Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Kinda love that even after 15 years (or longer) Jensen is still a  bit of an enigma wrapped in a riddle.  He sometimes does stuff like the Bacchus thing or now this, I didn`t know he has any interest or any connections in that circle. I mean, how do you get chosen for that? 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Kinda love that even after 15 years (or longer) Jensen is still a  bit of an enigma wrapped in a riddle.  He sometimes does stuff like the Bacchus thing or now this, I didn`t know he has any interest or any connections in that circle. I mean, how do you get chosen for that? 

I wonder if it is somehow just because it's in Kansas - maybe they were looking for an entertainment figure even tangentially related to Kansas? No clue, but it's cool just the same.

• Love 4

After Torcon I agree about Aeryn’s assessment of Jensen - incredible presence, charisma, whatever you want to call it, but also a certain element, for me at least, of keeping part of himself back, for want of a better expression.  Not in any way a bad thing (I have a tendency to do that myself), but fascinating nonetheless.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ukgirl71 said:

After Torcon I agree about Aeryn’s assessment of Jensen - incredible presence, charisma, whatever you want to call it, but also a certain element, for me at least, of keeping part of himself back, for want of a better expression.  Not in any way a bad thing (I have a tendency to do that myself), but fascinating nonetheless.

Yes, he is a more private person. But if he is really excited or bummed about something (I`ve seen both at various Cons from him), it usually slips through. Like the marionette fights, he always gets those digs in.  How did he strike you at Tor-Con mood-wise? 

edit: Emily Swallows is amazing, see her Instagram:

AMARA: Brother, I’m so happy that my totally platonic friend Dean reminded me how much I love you and convinced me not to let the sun die. It’s also pretty cool that the bomb in his chest didn’t have to explode, cause he’s too pretty to blow up.
CHUCK: Sis, I’m so super happy too. Let’s go sing karaoke and talk about our feelings.
AMARA: I can’t wait! Can we also get one of those giant pianos you can play by dancing around on it? Tom Hanks made it look so fun in BIG.
CHUCK: Only if I can have pancakes for dinner every night.
AMARA: Dealio…listen, I hate to even imagine this, but…nah, nevermind.
CHUCK: What??? What is it, sister of mine?
AMARA: I just want to make sure- you’re not planning on punking everyone when you get bored in a couple of years and unlocking Hell or anything like that, are you?
CHUCK: *guffaws loudly* Sis! How could you even THINK that I’d be capable of that? Just because I locked you away for millennia and refused to meet with you when you got out?
AMARA: Well, yeah, that was the thinking.
CHUCK: Ok, fair point. But that’s just silly! I want everyone to be happy forever!
AMARA: *sighs with relief* YAY!
CHUCK: YAY! *Chuck slowly uncrosses his fingers, which have been crossed THIS WHOLE TIME*
***THE END*** 

My totally platonic friend Dean...  lol

Edited by Aeryn13
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5

He and Jared were both in an upbeat mood...there was one moment when a bit of a strange woman (long story!) appeared to say he was a liar - at least it sounded like that from my position in row H during the gold panel - but apart from that, and the usual “seriously?!” questions, they were grace personified.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

Yes, he is a more private person. But if he is really excited or bummed about something (I`ve seen both at various Cons from him), it usually slips through. Like the marionette fights, he always gets those digs in.  How did he strike you at Tor-Con mood-wise? 

edit: Emily Swallows is amazing, see her Instagram:

My totally platonic friend Dean...  lol

I asked her if she could be a writer, and/or a showrunner on SPN. She 'liked' my question. :)

• Love 6

Yes, please let Emily Swallow write the rest of the season! At least SHE'D treat Dean like he deserves. And she also perfectly expressed my confusion/fury over Chuck randomly ruining the creation that he'd defended and betrayed her for. 

he’s too pretty to blow up

One of us! One of us!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, BabySpinach said:

Yes, please let Emily Swallow write the rest of the season! At least SHE'D treat Dean like he deserves. And she also perfectly expressed my confusion/fury over Chuck randomly ruining the creation that he'd defended and betrayed her for. 

One of us! One of us!

Yep. She totally recognizes Dean as a Virile Manifestation of the Divine!  😉

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

He and Jared were both in an upbeat mood...there was one moment when a bit of a strange woman (long story!) appeared to say he was a liar - at least it sounded like that from my position in row H during the gold panel - but apart from that, and the usual “seriously?!” questions, they were grace personified.

What was she calling him a liar about?

1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

What was she calling him a liar about?

At the beginning of the Gold panel a woman told Jared not to screw up Walker. That set him back a little. Then she said that the CW tends to screw up reboots. Jensen wasn't all that patient with her. Besides saying something rude to Jared she dissed the network that has supported and employed them for the last 20 or so years. They are also really good friends with Mark Pedowiz. Kind of an ignorant comment.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

At the beginning of the Gold panel a woman told Jared not to screw up Walker. That set him back a little. Then she said that the CW tends to screw up reboots. Jensen wasn't all that patient with her. Besides saying something rude to Jared she dissed the network that has supported and employed them for the last 20 or so years. They are also really good friends with Mark Pedowiz. Kind of an ignorant comment.

Oh wow, that was rude, hell I have no desire to have anything to do with the Walker reboot but damn, let people live.  I'd never say it to the face of someone whose working on it.  That's just mean.  I'm not sure where the liar bit comes in though, do you mean she said something because he said he was going to retire, or take off for a while but jumped right into a new series? 

4 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh wow, that was rude, hell I have no desire to have anything to do with the Walker reboot but damn, let people live.  I'd never say it to the face of someone whose working on it.  That's just mean.  I'm not sure where the liar bit comes in though, do you mean she said something because he said he was going to retire, or take off for a while but jumped right into a new series? 

I didn't like the original Walker, so can't imagine I would watch a reboot, but gee whiz lady, if they screw it up, just don't watch it.  I loved MacGyver.  I watched the first epi of the reboot and hated it.  I didn't watch any more and I can't say that its mere existence (I don't know if it's still on or not) has affected my life in the least.  

And, yeah, not that I have 100% perfected the technique, but my mom really drummed into me that "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." 

• Love 3

That’s the same woman who I thought had called him a liar - don’t recall the context, but from what I saw and heard of her during the weekend, let’s just say I strongly suspect there were issues there.

• Love 2

I’ll never understand why someone would pay money to go to a con and ask a question at a panel and then say something that denigrates one of the actors.  What do they think the response is going to be?  It’s sad this has happened more than once in this fandom.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

I was feeling nostalgic and watching old con vids and was wondering if anyone knew when Jensen first sang and/or played an instrument at a con.  I also was curious when Rob and Louden Swain’s first con was.

I don't know if the was the first time...

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

It's up to #5 last I checked.

I'm really thrilled for them with this. I admit, I was kind of surprised they went with this one as a first single. I thought sure they'd go with a more upbeat, rocker over this slow, almost ballad-y one (which suits this ballad queen just fine). It's interesting, too, that neither Jensen's or Steve's name is associated with this album. If you search either one of them on iTunes, this doesn't even come up. I kinda get why Jensen would do this, but I also kinda wish he'd promote himself, too. I sincerely doubt they expect radio play or 'serious' attention from the industry for this project, but damn wouldn't it be awesome if it happened anyway?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don't know if the was the first time...

Yep, I remember that session in 2011; a friend and I had won seats in the auction. He was so nervous; it was adorable. 😀😍

I especially loved their version of “Hallelujah.”

(I also remember Jensen saying that when it was first suggested that he and Jason Mann do this, he said he couldn’t figure out why anybody would pay any money to attend it – – oh, Jensen, that’s so cute! 😍😉—and when he saw the auction  bids rising, he rushed for the phone and called JM and basically said, “We’re in trouble!” 😄)

Edited by Lemuria
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

I was feeling nostalgic and watching old con vids and was wondering if anyone knew when Jensen first sang and/or played an instrument at a con.  I also was curious when Rob and Louden Swain’s first con was.

This was the first one I remember seeing (on YouTube): Jus in Bello, 2010, with Jensen singing The Weight: 

He kept apologizing (in advance), saying "this was *so* not supposed to happen" and forgot the third verse. 😊

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNMX7HovRD8

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, BlueSapphire said:

I don't know about playing an instrument but he first sang at his first Supernatural convention in England in 2007(same one with the fangirl who tackled him before he even had his first Q & A), with Jason Manns.  Crazy Love - he looked nervous, seemed to be afraid to get too close to mic and seemed to be practically whispering his harmonizing.  It's been so amazing to watch his journey.  It's been 12 years but now he's got an album out and can go full on rock star on stage 🙂

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Is there anyway to buy this NOT on iTunes?  I don't buy anything from Apple.  

You can buy the album from the Radio Company website. Not sure about the single. It will be more widely available after the actual drop date.

There are tweets making the rounds saying that Jensen got another tattoo, this one for the twins. Someone who says Danneel showed it to her from a pic on her phone (maybe at FBCC?) and it is an arrow with a zeppelin knot in the middle, and it's below the Jaybird tattoo, wrapping around, but not all the way around, his bicep.

• Love 6

So, I just watched Jensen yell, "Drivers, start your engines!!!!!!!"  And by yell, I mean use his best, deepest, loudest Dean Winchester voice. The announcer even commented "Now , that's how you start a playoff race!", which was exactly what I thought. Hee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13