Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This is what started the Beliebers against Jared.

Not saying he's right or wrong, but for someone who preaches 'be kind, always', Jared has made some startlingly, less call them pointed, tweets.

Well it gets him in the news that's probably why.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think that's part of what makes me like Jared - things like this make him very human like the rest of us, those moments where he opens his mouth only to change feet.  Jensen, OTOH, always seems measured, careful, and too damn perfect lol.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

I think that's part of what makes me like Jared - things like this make him very human like the rest of us, those moments where he opens his mouth only to change feet.  Jensen, OTOH, always seems measured, careful, and too damn perfect lol.

I don't know normal little me somehow manages to not dox service people or insult tragic deaths on twitter.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

do wonder why Jared does this?

2 hours ago, ukgirl71 said:

Jensen has gotten into hot water with fans over show things. What he seems to manage to not do, though,is get involved in social media spats with other celebs. I mean I don't know why that makes him perfect? Maybe just more measured in his responses. This thing with Jared and Bieber needs to just die now. I don't get why he dies this other than wanting engagement in his Twitter feed. JMHO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

do wonder why Jared does this?

Jensen has gotten into hot water with fans over show things. What he seems to manage to not do, though,is get involved in social media spats with other celebs. I mean I don't know why that makes him perfect? Maybe just more measured in his responses. This thing with Jared and Bieber needs to just die now. I don't get why he dies this other than wanting engagement in his Twitter feed. JMHO.

Celebs, I could shrug of - though, when someone dishes it out, I expect them to be able to take it, too, and not play victim cards later - however, normal folk in normal jobs? As a celeb, you gotta know that you will sic hordes of minions on them. It`s just not the same if random Joe Schmo complains about customer service to his 15 twitter followers.  The worst one for me was that vague "I can`t even tell" think about some waitress. You can`t even defend yourself against stuff like that.   

• Love 7
(edited)

jp2.jpg.d62e7950ab24ac420ef45f3dffd2eebd.jpg

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I agree Jensen is measured and I'm cool with that. Think before you speak. 

I had never seen that Jared tweet. Yikes. I know he was so critical on Twitter that Tony Romo blocked him. 

He was also pretty (IMO) unkind when Philip Seymour Hoffman died, especially considering the element of mental illness and addiction. I have no doubt that Jared has a good heart, but he can be quite unkind when it comes to social media. The things he did to private citizens, ie, naming names of airport and restaurant employees who 'wronged' him, and in one case posting a photo of a hotel employee, are, in my opinion both ill-considered and irresponsible. Of course he's entitled to his emotions and reactions and has rights like any of us, but he also has the responsibility to use his fame wisely.

It is a sign of our times that Jensen being 'measured' (aka, kind and considerate) is somehow seen as a flaw.

Just for clarification, these are the tweets (since deleted) that Jared issued when PSH passed. He did not apologize for his original tweet, however he did 'clarify'.  It probably does make him human, but it doesn't make him very compassionate. It's actually more distressing how many people cheered him on. (Edited because I posted the same image twice - fixed to include his clarification)

jp2.jpg

jp3.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

I don't know.  Just because he is a celebrity doesn't mean he needs to be a saint. He trash talks sports figures. He makes inappropriate tweets that should have never been sent. He gives scathing yelp reviews when he thinks he is being treated poorly. I can't say I haven't done the same.

Jared has gone too far imo in some cases and his detractors (and even supporters) have raked him over the coals for it.  

What is interesting is that in the PSH incident George Clooney and many other celebrities said basically the same thing. I'm not sure why Jared was singled out by the media. Even the women on The View understood what Jared was trying to say and agreed with his right to say it. It was kind of amazing how many nonfans (in the articles I read many of those that commented had no idea who he was) also supported his comments....I got kind of consumed with it at the time.

I don't defend his childish behavior in any way.  It makes me cringe honestly.  I think Jared sometimes forgets he isn't Joe the Plumber.  I don't think he is a bad character, I think sometimes he has a poor filter mechanism.  There are times I wish Gen would take away his phone.

I do think the Bieber feud is hilarious though.

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It is a sign of our times that Jensen being 'measured' (aka, kind and considerate) is somehow seen as a flaw.

My thoughts exactly. I see it as being mature.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

What is interesting is that in the PSH incident George Clooney and many other celebrities said basically the same thing. I'm not sure why Jared was singled out by the media. Even the women on The View understood what Jared was trying to say and agreed with his right to say it. It was kind of amazing how many nonfans (in the articles I read many of those that commented had no idea who he was) also supported his comments....I got kind of consumed with it at the time.

I don't disagree about his drug message.  But, there's a time and a place.  When someone has just died, you don't make those grieving him/her feel bad by (even correctly) blaming them for their own deaths.  That said, other people in the world have said far worse things.

41 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Thanks?

"To each his own" if you're questioning the chacun a son gout.

• Love 2
(edited)

The Bieber feud is kind of stupid.  Jared is what?  13 years older than Bieber.  The first "feud" was in 2014, Jared was 32 and Bieber was 19 years old, and a teenager who'd already spent a number of years being messed up by the music business(the pop music business is even worse than the acting business esp for a teenage solo act).  Yes he's 25 now and the Tom Cruise thing is stupid too but why get involved, other than attention seeking?  I hate to seem like I'm defending Bieber but it's more why sink down to that level?  

Jared didn't just give scathing yelp reviews, he's basically sicced his fans on normal people, including photographs of them sometimes, who he felt for whatever reason weren't respecting him(somehow they are always terrible human beings and he's always been made to feel less than human, in ways that he never gives details on--it seems to me it may be his problem more than theirs when it happens that many times). 

Once fine, people mess up or do something in the heat of the moment, but after that you'd think he'd learn his lesson.  None of us has millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram.  There's a big difference between us doing it, which still isn't right IMO, and him doing it and he isn't stupid, so he knows that.  I don't think there is anything "cute" or human about that, it's just mean-spirited and bullying, IMO.

As for Hoffman, yes it was his own fault in the sense that he took the drugs, but addiction is a disease and the guy had in fact been off drugs for many years, I'm quite sure he didn't plan on falling off the wagon and dying.  That's why it's tragic. That's a time to show compassion for those who cared about him. 

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, Katy M said:

"To each his own" if you're questioning the chacun a son gout.

Honestly I didn't really care what it meant. It was in reply to the "permission" or whatever to be a fan of Tom Cruise.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Thoughts?

Well, if no metaphors are involved, then it sounds like the writers/producers were playing with swords(hopefully fake ones) and one of them left in the midst of the battle.

But tbh, I'm highly doubtful that Dabb's toadie knows the meaning of the term metaphor. 😉

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Well, if no metaphors are involved, then it sounds like the writers/producers were playing with swords(hopefully fake ones) and one of them left in the midst of the battle.

But tbh, I'm highly doubtful that Dabb's toadie knows the meaning of the term metaphor. 😉

Maybe she heard the ruckus while cleaning and got confused.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

It read to me like there was someone in the office.  A special guest like maybe a past writer or creator or something promising.

• Useful 1
6 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

It read to me like there was someone in the office.  A special guest like maybe a past writer or creator or something promising.

My name is Inigo Montoya....

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Myrelle said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means..." 😄

I think that could apply to all the current writers. 😊

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PAForrest said:

She's so sweet, I love her, and I adored Ellen. She would be top of my list to see one more time before the show ends.

Me too but only if it's not an AU version!

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

And only if it's not as any Bobby's LI (she deserved better than Bobby IMO). I would like to see her have a word with John about her husband's death given the only version of that story was out if Meg's twisted mind.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Yes - bringing the character back is not the same as bringing the actor back. Don't bother unless it is really Ellen and Jo. These weird versions of Charlie and Bobby just haven't worked AT ALL. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ahrtee said:

No Jack in the picture!

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially not if you consider "The Nick Show" we had to endure last season and I don't remember Pellegrino being in the promotional posters. But I hope the guys have made it clear what they want and have been assured by WB, the CW, and the showrunners that the final season will be focused on the brothers. Fingers crossed!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, PAForrest said:

That doesn't necessarily mean anything, especially not if you consider "The Nick Show" we had to endure last season and I don't remember Pellegrino being in the promotional posters. But I hope the guys have made it clear what they want and have been assured by WB, the CW, and the showrunners that the final season will be focused on the brothers. Fingers crossed!

I wouldn't count on it. Jim never-met-a-name-I-wouldn't-drop Michaels tweeted this out. He is a desperate attention-ho so it may not mean anything, but I'm afraid S15 is going to be nothing but gimmicky, fanservicing 'guest stars'.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wouldn't count on it. Jim never-met-a-name-I-wouldn't-drop Michaels tweeted this out. He is a desperate attention-ho so it may not mean anything, but I'm afraid S15 is going to be nothing but gimmicky, fanservicing 'guest stars'.

I think you're right.  😞

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Le sigh. Yeah, I did see someone RT that on twitter. Though, as you said, Michaels is a desperately seeking attention 'ho, so it may not mean a lot. But sure, I fully expect some fanserving. I just hope it's more along the lines of cameos.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Going back a bit, the bill that Danneel was promoting via her social media (allowing sales of beer to go at breweries like theirs) got passed and signed into law this week!

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/texas-politics/2019/06/15/texas-breweries-will-finally-get-sell-beer-go-starting-sept-1

Thanks for that! I saw the bill had passed and couldn’t quite remember if she was pro or con (though pro seemed most likely :)) and then couldn’t be bothered to figure it out. 🍺🍻

• Love 1
39 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Well, since they've already brought up the idea that anyone can come back (since all the dead are rising now...) I do expect way too many fanservicing (that is, those that the writers like) guest stars.  But considering how well they've treated returning characters before (Missouri, anyone?) I don't expect any of them to last very long.  Let's see...20 eps, each one with an "old" character showing up just in time to be killed (again)?  But the focus can be all on the brothers' reactions to seeing/losing all these characters again.  *gag*

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

20 eps, each one with an "old" character showing up just in time to be killed (again)?

Or showing up just in time to be the hero and save those poor hapless Winchesters...then get killed.

• Love 2

Gotta say tho, it drives me crazy when entertainment sites do that regional thing, especially when a show has as broad an international audience as SPN does. And one that, you know, is made here in Canada. FFS.

1 minute ago, Myrelle said:

With MichaelDean as the lead in to it.

Assholes.

Bait and switching, disappointing, useless assholes.

• Love 6