Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I used to cover courts and cases do get pushed back all the time. The only thing I find odd here is usually the delay is after an initial hearing. He hasn't even had that yet. But I don't know Texas law. I'm sure they are trying to negotiate a plea bargain and there is probably a monetary settlement related. It could also be complicated due to him owning the bar and his his liquor license would be impacted etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Austin race is simply a race for the IndyCar series. Just like Nascar goes to different tracks and cities.

Also I find it a little weird to have your bodyguard publicly asking for this. Jared has PR people. That is their job. And you do it privately so if you don't get chosen it doesn't look bad. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The Austin race is simply a race for the IndyCar series. Just like Nascar goes to different tracks and cities.

Also I find it a little weird to have your bodyguard publicly asking for this. Jared has PR people. That is their job. And you do it privately so if you don't get chosen it doesn't look bad. 

He (Clif) and the fans were also lobbying NASCAR for Jared after Jensen's stint.  It's one thing for the fans to do it, but from the bodyguard it's just weird. Thus the o_O

• Love 8
17 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I think the website says that means "unfiled."  I don't know what that might mean.  

After some research I think this is what has happened. Jared was arrested that night on charges. But generally after that prosecutors still have to file formal charges and I don't think that has happened. 

• Love 1

I’ve wondered if some of Jared’s Austin-related social media recently - the pre-marathon appearance, the interest in calling whatever “local” race was mentioned recently - is some image repair around town. I’m sure that gets considered both in the potential filing of formal charges and in whatever plea deal they may be working on. 

• Useful 2
32 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

After some research I think this is what has happened. Jared was arrested that night on charges. But generally after that prosecutors still have to file formal charges and I don't think that has happened. 

Unless Texas is wildly different than Pennsylvania, if someone  is arrested, taken before a judge, put in jail and then bailed out-- charges have been filed. No need for the DA to formally file them.

Delays are very common, either the prosecution or the defense may be asking for continuances based on any number of things (conflicting schedules, time to prepare evidence or a defense, etc) I do find it odd if Jared hasn't had at least one court appearance yet, but again, I'm familiar with PA law and maybe things are different in TX.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He (Clif) and the fans were also lobbying NASCAR for Jared after Jensen's stint.  It's one thing for the fans to do it, but from the bodyguard it's just weird. Thus the o_O

Is this like the show, where the writers (or fans) pushed Sam to redo/overshadow all of Dean's triumphs?  It's bad enough in the show when they're brothers, but IRL?  Let 'em do their own things, not repeat the other's.  

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Is this like the show, where the writers (or fans) pushed Sam to redo/overshadow all of Dean's triumphs?  It's bad enough in the show when they're brothers, but IRL?  Let 'em do their own things, not repeat the other's.  

I've felt for a long time now as if the real life relationship between the two actors has been reflecting the on-screen relationship between the two main characters to an almost disturbing degree-and the fandom has only made matters worse, IMO. 

And that's one  of the biggest reasons that I can't really call myself a fan of the show any longer-because it's bred this kind of behavior.

And it's even infected the JA and MC social media content to a disturbing degree in the last few years also, IMO.

Hopefully, ending the show will put something of a damper on all of that nonsense.

Hopefully. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, goyour-own-way said:

Unless Texas is wildly different than Pennsylvania, if someone  is arrested, taken before a judge, put in jail and then bailed out-- charges have been filed. No need for the DA to formally file them.

Delays are very common, either the prosecution or the defense may be asking for continuances based on any number of things (conflicting schedules, time to prepare evidence or a defense, etc) I do find it odd if Jared hasn't had at least one court appearance yet, but again, I'm familiar with PA law and maybe things are different in TX.

Here in Indiana even after arrest during an incident prosecutors still must file a formal indictment or information in the coming days and weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Here in Indiana even after arrest during an incident prosecutors still must file a formal indictment or information in the coming days and weeks. 

That’s interesting! Is there a time limit for how long they have to file charges? I would assume so?

6 minutes ago, goyour-own-way said:

That’s interesting! Is there a time limit for how long they have to file charges? I would assume so?

If you are in jail it's 72 hours. But if you bonded out they can wait and file any time as they investigate and build their case. So process generally is something happens, police are called, make a quick decision on arrest/charges. Then prosecutors review the evidence to make sure formal charges are appropriate. I think every state does this you just rarely hear about the middle step because 99 percent of the time it happens quickly. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

If you are in jail it's 72 hours. But if you bonded out they can wait and file any time as they investigate and build their case. So process generally is something happens, police are called, make a quick decision on arrest/charges. Then prosecutors review the evidence to make sure formal charges are appropriate. I think every state does this you just rarely hear about the middle step because 99 percent of the time it happens quickly. 

In PA the police will type up the criminal complaint and file the charges with the district judge, who then arraigns the defendant and sets bail. The DA does not file any formal charges, although at the hearing which is scheduled within the next 2 weeks they may decide to either withdraw the charges or add to them. But once the arrest and arraignment are done, charges are filed. It's sort of bizarre to me that someone could have to post bail without any charges being filed!

I certainly hope whatever the reason for the delay, Jared's case gets resolved soon.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, goyour-own-way said:

In PA the police will type up the criminal complaint and file the charges with the district judge, who then arraigns the defendant and sets bail. The DA does not file any formal charges, although at the hearing which is scheduled within the next 2 weeks they may decide to either withdraw the charges or add to them. But once the arrest and arraignment are done, charges are filed. It's sort of bizarre to me that someone could have to post bail without any charges being filed!

I certainly hope whatever the reason for the delay, Jared's case gets resolved soon.

They just changed his appearance at one of his cons; I think to shorten his Sunday. I wonder if it’s related. 

7 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Was any one hurt?  I mean if he thinks just throwing money at the situation is the solution it may make it worse.  Some people can get upset that people with money can get away with something that those without can't.  If the ones involved are friends it might go okay but sometimes friendships sour in a way that becomes difficult to solve. 

Not sure how this will end.  But I hope he gets he has to change.

6 hours ago, bethy said:

I’ve wondered if some of Jared’s Austin-related social media recently - the pre-marathon appearance, the interest in calling whatever “local” race was mentioned recently - is some image repair around town. I’m sure that gets considered both in the potential filing of formal charges and in whatever plea deal they may be working on. 

I'm sure it couldn't hurt but it depends on the reactions of those involved and will they feel it works.  Everyone can make a bad decision, but if someone was hurt that will change the ball game.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

've felt for a long time now as if the real life relationship between the two actors has been reflecting the on-screen relationship between the two main characters to an almost disturbing degree-and the fandom has only made matters worse, IMO. 

Lately, it has kind of seem like Jensen has quietly been looking for things where he is by himself.  I haven't heard Jared sing, but Jensen has a great voice.

I'm sure they'll remain friends but it would be good for all of them to have something different that is theirs.  JMO.

• Love 11

Tweet from Jim Michaels:

Jim Michaels

@TheJimMichaels

·

Feb 27 Interesting timing or weird coincidence? #Supernatural wrapping up their production after 15 years about the same time General Motors ending their manufacture of Impalas!

@TheRealSPNBaby1 @cw_spn #SPNFamily

Chevrolet Impala's last run: Production to cease Thursday

After six decades, the final Impala will roll down the line Thursday. Its many admirers will keep the spirit of the car alive.**

detroitnews.com

And Misha commented: 

Feb 27

Ending 60 years of production in honor of #SPN’s retirement? What a sweet gesture, GM. Means a lot!

**ETA the link to the article:   https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2020/02/27/chevrolet-impalas-last-run-production-cease-thursday/4830935002/?fbclid=IwAR2u-Q_OFOnBcUMwFb27dG_GisIbfPjGrIEOso-lt3Brd8OK4exN-sqxsf4

Edited by ahrtee
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think there is a 180 day limit to going to trial once arrested. This is different from the statute of limitation because he was arrested.  I agree it's really complicated.  Is he charged with anything to do with assaulting the police officer -- MUCH worse.  Did he choke the person he hit in the bar -- worse.  If NONE of those things apply, then the delays are awfully long for a simple assault case IMO.  I don't know why it's taking this long.  But I'm pretty sure that come September, this will be resolved.  I say September because ANY rule can be waived.  There is a shit ton we don't know but the limit is there to both ensure 'speedy trial' and because recollections fades over time.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SueB said:

I think there is a 180 day limit to going to trial once arrested. This is different from the statute of limitation because he was arrested.  I agree it's really complicated.  Is he charged with anything to do with assaulting the police officer -- MUCH worse.  Did he choke the person he hit in the bar -- worse.  If NONE of those things apply, then the delays are awfully long for a simple assault case IMO.  I don't know why it's taking this long.  But I'm pretty sure that come September, this will be resolved.  I say September because ANY rule can be waived.  There is a shit ton we don't know but the limit is there to both ensure 'speedy trial' and because recollections fades over time.  

I found a website from a law firm that offers advice on dealing with criminal charges, and found this:

"Someone might be arrested very quickly, but from that point on the process can be very slow. In Texas, in a misdemeanor case (one with a maximum jail sentence of one year) the District Attorney’s office decides whether to proceed with a criminal charge. The D.A.’s office proceeds by filing what is known as a “complaint”. In a felony case (one with a possibility of more than a year of confinement), the case must go to a Grand Jury, 

If you are charged with a crime, realize that it is very likely that your case might drag on for a very long time. The only way for a criminal case to end quickly is with some sort of agreement. Sometimes that is with a very good deal for the defense, or with the defense quickly admitting fault. 

If you don’t come to an agreement with the prosecutor, and you are out of custody, it is not unusual to wait over a year to get your trial."

It sounds to me like there are two possibilities for the delay:  one, (since it's still listed as "not filed") might be that the DA is still deciding whether or not to proceed.  The other is that they might still be working out a deal with the prosecutor.  Or maybe it's just the (apparently usual) long wait.

According to that site, Public Intoxication is a Class C misdemeanor, which only warrants a fine.  Assault Causing Bodily Injury is a Class A misdemeanor and can get a larger fine and up to a year in jail.  I don't know if that would impact his ownership of the bar.  

(from https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/state-crime/criminal-charge-texas.htm )

Edited by ahrtee
A "larger" fine, because it wouldn't be a large fine to Jared.
  • Useful 6
On 2/29/2020 at 11:49 AM, ahrtee said:

I found a website from a law firm that offers advice on dealing with criminal charges, and found this:

"Someone might be arrested very quickly, but from that point on the process can be very slow. In Texas, in a misdemeanor case (one with a maximum jail sentence of one year) the District Attorney’s office decides whether to proceed with a criminal charge. The D.A.’s office proceeds by filing what is known as a “complaint”. In a felony case (one with a possibility of more than a year of confinement), the case must go to a Grand Jury, 

If you are charged with a crime, realize that it is very likely that your case might drag on for a very long time. The only way for a criminal case to end quickly is with some sort of agreement. Sometimes that is with a very good deal for the defense, or with the defense quickly admitting fault. 

If you don’t come to an agreement with the prosecutor, and you are out of custody, it is not unusual to wait over a year to get your trial."

It sounds to me like there are two possibilities for the delay:  one, (since it's still listed as "not filed") might be that the DA is still deciding whether or not to proceed.  The other is that they might still be working out a deal with the prosecutor.  Or maybe it's just the (apparently usual) long wait.

According to that site, Public Intoxication is a Class C misdemeanor, which only warrants a fine.  Assault Causing Bodily Injury is a Class A misdemeanor and can get a larger fine and up to a year in jail.  I don't know if that would impact his ownership of the bar.  

(from https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/resources/criminal-defense/state-crime/criminal-charge-texas.htm )

Yep - just like here in Indiana they have not filed formal charges yet so nothing to arraign him on. I'm sure they have been talking to witnesses etc. The intoxication will be easy to prove since there is video. According to initial police report he assaulted one person inside and the bar and another one outside the bar. Misdemeanors usually don't impact professional licenses. 

Oh yeah, and moving his con schedule around is likely because of the Boston Marathon. He hasn't announced it but it is the next day and they are doing the exact thing they did last year in Chicago to get him out early on Sunday to be ready for the race in the mornign. 

• Love 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Also, what does she know about Jensen that we don't yet re him taking over Hollywood.....HMMMMMMMM

IKR! Hopefully we'll hear about something soon. 📽️🎬📺

Edited by PAForrest
dyslexia!
  • Love 8
17 minutes ago, Icarus said:

This had me in tears and I don't think I am the only one, it is becoming more and more real that it is all about to end - sob.

Yeah it was way too early in the morning for ugly crying.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, tv echo said:

Here are my transcriptions of this Olicity panel at C2E2 on Feb. 29, 2020 (transcribed from Fandom Spotlite video)...

Fan Q: What DC Character Would They Have Liked to Have Interacted With?
SA: "We could have had Jensen Ackles come on as Batman, but only if people wanted to have an awesome time. I would have liked to, uh, the whole Bruce Wayne of it all. That would've been fun, although my favorite ever - I don't feel like I have any regrets, because I got to call Superman 'Clark.' That was not in the script. I was supposed to call him Superman. I called him Clark and the director goes, 'can we get one where you call him Superman?' And I go, no."

Brought over from the ARROW forum.....Stephen Amell commenting at  a recent con. And now I must know if this was actually discussed between Jensen and the Arrow folks  because COD SPAM IT , I wanted that forever! 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Brought over from the ARROW forum.....Stephen Amell commenting at  a recent con. And now I must know if this was actually discussed between Jensen and the Arrow folks  because COD SPAM IT , I wanted that forever! 

OMG, such a missed opportunity! Yes, I would LOVE to have seen Jensen play Batman/Bruce Wayne on Arrow, even for a quick cameo. Jensen Ackles is Batman!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I would have liked Jared to actually answer the questions!

His go to, is when he is filming with his wife, or when he met her.  But yeah it is more about them fooling around than really giving any answers.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yeah it was way too early in the morning for ugly crying.

Ditto.  This mornings tweet by Misha about a behind the scenes tour for GISH participants he said "before they begin taking the sets down", something like that.  I lost it.  Sad it's ending, relieved it's ending, sad for what it's become.

• Love 2