Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I would think the first two questions are: 1) does Jack have his soul or a mechanism that guides him and 2) what was Chuck's role in Jack killing Mary?

The second question ties in with the entire season - Chuck controlling their lives.  And even at the time of Mary's death, Jack hears this loud buzzing noise before he tells her to shut up.  They may not even talk about this, which would be disappointing, but if Chuck somehow had a influence there, I think that would be a mitigator for their feelings on Jack's culpability.

And then the soul question.  Is that why he's eating Grigori hearts?  Sam's not just bummed because Jack didn't come back (it would seem), he's also slightly suspicious that there's more to the story than what Jack says. If they can't fully trust Jack, that's really a bad thing.

So... I hope they hash it out some.  Jack's loyalty HAS to be to TFW.  If he's being manipulated by Death or has his own agenda, then with his power-level, he could be more harm than good.  Of course there's the whole "surrogate son" complicating factor as well.

So... I can see Cas being totally Team Jack with Sam and Dean assaulted by a complexity of emotions and questions. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

They wanted the drama of Jack killing Mary but since then just act like it never happened. 

I don`t want to be a hypocrite because one of my shows had its villain who was a former friend of the hero kill the hero`s mother right in front of him, with some mind-altering substance involved and I was mostly sad that their bromance was broken - and later really happy that they repaired it. But even then, they at least addressed the murder.

You would think Jack is the most innocent of victims and everyone else will just feel guilty towards him whereas Jack feels bubkis of guilt. There is being mollycoddled and then there is this.  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 3
51 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I don`t want to be a hypocrite because one of my shows had its villain who was a former friend of the hero kill the hero`s mother right in front of him, with some mind-altering substance involved and I was mostly sad that their bromance was broken - and later really happy that they repaired it. But even then, they at least addressed the murder.

You would think Jack is the most innocent of victims and everyone else will just feel guilty towards him whereas Jack feels bubkis of guilt. There is being mollycoddled and then there is this.  

This is what I mean. Even if it's forgivable, you don't just immediately forget it ever happened. And you are not required to be the one asking the goddamn forgiveness for being hurt, angry or sad. Even if that hurt, anger or sadness manifests in angry words or actions, you are at least as deserving of understanding and compassion. Not in Dabbernatural though.

• Love 8

I think Dean won‘t forgive soon. If it pisses off Cas - well, that’s Cas’ problem, not Dean’s. But Dean is professional enough to know that they all have the same enemy (Chuck), so they‘ll better work together to defeat him.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, NougatJack said:

I think Dean won‘t forgive soon. If it pisses off Cas - well, that’s Cas’ problem, not Dean’s. But Dean is professional enough to know that they all have the same enemy (Chuck), so they‘ll better work together to defeat him.

Dean already forgave and admitted he was wrong, and couldn't figure out why he was angry in the first place.  The show handled the whole thing so badly.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

Dean already forgave and admitted he was wrong, and couldn't figure out why he was angry in the first place.  The show handled the whole thing so badly.

When did he say he forgave? I think I missed it somehow.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, NougatJack said:

Wasn't that when he didn't kill Jack? He had every opportunity to get his revenge and stop Jack from hurting anyone else but he didn't go through with it. I'd say he forgave Jack in that moment.

• Useful 2
2 hours ago, NougatJack said:

He forgave Cas when he prayed to Cas in  Purgatory and Cas heard it. I don't think he has forgiven Jack though . Nor does he have to in order to work with him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm okay if he does or he doesn't forgive him. What I am not okay with it leaving it out there hanging and not even considering the impact on both Winchesters. Which is exactly what I think is going to happen. Just sweep it under the rug. 

It's more than that even. At least Sam appears to feel like the guilty party in regards to Jack. That is one article where I was glad for their usual not-mentioning-Dean approach. Keep him far away from that clown's car of a "story".

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this. No one remembers that Jack killed their Mom? We're just glossing over that completely? I mean those are real feelings to explore.

https://www.statesman.com/ZZ/entertainment/20200207/supernatural-stars-jared-padalecki-and-misha-collins-break-down-jacks-return

I legit cannot even believe that wasn’t mentioned...especially by Sam/Jared. 

bizarro-world indeed. 

4 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's more than that even. At least Sam appears to feel like the guilty party in regards to Jack. That is one article where I was glad for their usual not-mentioning-Dean approach. Keep him far away from that clown's car of a "story".

I wonder what Jensen really thinks of this sl. 🧐😖😣

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this. No one remembers that Jack killed their Mom? We're just glossing over that completely? I mean those are real feelings to explore.

https://www.statesman.com/ZZ/entertainment/20200207/supernatural-stars-jared-padalecki-and-misha-collins-break-down-jacks-return

Geez they make Sam insufferable every chance they get. Sam barely seemed to tolerate Jack and Jack associated Sam with the trauma of losing his mother at birth but now Sam was grieving for his lost "son". Give me a break.

10 hours ago, SueB said:

I would think the first two questions are: 1) does Jack have his soul or a mechanism that guides him and 2) what was Chuck's role in Jack killing Mary?

The second question ties in with the entire season - Chuck controlling their lives.  And even at the time of Mary's death, Jack hears this loud buzzing noise before he tells her to shut up.  They may not even talk about this, which would be disappointing, but if Chuck somehow had a influence there, I think that would be a mitigator for their feelings on Jack's culpability.

And then the soul question.  Is that why he's eating Grigori hearts?  Sam's not just bummed because Jack didn't come back (it would seem), he's also slightly suspicious that there's more to the story than what Jack says. If they can't fully trust Jack, that's really a bad thing.

So... I hope they hash it out some.  Jack's loyalty HAS to be to TFW.  If he's being manipulated by Death or has his own agenda, then with his power-level, he could be more harm than good.  Of course there's the whole "surrogate son" complicating factor as well.

So... I can see Cas being totally Team Jack with Sam and Dean assaulted by a complexity of emotions and questions. 

Chuck the puppeteer question has already been answered by the history of their own lives. They have exercised free will, or at least Dean has...lol.

As for the issues of his soul and his "quest".  If he's a soulless monster with no sense of right and wrong then he's a ticking time bomb and will need to be put down and Dean will eventually have to do it which may explain the look that Dean gave him at their reunion.

Ditto if he's playing murderous patsy yet again and it seems that he is...

That said... Billie has access to Books of Fate and she may be using Jack to effect cosmic changes to alter their Books of Fate so that they have a chance of winning. Killing Grigori would have major ripple effects to counter Chuck being untethered again. I assume that she is playing chess.

I really hope it's more interesting than super special Jack.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Myrelle said:

I wonder what Jensen really thinks of this sl. 🧐😖😣

Oh, I think we were already clued into that when Jensen walked away unhappy from that storyline meeting over the summer. Obviously the only thing he's netting from this season is certain cool requests for his sizzle reel, which they seem amenable to giving him since those things don't affect whatever is passing for a weak s/l. My feeling is that the season and show are already in Jensen's rear-view mirror.

The whole concept of Jack was, pun-intended, jacked up from the start and got more and more problematic as time went on, given the lack of talent BTS. I don't know if Dabb's taste runs to sociopathic characters like Gamble's does, but there are vehicles where that kind of a character works. They're available to watch right now if you're seriously that interested. But trying to force one to be the "hero" in a series over that series two long-standing traditional heroes, without whom there is no show for your pet psychopath to appear in at all, is not one of them.

Jack was a major misstep and he's taking down at least one other character and the show with him.

I continue to be astounded how Jackie Poo Sue fans and bloggers used to also supposedly really like cold, distant, practically sociopathic herself Mary Winchester - that is up until the second the cutsie younger sociopath killed her. Then suddenly the name "Mary" never escapes their lips again, and she is legit treated as if she never existed in the first place.

Long-winded way of saying, yes, we are now in Bizarro World Supernatural and that is sadly where the story will end.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

I continue to be astounded how Jackie Poo Sue fans and bloggers used to also supposedly really like cold, distant, practically sociopathic herself Mary Winchester - that is up until the second the cutsie younger sociopath killed her. Then suddenly the name "Mary" never escapes their lips again, and she is legit treated as if she never existed in the first place.

Long-winded way of saying, yes, we are now in Bizarro World Supernatural and that is sadly where the story will end.

I can only speak for myself, I like Jack but I hate Mary since the beginning (and John too).

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

No kidding.  I read that entire quote from JP with my mouth on the floor.  Is he serious?  That's some serious horse pucky and in my humble opinion, makes Sam look like an idiot.

Dabb, Berens and their assembly-line of Mary Sues (the monster elites in Bloodlines, Claire, Kaia and, lo, above all the rest, Jackie-poo) have destroyed the show and the other characters, especially, IMO, Cas and Sam.

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 10
On 2/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, Casseiopeia said:

EQsj0AcWoAATFan?format=jpg&name=large

I have seen very little of Jensen on SM over the last weeks and am assuming (probably incorrectly!) that he is spending time recording.  For me personally I really really hope that this is NOT what he will be doing in the future, ok if it is a hobby but I want to see him on my screen "acting" not singing.  Although I like his music it is not something I am particularly into so I am missing him.  Not to set off anything as I don't think they need to be in each others pockets all the time - I was hoping to see him cheering on Jared - which I am sure he did but not on SM I guess!  Guess this is a sign of things to come when no more Supernatural, missing Jensen!  I will almost definitely not be watching Jared in Walker, not my sort of programme at all unfortunately.

I was a bit gutted that they gave "Walker" a brother - from a drama point of view, IMHO, a sister would have been better, a married sister who welcomed his children into her home, so she's resentful, given the commitments his situation has forced her to juggle, yet she still loves him - but that's just the writer in me :o)

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

I was a bit gutted that they gave "Walker" a brother - from a drama point of view, IMHO, a sister would have been better, a married sister who welcomed his children into her home, so she's resentful, given the commitments his situation has forced her to juggle, yet she still loves him - but that's just the writer in me 🐵

Nah--they need a younger male to attract the CW demographic.  Especially if Jared is the "elder statesman" of the show, they need someone else to screw up/cause conflicts.  Plus they can encourage canon slashfic.  

• Love 1

Sorry Jared, but Walker sounds easy to make a pass on.  I guess the other actors have enough fans that they might pull them in?  Don't know since I haven't watched any of the shows they've been on. 

I may be young in heart but age wise older than Jensen...lol

• Love 1