Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I actually think Walker will be a success (as measured by CW). Jared has a fanbase, the character of Walker kind of feeds into a passionate segment of the American public, and CW gives pretty much every show at least a few seasons. I'm not sure what you'd have to produce not to get renewed. I have a feeling it'll be around a while.

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I actually think Walker will be a success (as measured by CW). Jared has a fanbase, the character of Walker kind of feeds into a passionate segment of the American public, and CW gives pretty much every show at least a few seasons. I'm not sure what you'd have to produce not to get renewed. I have a feeling it'll be around a while.

And the female lead is Lindsay Morgan who has her own fanbase from the 100. The CW obviously cast in-house to keep viewers of exiting shows via the actors.

Overall, I think it's gonna depend on how they do the material. Obviously not like the old Walker because that is an audience too old for the CW. I'm not quite sure if/how the network wants to rebrand long-term. It is known for teen-oriented shows, used to be female teen (genre) drama, currently more for superhero shows. Shows too outside of the brand struggle the most.

Edited by Aeryn13

I read that the Pilot script has leaked and it looks like a Walker ego trip where every character only talks about him, even when he is not onscreen. When he is, he is of course awesome.  Kinda like Poochie. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

It's going to be weird any way you look at it. Although it looks like Jared is still playing the bit of a screwed up brother...which kind of sucks.

No--Jared is the older brother, which means he's always right! 😊

I have no interest whatsoever in the show (and even less now with all the spoilers/spec around).  Luckily, I'm way out of the CW's demographics, so they won't care.  

• Love 4

The only CW show I've liked besides those that carried over with the merger was Hart of Dixie.  But, yeah, like everyone else, I'm not in their demographics.  This Walker show doesn't sound interesting and the only other actor I followed around from show to show was when I was high school/college age.  Not saying that I don't like certain actors, but I'm much more apt to choose movies/TV shows based on plot and writing than actors.

53 minutes ago, Katy M said:

The only CW show I've liked besides those that carried over with the merger was Hart of Dixie.  But, yeah, like everyone else, I'm not in their demographics.  This Walker show doesn't sound interesting and the only other actor I followed around from show to show was when I was high school/college age.  Not saying that I don't like certain actors, but I'm much more apt to choose movies/TV shows based on plot and writing than actors.

I am also way out of their demographic!

I have mentioned this a while ago – I fall “in love” with an actor but actually it is the role they play that is what makes me “love” them. It took me a long time to realise this! I loved Christopher Reeve in Superman but struggled with any of his other movies, I was absolutely obsessed with Russell Crowe in Gladiator but not interested in him in any of his other roles – not to say that some have been good but he has not been the draw. Then Angel, god I was so upset when that was not renewed and was part of the campaign, including fundraising for a billboard asking for renewal and I was so obsessed with Angel because of David Boreanaz, again though although I watched Bones sometimes I mostly didn't bother. Now I have never been so involved with Characters and a programme as I have been with Supernatural, following it from Season 2, I follow on twitter, facebook, instagram – Jared and Genevieve, Jensen and Danneel and others involved and love seeing news on them and their families so this is new territory for me as I am not sure how I will feel when Supernatural ends – apart from devastated of course! I am already pretty certain I will not be watching Walker, just not my sort of programme, I am now desperate to find out what Jensen will be doing as I really really want to continue to see him on my screen – acting not singing but will I still be “obsessed”, that's something I just don't know.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I read that the Pilot script has leaked and it looks like a Walker ego trip where every character only talks about him, even when he is not onscreen. When he is, he is of course awesome.  Kinda like Poochie. 

I read the entire leaked script.  It isn't as  bad as all that but the plot was predictable.  All the characters were pretty much stereo types.  Just a safe middle of the road script.  It isn't going to be stretching any boundaries.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I read the entire leaked script.  It isn't as  bad as all that but the plot was predictable.  All the characters were pretty much stereo types.  Just a safe middle of the road script.  It isn't going to be stretching any boundaries.

Does he do martial arts?!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Does he do martial arts?!

I don't think that is a good idea if the actor themselves isn't a trained martial artist. Using only stunt people doesn't work. On Arrow you had actors who were martial artists themselves and those who were not and the difference in stunt scenes was night and day.

• Love 2

Anyone remember late night Conan and the Walker Texas Ranger Lever? 
Here’s a sample. 

Hope the acting is a bit better on Jared’s version. Good luck to him for a successful show.

I also loved Angel to death and bought the boxed set.  But could never get into Bones. I don’t think it’ll be that way with Jensen. I can’t wait to see whatever happens with his career. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Icarus said:

Then Angel, god I was so upset when that was not renewed and was part of the campaign, including fundraising for a billboard asking for renewal

2 hours ago, Icarus said:

I have mentioned this a while ago – I fall “in love” with an actor but actually it is the role they play that is what makes me “love” them.

Taken to the "Small Talk" thread, so as not to go too far off topic.

38 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Anyone remember late night Conan and the Walker Texas Ranger Lever? 

Oh, yes! Loved it. Did you see the "farewell" episode for that bit where Conan did like a dozen in a row to go out with a bang? It was so great.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Not in the script I read. 

Shocker! If Jared can't even goof around with Osric without getting his shoulder injured, he shouldn't be doing anything near martial arts. From what I've read, "Arrow" it ain't. 😉

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

Shocker! If Jared can't even goof around with Osric without getting his shoulder injured, he shouldn't be doing anything near martial arts. From what I've read, "Arrow" it ain't. 😉

From what I read he isn't doing martial arts. I don't think this is going to be a stunt driven show. From the way Anna Fricke wrote the character it looks like it is more of a family oriented show with a Law Enforcement backdrop.  This isn't going to be a Chuck Norris remake.  I'm not sure how this fits in with the CW.  It isn't another formula Superhero show.

Honestly I hope that Jensen finds something similar. I really see him in a Justified type role....a lot more hard hitting and a lot more character driven.  I really don't want to see him as a Superhero in a lame costume. 

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

From what I read he isn't doing martial arts. I don't think this is going to be a stunt driven show. From the way Anna Fricke wrote the character it looks like it is more of a family oriented show with a Law Enforcement backdrop.  This isn't going to be a Chuck Norris remake.  I'm not sure how this fits in with the CW.  It isn't another formula Superhero show.

Honestly I hope that Jensen finds something similar. I really see him in a Justified type role....a lot more hard hitting and a lot more character driven.  I really don't want to see him as a Superhero in a lame costume. 

So are they just using the Walker name for recognition? I hope they don't make the character too earnest and dour. I've seen enough of Jared's furrowed brow for a lifetime. He will do better if they keep it more in line with his natural personality,  I think.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So are they just using the Walker name for recognition? I hope they don't make the character too earnest and dour. I've seen enough of Jared's furrowed brow for a lifetime. He will do better if they keep it more in line with his natural personality,  I think.

I only watched enough of the original to know it wasn't for me.  This appears to be totally different.  As far as humor goes I didn't see a lot from any of the characters.  I agree it would be nice if Jared could find some of himself in this new character.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Justified was the perfect series.

• Love 3

Seeing Jensen in a series like Justified would be incredible. I keep thinking he’s going to announce something soon because he’s been so active on SM and various appearances. 

I also am not interested in superheros at all. So, I’m selfishly hoping he gets something else. We’ll see. I’m glad I don’t work in the entertainment industry - it seems like a crap shoot at times. 

I’m looking forward to Walker, but only because of Jared. If it entertains me I'll watch it, if not, I won’t. But I think Jared was smart to take the part. 

I wish them both future success. 

• Love 1

I just want Jensen to pick a project with a lot more cache than the one he's currently wasting his time on, because he has the talent and he deserves it after all these years. My feeling is that he's in talks with one of the streaming services based on the parties he attended at the GG. If, for instance, he landed something on Amazon, the chances that I'd watch it are much higher because I tend to try out a lot of the series on the streaming services.

I've often wanted to follow other actors I really liked from past series to new network projects, but sometimes those projects just don't interest me. But I still try.

I did read a small part of that leaked Walker script on twitter, and it was wretched - at least the part I saw. Hopefully that wasn't indicative of the entire script, and honestly I expect a lot better from Anna Fricke. It's not at all a series I'm interested in or will follow, but I wish Jared the best with it. In fact, after SPN limps off into the sunset, I'm unlikely to watch anything on the CW again.

I do think the new casting is interesting and smart of the network. I mean, this is still the CW and they are going to want/need much younger actors from other popular series to bring in their target eyeballs. And I also think there's a very high likelihood that the young conservative gay brother character is going to eclipse the titular character in popularity almost right off the bat.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

And I also think there's a very high likelihood that the young conservative gay brother character is going to eclipse the titular character in popularity almost right off the bat.

Could be. Does it matter?

3 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I just want Jensen to pick a project with a lot more cache than the one he's currently wasting his time on, because he has the talent and he deserves it after all these years. My feeling is that he's in talks with one of the streaming services based on the parties he attended at the GG. If, for instance, he landed something on Amazon, the chances that I'd watch it are much higher because I tend to try out a lot of the series on the streaming services.

I've often wanted to follow other actors I really liked from past series to new network projects, but sometimes those projects just don't interest me. But I still try.

I did read a small part of that leaked Walker script on twitter, and it was wretched - at least the part I saw. Hopefully that wasn't indicative of the entire script, and honestly I expect a lot better from Anna Fricke. It's not at all a series I'm interested in or will follow, but I wish Jared the best with it. In fact, after SPN limps off into the sunset, I'm unlikely to watch anything on the CW again.

I do think the new casting is interesting and smart of the network. I mean, this is still the CW and they are going to want/need much younger actors from other popular series to bring in their target eyeballs. And I also think there's a very high likelihood that the young conservative gay brother character is going to eclipse the titular character in popularity almost right off the bat.

If you only saw the first page of the script it isn't really indicative of what the series appears to be about. I have a feeling that two of the elements are going to be changed in that opening sequence. I cannot imagine that Jared is going to be comfortable with parts of it.

My concern if I were Jared is that every single character in the script that I read pretty much told Walker what a jerk he was. Not really a great way to set up your "hero" in the very first episode.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

If you only saw the first page of the script it isn't really indicative of what the series appears to be about. I have a feeling that two of the elements are going to be changed in that opening sequence. I cannot imagine that Jared is going to be comfortable with parts of it.

My concern if I were Jared is that every single character in the script that I read pretty much told Walker what a jerk he was. Not really a great way to set up your "hero" in the very first episode.

I am curious what you think might be changed and what he wouldn't be comfortable with. I haven't seen the script. 

4 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I am curious what you think might be changed and what he wouldn't be comfortable with. I haven't seen the script. 

On the very first page it's kind of a flashback where Walker is "singing" and riding a horse. Jared has not been comfortable with singing even though he sings really well and does he really ride at 7' tall?  IDK that just seemed like a bit of a stretch.

The leaked script will probably be tweaked so much that it won't even resemble what I read. Kripke's first draft of Supernatural had to go through a huge rewrite when David Nutter came on board.  In any case I'm really trying to keep an open mind....really trying.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm going to disagree with this. Many viewers (myself included) are highly drawn to flawed characters. Playing a man who spent two years in deep cover for his work in law enforcement, at the cost to his family, strikes me as a very interesting and desirable type of role. Losing his wife, being estranged from his children for little reason other than his dangerous job doesn't strike me as the character as being a "jerk". 

35 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

On the very first page it's kind of a flashback where Walker is "singing" and riding a horse. Jared has not been comfortable with singing even though he sings really well and does he really ride at 7' tall?  IDK that just seemed like a bit of a stretch.

The leaked script will probably be tweaked so much that it won't even resemble what I read. Kripke's first draft of Supernatural had to go through a huge rewrite when David Nutter came on board.  In any case I'm really trying to keep an open mind....really trying.

My dad was Jared's height when he was younger (he's lost 2 inches as he's aged, which is pretty normal) and he used to go riding with me all the time. Sure, he needed a taller horse (at least 16 hands), but he had no issue riding.

And as for singing... I would like to see Jared stretch himself as a performer and he's been singing in public at cons so I wouldn't mind him singing a bit on Walker.

Do agree that we shouldn't worry so much about this one script page. Rewrites are all but inevitable at this stage. 

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 4

Is there an equivalent to pilot season for amazon and Netflix? Are they part of that? Im curious because if Jensen gets something with either of them in the future and this forum is no longer active, how do I find out about it?

10 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Losing his wife, being estranged from his children for little reason other than his dangerous job doesn't strike me as the character as being a "jerk". 

I agree and I think the premise is fine.  It's the other characters that were treating him with zero patience considering what the character was going through. The way it read was that all the other characters were kind of piling it on that Walker was being irresponsible. From what I read anyway no one was showing him any sympathy.  But like I said the script will go through a ton of changes before it's premiere I'm sure.

If Jared had been riding his whole life yes I get it. But in the opening sequence he isn't just riding along he is doing a lot of other stuff too.  I do love that they had Morgan horses on the ranch. I trained and showed Morgans for many years.  However that is probably going to be changed because Morgans aren't really a large breed...

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I agree and I think the premise is fine.  It's the other characters that were treating him with zero patience considering what the character was going through. The way it read was that all the other characters were kind of piling it on that Walker was being irresponsible. From what I read anyway no one was showing him any sympathy.  But like I said the script will go through a ton of changes before it's premiere I'm sure.

If Jared had been riding his whole life yes I get it. But in the opening sequence he isn't just riding along he is doing a lot of other stuff too.  I do love that they had Morgan horses on the ranch. I trained and showed Morgans for many years.  However that is probably going to be changed because Morgans aren't really a large breed...

With Jared's height, I'm thinking Clydesdale?  JUST KIDDING.  He's actually very slim for his height but yeah, 17-18 hands at least. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

That's probably the exact right way to go about it for Jared's core fandom - make him the poor, abused hero, judged unfairly even though 'we' know he doesn't deserve it. They will eat it up with a spoon.

Didn't the original series open with Walker (Chuck Norris) singing?

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Plenty of actors learn to ride enough for scenes, even if they've never ridden before. If Jared has ever been on a horse in his life, it wouldn't take more than a few lessons for him to get comfortable enough to ride at a trot or canter for a scene.

Totally agree with Morgans not exactly being appropriate for Jared to ride (LOL!). It would look almost as comical as he looked in Friday the 13th when they put him on a bike that was far too small for him. Though I have seen grown men riding small breeds like Icelandics and Fjords. I'd get him a nice big warmblood or quarterhorse so that the proportions don't look totally off.

As for myself, give me a nice Irish Draught. Best horse I ever rode...

22 minutes ago, SueB said:

With Jared's height, I'm thinking Clydesdale?  JUST KIDDING.  He's actually very slim for his height but yeah, 17-18 hands at least. 

We had a Clydesdale mix at the barn I used to ride at when I was in school. Sweet horse, but it was impossible for me to get my legs around her barrel properly. Riding at a trot was an... let's just call it an experience.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, Hana Chan said:

Plenty of actors learn to ride enough for scenes, even if they've never ridden before. If Jared has ever been on a horse in his life, it wouldn't take more than a few lessons for him to get comfortable enough to ride at a trot or canter for a scene.

Totally agree with Morgans not exactly being appropriate for Jared to ride (LOL!). It would look almost as comical as he looked in Friday the 13th when they put him on a bike that was far too small for him. Though I have seen grown men riding small breeds like Icelandics and Fjords. I'd get him a nice big warmblood or thoroughbred so that the proportions don't look totally off.

As for myself, give me a nice Irish Draught. Best horse I ever rode...

We had a Clydesdale mix at the barn I used to ride at when I was in school. Sweet horse, but it was impossible for me to get my legs around her barrel properly. Riding at a trot was an... let's just call it an experience.

In the old westerns John Wayne often road a Saddlebred as did Jimmy Stewart because they were a taller breed with a high head carriage.  Saddlebreds are also sweet tempered and beginner rider friendly (contrary to popular belief).  In later spaghetti westerns they used Lusitanos for the same reason.

26 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Didn't the original series open with Walker (Chuck Norris) singing?

I think he sang the theme song didn't he?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SueB said:

Just for the fun of it, I looked it up, and Dan Blocker (Hoss from Bonanza) was 6'4.  So, round about the same height and a LOT heftier.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Just for the fun of it, I looked it up, and Dan Blocker (Hoss from Bonanza) was 6'4.  So, round about the same height and a LOT heftier.

And IIRC, the horse he rode was named Chub. 😊

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

I'm going to disagree with this. Many viewers (myself included) are highly drawn to flawed characters. Playing a man who spent two years in deep cover for his work in law enforcement, at the cost to his family, strikes me as a very interesting and desirable type of role. Losing his wife, being estranged from his children for little reason other than his dangerous job doesn't strike me as the character as being a "jerk". 

My dad was Jared's height when he was younger (he's lost 2 inches as he's aged, which is pretty normal) and he used to go riding with me all the time. Sure, he needed a taller horse (at least 16 hands), but he had no issue riding.

And as for singing... I would like to see Jared stretch himself as a performer and he's been singing in public at cons so I wouldn't mind him singing a bit on Walker.

Do agree that we shouldn't worry so much about this one script page. Rewrites are all but inevitable at this stage. 

When has Jared sang at cons. I have never seen that. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

When has Jared sang at cons. I have never seen that. 

The only time I remember him is when all the cast came on stage to sing Purple Rain as a tribute to Prince.

He played the guitar at Hawaii and and Australasian con

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

it would be nice if Jared could find some of himself in this new character.

My first thought was , 'what, a goofball?'  

10 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

It's the other characters that were treating him with zero patience considering what the character was going through

Again, being a goofball?  Please don't misunderstand, I like Jared, I really do and wish him nothing but success and good health, mentally and physically.  It just seems like when he's not being Sam, he's a big old puppy, that's what Jensen has called him at times.  I hope this part gives him a chance to stretch as an actor, Sam has become so one-note and predictable.  

• Love 5
22 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Couldn't agree more.  Wouldn't you love to see Jensen in a role like that?

Yes. 

I think he's guaranteed something in Marvel too at some point. They seemed hot for him when he could not sign because he was stuck in Supernatural. To offer him Hawkeye because he was the runner-up to Captain America is a pretty big deal. I dearly wish he had been Star Lord.

• Love 3