Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, AMA's And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

6 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

I meant for now in BC and then move on to Toronto, not stay in BC while he's filming.  Ease into it.

The family could also come up to visit (they'd be quarantining) rather than having Jensen have to quarantine for two weeks every time he goes home.  (No more running home for weekends!)  It makes sense to have a home base in Canada for time off, especially since so many shows are filming in Canada.  

• Like 2

You know it's stupid this didn't occur to me, given I'm waiting to be Nor'eastered in and whether I'm going to be driving home in the start of it,  just getting off the whole Canada/Colorado thing.  It IS snowing in the Northeast today, he may well be somewhere else entirely.  This includes part of North Carolina and Virginia too.

• Useful 1

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

The family could also come up to visit (they'd be quarantining) rather than having Jensen have to quarantine for two weeks every time he goes home.  (No more running home for weekends!)  It makes sense to have a home base in Canada for time off, especially since so many shows are filming in Canada.  

If the fam traveled up to visit, they would have to quarantine each time and Jensen couldn't be with them, so it wouldn't make much sense. I fully expect that they will come with him (or already be here) for the duration of filming - can't imagine him going months with only facetime. Of course we're also assuming he is going to need to be here for every episode (pretty please). 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

If the fam traveled up to visit, they would have to quarantine each time and Jensen couldn't be with them, so it wouldn't make much sense. I fully expect that they will come with him (or already be here) for the duration of filming - can't imagine him going months with only facetime. Of course we're also assuming he is going to need to be here for every episode (pretty please). 

I wasn't thinking of short visits, but more like several-months' worth.  I don't know if they'll stay for the duration--Danneel seems pretty close to her friends and family in Texas, and six months away (with just the kids) seems like it might be a lot for them.  But since I assume JJ is distance-learning instead of actually going to classes, it won't interrupt her education to be away for a few months at a time.  

But since The Boys actually is a *real* ensemble cast, I don't think the demands on Jensen will be anywhere near what he had on SPN, so he should have a lot more time off.  

Anyway, I'm just glad they're working out options, whatever they do.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Danneel seems pretty close to her friends and family in Texas, and six months away (with just the kids) seems like it might be a lot for them.

OTOH, assuming they're isolating, it doesn't matter where they do it.

• Like 3

The filming is going to need some some super logistics if they want family time. He can’t travel back and forth to Austin because of quarantine rules, but I can’t see the family relocating to Ontario for an extended period. 
I have yet to watch The Boys... any Toronto landmarks? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

OTOH, assuming they're isolating, it doesn't matter where they do it.

AFAIK, you only isolate if you've got symptoms (unless you're very, very nervous).  You quarantine for a specific time if you suspect you've been exposed (or to make sure you're not sick) until symptoms show up.  Otherwise, except in places with total lockdown, social distancing and masks are good enough.  (And even lockdown allows grocery shopping and walks).  I walk outdoors with friends, and have some over to visit (staying outside on my porch, six feet apart, and all wearing masks.)  It's hard to move to a new city with kids, even for a limited time, and know no one, with a husband who can only visit on weekends.

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

AFAIK, you only isolate if you've got symptoms (unless you're very, very nervous).  You quarantine for a specific time if you suspect you've been exposed (or to make sure you're not sick) until symptoms show up.  O

No. If you travel you Canada you must quarantine for 14 days. Some provinces let you take a covid -test after 7 days but the country does have a mandatory quarantine order.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, xfuse said:

No. If you travel you Canada you must quarantine for 14 days. Some provinces let you take a covid -test after 7 days but the country does have a mandatory quarantine order.

Sorry I wasn't clear.  You're right about quarantining in Canada.  I was trying to distinguish between "quarantine" and "isolating".  Though you do have to isolate while in quarantine.  😊  

• Like 1

They're probably somewhere in Colorado or Wyoming or something, with extended family. They won't go off to quarantine so close to Christmas, IMO.

Also, it would be weird to set up in BC, if your job is in Toronto? Kind of like setting up in Lake Tahoe, because your job is in Philadelphia?

• Useful 1

11 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

He’s awful out of breath after shovelling a bit of fluffy light snow. LOL 

If he moved to Colorado, he's at least at a mile elevation. That alone takes some getting used to and if he's at  higher elevation even more so.

If he's in Colorado now... And I don't live there anymore,.... Son of a ....

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

14 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

He’s awful out of breath after shovelling a bit of fluffy light snow. LOL 

A shovelful of fluffy snow can be bloody heavy. Also the shovel is pretty unwieldy for lifting and throwing snow rather than just shovelling. Just saying. Course he may also just be out of shape. And he's not actually a superhero 🙈

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ahrtee said:

AFAIK, you only isolate if you've got symptoms (unless you're very, very nervous).  You quarantine for a specific time if you suspect you've been exposed (or to make sure you're not sick) until symptoms show up.  Otherwise, except in places with total lockdown, social distancing and masks are good enough.  (And even lockdown allows grocery shopping and walks).  I walk outdoors with friends, and have some over to visit (staying outside on my porch, six feet apart, and all wearing masks.)  It's hard to move to a new city with kids, even for a limited time, and know no one, with a husband who can only visit on weekends.

If Danneel and the kids go with him to Toronto and they all do their initial quarantine together why would he only be able to visit on weekends?  He'd be able to go home to them every or at least most nights I would assume.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

If Danneel and the kids go with him to Toronto and they all do their initial quarantine together why would he only be able to visit on weekends?  He'd be able to go home to them every or at least most nights I would assume.

I'm making assumptions based on nothing.   Since he was talking about mountain life and showing snow to shovel in the middle of nowhere (seemingly) I was assuming that they were buying or renting a second home,  which would be logical to be in Canada for future projects beyond The Boys, so it might as well be someplace to go for recreation.   Certainly if they all move to Toronto he can come home whenever he wants.  TBH, it didn't occur to me that he'd move the family to Toronto for the duration.   My bad. 🤔

• Useful 1

They certainly move about a lot. The Open House vid we saw... they’re no longer there (I don’t think judging by later vids) despite doing renovations and making it their own.  I think they’ve rented this snowy place for the holidays, isn’t Texas unbearably hot and humid right now?

With the pandemic still raging and borders closed, I’m thinking he’ll likely bring the family up to Ontario. I’m not sure when filming starts, but vaccinations are underway here and I just saw something on the news regarding an at home test for COVID-19 that gives results in a matter of hours. Ontario’s not so bad and there are some beautiful spots with luxurious movie star style homes for them to rent. But I’m sure he’d rather be in Texas. That’s the downside of being a TV star.

It’s great for Canadian 🇨🇦 economy tho, I don’t know why more TV stars don’t just buy a second home here. All those years Jensen rented while Vancouver real estate was selling like hot cakes.

But maybe they work a deal around accommodation in the contract??

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

35 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

They certainly move about a lot. The Open House vid we saw... they’re no longer there (I don’t think judging by later vids) despite doing renovations and making it their own.  I think they’ve rented this snowy place for the holidays, isn’t Texas unbearably hot and humid right now?

With the pandemic still raging and borders closed, I’m thinking he’ll likely bring the family up to Ontario. I’m not sure when filming starts, but vaccinations are underway here and I just saw something on the news regarding an at home test for COVID-19 that gives results in a matter of hours. Ontario’s not so bad and there are some beautiful spots with luxurious movie star style homes for them to rent. But I’m sure he’d rather be in Texas. That’s the downside of being a TV star.

It’s great for Canadian 🇨🇦 economy tho, I don’t know why more TV stars don’t just buy a second home here. All those years Jensen rented while Vancouver real estate was selling like hot cakes.

But maybe they work a deal around accommodation in the contract??

From what I remember hearing Jensen's and Jared's apartments were paid for by the production.  Don't know if that's the norm though or something negotiated in individual contracts.

• Useful 1

The word "moving" I think means way more than just for the holidays. It would make sense if they moved somewhere in Canada that is still drivable to/from Toronto for him so he can still be with his family. If not with the quarantine issue he would go six months without seeing them likely. 

• Useful 1

4 hours ago, SueB said:

My Baker in Washington St has a lot of fresh powder... I think it’s a ski resort personally. 

They can be anywhere.  But I doubt that he would risk exposing the family (and himself, just before shooting starts) to strangers and germs in a resort.  It's more likely to me that they're isolating somewhere in the mountains away from people.  

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Granted I know precious little about Ontario - been there twice, and not for long - but I was wondering how “mountain-y” the Blue Mountains (?) were, as they’re two hours north of Toronto?

7 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Granted I know precious little about Ontario - been there twice, and not for long - but I was wondering how “mountain-y” the Blue Mountains (?) were, as they’re two hours north of Toronto?

Blue Mountain isn't really a mountain, per se - it's a resort/resort town with some impressive ski hills. This is some pretty cool drone footage of the area. I believe it's officially part of the Niagara Escarpment.

• Useful 2

So the first convention for 2021 (Vegas) has been postponed to 2022. I don't imagine this will be the last one postponed or re-postponed. Jensen, Jared and Misha are all still signed on, but there's no way I'd count on that so far down the road. Who knows where any of them will be in their career by then. I'm sorry for anyone who had tickets. 😞

• Useful 1
  • Sad 5

7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

So the first convention for 2021 (Vegas) has been postponed to 2022. I don't imagine this will be the last one postponed or re-postponed. Jensen, Jared and Misha are all still signed on, but there's no way I'd count on that so far down the road. Who knows where any of them will be in their career by then. I'm sorry for anyone who had tickets. 😞

I was just watching a convention from 2017.  Everyone was having so much fun. I can't see that happening again for a very long time.

• Sad 6

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Sad news from Christian Kane

This is terribly sad. And the fact that he said that his father hadn't even left the house in 12 months but still contracted and passed away from the virus is terrifying.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

On 12/27/2020 at 5:04 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Sad news from Christian Kane

Oh, no. There can be a surreal pain losing a parent,, especially around the Holidays (Unfortunately, speaking from experience.). So sorry for his loss and bless his family, R.I.P. Been a fan of Christian's since Angel, even remember the little rom-com movie he did with the singer Monica, (it was cute!) AND I bought his band country CD. Memories are coming back...

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What does Super Awards mean?

They're awards specifically for genre shows and movies I think.

• Useful 3

5 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

They're awards specifically for genre shows and movies I think.

CW is really going all out for Walker, getting him gigs like this.

• Useful 3
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

CW is really going all out for Walker, getting him gigs like this.

Isn't it the only new show on the CW for 2021?

Jensen sure has been quiet. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Danneel too. I wonder if he's staying off the grid to prep for the new role. He mentioned growing out his beard, maybe his hair too? He's had it covered the last couple times we've seen him.

Dunno about new shows on CW, but with Jared's lucky star, I'm sure you're right,  lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2

7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I think Superman & Lois would actually be their more high profile new show. Probably a lot of people will at least check out the Pilot who normally don't watch CW. But it's starting later, end of February whereas Walker is earlier.

They also have a couple new ones for mid-Season like the Kung Fu remake.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Useful 2

14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

14 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Danneel too. I wonder if he's staying off the grid to prep for the new role. He mentioned growing out his beard, maybe his hair too? He's had it coverec the last couple times we've seen him.

I am really missing any SM from these two - Danneel used to post pics of halloween, Christmas, Thanksgiving etc - not always but we usually got something with her and the kids and sometimes Jensen and as for Jensen the last we saw was the snow clearing video - I find it very surprising actually that they are so quiet - Jensen maybe but Danneel and the kids as well?  I miss them!!

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Nothing for the twins birthday, Christmas, New year's. So sad. 

Well, those are supposed to be happy occasions and celebrations in peoples' lives.

Just guessing here, but to ensure that they stayed happy for the Ackles family, avoiding the social media platforms entirely might seem to have been the best course of action for them to take right now, especially after all the hate that episodes 15.18 and 15.20 generated on those platforms.

Again,  just a guess, but that's probably what I would have done, if I were in their shoes. 

IA that it's very Sad, though. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

Well, those are supposed to be happy occasions and celebrations in peoples' lives.

Just guessing here, but to ensure that they stayed happy for the Ackles family, avoiding the social media platforms entirely might seem to have been the best course of action for them to take right now, especially after all the hate that episodes 15.18 and 15.20 generated on those platforms.

Again,  just a guess, but that's probably what I would have done, if I were in their shoes. 

IA that it's very Sad, though. 

Jim Michaels was bullied into removing his pic of Jensen and Jared from his twitter acct. Staying off SM is probably for the best although "they" have vowed to go after The Boys and Walker to teach Jim "a lesson". I'm guessing there just won't be any way to avoid the "fandom" forever.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Jim Michaels was bullied into removing his pic of Jensen and Jared from his twitter acct. Staying off SM is probably for the best although "they" have vowed to go after The Boys and Walker to teach Jim "a lesson". I'm guessing there just won't be any way to avoid the "fandom" forever.

I'm not understanding how 'going after' the actors' new shows 'teaches' Jim Michaels anything? But then I don't understand 90% of the rabid fandom nonsense. Honestly, these people put the fan in fanatic. I know it's too much to hope that they stay far away from The Boys. On the other hand it will be kind of amusing to see them try - The Boys fans are going to eat them alive.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't follow Jim. What picture of Jensen and Jared did these so-called "fans" object to, if I may ask? These people sound absolutely rabid.

2 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I don't follow Jim. What picture of Jensen and Jared did these so-called "fans" object to, if I may ask? These people sound absolutely rabid.

The bts pic of the guys on the bridge. I'm guessing because Misha wasn't in the picture.

• Useful 1

6 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

There was a picture of Jared and Jensen on the bridge and Jim captioned it 'No words necessary' or something like that.  The two sides started fighting and Jim blocked some more rabid destiel fan and liked a few wincest ones that that caused more fighting and he just deleted it. 

He didn't help the situation because desties accused him of taking sides 

Its too bad because it was a nice photo.  Its why I'm glad cons aren't happening right now. 

• Useful 1
  • Sad 4

10 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

It was a benign enough tweet - the pic Casseopeia mentioned - with the caption 'no words needed' (or something close to that). A little tone deaf if (if you weren't a fan of the finale), but not riot-worthy. I responded, "I can think of a few: Hello 9-1-1?  I need an ambulance. " 

Nothing to start fan wars over though.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the social media / public appearance items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.