Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, AMA's And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

32 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yeah I don't do snow.  

And we're expecting more tonight.  Maybe.  The weather forecast hasn't been right all year.    

Edited by ahrtee
  • Useful 1

5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Choose your vacation....

Hee. Yes, between the two, I'd agree Jensen, but truthfully, I wouldn't do either. My idea of a vacation goes one of two ways: 1) a tropical beach, generally one that has reefs nearby to go snorkeling on, but with warm water at a minimum. Or 2) some place with amazing museums, preferably art or science orientated. I'll do mountains on occasion, but only in the summer when there's lots of pretty vegetation and no snow.

5 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Yeah I don't do snow.  

Me neither. I had 17 years of it growing up, and then another 5 after college and a first job. The first stint was the large-flaked, wet stuff and the second was the fine, dry stuff with cold wind that never seemed to quit. Two very different versions of snow, and I didn't like either one. No more snow for me. I mean, sure it does look pretty coming down from the sky and for maybe a few hours after that... if I'm inside watching it. That doesn't last nearly long enough though.

Jared must be a hardy soul, because when I was very thin, I did not like being out in the cold at all. I still don't, but I never seemed to ever feel warm in the winter when I was thin. And bulky winter clothes were a chore. And I can't even imagine myself with skis on. Give me some fins and a snorkel and mask any day of the week.

• Like 2

don't know how to share a link but Misha tweeted a photo of himself and RobertRayWisdom that said 2 lasts on SPN, one being Cas and Uriel together for the last time and the other too spoilery to post. Cas, by the way, with one S. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

don't know how to share a link but Misha tweeted a photo of himself and RobertRayWisdom that said 2 lasts on SPN, one being Cas and Uriel together for the last time and the other too spoilery to post. Cas, by the way, with one S. 

It's posted in Spoilers

4 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Hee. Yes, between the two, I'd agree Jensen, but truthfully, I wouldn't do either. My idea of a vacation goes one of two ways: 1) a tropical beach, generally one that has reefs nearby to go snorkeling on, but with warm water at a minimum. Or 2) some place with amazing museums, preferably art or science orientated. I'll do mountains on occasion, but only in the summer when there's lots of pretty vegetation and no snow.

Me neither. I had 17 years of it growing up, and then another 5 after college and a first job. The first stint was the large-flaked, wet stuff and the second was the fine, dry stuff with cold wind that never seemed to quit. Two very different versions of snow, and I didn't like either one. No more snow for me. I mean, sure it does look pretty coming down from the sky and for maybe a few hours after that... if I'm inside watching it. That doesn't last nearly long enough though.

Jared must be a hardy soul, because when I was very thin, I did not like being out in the cold at all. I still don't, but I never seemed to ever feel warm in the winter when I was thin. And bulky winter clothes were a chore. And I can't even imagine myself with skis on. Give me some fins and a snorkel and mask any day of the week.

I’m with you. I love SCUBA Diving and snorkeling. Where does everyone live? I live in Orlando, FL. 

3 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I'd honestly forgotten that Mitch Pileggi had been on SPN until I saw that picture. I appreciate his casting on Walker even more now.

• Like 2

It looks like Jensen is on a float. 

I'm going to need a full HD shot of that outfit.

Speaking of outfits.  This year's king outfit

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

I swear that pic of Mitch is from the Dallas reboot. 

26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I swear that pic of Mitch is from the Dallas reboot. 

Well Grandpa Campbell didn't have a beard so you're probably right.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, catrox14 said:

LOLOLOL Same, buddy. I would have lost my shit too. LOL

Best reaction ever! LOL!!!!!

Gotta say this year's Bacchus outfit paled muchly in comparison to Jensen's gorgeous outfit from last year. But it sure looked like Jensen, Danneel, Steve and their other friends had a blast this weekend. Living the best life!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Meeting Jensen...

ERfIw75WoAAZlgN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

After meeting Jensen...

ERfIw77WoAEETel?format=jpg&name=4096x409

I especially loved this lady's story. She told Jensen how much it meant as a black woman, to see the heartthrob fall in love with a black woman in Route 666.  That's so cool.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Meeting Jensen...

ERfIw75WoAAZlgN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

After meeting Jensen...

ERfIw77WoAEETel?format=jpg&name=4096x409

They could use that top pic in the dictionary under the term  "smoldering". 😍 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

On 2/20/2020 at 10:29 PM, Castiels Cat said:

Justified was the perfect series.

On 2/21/2020 at 7:52 AM, Bessie said:

Seeing Jensen in a series like Justified would be incredible.

A little late to the party here - I somehow forgot to get back to this (meant to, but got distracted...).

I heard that Justified was a good series. Didn't see it though (I think it sounded too violent / much for me?)

For me there's been a lot of good shows, but "perfect" would have to be Rectify. (It helped that the entire show was filmed in the town I currently live in, so it has even that much more meaning to it for me.) Also - it may be cliche - but Firefly, too, (though I include the movie in that), but for different reasons.

Rectify is one of the only shows hubby and I even binged together, because so many times we just couldn't wait to see the next episode. It's a beautiful, emotionally brutal series. Sometimes things just can't be "fixed" and everyone has to learn to live with the consequences. That's what Rectify is about, and it does it beautifully. It's very much a character study - well ultimately a multi-character study - where a look has to hold its own where there is no dialogue. I could see Jensen pulling something like that off... I'd actually prefer that to a more "action" type show.

23 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

ERolBQUW4AI8b7J?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Does anyone have this? Is there any actual info about the finale in it?

(Also, that is the worst photo of Julianna Margulies I've ever seen. WTF?)

36 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Now that you mention it, yes. I actually thought that was someone else, because I wasn't paying attention to the caption that much. That picture is just awful (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally photograph well.) Or at the very least is not very recognizable as her, imo.

Edited to add: And "Breaking Bad meets Westworld?" I haven't seen either of those shows, but from what I know of them... that sounds like a big mess if they mean that in a show that combines both of those things kind of way. Because that seems like a whole lotta stuff to mush into one show... Good grief.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Now that you mention it, yes. I actually thought that was someone else, because I wasn't paying attention to the caption that much. That picture is just awful (and this coming from someone who doesn't generally photograph well.) Or at the very least is not very recognizable as her, imo.

At first glance, I thought it was Christine Baranski with dark hair.

Btw, I saw the magazine article posted over on tumblr and nope, no specific Finale info. Just "spoilers" for the final eps that are already known. The Winchesters are mentioned in passing. Heh.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Aeryn13 said:

At first glance, I thought it was Christine Baranski with dark hair.

Yes! That's who I thought it was, too... though also a bad picture of her as well.

(I generally like to think of Christine Baranski as Martha May Whovier... and yes, watching The Grinch is a family tradition with my inlaw's family. Christine is my highlight.)

1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Yes! That's who I thought it was, too... though also a bad picture of her as well.

(I generally like to think of Christine Baranski as Martha May Whovier... and yes, watching The Grinch is a family tradition with my inlaw's family. Christine is my highlight.)

Heh, to me she'll just always be Leonard's mom from Big Bang Theory now, despite having seen her in other things like Cybil previously. 

• Like 2

Gonzogirl: I have it and posted the only thing in the article. More wayward visits and the new look at the telescope. Per Dabb:"the fans come away from the finale feeling like they've had a full, complete and satisfying journey with these characters." Well see.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

52 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

49 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Heh, to me she'll just always be Leonard's mom from Big Bang Theory now, despite having seen her in other things like Cybil previously. 

Christine is probably my favourite tv actress*. Loved her since Cybil, but if you don't know Diane Lockhart, you're missing out on a great character.

*Dead heat with Allison Janney.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Christine Baranski - generally like as...

I really like her as an actress even though I haven't watched many of the shows she was in.

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Christine and Julianna were both on the Good Wife, I did see a bit of it, but just couldn't get into the show.

Speaking of bad pictures, Jared's long hair and beard...just doesn't look good.  Jensen's okay but it's not my favorite pic of either of them in that cover.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AwesomO4000 said:

A little late to the party here - I somehow forgot to get back to this (meant to, but got distracted...).

I heard that Justified was a good series. Didn't see it though (I think it sounded too violent / much for me?)

For me there's been a lot of good shows, but "perfect" would have to be Rectify. (It helped that the entire show was filmed in the town I currently live in, so it has even that much more meaning to it for me.) Also - it may be cliche - but Firefly, too, (though I include the movie in that), but for different reasons.

Rectify is one of the only shows hubby and I even binged together, because so many times we just couldn't wait to see the next episode. It's a beautiful, emotionally brutal series. Sometimes things just can't be "fixed" and everyone has to learn to live with the consequences. That's what Rectify is about, and it does it beautifully. It's very much a character study - well ultimately a multi-character study - where a look has to hold its own where there is no dialogue. I could see Jensen pulling something like that off... I'd actually prefer that to a more "action" type show.

I will look for Rectify. 

Justified is on Prime. Check it out. It is character driven. The writing is superb. The final season may actually be the best of the series. The penultimate season drags. It's incredibly rich storytelling.

3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

I will look for Rectify. 

I think it is on Netflix.

(Rest moved to "Small Talk" thread.)

3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

Justified is on Prime. Check it out.

(Taken to "Small Talk" thread.)

Edited by AwesomO4000 · Reason: Moved to another thread.

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

o_O

Did Jensen ask ( or have someone shout him out ) before he got this gig or did they ask him to do it? Just curious. 

• Useful 1

20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

o_O

So is this a qualifying race in Austin for the Indianapolis 500 ?  Seems kind of random.

• Useful 1

The Austin race is simply a race for the IndyCar series. Just like Nascar goes to different tracks and cities.

Also I find it a little weird to have your bodyguard publicly asking for this. Jared has PR people. That is their job. And you do it privately so if you don't get chosen it doesn't look bad. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

The Austin race is simply a race for the IndyCar series. Just like Nascar goes to different tracks and cities.

Also I find it a little weird to have your bodyguard publicly asking for this. Jared has PR people. That is their job. And you do it privately so if you don't get chosen it doesn't look bad. 

He (Clif) and the fans were also lobbying NASCAR for Jared after Jensen's stint.  It's one thing for the fans to do it, but from the bodyguard it's just weird. Thus the o_O

• Like 9

49 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He (Clif) and the fans were also lobbying NASCAR for Jared after Jensen's stint.  It's one thing for the fans to do it, but from the bodyguard it's just weird. Thus the o_O

Is this like the show, where the writers (or fans) pushed Sam to redo/overshadow all of Dean's triumphs?  It's bad enough in the show when they're brothers, but IRL?  Let 'em do their own things, not repeat the other's.  

• Like 12
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Is this like the show, where the writers (or fans) pushed Sam to redo/overshadow all of Dean's triumphs?  It's bad enough in the show when they're brothers, but IRL?  Let 'em do their own things, not repeat the other's.  

I've felt for a long time now as if the real life relationship between the two actors has been reflecting the on-screen relationship between the two main characters to an almost disturbing degree-and the fandom has only made matters worse, IMO. 

And that's one  of the biggest reasons that I can't really call myself a fan of the show any longer-because it's bred this kind of behavior.

And it's even infected the JA and MC social media content to a disturbing degree in the last few years also, IMO.

Hopefully, ending the show will put something of a damper on all of that nonsense.

Hopefully. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Myrelle said:

've felt for a long time now as if the real life relationship between the two actors has been reflecting the on-screen relationship between the two main characters to an almost disturbing degree-and the fandom has only made matters worse, IMO. 

Lately, it has kind of seem like Jensen has quietly been looking for things where he is by himself.  I haven't heard Jared sing, but Jensen has a great voice.

I'm sure they'll remain friends but it would be good for all of them to have something different that is theirs.  JMO.

• Like 12

20 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

Lately, it has kind of seem like Jensen has quietly been looking for things where he is by himself. 

Personally speaking I love that he's been doing that. 

• Like 9

Tweet from Jim Michaels:

Jim Michaels

@TheJimMichaels

·

Feb 27 Interesting timing or weird coincidence? #Supernatural wrapping up their production after 15 years about the same time General Motors ending their manufacture of Impalas!

@TheRealSPNBaby1 @cw_spn #SPNFamily

Chevrolet Impala's last run: Production to cease Thursday

After six decades, the final Impala will roll down the line Thursday. Its many admirers will keep the spirit of the car alive.**

detroitnews.com

And Misha commented: 

Feb 27

Ending 60 years of production in honor of #SPN’s retirement? What a sweet gesture, GM. Means a lot!

**ETA the link to the article:   https://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/autos/general-motors/2020/02/27/chevrolet-impalas-last-run-production-cease-thursday/4830935002/?fbclid=IwAR2u-Q_OFOnBcUMwFb27dG_GisIbfPjGrIEOso-lt3Brd8OK4exN-sqxsf4

Edited by ahrtee
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

I love that she used “mandroid”!

0412FB04-8D12-4E4D-B9B2-B40D69171C60.gif

Edited by bethy
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

3 hours ago, bethy said:

I love that she used “mandroid”!

0412FB04-8D12-4E4D-B9B2-B40D69171C60.gif

A+ GIF usage!

• Like 2

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the social media / public appearance items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.