don't keep up with those shows anymore, so I'm out of the loop. I do know some Smallville fans who are jazzed about the Supes & Lois series.

The CW is a little baffling in the way they mass renew lots of series year after year that have no ratings at all - I mean like practically negative number ratings. And others, like iZombie, had to fight to stay on every year, or were canceled after a year, like Carver's Frequency. I sometimes wonder if Frequency was canceled because Carver himself lost interest and wanted to move onto Doom Patrol. He's also a consulting producer on Prodigal Son, so he's not wanting for work.

I agree the CW is Walker's best shot for staying on the air. Yes, Pedowitz made it very clear he'd greenlight any series the Js wanted to work on, but I think Jensen is wanting to move on from the network. Of course, never say never.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I'm confused, I thought an Arrow spin-off was a done deal? Also I didn't hear about Melissa Benoist possibly not renewing her contract. Granted I don't keep up with those shows anymore, so I'm out of the loop. I do know some Smallville fans who are jazzed about the Supes & Lois series.

The CW is a little baffling in the way they mass renew lots of series year after year that have no ratings at all - I mean like practically negative number ratings. And others, like iZombie, had to fight to stay on every year, or were canceled after a year, like Carver's Frequency. I sometimes wonder if Frequency was canceled because Carver himself lost interest and wanted to move onto Doom Patrol. He's also a consulting producer on Prodigal Son, so he's not wanting for work.

I agree the CW is Walker's best shot for staying on the air. Yes, Pedowitz made it very clear he'd greenlight any series the Js wanted to work on, but I think Jensen is wanting to move on from the network. Of course, never say never.

Benoist has a contract for 6 years - next Season is the sixth and is heavily expected not to renew. The Arrow spin-off, I think will happen, but I was surprised not to see it in this new announcement. 

Jensen, I think the CW might not have something that would be a good fit for his wishes and the network vibe. He most certainly wouldn't want to leave the SPN set and start filming another project right away. I think he would prefer cable or streaming.

• Useful 2

I'm still curious how Jared went from wanting more time off and less episodes to being the lead and producer of another series before the ink has dried on the words 'The End'. I guess if it films in Austin there won't be the travel time, but it's still a huge undertaking. I suppose it's just another case of only knowing part of the story.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Any ideas how Jared's "case" went, I would think that considering his new "job" there will be little to no repercussions which hopefully means the people involved are all okay with the result or settlement.

• Useful 1
5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm still curious how Jared went from wanting more time off and less episodes to being the lead and producer of another series before the ink has dried on the words 'The End'. I guess if it films in Austin there won't be the travel time, but it's still a huge undertaking. I suppose it's just another case of only knowing part of the story.

I, too, was really surprised at this announcement when it first came out. He was the one that I first-hand at cons heard say time and time again that he wanted a break and some time off...and maybe even to pursue other things besides acting. My guess is that with a growing family, he was getting cold feet about not having a steady paycheck; and by getting something he liked, a good paycheck, producer credit and MOST of all- shooting in his own backyard which means way more time with the family- I just think it was too good to pass up. Keep in mind when they go to Vancouver, it’s like a a day to get there, 3 days of shooting at a time at minimum nowadays, then a day back. Then conventions and stuff some weekends. That’s a least 5 days a week (give or take) away from home and family. Shooting in Austin means probably 12/13 hour days 5 days a week, but he’s with his family at morning and at night. Again, best of both worlds. He was lucky to be offered something like this and I would have taken it too. 

• Love 2

Is it confirmed that Walker will film in Austin? 

FWIW I never believed for a second that Jared had any intention of leaving the spotlight. I don't think he would thrive. I think the retirement talk was whistling past the graveyard, an easy way to save face if nothing came his way post- SPN. He really does seem to be a golden child though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
Just now, Bobcatkitten said:

The pickup story I read didn't say where it would film. I imagine they will film the pilot in LA or Vancouver since they are on a tight timeline before upfronts. But not sure the series. 

If filming of the Pilot is right around upfronts, I wonder if Jared is going to make JIB.  Since its usually right around this time.

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The pickup story I read didn't say where it would film. I imagine they will film the pilot in LA or Vancouver since they are on a tight timeline before upfronts. But not sure the series. 

And it doesn't hurt for Jared to have continuous work for positive PR when his court appearances become a thing or if he goes to trial for those assault charges.

• Love 1

Court dockets are public records - it's scheduled for Feb:

PADALECKI, JARED TRISTAN

TOLAND, JOHN

C-1-CR-19-212858

2/11/20 9:00 AM

CC7

UNF

ASSAULT CAUSES BODILY INJ

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 1
44 minutes ago, BlueSapphire said:

Why is there such an issue with Jared wanting to do something else?  I start to wonder if it’s because Jensen didn’t announce anything first.

I don't see any issue about Jared wanting to do something else.  All I see are good wishes and maybe a little confusion because he had declared he wanted a rest between projects.  That's not any kind of insult that I can see.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, BlueSapphire said:

Why is there such an issue with Jared wanting to do something else?  I start to wonder if it’s because Jensen didn’t announce anything first.

Don't really think it was an issue as much as a surprise.  Jared has been saying he wants more time off and wanted a break before jumping back in.  Then he jumps back in right after Sp ends.  It is a little mind blowing but no biggie that he found a vehicle. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I don't see any issue about Jared wanting to do something else.  All I see are good wishes and maybe a little confusion because he had declared he wanted a rest between projects.  That's not any kind of insult that I can see.

Neither do I. I haven't seen any criticism about him moving on to a new project.

5 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

So the “golden child” comments don’t sound particularly condescending at all? 

Since that is my comment, I'll respond. He is very lucky in that his off-screen actions and his (lately) poor acting haven't seemed to have had any adverse effect on his career. That's my opinion.  And he has said repeatedly, in public, to fans  that he wanted a break, wanted to 'retire' so no, expressing surprise that he is literally jumping right into another full-time, lead role series that he's also producing, is not condescension. It's reaction, stated plainly.

• Love 10

Please let us not fall into the character and shipping wars that exist everywhere else on the internet so much this final season. It’s a shame. I get that most people on this board worship Jensen. I, too, think he’s a phenomenal actor, hot as hell, a super good guy, and I love him dearly. Dean too. That does not mean that I can’t also appreciate Jared and Sam. He’s cool too. Now it’s no secret that Castiel is my favorite character, and I felt his entrance to the show in season 4 was a resurgence the show needed. I know that’s not a popular opinion here, and I don’t care. I love Dean and Cas together; not in a romantic way at all but I love their bromance and chemistry together. We should all be able to express our opinions, and I enjoy hearing about others opinions. That’s why I came here to begin with because I wanted to discuss the show that I love. However, it seems most people on here don’t love it anymore. I thought there were other threads for wank and hate- ones that I don’t read. So I understand the frustration and what could frankly be called meanness when it comes to any character other than Dean, and particularly the writers. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and that’s what I’m preaching here, so I guess I’ll shut up now. 🙂 

• Love 11

I can have an opinion/thoughts about Jared (or Jensen or Misha) without it having anything to do with anyone else, be it ship or 'worship' or anything else.

It seems to me that there is dislike and disappointment about the show expressed here, because it is allowed to be expressed here without fear of being banned or modded out of existence because every word isn't in praise of Show (or character or actor), unlike so many other places on the internet.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Now it’s no secret that Castiel is my favorite character, and I felt his entrance to the show in season 4 was a resurgence the show needed. I know that’s not a popular opinion here, and I don’t care. I love Dean and Cas together; not in a romantic way at all but I love their bromance and chemistry together. We should all be able to express our opinions, and I enjoy hearing about others opinions. That’s why I came here to begin with because I wanted to discuss the show that I love.

Cas entrance was a really bold move and I did and do love the bromance.  I love the characters.  My surprise at seeing Jared going into another show right away isn't a put down.  He can change his mind.

18 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

Not really seeing this point of view.  Jensen is focusing on his new album.  I could care less if Jared got something first.  Now the trouble Jared got himself into in Austin is a concern and I hope it doesn't harm his chances for his new show.  Do I think he did the right thing.  Not from what I've heard.

However, I've been faced with people judging me for something that didn't have any harmful intentions, so I'm really trying to be a judge free zone. 

If Walker has a long run...that is fine.  Not sure it is one I will follow.  I wasn't a big fan of the original either.  This is the comments I'm seeing...not one about Jared doing the show.  Either you loved the original or you didn't.  It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the middle.  I always want to see people succeed. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can have an opinion/thoughts about Jared (or Jensen or Misha) without it having anything to do with anyone else, be it ship or 'worship' or anything else.

Thank you for your post and especially this part of it. I can enjoy a character and appreciate an actor without it being summarized as "worship" which I find pretty insulting tbh.

• Love 8

I’m not sure which thread this goes in but I think it goes here. How crazy is this: I was on a really long and boring airplane ride today so I watched a documentary on scotch. The thing was shot completely in Scotland and all the folks in it were, of course, Scottish. Anyway, at one point they started talking about America’s fascination with scotch, and they showed some clips of some old movies from like the 50s with men drinking scotch and then they showed a few modern movies with people drinking scotch, and then they showed 2 clips of Supernatural! One was Rufus and Bobby drinking scotch and one was Dean drinking and mentioning scotch! Haha! I couldn’t believe it. It was so ironic. I rewound it 3 times lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I so love the few pics that we've gotten of Jensen from the event. 

He is alone in all of the ones that I've seen and, for some reason that I can't pinpoint, that just touches me so deeply. 💔 💖

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I so love the few pics that we've gotten of Jensen from the event. 

He is alone in all of the ones that I've seen and, for some reason that I can't pinpoint, that just touches me so deeply. 💔 💖

Looks like Jared and Gen are/were there as well. Just not very good pics of them.

• Useful 1