Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned yet because this is the first I’ve had a chance to get on here in a week, but as copper (not gold) at Jax con, I attended the regular J2 panel. For that one, Jared did not wear the prison shirt or make fun of the situation. He simply said something at the beginning like, “I’m sorry I missed you all at DC con, and I thank you for your love and support and forgiveness.” And he touched his heart and Jensen nodded. I thought that was respectable. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Anyone see Cliff’s latest Instagram post? I wonder what he’s referring to and what crazy fans are saying what now to the boys and their families. 

The same crap they've been saying for years. The guys wives are beards/bitches and Jensen/Jared/Misha are going to divorce them to hook up with Jensen/JaredMisha (just pick a ship, but for the most part it's Jensen caught in the middle with one or the other of them). They must have been particularly nasty this time, because Jensen actually responded to Clif's post himself.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The same crap they've been saying for years. The guys wives are beards/bitches and Jensen/Jared/Misha are going to divorce them to hook up with Jensen/JaredMisha (just pick a ship, but for the most part it's Jensen caught in the middle with one or the other of them). They must have been particularly nasty this time, because Jensen actually responded to Clif's post himself.

I think there were some people commenting on Danneel and Jensen’s latest IG posts/comments claiming that it was Danneel posing as Jensen in his comments on hers and the post on his because he was saying loving things about her in both places. I know sometime in the last month or so someone claimed that same thing in Danneel’s IG and she called them out then later deleted her comment for whatever reason. Maybe this time it put them over the edge since some of the comments were being made on IG posts that were about the kids. 

I’ve seen some speculation on the kitchen Jensen and Zep were in that it’s a new house and past talk about Jensen and Danneel selling the one they showcased and “what that meant” all of which is likely what he’s talking about in regards to the house comments. Plus people are always speculating any time Jared or Jensen aren’t wearing their wedding rings (not sure if it also has anything to do with people recently making a big deal out of Misha wearing one of Jensen’s old rings...which a friend of mine at Jaxcon said he told them Jensen had pulled out a bag of old jewelry asking if anyone wanted some and Misha and Rich has both grabbed things and that he seemed a bit uncomfortable with people trying to make that into something else).  

• Love 1

Scratch that, I've seen his post - I'll just re-post what I said on Facebook:

Incredibly well said Clif! Boy, it must be bad if he's speaking out like this. For the record, I think Gen and Danneel are kick-ass, and, as a non-kiddie person, I could eat the six little Padackles with cream they are so cute!! People really do need to get lives!

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Sounds like both Ackles are fed up

It's heartbreaking that they have to put up with this, and even more heartbreaking that they're seeing so much more of it than I thought/hoped they did. I sincerely hope what Jensen said about believing it was a small, albeit psychotically deranged, segment of fandom, and not all of us, is true.

Still, I wouldn't be at all surprised if toxic fandom was one factor that played into their decision to finally call it quits. It's certainly why Danneel pulled way back in posting family updates to her IG months ago, and who can blame her.

I knew when the cray cray realized they only had one more year to spew their venom, they'd dial it up to the breaking point.  Sick.

Edited by PAForrest

I'm deeply sorry that Clif and J/D felt they had to respond publicly, as it only seems to be giving these people what they want most - attention and notoriety amongst their 'peers'.  These people cannot be shamed. It is so disturbing that it's come to the point where they actually feel afraid for the safety of their children. Who could blame them if they just stopped sharing altogether. I know I wouldn't.

• Love 3

God only knows what was said this most recent time, but I don't blame them for being upset.  The kids are getting older now, and they go to school with other kids.  Kids who may read things online themselves, or be told things by older siblings, parents, etc., which they then repeat to Jensen and Jared's kids.  Hearing horrible things about their mothers and fathers would be awful.  I'm not saying that's what happened, but if it hasn't yet, it probably will eventually.  

I don't get what is lacking in some people's lives that they need to be this shitty to absolute strangers.  But it's everywhere, not just on fan boards.  Sadly, social media seems to bring out the worst in some people.

• Love 5

Okay I don't know if this is true or not but I read that apparently someone either sent or left hate mail at the J's homes. I think that is why this is different than the usual fan wank that  goes on all the time on social media.

I don’t know what’s any different than the usual fandom shitshow to cause the latest uproar, other than cliff and the Ackles’ involvement. 

But they might want to get off social media and get on the phone with the cops. Stalkers live for attention from the object of their obsession. If this is a concern, laying low and hiring an actual bodyguard will do more for their safety than venting on social media. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Bessie said:

If this is a concern, laying low and hiring an actual bodyguard will do more for their safety than venting on social media. 

Agreed.  I mean Clif is "bodyguardtoJ&J", has been for years.  It stands to reason that if the guys have a bodyguard, their families need security too.  It's crazy, and sad.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Bessie said:

But they might want to get off social media and get on the phone with the cops. Stalkers live for attention from the object of their obsession. If this is a concern, laying low and hiring an actual bodyguard will do more for their safety than venting on social media. 

Didn't Danneel's comment state that they had a company monitoring their SM because they were posting anonymously? That's what I took from her statement. It seems that they need actual names to report before they can call the police. They usually want hard evidence instead of "I'm being stalked". 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

They usually want hard evidence instead of "I'm being stalked

Yeah. That makes me crazy!!  But they really ought to get professionals to safeguard their family. And, stay off social media. Innocent posts can provide stalkers with all kinds of information. 

ETA: And, given that Jensen is a high-profile, celebrity supporter, I’m hoping the police would get involved, if asked.  Maybe they already have, which would be great!

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 2
41 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Yeah. That makes me crazy!!  But they really ought to get professionals to safeguard their family. And, stay off social media. Innocent posts can provide stalkers with all kinds of information. 

ETA: And, given that Jensen is a high-profile, celebrity supporter, I’m hoping the police would get involved, if asked.  Maybe they already have, which would be great!

This is the problem.  The blame the victim mentality.  (Not that you are doing that Bessie, just that its a problem in general). 

I get what your saying, but its like saying the victim has to hide and not talk if they don't want to continue to be victim.   It's like Danneel said, it would be great to just ignore it but sometimes its just not possible. 

I'm sure they probably have called police and have hired extra security.   My guess is that they took to social media in the hopes that it might get them to back off since most people who post anonymously do so because they can hid behind a screen name are all talk.  Most bullies are actually cowards who will back down if you stand up to them.  Maybe they hoped that the person doing it would get scared off at the thought of the police getting involved.   I already saw one of the "anti-Danneel" blogs basically announce they were deleting their blog.

As for saying of social media, I would 100% understand if they did, but they shouldn't have to if they don't want to. 

I like Jensen and Danneel's posts.  They make me laugh and smile and Danneel seems like a strong, upbeat person but everyone has their limits and they should be able to speak out if someone crosses them.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Bessie said:

I don’t know what’s any different than the usual fandom shitshow to cause the latest uproar, other than cliff and the Ackles’ involvement. 

Both things can have been done at the same time. Clif also referring to The Padaleckis in his post IMO makes it  pretty clear that it's about both families. Danneel stated they have hired additional security.

I think it's smart to make a public comment as did Danneel and Jensen. It's telling the harrassers  they are intending or have already started legal actions to stop the harrassment.  I doubt they will post about it again. And Clif would not have said what he said without the approval from the Ackles and the Padaleckis IMO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

I get what your saying, but its like saying the victim has to hide and not talk if they don't want to continue to be victim.   

Completely agreed. I don’t disagree with a word of what you wrote. Stalkers absolutely cause people to hide. Some people move and stalkers will still track them down. They can be super scary. Relentless.

daneel’s comment leads me to believe that something serious happened. I never did track down what Jensen said, but sometimes you have to do whatever is necessary to protect the people you love  

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 2

Jensen's comment called them bullies.

We don't know what the specific straw was that caused Clif to rant, nor what made D & J decide this was the time for them to comment also. But we do know that D & J are pretty rational, responsible people, so since they did choose to comment, I have to believe they have the situation under as much control as possible. Clearly D isn't letting it stop her from sharing and showing her love for her kids and husband just as she wants to - we got another IG right away.

I don't think these people (the miserable 'fans') can be shamed, but I do think they can be shut down if they are identified (to authorities, not to us) and not allowed to hide behind screen names like the cowardly, miserable people that they are. I don't know if Clif's rant was pre-approved by the Ackles or the Padaleckis, but D & Js comments were, IMO, deliberate shots across the bow. Hopefully it makes the rats crawl back into their holes for a while at least.

jacom.JPG

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 9
21 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Okay I don't know if this is true or not but I read that apparently someone either sent or left hate mail at the J's homes. I think that is why this is different than the usual fan wank that  goes on all the time on social media.

I don't know anything beyond what I just read here, but if there were threatening messages sent (as was mentioned in Danneel's post, and I have no reason at all to doubt it), then it is indeed different from the usual fan wank.

According to the FBI,

"Issuing a threat—even over social media, via text message, or through e-mail—is a federal crime (threatening interstate communications). Those who post or send these threats can receive up to five years in federal prison, or they can face state or local charges."

https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/hoax-threats-awareness-100518

• Useful 6
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen's comment called them bullies.

We don't know what the specific straw was that caused Clif to rant, nor what made D & J decide this was the time for them to comment also. But we do know that D & J are pretty rational, responsible people, so since they did choose to comment, I have to believe they have the situation under as much control as possible. Clearly D isn't letting it stop her from sharing and showing her love for her kids and husband just as she wants to - we got another IG right away.

I don't think these people (the miserable 'fans') can be shamed, but I do think they can be shut down if they are identified (to authorities, not to us) and not allowed to hide behind screen names like the cowardly, miserable people that they are. I don't know if Clif's rant was pre-approved by the Ackles or the Padaleckis, but D & Js comments were, IMO, deliberate shots across the bow. Hopefully it makes the rats crawl back into their holes for a while at least.

jacom.JPG

ITA with this entire post. And yes, I doubt that we will hear much about it from The Ackles again because this was indeed a warning that they ARE taking legal action because in their opinion(and as would be mine too w/o any doubt, if I were in their shoes)the safety of their family has been compromised.

And good for them for taking action, if that's the case; or even if that's just how they feel AND good for them for finally speaking up about this shit.

It's about time, IMO. 

• Love 8
58 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I believe so. I think Steve and Christian recorded together?

Now that I can see the video on my computer and not my teeny phone screen I can see it is Steve.

Are they drinking booze straight from the bottle? Yikes. Long before Supernatural was on my radar, Chris Kane (who I had never heard of at the time) was at convention that included an actor from another show that I watched  (Gale Harold from Queer As Folk). CK was clearly drunk and there was an incident that was not very pretty and unfortunately, that kind of coloured my opinion of him. Hopefully that was an isolated event - he seems like a good enough guy.

4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now that I can see the video on my computer and not my teeny phone screen I can see it is Steve.

Are they drinking booze straight from the bottle? Yikes. Long before Supernatural was on my radar, Chris Kane (who I had never heard of at the time) was at convention that included an actor from another show that I watched  (Gale Harold from Queer As Folk). CK was clearly drunk and there was an incident that was not very pretty and unfortunately, that kind of coloured my opinion of him. Hopefully that was an isolated event - he seems like a good enough guy.

I went to two Angel conventions with Christian Kane in the UK and each time he was clearly hammered throughout the entire weekend but he wasn`t at all unpleasant, his panels were fun enough, he was nice during photo ops (and coherent enough so he could talk to me just fine), the concert had some hilarious moments because the entire band was hammered.

So I don`t know. He was drunk but not a mean drunk. 

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I went to two Angel conventions with Christian Kane in the UK and each time he was clearly hammered throughout the entire weekend but he wasn`t at all unpleasant, his panels were fun enough, he was nice during photo ops (and coherent enough so he could talk to me just fine), the concert had some hilarious moments because the entire band was hammered.

So I don`t know. He was drunk but not a mean drunk. 

He wasn't actually mean at this one either - I don't really want to hash it up because it was a long time ago. Like I said, it just made me dismiss him at the time (I haven't watched any of the shows he's been on) and it actually took me a while to connect 'that guy' to the Chris Kane who shows up in so many RPF fics, lol. Hopefully they are all growing up a little now.

38 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He wasn't actually mean at this one either - I don't really want to hash it up because it was a long time ago. Like I said, it just made me dismiss him at the time (I haven't watched any of the shows he's been on) and it actually took me a while to connect 'that guy' to the Chris Kane who shows up in so many RPF fics, lol. Hopefully they are all growing up a little now.

I actually don't think he is the best actor - Lindsey on Angel was maybe the best work he did IMO - but he picks fun roles in fun shows. If you don't mind a bit (lot) of camp and goofiness, I would recommend the Librarians. I found it to be such a fun, lighthearted show that just made me feel joyful. Sooner or later genre shows tend to go down a road where they really annoy me but Librarians and Grimm were possibly the only exceptions.

Leverage is also really fun and he plays an epic badass there. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I actually don't think he is the best actor - Lindsey on Angel was maybe the best work he did IMO - but he picks fun roles in fun shows. If you don't mind a bit (lot) of camp and goofiness, I would recommend the Librarians. I found it to be such a fun, lighthearted show that just made me feel joyful. Sooner or later genre shows tend to go down a road where they really annoy me but Librarians and Grimm were possibly the only exceptions.

Leverage is also really fun and he plays an epic badass there. 

He is awesome on Angel and Leverage. I always thought he would have made Sam sympathetic for me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3