Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh damn. That's some shade from Michaels about this. O_O

I'm not familiar with who has worked on what and with whom. Would Michaels have info more than the usual Hollywood circles?

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

m not familiar with who has worked on what and with whom. Would Michaels have info more than the usual Hollywood circles?

Just a quick perusal of Michaels' IMDB shows he's been a producer and executive producer of Reasonable Doubts, Midnight Caller,  Lois and Clark, Everybody Hates Chris (created by Chris Rock) and Supernatural for 6 seasons amongst some other shows. I'm betting he knows/has heard many things about TV actors in particular. This is probably a mix of some insider knowledge and public things like Gibson going to anger management classes in the past.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I'm not familiar with who has worked on what and with whom. Would Michaels have info more than the usual Hollywood circles?

Not necessarily I don't see overlap in their careers, but since he mentioned Dharma and Greg, they may have a common acquaintance/friend there. Michaels is a schmoozer. He knows a lot of people.  I would say that Gibson appears toxic right now and I doubt he'll be employed for a while.

• Love 2

It's kind of a bummer to me because I really liked the character of Hotch. But can totally see why they would want to dump him if he's causing that much chaos. I'm guessing they'll kill the character off since he isn't filming anymore. 

Edited by Binns
Moar thoughts
32 minutes ago, Binns said:

It's kind of a bummer to me because I really liked the character of Hotch. But can totally see why they would want to dump him if he's causing that much chaos. I'm guessing they'll kill the character off since he isn't filming anymore. 

Yeah. I think MIchaels' comments about investing wisely point to Gibson not being hired any time soon.

50 minutes ago, Binns said:

Some people on another board were defending him and placing most of the blame elsewhere. I would think though that if Michaels didn't know specifics of certain incidents, he would just keep his mouth shut about it. Should I assume that Michaels wouldn't comment on something he didn't know anything about?

It's bad timing for the show because Shemar Moore left last season and they have never successfully replaced Paget Brewster IMO. Of course if Gibson was one of the reasons Moore left, maybe he would be willing to either come back or at least guest frequently.

7 minutes ago, bearcatfan said:

I would think though that if Michaels didn't know specifics of certain incidents, he would just keep his mouth shut about it. Should I assume that Michaels wouldn't comment on something he didn't know anything about?

I'm not sure what you are saying here? Anyone can have an opinion about anything. If one finds it inappropriate to voice said opinion, is a different matter. 

Since Adam Glass is the EP of Criminal Minds: Beyond Border and there have been a number of former SPN production people and cast that are showing up on CMBB, maybe Michaels' is privy to a lot more information than he might otherwise.

13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Since Adam Glass is the EP of Criminal Minds: Beyond Border and there have been a number of former SPN production people and cast that are showing up on CMBB, maybe Michaels' is privy to a lot more information than he might otherwise.

Are you suggesting he's commenting on gossip he heard from Adam Glass?  (Who would be passing on gossip he heard, since he doesn't work on the flagship show?)  

If that is the case, I find that rather classless of him.  

• Love 1

? This is MY speculation on how he might have info.

Michaels may not have any inside info at all and was choosing to use his  social media platform to comment about an actor who literally kicked a writer/producer in anger.

On the other hand Michaels' business is producing TV shows, including casting decisions. It doesn't seem particularly unreasonable to me that people who work in those circles and know each other might discuss the events surrounding the outright dismissal/firing  of a lead actor, who was under contract, from a long running popular network drama, for physically assaulting a writer/producer. That's not particularly small potatoes IMO.

The nastiness of Michaels tweet made me think there might be some history there.  Maybe it is just insider chatter, but that tweet was mean-spirited. A bit of dancing on the grave going on by Michaels, I thought. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 4

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki added to EW PopFest lineup

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/25/supernatural-jensen-ackles-jared-padalecki-popfest?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Excerpts from the article:

Here is a link to the video.

It's like 10 seconds long but man do the boys look hot.

Great news for fans of Supernatural: Stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki have been added the lineup for Entertainment Weekly’s PopFest, where they’ll participate in a joint Q&A (which will include fan questions) on Saturday, Oct. 29 .

*******************************************************************************************

The two-day event will be held on Oct. 29 and Oct. 30 in downtown Los Angeles at The Reef. Tickets are available to the general public at http://ewpopfest.com/.

To celebrate the EW PopFest announcement, Jensen and Padalecki shot an exclusive video for fans that can be seen above. Find out more about the event at the PopFest website.

Edited by catrox14

Jensen's cover of Simple Man hit iTunes, Amazon and Google Music today. I am buying it. It's a beautiful arrangement. It's now at 20 in Rock on iTunes, 24 in Rock on Amazon, not sure about Google Music rankings.  

Update: It's now up to 14 in Rock on iTunes and the entire album is No 2. :)

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Jason provided a little blurb on Kickstarter: during the Simple Man recoding (which they did on set) when someone fired up Baby, it was picked up. They had paused so they could edit it out but Jason snuck about 3 seconds of Baby's rumble (It's VERY soft) at the start of the song.  Nice little Easter Egg. 

• Love 4

https://www.instagram.com/chrisschmelke/

He's got a great batch of photos of the cast from the cons that he has taken.

Dammit, Jensen. How are you real? I love this picture. I joked in the eye candy thread that it looks like a really hot yearbook photo but truly this is gorgeous. He looks so thoughtful. I want to know just what the hell he's thinking right now.

Is it me or does Matt look more like JDM as he gets older? Like maybe he could actually play older John if they can't get JDM back?

• Love 1

Did you notice the moose and squirrel in the E's ? 

Much  of the Twitterverse think Jensen's head was shopped with an old pic, but i don't think it was. He just looks the same! I mean maybe I'm giving them benefit of the doubt. They are wearing the same clothes as in the PopFest tweet vid

I can't figure what's up with Jensen's photo. It looks like he's standing up in the pic and then they overlayed it to make it look like he's reclining. But then I see a shadow on the car window. So i wonder if it is shopped/airbrushed did they shop in the shadows? I have to say it's probably one of the least attractive photos of Jensen I've ever seen and that is incredibly disappointing considering it's a cover of a major industry magazine they've never been on the cover of before. :(. 

And Jensen is a damn model and is photogenic and knows exactly how to work the camera why does this look so crappy??

Edited by catrox14
On Wednesday, June 22, 2016 at 8:09 PM, SueB said:

The Boys Are Back in Town.  LA, that is.  And tearing it up shopping, photo shoot, and now the Saturn Award Red Carpet.  We be lucky fans today.

I feel like June 22, 2016 should be considered a high holy day for SPN fans

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Did you notice the moose and squirrel in the E's ? 

Much  of the Twitterverse think Jensen's head was shopped with an old pic, but i don't think it was. He just looks the same! I mean maybe I'm giving them benefit of the doubt. They are wearing the same clothes as in the PopFest tweet vid

Did you notice that they included Baby in the credits?

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I can't figure what's up with Jensen's photo. It looks like he's standing up in the pic and then they overlayed it to make it look like he's reclining. But then I see a shadow on the car window. So i wonder if it is shopped/airbrushed did they shop in the shadows?

I think part of the problem is how they cut out Jensen so his head would to go over the logo, it's not a clean cut job and ...I don't know, I think it's an optical illusion of sorts because he's reclining but also sitting forward some. It's definitely something I had to stop and look at twice. Like I said, I like the concept, though.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I think part of the problem is how they cut out Jensen so his head would to go over the logo, it's not a clean cut job and ...I don't know, I think it's an optical illusion of sorts because he's reclining but also sitting forward some. It's definitely something I had to stop and look at twice. Like I said, I like the concept, though.

The concept is great. Unfortunately for me, the concept goes out the window when they make arguably one of the best looking men on the planet look so dull and boring and kind of not like himself. I just am really annoyed with how Jensen looks here. I don't get it. Jared looks fine. 

But yay that the won. 

Okay, at least his face doesn`t look like it`s made entirely out of plastic in this other pic. Because the pic with the lesser quality looked atrocious.

Still, the angle is weird. Either you are reclinging on a car or standing up straight. This photoshop has Jensen`s upper body and head in clearly a standing-up-straight-pose whereas his lower half reclines on a car. It just doesn`t work.

And well, I knew if SPN won the cover that somehow they would fuck it up with his pic. I just thought it would be another "smaller and in the background" deal but instead they have gone for some bastardization of photoshop. That`s why I wouldn`t have voted for it. 

Okay Here is the Official Tweet from EW. I couldn't see their legs all stretched out in the other pics or I just missed it.  So the overall composition here looks better minus Jensen's head placement with the logo like @DittyDotDot pointed out.

But it does look like they are reclined on the car.