Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, AMA's And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

This thread has this clip with different songs.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Like 4

Thanks for the vids guys!! I have to say, I know that Jensen is a master of facial expressions and body language, but I loved Danneel's version of this vid more than the original. Looks like our writers should have given her more to work with in her role as Jo. Loved the vid!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I wonder if they might be doing some kind of variety show on the CW next year? Like a Sonny & Cher thing?  They are pretty funny together

While I agree they are good together, I really hope they don't go this direction. I'd much rather see them do something with a real story. Reality/variety shows are not something I can get too involved in as there's nothing to get involved in, IMHO.

• Like 6

I have to admit I didn’t think Danneel had it in her... judging by what I’ve seen of her work. But she commits totally (Jensen always does of course). Kudos to her. I’m impressed. 

We’ve all got the song stuck in our heads now, haven’t we. 🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I have to admit I didn’t think Danneel had it in her... judging by what I’ve seen of her work. But she commits totally (Jensen always does of course). Kudos to her. I’m impressed. 

We’ve all got the song stuck in our heads now, haven’t we. 🤣

Nothing against Danneel, but I've never been a real fan of her acting--it always seems rather stagey, very self-conscious (and too much makeup).  But I really like her in the BTS and home videos, where (I assume) we get to see the "real" Danneel.  She looks younger and like she's actually having fun, and that's what I really, really enjoy--watching people enjoy themselves thoroughly without being aware of the camera and their angles at all times.  You can always see when Dean turns into Jensen --it's like he drops 20 years and the weight of the world in front of your eyes, and it's especially noticeable when he's with his family--how much joy he gets from them (and vice-versa!)  I'm very grateful to both of them for posting the photos and home videos so we can get these glimpses.

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 6

On 5/15/2020 at 3:01 PM, ILoveReading said:

Just when I think I can't love them more they prove me wrong every time.  Guarunteed to make you smile.

Danneel's version

This is Amazing!

I've been watching it all morning. 

And yes, the resemblance to the original is uncanny.

Love The Ackles(both of them!). So much!!

• Like 6

Saw on twitter yesterday that an Australian version of GMA was showing a clip of the Call me Al video on their show.  Said American star of the show Supernatural and wife celebrated their anniversary in style.  Squee.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'll never object to Dean/Jensen content, but not gonna lie - I don't get this. At all.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'll never object to Dean/Jensen content, but not gonna lie - I don't get this. At all.

Oh good.  I thought I was the only one.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

13 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

But we did get this...

No complaints there.

It's weird that they did the "where's Dean" completely without Jensen, and then this one only Jensen.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's weird that they did the "where's Dean" completely without Jensen, and then this one only Jensen

Doesn't seem weird to me.  Andre Badd would absolutely put out a video that (he thinks) makes Jensen look bad/clumsy/foolish/silly. He doesn't get that confident people can laugh at themselves.  To me, he's just trying to mock Jensen.  I love those bow legs, though.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

Doesn't seem weird to me.  Andre Badd would absolutely put out a video that (he thinks) makes Jensen look bad/clumsy/foolish/silly. He doesn't get that confident people can laugh at themselves.  To me, he's just trying to mock Jensen.  I love those bow legs, though.

Yeah, I used weird in the sense that weird means deliberate. 😉

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Total speculation here, but is it possible that this has anything to do with Supernatural filming?

https://twitter.com/MrJakeAbel/status/1263138412699226115?s=20

They can't possibly be planning on filming in the next couple of weeks. Especially if they're doing it in Canada, because there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine period for those entering the country.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

They can't possibly be planning on filming in the next couple of weeks. Especially if they're doing it in Canada, because there is a mandatory 2 week quarantine period for those entering the country.

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

The Canadian/US border is closed until June 21st.  So unless there is exception for actors, I don't think its SPN related.  I wonder if its Percy Jackson.  He was in the first movie.

Both things are true (thus the speculation qualifier) but it is possible that they are making exceptions and also possible that the actors are willing to subject themselves to the quarantine if it means getting the filming done. Again, total spec, but it's also possible the quarantine could be waived with a negative test (which weren't available to the majority of travelers returning to the country). Money does talk.

• Like 2

I wish I could find a mask with good head elastic like the guy on the right (all I can find in the UK seems to be the ear ones- very uncomfortable!). Failing that, I’ll just get a bandana, though I’ll look nowhere near as good as Jensen does in his.

• Like 1

Nice that they'll have their beer at HEB - I've been looking for it! I'll finally get to try it since I haven't made a trip to the brewery yet. 

• Like 2

On 5/20/2020 at 6:57 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Both things are true (thus the speculation qualifier) but it is possible that they are making exceptions and also possible that the actors are willing to subject themselves to the quarantine if it means getting the filming done. Again, total spec, but it's also possible the quarantine could be waived with a negative test (which weren't available to the majority of travelers returning to the country). Money does talk.

Does Clif (bodyguard) live in British Columbia? 

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Does Clif (bodyguard) live in British Columbia? 

I think he is Canadian.

• Useful 1

2 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I think he is Canadian.

For some reason I thought he was from/lived in Las Vegas. ETA: I couldn't find anything definitive, but IMDB lists his brother as being born in Vancouver, so I assume you're right @catrox14

So much for my secretly-returning-to-work theory, lol.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'm liking the longer hair...Jensen

Me too! Wow, that's a sweet picture! Those kids always look so happy. And they're all adorable, naturally - but I have to say, I think Arrow is going to be stunning when she grows up.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

3+ months without a haircut.  We're all looking shaggy (but not all as good!)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Me too ❤ 

• Like 3

I read JP's 'manifesto' on twitter.  I think many of us are struggling with how to change and be better people going forward.  Memorial Day changed America, no doubt.  I'm thankful my children are grown and I don't have to have that difficult conversation with them. I'm even more thankful that they are amazing, tolerant, caring adults who (from what I see), managed to grow to adulthood without racial bias despite that never being a lesson we expressly talked about at home.  Maybe we should have, though.  I wish JP had offered real concrete examples of what he/we can do to change tide because I, for one, am struggling to figure that out in my own life.  He has the power, the voice of celebrity to do real good in that area, I hope to see how he uses it.

• Like 1

I can’t imagine how difficult it is having to explain the current state of the world and what led us to this point to your children. As an African American woman I’m grateful and blessed to not have been in the situations that have led to so many senseless deaths. I’m also relieved that I don’t have any children that I have to give a life or death talk to. I have friends who have had to and it was heart wrenching for them.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, trudysmom said:

I read JP's 'manifesto' on twitter.  I think many of us are struggling with how to change and be better people going forward.  Memorial Day changed America, no doubt. 

I believe that Jared is totally sincere in this matter, as is his wife and I too have, like many, been struggling on how to go forward. So far I have joined a local “Stand up to Racism Group”, I've watched the film 13th and loads of videos from people of colour and how racism has effected them, I have donated small amounts to some of the recommended groups and I have bought a couple of tea shirts denoting my feelings - “TOGETHERWERISE”. I have a transgender son so I found this the most appropriate slogan for me. What I have not done is "stand up" to some of my facebook “friends” when they have posted stuff that I find offensive or mainly just ignorant i.e. a petition BHM – British History Matters. These are not actual friends as I could never be friends with a racist - unlike someone who does not share my political beliefs, I can still be friends with them! As far as it goes I am white, sort of middle class but with rather left leaning politics. When I lived in London which I did for the first 40 years of my life friends who were black would talk about how often they were stopped and searched etc I listened and sympathised but I didn't really understand how it must be for that to be your constant in life. So like many including Jared etc I am trying to go on an awareness journey.

A totally irrelevant comment on his post, I am not sure why he referenced the train incident friend i.e. Richard as the one he was talking to, it seems as if he wanted to make sure people didn't think it was Jensen or Misha – just seemed an uneccessary point.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Icarus said:

A totally irrelevant comment on his post, I am not sure why he referenced the train incident friend i.e. Richard as the one he was talking to, it seems as if he wanted to make sure people didn't think it was Jensen or Misha – just seemed an uneccessary point.

I think he was just trying to lighten the moment. 

53 minutes ago, Icarus said:

It seemed like a throwaway comment to me. Or maybe he wanted to make it clear that it wasn't Jensen or Misha in case either of them would like to make a statement of their own at some point about the topic.

• Like 1

There were some nice things in there. Overall it was way too long and I didn't really get the point of it. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

There were some nice things in there. Overall it was way too long and I didn't really get the point of it. 

While I absolutely believe his intentions are good, to me, it reads like most things Jared does: all about Jared.

LOL, my first thought was that somebody got a thesaurus for Father's Day. 😄

• Like 5
  • Laugh 3

17 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

While I absolutely believe his intentions are good, to me, it reads like most things Jared does: all about Jared.

Why would he write about how other people feel/should act?  I thought it was entirely appropriate for him to discuss how he sees his past behavior and what he hopes to do differently going forward.  Nor did the length bother me.  He's a thoughtful writer, and some topics deserve more than three line sound bites.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Why would he write about how other people feel/should act?  I thought it was entirely appropriate for him to discuss how he sees his past behavior and what he hopes to do differently going forward.  Nor did the length bother me.  He's a thoughtful writer, and some topics deserve more than three line sound bites.

As I said, I believe his intentions are good and his heart in the right place. But it does read about how it affects him, not how it affects the people being discriminated against, hurt and killed (thus, #blacklivesmatter). Most of the criticism I read from Black people centers around this. It's perception, that's all. I sincerely don't mean it as a diss against Jared.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the social media / public appearance items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.