Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, AMA's And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

27 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Also: eyelashes.

🤩

IKR?!! 😍

• Like 2

I remember when Jensen went on the Bonnie Hunt talk show to promote "My Bloody Valentine" and the silly girl who was also on asked him if he curled his eyelashes. He didn't even know how to react to that. Finally just said "no".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I remember when Jensen went on the Bonnie Hunt talk show to promote "My Bloody Valentine" and the silly girl who was also on asked him if he curled his eyelashes. He didn't even know how to react to that. Finally just said "no".

It was the Jimmy Kimmel show 🙃

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

2 hours ago, starfishka said:

It was the Jimmy Kimmel show 🙃

Rosie Perez asked the question at time mark 4.24.  The complete interview:  

Boy does Jensen look young!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I remember that interview. Although I would like to say that Rosie Perez is way too accomplished and awesome to be referred to as "a silly girl".  Just my opinion.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

I remember that interview. Although I would like to say that Rosie Perez is way too accomplished and awesome to be referred to as "a silly girl".  Just my opinion.

Oh yeah, she's done a lot, and I thought it was cute.  I think they knew Jensen was a little nervous as he used to be doing these things. I don't think he minded.  I remember he was on Megan Mullaly early in the show and after the interview as they were going to commercial I seem to recall you could see her saying to him "oh you did great", like maybe he'd been a little nervous and she was reassuring him.

• Like 2

What I kept laughing about was him comparing Supernatural Brothers to the Hardy Boys.  Jensen's reaction is priceless.

Another reason I found it funny, is I just finished watching the 70's series of the "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy because it reminded me of my childhood.  I kind of forgotten how in TV shows you never really had anybody really hurt not like we do today.  The differences between the shows, makes the comment even funnier to me.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tessathereaper said:

Oh yeah, she's done a lot, and I thought it was cute.  I think they knew Jensen was a little nervous as he used to be doing these things. I don't think he minded.

I thought it was pretty cute too and I liked how Jimmy followed up with "he's just naturally beautiful".

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 7kstar said:

What I kept laughing about was him comparing Supernatural Brothers to the Hardy Boys.  Jensen's reaction is priceless.

Another reason I found it funny, is I just finished watching the 70's series of the "The Hardy Boys" with Parker Stevenson and Shaun Cassidy because it reminded me of my childhood.  I kind of forgotten how in TV shows you never really had anybody really hurt not like we do today.  The differences between the shows, makes the comment even funnier to me.

I used to watch the Hardy Boys, it used to alternate with Nancy Drew(Pamela Sue Martin pre-Dynasty as Nancy Drew).  My little first grader self had a big crush on Shaun Cassidy.  Which is kind of funny because my little 4 year old self had had a big crush on David Cassidy.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tessathereaper said:

I used to watch the Hardy Boys, it used to alternate with Nancy Drew(Pamela Sue Martin pre-Dynasty as Nancy Drew).  My little first grader self had a big crush on Shaun Cassidy.  Which is kind of funny because my little 4 year old self had had a big crush on David Cassidy.  

I had the biggest crush on Shaun. He's a pretty successful producer and writer now (New Amsterdam most recently) and my inner-tween does a little happy dance each time he 'likes' a tweet. :)

• Like 5

16 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I had the biggest crush on Shaun. He's a pretty successful producer and writer now (New Amsterdam most recently) and my inner-tween does a little happy dance each time he 'likes' a tweet. 🙂

I had a major crush on Shaun and I found a video with him and David singing and they were awesome together.  He didn't have the looks for Joe Hardy if you thought he should be the brawn but I didn't think about things like that when I was watching it as a youngster. 

I did like ROAR, so I'm glad he found success even if his music career crashed and burned.  But I did get a kick watching him sing on the Hardy Boys once again as an adult.  It is funny what parts you remember when you're young and how your memory of something doesn't always match with the real thing. 

Back on Topic,

I do Hope Jensen's music career spans more than one album.  I will admit to listening to it over and over.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 7kstar said:

I had a major crush on Shaun and I found a video with him and David singing and they were awesome together.  He didn't have the looks for Joe Hardy if you thought he should be the brawn but I didn't think about things like that when I was watching it as a youngster. 

I did like ROAR, so I'm glad he found success even if his music career crashed and burned.  But I did get a kick watching him sing on the Hardy Boys once again as an adult.  It is funny what parts you remember when you're young and how your memory of something doesn't always match with the real thing. 

Back on Topic,

I do Hope Jensen's music career spans more than one album.  I will admit to listening to it over and over.

I know, sometimes you go back and watch those old shows and cringe a little but sometimes they are actually pretty good.  Like I did an original Battlestar Galactica rewatch about 6 months ago I guess(and then I watched the the reboot) and while it could be silly and I expected that,, for the most part I found it was still a pretty good show.  Maybe had a little more appreciation for Apollo this time though Starbuck was still my definite fave in the original.  I didn't have an issue with Starbuck/Kara and the gender change in the reboot but it was annoying that they never could seem to figure out what to do with Apollo/Lee, I liked Jamie Bamber from his Horatio Hornblower days.

I'm hopeful for Jensen's music career too.  For one thing, he has an experienced songwriting partner in Steve.  For another, he obviously took his time learning the ropes over the years and for another, he really has a spectacular voice with a good range.  That song he sang with JJ a while back, he just sounds absolutely beautiful.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Like 3

I got Dean!  😍  I didn't even try to rig it.  I chose a Burger and not Pie!  It seemed like there were certain answers that would guarantee a Dean, Sam, or Castiel selection but I figured I would answer them honestly the first time just to see what happened...and then I could rig it to get who I wanted in subsequent rounds...you know, if I was still a 13 year old girl who did that sort of thing...🙃

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

On 5/8/2020 at 8:57 AM, tessathereaper said:

it was annoying that they never could seem to figure out what to do with Apollo/Lee,

Yeah, that was one of the things that ultimately made me dislike the show (along with stuff like: the fact that they couldn't, in the end, handle the increasing complexity, and ultimately failed the logic test; that I still have no idea what the "plan" was; and don't even get me started on the finale!!); to me, Apollo in the original series was the center of the story (to that advanced race, he was humanity on the way to being something greater).

15 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I don'y know what this says about me.  I got the car!😕

First time around, so did I! (I like that they consider Baby to be a "hunk", even though they acknowledge that she's a she. 😊) There were a couple of questions where I could have gone either way (not the burger one; I definitely would not ever go for pie.  Sorry, Dean, sweetie 😘), so the second time around I took the other choice and I got Dean.  Yay!

Dean and Baby--I think I've chosen a side here. 😂😋

Edited by Lemuria
  • Like 4

I love toward the end when he’s all, ever so gently, “Okay. Okay.” It’s, like, universal-Dad for “We’re having fun, but you’re getting out of control, and I need you to calm down.” Then the little kiss on JJ’s forehead. So sweet.

Edited by bethy
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I answered honestly (yes, I knew which answers would assure me of Dean) and got Cas! Loved the description of my dates with him. 🙂  Not a bad choice (as a second, of course), because I've always liked Cas.

You're way less shallow than I am because I totally cheated by picking the obvious Dean answers . 😁 Though I hated that the description of him included "emotionally unavailable". I hate when he's described that way because it's so untrue.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

I answered honestly (yes, I knew which answers would assure me of Dean) and got Cas! Loved the description of my dates with him. 🙂  Not a bad choice (as a second, of course), because I've always liked Cas.

I answered honestly (as much as I could, I'm not drinking beer or coffee), and still got Dean. It's probably mostly because of our mutual love of pie.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

You're way less shallow than I am because I totally cheated by picking the obvious Dean answers . 😁 Though I hated that the description of him included "emotionally unavailable". I hate when he's described that way because it's so untrue.

I just retook the quiz and answered honestly and I still got Dean. Not bad! 

• Like 3

Well I got Dean, but honestly of the answers the options were limited.  I don't like beer and I don't like coffee.  But I do like Dean... surprised I got who I wanted, lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Something I've been asking for most of the past few seasons....

• Sad 8

11 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Something I've been asking for most of the past few seasons....

What's funny is that this was from Last Call a very Dean-centric  episode.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

What's funny is that this was from Last Call a very Dean-centric  episode.

What's sad is that apparently the only way we can get Dean-centric eps now is to get him away from all the others.  So he won't steal all the attention from the other actors, I guess (or however they put it.)  

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

I'd like to think Andre Badd was self-aware enough for this to be purposely ironic, but... yeah.

Where's Dean, indeed.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

From Danneel's Instagram 😁

Screenshot_20200513-192415_Instagram.jpg

😖

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

It really does look like Destiel!  I had to zoom in to see it's actually Diestel.  I was afraid we'd slipped into an alternate universe for a minute...

• Like 1
  • Laugh 3

Best promo pic in years. Both brothers front and center, as it should be.

ETA the image just in case.

SPNfinalseven.jpg

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 15

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Best promo pic in years. Both brothers front and center, as it should be.

ETA the image just in case.

SPNfinalseven.jpg

Returning to Thursday.  Wouldn't it be nice if they got their old time slot back as well.  

• Like 5

I hope they have a really tight plan to shoot the remaining episodes fast and effectively.  When their 'safe to shoot' window opens up, there's no telling how long it will stay open.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Just when I think I can't love them more they prove me wrong every time.  Guarunteed to make you smile.

Danneel's version

• Like 11
  • Laugh 2

7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Just when I think I can't love them more they prove me wrong every time.  Guarunteed to make you smile.

Danneel's version

OMG so adorable!!!!!! Couples goals having a ball in quarantine. LOL! Happy Anniversary to this cute pair.

• Like 11

That is just fantastic. Jensen can tell so many stories with his face. He is an actor extraordinaire. Not gonna lie though, I didn't know Danneel could do that! Kudos to both of them for having such a sense of fun and friendship after ten years of marriage.

Also, I never thought that JJ looked like her mom until seeing this video. She is SO like her, especially as she (JJ) is getting older.

• Like 10

That is hilarious!  Nice catch of the recorder (?) Danneel!  I had forgotten that I loved that song.  If only they’d been able to catch the inherit humor of the height difference in the original when dancing - but that’s just nitpicking.

• Like 3

So can we assume this is what Jensen was talking about on JDM and Hilarie's show when he said he and Danneel were working on something?

• Like 3
  • Useful 3

5 hours ago, PAForrest said:

OMG so adorable!!!!!! Couples goals having a ball in quarantine. LOL! Happy Anniversary to this cute pair.

While I completely agree with this sentiment it's infuriating how trolls will try to put a damper on everything. I read this ( asinine ) post on Tumblr this evening: " J and D couldn’t even make themselves play nice and pretend to like each other for their anniversary video. Jensen is an ACTOR and he can’t even ACT like he cares!? That says a lot. Homeboy is done and has been for a while."

Not only is the poster an idiot who obviously hasn't seen the original vid and doesn't realize that they replicated it to a T but they're eagerly spewing their nonsense on a thread where everyone is appreciating how great their relationship is. Is this an example of tinhatter bullshit? 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, DeeDee79 said:

While I completely agree with this sentiment it's infuriating how trolls will try to put a damper on everything. I read this ( asinine ) post on Tumblr this evening: " J and D couldn’t even make themselves play nice and pretend to like each other for their anniversary video. Jensen is an ACTOR and he can’t even ACT like he cares!? That says a lot. Homeboy is done and has been for a while."

Not only is the poster an idiot who obviously hasn't seen the original vid and doesn't realize that they replicated it to a T but they're eagerly spewing their nonsense on a thread where everyone is appreciating how great their relationship is. Is this an example of tinhatter bullshit? 

I never saw the original video (until it was posted above) but I could see Jensen was playing a role.  Then, when I did get to compare the two vids, I was blown away at how exactly he matched body language, facial expressions (and even the twiddling thumbs!)  

• Like 6

You just kind of have to pity them. Imagine how little they have in their lives that their fantasies are all they have. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That is just fantastic. Jensen can tell so many stories with his face. He is an actor extraordinaire. Not gonna lie though, I didn't know Danneel could do that! Kudos to both of them for having such a sense of fun and friendship after ten years of marriage.

Also, I never thought that JJ looked like her mom until seeing this video. She is SO like her, especially as she (JJ) is getting older.

I wonder if they might be doing some kind of variety show on the CW next year? Like a Sonny & Cher thing?  They are pretty funny together

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

Either a tinhatter or an extreme Jared-stan. That stuff has been coming from those corners for ages now. Jensen got a lot of hate for Season 15 this year as if he himself wrote it and how they "lost so much respect for him". (for made-up szuff). Just eyeroll-worthy stans.

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Either a tinhatter or an extreme Jared-stan. That stuff has been coming from those corners for ages now. Jensen got a lot of hate for Season 15 this year as if he himself wrote it and how they "lost so much respect for him". (for made-up szuff). Just eyeroll-worthy stans.

Nothing we haven't encountered for years. Sad angry little tinhatters, spiraling even more quickly now that they know the show is ending and their weirdly crafted little AU is finally going to crash to earth.

This is the biggest disappointment about the shutdown and the show not ending when it was supposed to. Now we have to endure this idiocracy just that much longer. Remember, the finale was supposed to be this Monday. Feels like a lifetime ago.

One wonders what's the next show and group of guys they're going to fixate on when they simply have nothing else to work with here. I guess some of them will move onto the cast of Walker. I feel for those actors.

I had completely forgotten about the original vid with Chevy Chase until it was posted again. Then it was all, d'uh yeah!, I remember that video when it originally came out. Awesome recreation!

• Like 5

Back to the video... now I want to see Jensen play an electric guitar for reals! 

• Like 5

The remake has driven a lot of people to the original video on You Tube.    I just love quirky stuff like this.  I admire people who can not only say "Hey!  Wouldn't it be fun to remake You Can Call Me Al" but then actually have the guts and drive to pull it off.

• Like 5

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the social media / public appearance items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.