Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

With the CW Upfronts on 16 May, I’ll be surprised if the boys are not there.  They did a big thing at the Upfronts for Smallville’s last year.  Then Jus In Bello 17-18 May and AHBL in Australia the week after.  Busy time.  

• Love 2
6 hours ago, SueB said:

With the CW Upfronts on 16 May, I’ll be surprised if the boys are not there.  They did a big thing at the Upfronts for Smallville’s last year.  Then Jus In Bello 17-18 May and AHBL in Australia the week after.  Busy time.  

We should get a lot of good information all the way through Dallas con. That doesn’t give J2 a lot of time to be in on the storyboards though. 😔

• Useful 1

I'm kinda surprised they're doing all that in such a short space of time, and so far apart.  So much for their hiatus - well, good luck to them - make hay while the sun shines fellas, you've earned it!

• Love 1
On 4/30/2019 at 11:55 PM, AwesomO4000 said:

I have pairs of sunglasses everywhere - like 2 or 3 in the car and another 2 or 3 in various rooms of the house - because I need them outside a lot. And depending on where he is, it could be bright. Texas, for example, I suspect is really bright. When I visit my family in Florida, I hardly go anywhere outside in the day without sunglasses.

I have blue-green eyes.  Light color eyes are affected by the sun and yes Texas is bright.  We get the sun a lot and it will get very hot soon.  My eyes have gotten so sensitive that I even have to wear tint indoors, due to fluorescent lighting being a migraine trigger.

I hope that the boys enjoy their time off but I'm sure they play hard when they are off.  I will be interested to see if Jensen seems excited about the last season in cons once the final season starts.  Those cons should tell us a lot.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, SueB said:

Based on twitter comments from #Purcon5, Rob Benedict seems to know the “God is Evil” is not making people happy.

Apparently at Dark/Light con (I think that was the one) last weekend, the audience boo'ed.* when he came on stage.

*They were booing the character, not Rob himself.  Which is good because the fact that Rob really is a precious peanut seems to be one thing the fandom agrees on.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, SueB said:

Based on twitter comments from #Purcon5, Rob Benedict seems to know the “God is Evil” is not making people happy.

I'm interested to know if that's a surprise to him or the powers that be.

Was the decision a "We're going to do this because we're edgy and deep, and people are going to think we're making a statement," so now they're like, "Whaaaaat? We're shocked - SHOCKED - to discover that people found our making God evil problematic" kind of thing? Or was the decision a "Let's make God evil; screw 'em" kind of thing? I'm genuinely curious as to the thought process behind that choice. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, bethy said:

I'm genuinely curious as to the thought process behind that choice. 

I'm genuinely curious as to whether there was any thought process at all.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

I think they wanted to get to a point of having all the things the boys killed coming back and sort of resetting for the final season. Which I am really behind. But how they got there really was like a whiplash with Chuck suddenly being evil. Would have been far more effective to just have Jack truly go darkside and flip the switch - the possibility has always been there and it was a logical move. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think they wanted to get to a point of having all the things the boys killed coming back and sort of resetting for the final season. Which I am really behind. But how they got there really was like a whiplash with Chuck suddenly being evil. Would have been far more effective to just have Jack truly go darkside and flip the switch - the possibility has always been there and it was a logical move. 

And, even if they didn't want to turn Jack dark, they could have accidentally had him spring Hell like he stopped lies.  And, maybe don't bother killing a character you're going to resurrect right after the commercial break.  

• Love 1

I wonder if we should have a convention thread...or if this should go here or under Small Talk - but Dragoncon today added a bunch of supernatural people! I’ll be going. I go just about every year. It’s Labor Day weekend in Atlanta. They usually only have like one person from supernatural but so far this year, they already have like a half dozen and they’re still adding! 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I disagree with a 100 % of the choices. None of those eps merits a "must see".

I wouldn't choose any of them, but I can see why they did.  First ep,to bring you up to date with what went before.  Absence, to show what was the driving force for the drama at the end of the season, the last ep (to set up the next season), and the big 300th with all its hype.  Nothing exciting about any of them (except they probably included Mint Condition just because they liked it) but pretty much the condensed version of season 14, with whatever you need to know for season 15.  Gag.  

• Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 1:13 AM, ahrtee said:

I wouldn't choose any of them, but I can see why they did.  First ep,to bring you up to date with what went before.  Absence, to show what was the driving force for the drama at the end of the season, the last ep (to set up the next season), and the big 300th with all its hype.  Nothing exciting about any of them (except they probably included Mint Condition just because they liked it) but pretty much the condensed version of season 14, with whatever you need to know for season 15.  Gag.  

Yeah, sadly, I think this is true and even sadder is that the best written episode of the season(IMO), Nihilism, is not on that list because it turned out to have no bearing whatsoever on the season as a whole.

And that, for me, is the kind of stuff that finally killed this show for good, after the set-ups for it that were S12 and 13.

IOW, Dabb just put a fork in it with the mess that was S14.

• Love 3

I wish we could get some details on what Steve and Jensen's project is.  I'm so hoping it's more than a guest spot on Steve's CD. Really looking forward to hearing more Jensen from a professional studio, either way. \O/

• Love 3
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wish we could get some details on what Steve and Jensen's project is.  I'm so hoping it's more than a guest spot on Steve's CD. Really looking forward to hearing more Jensen from a professional studio, either way. \O/

He said he and Steve have been working on it for months.  Probably going to be on several tacks.

• Love 2

Arrow cracks me up in the top pic-"Bored here." 😄

Zep is a Jensen clone already and JJ is just Sunshine.

And the pic with just Danneel and the kids is the best.

These people are so Real and down to earth.

It's exquisite. 💝

• Love 9

I need Jared to eat more now.  He must have the metabolism that is out of this world.  And stop running marathons.  Meat on bones.  Now Please.  

• Love 7
On 5/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

Have they said everything they have killed is coming back. Cas said the souls from hell are being released which seemed to me very NT end of days Revelations and fors with Chuck, aka God, saying okay it's the end as in the end of the world.

We are shown three of the releases souls who happen to be familiar faces. Ghosts that were evil souls, demons and evil humans they have killed would be released.

There is no reason to expect everything they ever killed to return.

Now the side story with the Empty and Billie conspiring suggests that they will help try to stop the world ending and therefore any dead angels can come back. If the Empty also oversees dead demons maybe Crowley if they are smart. And Billie can take Dean to Purgatory for Benny or Dean and Rowena to the cage for Michael. Billie on board raises possibilities. 

Chuck has a history of judeo-Christian tropes. The End appears to be from that bag of tricks.

On 5/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

Have they said everything they have killed is coming back. Cas said the souls from hell are being released which seemed to me very NT end of days Revelations and fors with Chuck, aka God, saying okay it's the end as in the end of the world.

We are shown three of the releases souls who happen to be familiar faces. Ghosts that were evil souls, demons and evil humans they have killed would be released.

There is no reason to expect everything they ever killed to return.

Now the side story with the Empty and Billie conspiring suggests that they will help try to stop the world ending and therefore any dead angels can come back. If the Empty also oversees dead demons maybe Crowley if they are smart. And Billie can take Dean to Purgatory for Benny or Dean and Rowena to the cage for Michael. Billie on board raises possibilities. 

Chuck has a history of judeo-Christian tropes. The End appears to be from that bag of tricks.

37 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

I keep seeing posts on FB Deancentric groups that Jensen is talks to play Batman in Reeves upcoming film yet can find no credible source for this rumor. Has anyone heard anything?

I think it’s based off Jensen talking about doing different roles after Supernatural at a con. Someone yelled “Batman” and he smiled. Also, some industry people tweeted he should be Batman. Right now it all seems to be wishful thinking but I’m sure they would let him audition.

• Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, SueB said:

I need Jared to eat more now.  He must have the metabolism that is out of this world.  And stop running marathons.  Meat on bones.

That's what runners look like: there's plenty of meat on his bone (hur, hur) just no fat. He looks great to me, except his beard is getting too full. 😉

Edit to add: and Gen is beautiful as always

Edited by auntvi
added sentence
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, auntvi said:

That's what runners look like: there's plenty of meat on his bone (hur, hur) just no fat. He looks great to me, except his beard is getting too full. 😉

Edit to add: and Gen is beautiful as always

The one thing I remember from my J2 sandwich photo op was being struck with how slim they both are in person, and that I thought Jared bordered on gaunt. It's an odd thing for a giant, lol, but he actually seemed almost frail. I'm with Sue here - he could stand to put on a little weight.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The one thing I remember from my J2 sandwich photo op was being struck with how slim they both are in person, and that I thought Jared bordered on gaunt. It's an odd thing for a giant, lol, but he actually seemed almost frail. I'm with Sue here - he could stand to put on a little weight.

This is why I ain’t buying a photo op in Toronto - standing in the same hemisphere as those two, and yes, Misha too - would make me feel even fatter than I already am!

• LOL 2
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I was shocked at how tall Jared is and how slim Jensen is in person. 

I did a mother/daughter pic with Jensen. I, also, was surprised how slim he is because to me, he looks a healthy, normal weight on the show. Yes, even when he's not in three layers. But, again to me, Jared looks too thin on camera, so I can't even imagine how he is in person these days. I'm with Sue, start eating again, Jared. Let's see the guy we saw in earlier seasons. (Not necessarily the bulk-up years, just the average ones). I think he's looked too thin since he broke his arm/shoulder before S10. And has never really gotten the weight back. Too bad...

Edited by FlickChick
Forgot to close those parentheses. For shame...
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, FlickChick said:

I did a mother/daughter pic with Jensen. I, also, was surprised how slim he is because to me, he looks a healthy, normal weight on the show. Yes, even when he's not in three layers. But, again to me, Jared looks too thin on camera, so I can't even imagine how he is in person these days. I'm with Sue, start eating again, Jared. Let's see the guy we saw in earlier seasons. (Not necessarily the bulk-up years, just the average ones). I think he's looked too thin since he broke his arm/shoulder before S10. And has never really gotten the weight back. Too bad...

The camera adds 10 pounds so Jared is really thin. I agree he needs to bulk up a bit. 

I think Jensen is perfect though it he wants to audition for more physical roles he probably needs 10 pounds of muscle.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I hate to be quote a stereotype but Dabb looks like he lives in his parents' basement.

As I see it what Jensen is also saying, without saying, is that if the writers screw up this set up, it's on the writers.  They, the actors, are rarin' to go to make a great final season. If the writers don't actually do the best job they can do to live up to the potential of the set up, that is totally on them.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, tessathereaper said:

I hate to be quote a stereotype but Dabb looks like he lives in his parents' basement.

As I see it what Jensen is also saying, without saying, is that if the writers screw up this set up, it's on the writers.  They, the actors, are rarin' to go to make a great final season. If the writers don't actually do the best job they can do to live up to the potential of the set up, that is totally on them.

LOL, I just commented about Dabb elsewhere. X-X

I wish it didn't cut off where it does - I have a feeling there was a caveat following his 'best season ever' comment. And sorry, if he's basing that on what he's been told, well I just have one word to say: Michael.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

LOL, I just commented about Dabb elsewhere. X-X

I wish it didn't cut off where it does - I have a feeling there was a caveat following his 'best season ever' comment. And sorry, if he's basing that on what he's been told, well I just have one word to say: Michael.

Why does Jared look like he's trying not to laugh the whole time Jensen is talking?