Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

Don’t laugh at me, but I am excited for Walker and already asking myself several questions, such as, will the new partner be a feisty, sassy friend or just a potential love interest (yes please to the former, please no to the latter), will the show mix drama, sadness and humour the way vintage Supernatural did, and what age/gender kids will they give him?  Also, a big old make it happen to Jensen directing.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Also, a big old make it happen to Jensen directing.

I hope Jensen is gonna be busy with a project of his own in front of the camera, not behind it on some show I will never watch. 

In general, those two would do well to do separate projects for at least 2 to 3 years. It`s gonna be hard enough to divorce them from characters they played for 15 years.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I hope Jensen is gonna be busy with a project of his own in front of the camera, not behind it on some show I will never watch. 

In general, those two would do well to do separate projects for at least 2 to 3 years. It`s gonna be hard enough to divorce them from characters they played for 15 years.

Exactly. They're really not married, despite what the tinhatters want to believe. It's time for them to go their separate ways - it's better for their careers.

And I fully expected the CW to insist on removing JP's, hopefully past-tense now, sexual-assaulting manager in order for the series to go forward, especially seeing as this is a network that markets to young females.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, Icarus said:

http://hollywoodnorth.buzz/2019/09/next-supernaturals-jared-padalecki-to-star-in-produce-walker-texas-ranger-reboot.html?fbclid=IwAR0N68WxbfMwkPwHs6urJTwVwcqKBJNfqVgKx5dIo_PFt6H84Gge84SzqBU

According to this filming is starting on Walker in Austin in April, not sure how that effects Jared's other commitments but it must mean he misses some stuff.

They should be finished filming SPN by then, no?

9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I ♥ succinctness.

I would send the same message to the other 'head writer'.

• LOL 5
19 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Somebody associated with Kansas has got to be a hardcore Supernatural fan. The single headstone with the singular Winchester on it is a pretty specific reference to the show.

That may be, but the band having their original song featured as the opener of each finale must be making them a nice figure. Think of all the re-runs, DVDs as well as 15 seasons of finales. I did appreciate that they made a surprise appearance at Comic Con, so yes, probably fans of the show. I'm glad they did the homage as well. Hope you enjoyed. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

That may be, but the band having their original song featured as the opener of each finale must be making them a nice figure. Think of all the re-runs, DVDs as well as 15 seasons of finales. I did appreciate that they made a surprise appearance at Comic Con, so yes, probably fans of the show. I'm glad they did the homage as well. Hope you enjoyed. 

I just reposted. I never seen them in concert but I do have most of their albums.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

Theme songs were a thing of the 80s and 90s anyway. Most shows don't even have real opening credits/an intro these days.

Had to make extra time for the commercials.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, I’m kinda glad theme songs have pretty much died out, but sad at the same time that there’s no real memorable theme music any more either - think Hill Street Blues, the A Team, and all those classics from the 80s and 90s.  The only distinctive one that springs to mind these days is NCIS’s intro.

2 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Yeah, I’m kinda glad theme songs have pretty much died out, but sad at the same time that there’s no real memorable theme music any more either - think Hill Street Blues, the A Team, and all those classics from the 80s and 90s.  The only distinctive one that springs to mind these days is NCIS’s intro.

And NCIS has been on the air since 2003, so they just squeezed in under the wire in getting a theme song.  And thus their spin-offs.   And, maybe their being a spin-off from Jag, which also was older and had an opening was enough to tip the scales into giving NCIS one in the dying days. Who knows?  

I'm kind of torn. I mean, sometimes for no reason at all the theme song from Cheers will run through my head and it's kind of comforting.  On the other hand, it's nice to not to have to wait through a song before I can start watching a show.

Maybe they could do songs and have them start 4 or 5 episodes a year.  Compromise!

• Love 1

Speaking of TNT, for those who don't watch the re-runs, they rotate almost the entire cast, sitting and saying either "Welcome to Supernatural on TNT" or "Welcome back...". They even have Baby's lights flashing and honking with the words on the screen. They love the Supernatural re-runs - it's their #1 daytime show.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Speaking of TNT, for those who don't watch the re-runs, they rotate almost the entire cast, sitting and saying either "Welcome to Supernatural on TNT" or "Welcome back...". They even have Baby's lights flashing and honking with the words on the screen. They love the Supernatural re-runs - it's their #1 daytime show.

Yeah it plays I think from 10am until 2 or 3pm every day. I watch it if I work from home or when I’m home sick or when I’m just playing hooky. 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

Game of Thrones had a pretty memorable opening. But maybe cable and streaming shows can still be the exception. I miss theme music and intros.

I have some cds “Teevee Tunes presents tv theme songs.” There’s one for every decade starting with the 50s through the early 2000’s. It’s all the original Tv theme songs. It’s hard to believe how long some of them are. Some are very good and catchy and fun to sing along with. I listen to them sometime in my car, and for some reason my husband hates it. Lol. 

AimingforYoko created a topic in Pilot & In Development Shows

January 14

Walker, Texas Ranger

CW orders the Jared Padalecki reboot to series. The biggest question going in: Is Padalecki going to sing the theme song?

4 replies

If that's the biggest question, I KNOW I won't be watching it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Yeah it plays I think from 10am until 2 or 3pm every day. I watch it if I work from home or when I’m home sick or when I’m just playing hooky. 🙂

I've been watching non-stop since last week, and I have to say the old episodes sure do stand up well.

I watched John's funeral pyre today and got so teary-eyed at the thought of watching something similar for Dean. 💔

• Love 2
4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

How cute is that? "65 Impala", oh, Jensen. But you can already see how much he likes Dean. 🙂

You can also see a little bit of the nervousness that he is hiding pretty well.  The teacher in me, always enjoy seeing a person grow in their craft.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

You can also see a little bit of the nervousness that he is hiding pretty well.  The teacher in me, always enjoy seeing a person grow in their craft.

He definitely got more used to being interviewed and being "Jensen" in front of crowds instead of Dean over the years.  You can see it in the early cons as well, and how he grew from being nervous to appreciating the audience to really enjoying the interaction and playing into it.  Ditto for his singing as well.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I feel like I'm in bizarro world reading this. No one remembers that Jack killed their Mom? We're just glossing over that completely? I mean those are real feelings to explore.

https://www.statesman.com/ZZ/entertainment/20200207/supernatural-stars-jared-padalecki-and-misha-collins-break-down-jacks-return

It's ridiculous. I mean, even if it was accidental (which it wasn't), it's not something you just forget after a few weeks/months. I suppose it's just more of Dabb projecting - hoping that people will just forget he killed the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2