Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

On 7/17/2019 at 5:51 PM, Aeryn13 said:

As I do enjoy genre shows the most, I wouldn't object to him doing more of those. 

Same. I love superhero, fantasy, sci fi so he can do whatever combination of them he wants. :)  But as long he's working and I can see him, and the project is good with good people, because obviously I want it to be something that is positive for him in terms of recognition for his talent.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

And I'm kind of over them....

17 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I prefer scruff to the Mountain Man look.  

Me too, to both. With the shortened season, this hiatus has been so long. I actually enjoy a beard, but I miss the clean (or scruffy) faces.

• Love 1
(edited)

Rich and Rob at the mic now.

Intros:

Berens - upgraded to exec producer

Bucklemming - exec producers

Dabb - first job (and if there is any justice, last job) in television. (my commentary)

Singer - 'a lion' of television. If you love SPN, thank him

Alex - welcome addition and sole representative of Canada

Misha - took a guest role and turned it into something, lauded his charitable work

Jensen & Jared - epic brother duos, none more epic than them. no show without them, professional and kind, loyal and gracious, class acts (I like that they intro'd them together)

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 3
(edited)

Questions:

J2 - where are your heads at?

(sounds like they were pretend-sobbing)

Jared: Jensen wants to answer first.

Jensen:  (is nervous and doesn't know why)

R2: it's epic, what is your takeaway?

No real answer, lol

Jared: passes it to Jensen again

Jensen: hard to express, 15 years is a long time, (Jared) was in his early twenties, went to Vancouver thinking they would put their lives on hold for maybe a season or two. Never stopped and they're glad it didn't. Lifelong friends, experiences of a lifetime.

Jared: thank you all so much.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4

R2: Misha?

Misha: When I got on the show.. I recently found cards with goals I wrote back then. Great show, good story, lifelong friends - all came to pass. Couldn't have dreamed along with that would come the incredible fandom and all this.

Just finished writing a cookbook with Vicki

Hoping to develop six pack abs, lol. #goals

Jared: Don't go there - why do you want to lose two of your abs, lol

Rich: What about you Alex? Some guy killed your character at the end of last season

Alex: Had a not so great end to the season, but Jack's journey and mine has been incredible. Love/appreciation

• Love 2

R2: Bob (Singer) - how do you explain SPN phenomenon

Singer: Worry most that next year you two will be looking for a gig. Heh.

First of all, J2 = lightning in a bottle. They give their best always, even if the story isn't always stellar (inevitable over 14 seasons). Praised Kripke's role, Sera and now Andrew. Didn't imagine 15 years, but it has gone by quickly, enjoyed every minute.

• Love 3

R2: Dabb, you left them surrounded by monsters - where do you go from there

Jared (to be fair, 'we' didn't, you (Rob) did.

Dabb - sorry, I missed his stupid non-answer

R2: Bucklemming, how does season finale affect things going forward

Bucklemming: game changer, Chuck portrayed as free-will, hands off. Now it's revealed he's been lying/manipulating all the time.

(Blech. All my worst fears spelled out)

R2: Dabb, you've been handing the task of ending the show. How does it feel?

Dabb: No pressure (sarcastically). Repeated my thought - first job in television, possibly last. Scare prospect, thinks 30% will be satisfied. You thought Game of Thrones was angry.

• Useful 1

Audience question: Something about Hillywood parody? How did you get involved?

Misha: Blackmail.

Audience question: Anything you haven't done on show you want to happen?

Jared: Fun to go to a beach in Maui, or do laundry in their underwear. Look to Rob Benedict (God) since he's been controlling it all. Serious answer: nothing he hasn't done, happy

Jensen: Take Impala to the track, win some spending money for the boys. Cabo, get trapped in a foam party.

• Love 4

Audience question: J2, what are you most proud of (legacy).

Jared: Unique feeling being up there, lucky but weird, cool. They are not going to be there next year, so relationships - couple of his best friends, and Richard Speight. Kids, gray hairs. Legacy (he and Jensen) is friendships and Sam Winchester will be part of him forever.

Jensen: Proud of the work the team has done, for this long. 42 minutes is 8 days of intensive work, after the writing and pre-production. A lot of talented people and he's proud of the product, still truly loves what they do. And that he and they put in the effort, thankful they appreciate it.

Audience question: Misha, will you take anything from set?

Already has a truck, with a cage, will take J2.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Video tribute to the Impala, narrated by Jim?

Going to give away Baby to someone in the room (an exact replica of the hero car, including carved initials).

Jensen: the amount of stunned faces in the audience is incredible.

Jared: there are 6000 people in the room and you're about to piss off 5999.

Jensen: I'm already pissed off. (LOL - joking of course, he said he wanted it - but we all know he's getting the real deal)

Wow.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2

Final thoughts:

Singer: I'm a latecomer to ComicCon, sorry he missed so many years. Remarkable experience, but friendships and memories will live forever. Thank you. 15 years of dream come true.

Dabb: Privilege to be involved.

Misha: Promised each other we wouldn't cry. We were lying. Love you guys, thank you.

Jensen: Thanks for showing up. (Clearly emotional.) We love you very much. Thank you.

Jared: Luckiest man on the planet. Thank you and I'll miss you.

R2: Final goodbye from Hall H.

• Love 4
Just now, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm sure I got some things wrong - did the best I could! I really hope they release the videos for this time, the last time, though I doubt they will. At least we'll probably get the panel.

Thank you!

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'm sure I got some things wrong - did the best I could! I really hope they release the videos for this time, the last time, though I doubt they will. At least we'll probably get the panel.

thank you

• Love 2
(edited)
3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Thank you!

1 minute ago, ILoveReading said:

thank you

1 minute ago, DeeDee79 said:

Thanks @gonzosgirrl for posting all of this 😊

You're welcome. Unfortunately I was able to post it all in here as there were no spoilers or much show talk at all beyond one question for Alex/Jack.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Rich and Rob at the mic now.

Intros:

1. Berens - upgraded to exec producer

2. Bucklemming - exec producers

3. Dabb - first job (and if there is any justice, last job) in television. (my commentary)

4. Singer - 'a lion' of television. If you love SPN, thank him

5. Jensen & Jared - epic brother duos, none more epic than them. no show without them, professional and kind, loyal and gracious, class acts (I like that they intro'd them together)

1-4 Response: Ugh! and barf emoji

5. Agree to disagree. They are individuals and have enough clumped together already in my opinion. I'd rather they both have their own individuality. Yet another reason I'll be glad when the show is over. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Res said:

5. Agree to disagree. They are individuals and have enough clumped together already in my opinion. I'd rather they both have their own individuality. Yet another reason I'll be glad when the show is over. 

Time and place though. This is their final appearance as the Winchester brothers, so I think it was fitting. They'll have the rest of their careers to be individuals. More than that though, it nipped the inevitable comparisons of who got more love/applause/introduced first/last/etc in the bud.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thank you

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Time and place though. This is their final appearance as the Winchester brothers, so I think it was fitting. They'll have the rest of their careers to be individuals. More than that though, it nipped the inevitable comparisons of who got more love/applause/introduced first/last/etc in the bud.

I can see that, plus it probably helped both of them with a very emotional moment. I just get irritated that so many fans always MUST have them together, in show and out. But I know that's not what you are saying. Just a pet peeve that's gotten worse over time. No offense meant.

Like I said, it was probably better for them that way today. 

• Love 5

Thanks so much for filling us in!

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

What a great pic of them all.

spncrew.png

They trimmed their beards, they don't look like mountain men. 🙂

• Love 2

So apparently Matt Cohen will also direct an episode this year. So 3 episodes directed by Richard, 1 by Matt. Now I understand why they let Jensen direct this year. It seems nobody else wanted to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Written like fan fiction but leaning towards plausible speculation based on

- Jared’s comment that J2 spent 2-3 hrs talking about being at Comic Con and the End last night

- Jared skipping the WB party and having his birthday party with his family instead

- Jensen not arriving until later in the day on Sat

Could they have had a small gathering with friends, gone out to dinner, etc?  Yes.  But there’s no photos.  So —   Perhaps they had a more chill evening (with Jared’s family)

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1

What does head canon!J2 mean? Is this fan fiction or something that actually happened?

Turns out it’s in the direction of fact.   See first two min (only!).  Spoilers after that

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, starfishka said:

So apparently Matt Cohen will also direct an episode this year. So 3 episodes directed by Richard, 1 by Matt. Now I understand why they let Jensen direct this year. It seems nobody else wanted to.

A lot of the pros have jumped ship and already found other gigs, so they are very much left with giving their own actors the directing berths. I guess in one respect it's nice to keep it in the family, give these guys one more opportunity to get the experience and put it on their resumes. So I think it's a combo of both losing a lot of staff and doing favors for their own.

Thanks for posting the play-by-play, gonzosgirrl. Good job. Someone sent me an audio link and I was actually able to listen to the panel. Not a lot to it, mostly filler and emotion. It felt very muted for a final CC appearance, IMO. The car giveaway was awesome! Lucky lady.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, SueB said:

Turns out it’s in the direction of fact.   See first two min (only!).  Spoilers after that

Lordy. Even 'pros' can't restrain themselves to not pour their personal struggles on him. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Lordy. Even 'pros' can't restrain themselves to not pour their personal struggles on him. 

Very inappropriate time to bring that up in a five minute interview.  Plus, I read on twitter she already told him this at a con and got the exact same answer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2