Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I don't know.  I'm pretty sure these are their names.  I've certainly heard worse.  After Justice Jay, it stands to reason they wouldn't go with names that were too traditional.  I'm wondering if their middle names might be family names?  Jensen is supposedly going to the convention tomorrow, so we may get more details.

I'm laughing to myself because Jensen told a story at a recent con about discussing possible baby names with JJ, and her reaction to one of his suggestions was "how about...no".  I wonder how she reacted to these names?   

Oh well, these kids will be loved, so that's really all that matters.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 1

My husband just suggested that Jensen must be contractually obligated to name his children after CW shows/characters/ideas.  ;-)

• Justice -- the DC shows/Justice League
  • Zeppelin -- Dean and his Led Zeppelin love
  • Bram -- Bram Stoker and vampires/Supernatural/The Vampire Diaries
  • Arrow -- obvious
  • Rhodes -- Stephen Amell's WWE rival
  • Love 3

I think just Bram and Rhodes or maybe as middle names with more common first names wouldn`t have raised so many eyebrows. Admittedly, `those are not my kind of names either but then, those are not my kids. And the most important thing is that both mother and the babies are healthy and doing well. Congratulations.  

• Love 2

Jensen has made comments about his own name, and how he liked that fact that it was unique.  And Elta Danneel isn't exactly run-of-the-mill either, so I guess it's not too surprising they went with unusual names.  Now that the initial surprise at hearing them for the first time has worn off, they're kind of growing on me.

• Love 1

Definitely unique.  I'm just picturing Danneel standing outside the house yelling "Zeppelin!  Zeppelin Bram Ackles, you get inside right now!"  I'm not sure how well the names will go in Texas, especially in elementary/middle schools. In LA, no problem.  (Does this mean when Jared visits, there'll be Zep and Shep?)  But I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy!

I was thinking of Kim Rhodes for Arrow's middle name.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 2

At the SFcon this morning Jensen said Zeppelin (the boy) was named that because his umbilical cord was wrapped around him like as zeppelin bend knot. As to Arrow (the girl) they wanted an A.A. name and both Jensen and Danneel liked Arrow. 

Fangasm @FangasmSPN 5m5 minutes ago
.@JensenAckles: there's a knot known as the zeppelin blend and his cord was tied around him #spnsf

Fangasm @FangasmSPN 2m2 minutes ago
.@JensenAckles: we wanted an A A name and we both liked Arrow. I mean when your parents are @DanneelHarris and Jensen... #spnsf

16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

At the SFcon this morning Jensen said Zeppelin (the boy) was named that because his umbilical cord was wrapped around him like as zeppelin bend knot. As to Arrow (the girl) they wanted an A.A. name and both Jensen and Danneel liked Arrow. 

Saw this today:

snip2.jpg

• Love 6
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Wait...does that mean they didn't choose the name till after he was born?  

2 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Wait...does that mean they didn't choose the name till after he was born?

Yup. I watched the con video and he said it was a last minute choice. The babies were due next week and they came early. He said it just kind of came up after Zeppelin was born. Arrow was one they had been considering already but Zeppelin, was after he was born. Jared said Shep wasn't named until after he was born.

2 minutes ago, auntvi said:

I'm seeing Genevieve insisting that their kids' names are all names (not just nouns).

Her second son is named Austin Shepherd.  I think he was named for the city in which they live.  

There are some seriously nasty people on social media.  I know it shouldn't surprise me, and I'm sure it's only a handful of people, but it never ceases to amaze me just how vicious people can be when they think they're posting anonymously.  I have read some pretty terrible stuff about Danneel today, and it's mind-boggling.  It's not even worth repeating here, because it's not the first time I've seen this sort of stuff, but considering she literally just gave birth to two babies, you'd think people could knock it off for at least a day.  I hope these guys never read this shit.

I haven't seen much about Danneel but I am seeing folks bashing Jensen for going to the con. He explained since he only has to work on Monday and then he'll be on a break after that he decided to do the con. So weird.

I would never bash him for it, but I admit I thought it was an odd decision to attend the con after his wife just gave birth and he's got a 3 year old at home.  But you know what? If I were in his position I don't think I'd want to give up an easy hundred grand when I'd be home in a couple days. So, looking at it that way, it makes sense. 

He explained that Danneel is still in the hospital, and that she insisted he go.  The reality is that their lives are different from ours.  While I'm sure he would prefer to just stay home with his wife and children, he also realizes that people have paid their hard earned money to see him.  And he knows that Danneel is surrounded by family, friends and probably hired help, so she, the babies and JJ are being more than well taken care of.  In fact, she's probably sleeping as much as possible while she can.  But even once she comes home, they can afford to have as much help as she feels she needs to manage two babies and a toddler.  It's a nice problem to have.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

He explained that Danneel is still in the hospital, and that she insisted he go.  The reality is that their lives are different from ours.  While I'm sure he would prefer to just stay home with his wife and children, he also realizes that people have paid their hard earned money to see him.  And he knows that Danneel is surrounded by family, friends and probably hired help, so she, the babies and JJ are being more than well taken care of.  In fact, she's probably sleeping as much as possible while she can.  But even once she comes home, they can afford to have as much help as she feels she needs to manage two babies and a toddler.  It's a nice problem to have.

IA.  And while people would be absolutely understanding, many people spend a long time saving money just to attend a single con.  Imagine if you were a huge Dean fan and you lost your one opportunity.

I'd say Daneel was very generous with insisting he goes and from a logistics perspective it makes a lot of sense (quick two day vice one day trip).  He's halfway to Vancouver in SF.  

What's interesting to me is that they had apparently already planned on him being out this week (with them only scheduling 1 day for J2).  So that's nice.  I think they may have one more week of filming and then 4-5 week break.  Which is really good timing.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Her second son is named Austin Shepherd.  I think he was named for the city in which they live.

The city of Austin was named in the 1800s after Stephen F. Austin, the "Father of Texas", and is a fairly common last name. It is also not unusual for family names to be used as first names.

• Love 1

Bram and Rhodes are actual names as well. The kids could go by those names if they chose. Much like they do with Shepherd. I guess I don't quite get what your point is here.

1 hour ago, auntvi said:

The city of Austin was named in the 1800s after Stephen F. Austin, the "Father of Texas", and is a fairly common last name. It is also not unusual for family names to be used as first names.

Edited by catrox14

Many personal names are derived from places where folks lived and those places are not always named after people, surnames especially or even after the occupation of a person.Some surnames are used as first names instead of a first name. Naming conventions are interesting to me.

I thought Jensen might have been joking about the names not because I thought they were awful names or Jensen was being a douchey celebrity or that they picked random nouns as though they gave no thought to the names at all. I thought Zeppelin could have been an homage to Dean Winchester and any SPN fan would immediately think of Dean but I really didn't think Jensen was THAT attached to Dean, hence why I thought it might be a joke.  Once he explained how he got the name, I was touched and then felt like a jerk for thinking it was a joke. As to Arrow, I thought it might be a joke because of the boys friendship with Stephen Amell

Goodness knows, I'm the last person to judge names since I have a pretty rare last name and one has to be cautious as to what first and middle names you pair with it or it becomes pretty damn hilarious and awkward. I have a somewhat uncommon middle name but a totally common first name. I tried to go by my middle name in junior high because my first name is ordinary but that never took. To me  unusual names are not indicative of bad or egotistical parenting. In any case if my comments came across as judgment towards the parents or mocking of the names that was not my intention and I apologize.

• Love 1

As an owner on one of the most BORING names on the planet... I'm okay with something different.  It's much more different than I'd pick, but it's got potential.  Mine just lies there. Like a dead fish on the dock.  Which has stopped flopping. Hours ago. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Hey, SueB, I disagree. My beautiful sister has the name of Susan and I always have loved it. Everyone else in the family calls her Sue. Nothing "fishy" about it. ;)

D'awwww. Thanks. 

I saw this family in DCCon.  Misha took a photo (in Castiel costume) with Wes and his mother asked him to put two fingers on Wes' head like 'Castiel' was healing him.  It kinda broke my heart.  I hope Wes is doing okay.  

• Love 3

Did anyone mention this here yet?  Eric Kripke's tweet to Jensen and Daneel:

Eric Kripke ✔@therealKripke

@JensenAckles Zeppelin? ZEPPELIN?!! THE BEST NAME IN THE HISTORY OF EVER. (Arrow's great, too). Congrats & love to you & @DanneelHarris

9:43 PM - 3 Dec 2016

(I didn't want to embed the link per mod's request...)

• Love 2
On 11/5/2016 at 1:59 PM, rue721 said:

Ah, that explains it!

I'm like, who would do that? Who wears plaid literally 24-7? Apparently nobody, thank god ;)

Well, from watching convention videos, both boys wear a ton of plaid when out in the wild. And in other casual pictures. 

• Love 2
On 12/7/2016 at 10:24 AM, catrox14 said:

Well, look who's on the cover of the EW Best  of 2016 nestled right under Ryan Reynolds and Beyonce

It took me a lot of time to find them!  First I'm looking all over thinking I have no idea what Beyonce looks like, then I try Ryan Reynolds but get him confused with someone else.  Should've just said "above Darth Vader" and I could've finded them in 5 seconds!  LOL getting too old for this.

• Love 1
On 12/17/2015 at 7:02 AM, Demented Daisy said:

Quote from Misha at the end of 2015

Did you know "Santa" is an anagram of "Satan!" At the top of my Christmas wish list were an infant's heart and the destruction of a nation followed closely by sick puppies and more forest fires. Anything different on your wish list this year?

imageproxy.php.jpeg

Well given what went down in 2016 Misha - you sure got your wish.

• Love 2

A photo William Shatner tweeted. 

William Shatner ‏@WilliamShatner  6h6 hours ago

"Oh poor Boo! He's been pushed to the back table by Elizabeth's newest heartthrob @jarpad! #IstillloveyouBoo"

People of the internet were very impressed with the Queen wearing her Star Trek uniform during her Christmas address. 

C0o4ugAVEAEMuIQ.jpg

• Love 1