Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I think there is a restriction on liquor licenses - digging back into my brain from when I worked in the legal dept of a restaurant company in TX. You can be licensed to sell for on-premises consumption (restaurant, brewery tasting rooms) or off-premises consumption (liquor stores) but I’m not sure about both.  Actually, as I’m typing I remembered that there are some restaurants that sell growlers you can take away so there must be a hybrid license.

TX is weird about, well lots of things, but alcohol is one of them.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I think there is a restriction on liquor licenses - digging back into my brain from when I worked in the legal dept of a restaurant company in TX. You can be licensed to sell for on-premises consumption (restaurant, brewery tasting rooms) or off-premises consumption (liquor stores) but I’m not sure about both.  Actually, as I’m typing I remembered that there are some restaurants that sell growlers you can take away so there must be a hybrid license.

TX is weird about, well lots of things, but alcohol is one of them.  

Just in case anyone really wants to know: https://www.guidelive.com/craft-beer/2017/11/03/beer-go-primer-texas-laws-breweries-can

Apparently, brewpubs can sell beer to go.  Breweries can't.  Something about retail sales vs. manufacturing.  And of course it's the distributors who are fighting against it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

There are soooooo many amazing pictures of Jensen at the brewery day for an impala gathering that I don't even know which ones to post hahaha

Truth!

My timeline is overflowing with Jensen Love.

So nice....

• Love 3

John in Ravenclaw? His main attribute as a character isn't the quest for knowledge. And Crowley is Slytherin. Searching power doesn't mean not being smart also.

Dean as Gryffindor is fine, though he has Hufflepuff attributes (extreme family loyalty). 

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't mean this in any sort of unkind way - but what is wrong with his eyes here? He almost looks like he's had an allergic reaction to something,

This is the same vacation.  Maybe imbibing a little?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't mean this in any sort of unkind way - but what is wrong with his eyes here? He almost looks like he's had an allergic reaction to something,

Maybe jet lag?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

This is the same vacation.  Maybe imbibing a little?

2 minutes ago, Diane said:

Maybe jet lag?

Either one is a possibility. They sure don't look 'normal' anyway. Hope all is well!

Maybe jet lag or too much sleep? 

I do like me some Jared but that picture makes him look not well. 

I've never noticed how many wrinkles and saggy skin he had around the eyes!! 😳

He also looked super thin on the finale.  I hope he's able to rest during this hiatus and can relax and de-stress. 

7 minutes ago, Ninamags said:

I do like me some Jared but that picture makes him look not well. 

I've never noticed how many wrinkles and saggy skin he had around the eyes!! 😳

He also looked super thin on the finale.  I hope he's able to rest during this hiatus and can relax and de-stress. 

Jared was training for the Boston Marathon by running two other marathons.  He said he had lost a lot of weight at the last convention.

33 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Jared and Jensen joked in Chicago that Jared is withering away is a shadow of his old self. Jensen said he was all calves now.

From those pics, I agree. Maybe he should lay off the marathons and start putting some meat on those bones. He really doesn't look very healthy and actually not very happy either. Obviously, IMO.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

From those pics, I agree. Maybe he should lay off the marathons and start putting some meat on those bones. He really doesn't look very healthy and actually not very happy either. Obviously, IMO.

He certainly doesn’t look like his old muscular self... I’m thinking that epic shirtless scene in season 6 which very nearly had me switching allegiances of which boy I liked best. For me, Jared has always come in third but dang that was hot. Oh crap, should this go in that shallow thread about how good they look? 😃

• LOL 1
5 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

He certainly doesn’t look like his old muscular self... I’m thinking that epic shirtless scene in season 6 which very nearly had me switching allegiances of which boy I liked best. For me, Jared has always come in third but dang that was hot. Oh crap, should this go in that shallow thread about how good they look? 😃

Soulless Sam was pretty dam hot...

e1f7094379c7920ca0916b2ddace823d.gif

• Love 2
1 minute ago, S Cook Productions said:

Probably more natural thin because he always said he tended towards being thin and it was hard for him to put on weight.  I realize he's older now and probably doesn't have that problem in quite the same way but still It's probably very hard for him to keep up the bulk.  

That said he does look a little puffy eyed but it could be jetlag, it seems like his eyes get that puffy look pretty easily, drink a little too much, have a cold, have allergies, be really tired and his eyes seem to get kind of puffy.   Does anyone remember way back, it might been like Season 2, Jensen and Jared were doing promo in NY I think, and Jared looked so puffy eyed.  I think they both partied a little too much but it looked like he was having an allergic reaction.

As for the rest, that's probably just natural aging, I mean Jensen has lines too.  In any case I prefer lines and crinkles to weird botox and fillers so I just hope neither of them go down that road.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, FlickChick said:

As I recall, the bulking up in S5-6 was for a hopeful role that required that physique. I can't recall the movie/character.

I feel like it was a Conan the Barbarian thing? He is definitely a guy who looks better/healthier with a little meat on his bones. 

Jensen has had the eye crinkles all along. He is aging into his looks magnificently. I definitely agree, I hope neither either of them never go the botox route. 

• Love 3
35 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen has had the eye crinkles all along. He is aging into his looks magnificently. I definitely agree, I hope neither either of them never go the botox route. 

I love the eye crinkles! As pretty as Jensen was in his youth he definitely gets better with age. It would be tragic if he ever went the plastic surgery route. 

37 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I feel like it was a Conan the Barbarian thing? He is definitely a guy who looks better/healthier with a little meat on his bones. 

Didn't he audition for Thor?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Jensen has, it's cute.     I was looking for pictures of Jensen younger to compare to Jensen older, the reasons aren't really important but I was trying to find pics that were similar poses or angles.  Didn't end finding quite what I wanted but there was a pic of Jensen from like when he 21 and he's got a big grin on his face and his eye crinkles are exactly the same, the only difference was the edges were softer, but they were in the exactly same places, everything. 🙂    Jensen is like a fine wine, getting better with age. 

I think Conan was a little earlier, pretty sure that was being cast during Season 4, maybe early season 5 because it started filming in early 2010 and came out in 2011 so it was being cast during 2009.   That's when he originally bulked up, to be honest I always wondered if it was completely natural, his face kind of seemed to change too and steroids can do that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

That's when he originally bulked up, to be honest I always wondered if it was completely natural, his face kind of seemed to change too and steroids can do that.

I also noticed during parts of season 5 that his face seemed a lot fuller than in other parts. It was mostly noticeable for me in My Bloody Valentine, parts of Hammer of the Gods and in The Devil You Know. It was only noticeable because his face has always had a pretty defined, sleek look IMO.

• Love 1

I think Jared looks just fine.  Aside from his grueling shooting schedule, cons, family time, and co-owning two bars, there are mental health issues to consider.  That can cause weight loss, among other things.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

According to Jensen, Jared was into the protein shakes, which caused the pungent farts in the gag reel. lucky Jared having trouble putting on weight.  Why can’t I have that  problem?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why can’t I have that  problem?

It's not as great as it sounds sometimes. I don't know how it is for Jared, but when I was that way as a kid and especially as a teen (they called me "Bones"), it wasn't much fun at all. Trust me on that.

(I was going to describe the experience, but changed my mind as likely no one wants to hear that. It can be summed up with I was hungry and cold almost all the time... and sick a lot to boot. I much prefer now, even though I'm on the zoftig side and have to watch what I eat... besides, I like having boobs too ; ) )

Edited to add:

He's in the sun, so it also could be squinting? He's got green eyes - despite what a lot of fanfic says - and I don't know if it's the same, but my eyes are grey, and I can't be out in the direct sun without sunglasses, or I have to squint terribly and have a hard time seeing sometimes.

I have pairs of sunglasses everywhere - like 2 or 3 in the car and another 2 or 3 in various rooms of the house - because I need them outside a lot. And depending on where he is, it could be bright. Texas, for example, I suspect is really bright. When I visit my family in Florida, I hardly go anywhere outside in the day without sunglasses.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Useful 1
10 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

It's not as great as it sounds sometimes. I don't know how it is for Jared, but when I was that way as a kid and especially as a teen (they called me "Bones"), it wasn't much fun at all. Trust me on that.

(I was going to describe the experience, but changed my mind as likely no one wants to hear that. It can be summed up with I was hungry and cold almost all the time... and sick a lot to boot. I much prefer now, even though I'm on the zoftig side and have to watch what I eat... besides, I like having boobs too ; ) )

Edited to add:

He's in the sun, so it also could be squinting? He's got green eyes - despite what a lot of fanfic says - and I don't know if it's the same, but my eyes are grey, and I can't be out in the direct sun without sunglasses, or I have to squint terribly and have a hard time seeing sometimes.

I have pairs of sunglasses everywhere - like 2 or 3 in the car and another 2 or 3 in various rooms of the house - because I need them outside a lot. And depending on where he is, it could be bright. Texas, for example, I suspect is really bright. When I visit my family in Florida, I hardly go anywhere outside in the day without sunglasses.

I think Jared looked normal in S2 and see. I think he even admitted in an interview that he used some growth hormone or steroids to bulkup. And now I think as he's gotten older the weight loss shows on his face more. I mean he's still a good looking dude but he's always been lean.

It looks tropical and given Gen mentioned Crocodile Dundee, I think they might be in or near Australia given the Australia convention is towards the end of this month.

• Useful 1