Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, SueB said:

I watched it, I'm not remotely pissed off.  Thought it was pretty funny.  Although, I must admit, I had that cringe-embarrassment thing going for Rob big time.  

I was a little concerned with how it went but they flipped it around in the 2nd episode so. I want the rest of it now. Should I start a thread for it?

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1

WUUUT?

Gilmore Girls’ Casting Director Reveals Which Co-Star Alexis Bledel Secretly Dated

http://www.celebuzz.com/2016-11-16/gilmore-girls-casting-director-alexis-bledel-dated-jared-padalecki/

As it turns out, there were a few Gilmore Girls romances that you didn’t even know existed until now.

In conversation with Life & Style, the series’ casting director Mara Casey revealed that Alexis Bledel, who played Rory Gilmore, actually dated her on-screen boyfriend Jared Padalecki (Dean).

“We did have a joke about casting all of Alexis’ [real-life] boyfriends,” Casey told Life & Style. “She dated Jared and Milo (Ventimiglia) And she also dated a young New York actor named Chris Heuisler, who played a guest role. Real sweet kid.”

7 minutes ago, auntvi said:

Not a wank, but I wish they said in the video or on the web page to which charities the money will go. There's not much time between now and Xmas to distribute the profits.

They said towards the end of the video they would update which charities it will go to.

They did say they would have subsequent announcements as to just which groups they were planning to donate to, so hopefully, they'll follow through with that.  I'm going to assume they won't be disbursing any funds until after the campaign is finished, so probably not until after the end of the year or later.  But people can buy the new sweatshirts, etc. to give as holiday gifts to SPN fans, and the money can go to a good cause.  

• Love 2

AFAIK, they all have their own charitable efforts via Creation and Represent

Ruth: Breast Cancer reconstruction charity 

Mark: Juvenile diabetes as one of his children is diabetic.
Briana and Kim Rhodes have another one which I forget who they are helping off the top of my head.

Maybe they'll promote this one via their own SM. 

• Love 1

Thanks,@catrox14. Not to rain on their parade, but unless people want the gear, their money will go a lot further by making donations directly to established nonprofit institutions that do this work. Creation is in the money making business. I haven't researched it, but I'm guessing their cut skims off a fair percentage of what could otherwise go toward helping people. 

10 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Thanks,@catrox14. Not to rain on their parade, but unless people want the gear, their money will go a lot further by making donations directly to established nonprofit institutions that do this work. Creation is in the money making business. I haven't researched it, but I'm guessing their cut skims off a fair percentage of what could otherwise go toward helping people. 

I'm disinclined to pick apart this effort. Doesn't matter that much to me as long there is contribution to the charities they are promising.  I'm only posting this here because it's SPN related.  Help your charities as you like in whatever way you like.

• Love 3

Many for profit businesses have a charitable arm. Even if Creation is in the money making business, that doesn't mean that they are skimming off of the profits rather than sending all the profits to charity. The firm I used to work for would sponsor several charitable events which involved a hefty donation to get their name on the t-shirts, time at work for rallies to get employees involved which took away from actual money making business and time for those employees that were more heavily involved in the planning. What the firm received back was good publicity. Is Creation's name on the merchandise somewhere? If so, I'd bet that publicity is all that they are taking, not profits.

• Love 1

I don't disagree that donating directly to a charity cuts out the middle man, but I think drives like these get people who might not normally donate to do so.  They get a cool shirt, and the charity gets money.  It's a win win, I think.

• Love 5

Corporate sponsorships of charity fundraising events are absolutely critical for nonprofits, but that's not what creation is doing, I don't believe. I'm not interested in this gear so I haven't taken the time to look into in, but I know they made money off YANA. So, I'm assuming theyre doing the same thing here.  But, you know what they say about assuming. . .

I don't mean to discourage anyone from purchasing these items and feeling good that some of the proceeds go to nonprofits. But, I wouldn't encourage people to use this as a donation vehicle. If fans want to help the cause and a beanie is just going to sit in their closets gathering dust, they're much better off donating directly. 

Full disclosure: I've been in the nonprofit world for much of my career. 

ETA: I also really dislike Creation and hate to see them profit off the kindness of fans. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 1

There's been a number of these shirt campaigns, but I have no idea of what percentage of the cost of a shirt goes to a charity, or (from another angle) how much has been earned for charity from any one campaign.  Does anybody know?  And do J2M ever post how much has been donated to where?  It seems like a reasonable thing to want to know.

1 hour ago, Bessie said:

Corporate sponsorships of charity fundraising events are absolutely critical for nonprofits, but that's not what creation is doing, I don't believe. I'm not interested in this gear so I haven't taken the time to look into in, but I know they made money off YANA. So, I'm assuming theyre doing the same thing here.  But, you know what they say about assuming. . .

I don't mean to discourage anyone from purchasing these items and feeling good that some of the proceeds go to nonprofits. But, I wouldn't encourage people to use this as a donation vehicle. If fans want to help the cause and a beanie is just going to sit in their closets gathering dust, they're much better off donating directly. 

Full disclosure: I've been in the nonprofit world for much of my career. 

ETA: I also really dislike Creation and hate to see them profit off the kindness of fans. 

Buy or don't, that's people's personal business.  

@Bessie If you have actual evidence of Charity Fraud, I recommend reporting it to the National Crime Prevention Council.  http://www.ncpc.org/resources/files/pdf/fraud/Preventing-Charity-Fraud-Brochure.pdf 

• Love 1
Just now, Bessie said:

It's not fraud if they disclose what they're doing, which Creation does disclose.  They're not very transparent about exactly how much of the percentage they keep though. 

Link please?

10 hours ago, Bessie said:

This should work, I'm not the quickest draw when it comes to linking.

https://www.creationstands.com/pages/faqs

I'm not usually one to poke holes in any charitable adventure, but I'm with you Bessie: If you want to buy a T-shirt, buy a T-shirt; but if you want to donate to a particular cause, it's probably smarter to donate directly. 

Plus, I'm a bit perplexed by: "We'll be updating you with heart-warming announcements over the next two weeks about the families and organizations your support will be helping during the holidays." Sorry, that's not how I roll. I want to know exactly what--and how much--I'm funding before I sign on.

I'm not suggesting Jared, Jensen or Misha are being dishonest here--quite the contrary--I'm just very cautious by nature and experience.

• Love 1

Not gonna lie, it's gonna take a while for me to hear Arrow Rhodes as anything other than a very weird shout out to Stephen Amell and/or WWE. I mean, I know Jensen at least sort of likes both of them, but....

(ETA: MTE @catrox14. :-D )

Edited by RandomMe
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, RandomMe said:

Not gonna lie, it's gonna take a while for me to hear Arrow Rhodes as anything other than a very weird shout out to Stephen Amell and/or WWE. I mean, I know Jensen at least sort of likes both of them, but....

I literally thought the same thing, which is partly why I'm wondering if he's punking us on the names. Zeppelin sounds like Dean picked one of the names!

He didn't even name one of his kids after Jared unless Jay is for Jared which I suppose it could be.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

@catrox14 I'm glad you said it. My first reaction was he's gotta be punking us. My second was amell's gonna have fun with this. If these are the real names, I wonder which is the boy and which is the girl. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, Bessie said:

@catrox14 I'm glad you said it. My first reaction was he's gotta be punking us. My second was amell's gonna have fun with this. If these are the real names, I wonder which is the boy and which is the girl. 

My first thought: so... which one is the boy and which is the girl?  I'll hazard a guess: Zepplin is the boy and Arrow is the girl.  

Most importantly, I'm glad she had a successful delivery!  It's going to be hard on them for a while.  I wish them lots of luck and sleep.

• Love 2