Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, AMA's And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

On 1/8/2020 at 2:34 AM, mertensia said:

They do. But, people don't necessarily watch. Hannibal, The Exorcist, The Passage and Galavant were all excellent. No one watched.

I watched Hannibal and The Exorcist.  Both were excellent. They put the Exorcist in the Friday night death slot as I recall. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:06 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Gens post as an Eddie Bauer promotion (or whoever she is being sponsored by  atm) or Jensen/Dannneel promoting the  brewery or the album or whatever doesn't offend me. We don't know who these people are at all. What they share with us is just an image they want to portray to their fans/public anyway. I just like seeing pictures of their cute families.

As fans we are interested in the album and the brewery because it is an extension of their persona. 

Posting this is trading on their persona and exploiting their proximity to fandom. I see a difference. 

At least Sam is touting how his hunting has improved since he started wearing Eddie Bauer.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:48 PM, S Cook Productions said:

I thought he might be announcing that he’s “coming out” of the Winchester’s trunk. Because isn’t that where he’s been for a year? Lol. Seriously, did anything come after that to explain it....or is that a completely dropped plot line?? 

They sent Maggie to check on him. She let him out I guess.

• Useful 1

On 1/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, ILoveReading said:

I didn't realize that he was nominated this year. ???

He  totally deserves to be wooed (sp?) and wowed and treated like royalty though.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

He  totally deserves to be wooed (sp?) and wowed and treated like royalty though.

He wasn't nominated that I heard about.  I think he is being wooed for future stuff. 

• Like 2

I don't know if this quite falls under the category of social media, but here's a string quartet version of 'Carry on Wayward Son'.  They should use it in the show.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

You do have to be invited to the suite, so SOMEONE did him a solid:

DPA Luxury Lounge
Brentwood Suites at Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel, 11461 Sunset Blvd., Brentwood, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday
The invite-only luxury style retreat will feature De Marquet, Civetta Los Angeles, Naughty Girl, Le Taha’a Island Resort & Spa, Soori Bali, Tahiti Ia Ora Beach Resort, Sofitel’s Moorea Ia Ora Beach Resort, Artskül, Fazup, Haas Wellness Center, Cutera, TruSculpt Flex, Truth in Hand, Sway, Sheer Necessity, Maine Island Soap, AMT Global, Path Water, Carvery Kitchen, Dreamy Creations, Sünder, Topo Chico, Sunny Blue and charities Pablove Foundation, Lollipop Theater Network and Inner City Arts. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

On 1/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, PAForrest said:

Well, three things.

First, he wrote this with Dan Loflin who was his writing partner at the time. Loflin kept the scripts balanced, and once Loflin moved on, Dabb's scripts weren't as tight or as good on his own.

The bigger element is the fact that he was simply a writer under Kripke. Kripke was the showrunner, he was a very hands-on showrunner, and so the producers were responsible for bringing his vision to the screen, not their own.

And finally, there was a writers room at the time. Scripts went through everyone, and changes were made, writing was tweaked.

On 1/25/2020 at 2:15 PM, Castiels Cat said:

Loflin wrote Citizen Fang by himself and that script was pretty tight. 

Yes Reichenbach was excellent however I always had the feeling that Carver had a heavy hand in it since it drew heavily on themes from earlier Carver scripts and closely built on the premiere episode. I do not think Dabb had it in him to write something so good and nuanced and drenched in canon and subtext.

Don't forget Kim Manner. Things went uphill after Manners came on board and downhill after he died. The Manner years were the high point for Kripke.

Taken to "B vs J."

3 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Padalecki's watching tonights ep

EPkqDlhWoAEGKyV?format=jpg&name=medium

I thought this was a sweet little picture. He seems like he’s in a good place right now. 

• Like 5

Somebody associated with Kansas has got to be a hardcore Supernatural fan. The single headstone with the singular Winchester on it is a pretty specific reference to the show.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Somebody associated with Kansas has got to be a hardcore Supernatural fan. The single headstone with the singular Winchester on it is a pretty specific reference to the show.

That may be, but the band having their original song featured as the opener of each finale must be making them a nice figure. Think of all the re-runs, DVDs as well as 15 seasons of finales. I did appreciate that they made a surprise appearance at Comic Con, so yes, probably fans of the show. I'm glad they did the homage as well. Hope you enjoyed. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, FlickChick said:

That may be, but the band having their original song featured as the opener of each finale must be making them a nice figure. Think of all the re-runs, DVDs as well as 15 seasons of finales. I did appreciate that they made a surprise appearance at Comic Con, so yes, probably fans of the show. I'm glad they did the homage as well. Hope you enjoyed. 

I just reposted. I never seen them in concert but I do have most of their albums.

• Like 2

Speaking of TNT, for those who don't watch the re-runs, they rotate almost the entire cast, sitting and saying either "Welcome to Supernatural on TNT" or "Welcome back...". They even have Baby's lights flashing and honking with the words on the screen. They love the Supernatural re-runs - it's their #1 daytime show.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

Speaking of TNT, for those who don't watch the re-runs, they rotate almost the entire cast, sitting and saying either "Welcome to Supernatural on TNT" or "Welcome back...". They even have Baby's lights flashing and honking with the words on the screen. They love the Supernatural re-runs - it's their #1 daytime show.

Yeah it plays I think from 10am until 2 or 3pm every day. I watch it if I work from home or when I’m home sick or when I’m just playing hooky. 🙂

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Yeah it plays I think from 10am until 2 or 3pm every day. I watch it if I work from home or when I’m home sick or when I’m just playing hooky. 🙂

I've been watching non-stop since last week, and I have to say the old episodes sure do stand up well.

I watched John's funeral pyre today and got so teary-eyed at the thought of watching something similar for Dean. 💔

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

9 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

I've never seen this interview before.  He is so cute here...

How cute is that? "65 Impala", oh, Jensen. But you can already see how much he likes Dean. 🙂

• Like 9
  • Laugh 3

4 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

How cute is that? "65 Impala", oh, Jensen. But you can already see how much he likes Dean. 🙂

You can also see a little bit of the nervousness that he is hiding pretty well.  The teacher in me, always enjoy seeing a person grow in their craft.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

You can also see a little bit of the nervousness that he is hiding pretty well.  The teacher in me, always enjoy seeing a person grow in their craft.

He definitely got more used to being interviewed and being "Jensen" in front of crowds instead of Dean over the years.  You can see it in the early cons as well, and how he grew from being nervous to appreciating the audience to really enjoying the interaction and playing into it.  Ditto for his singing as well.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

No wonder he needed to get home!!

I think that is from the Golden Globes day

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

No wonder he needed to get home!!

They are Adorable.🥰

• Like 3

Jared finishing the marathon, he did very well, especially considering he slowed several times to high five fans. 

• Like 7

On 2/14/2020 at 2:22 AM, Casseiopeia said:

EQsj0AcWoAATFan?format=jpg&name=large

I have seen very little of Jensen on SM over the last weeks and am assuming (probably incorrectly!) that he is spending time recording.  For me personally I really really hope that this is NOT what he will be doing in the future, ok if it is a hobby but I want to see him on my screen "acting" not singing.  Although I like his music it is not something I am particularly into so I am missing him.  Not to set off anything as I don't think they need to be in each others pockets all the time - I was hoping to see him cheering on Jared - which I am sure he did but not on SM I guess!  Guess this is a sign of things to come when no more Supernatural, missing Jensen!  I will almost definitely not be watching Jared in Walker, not my sort of programme at all unfortunately.

My guess is that Jensen and Steve are working on Vol. 2. Jensen said music was a side project for him and he could do it anywhere, but that his main focus  would be finding on camera work.

So I hope he has some offers already.

• Like 5

Pretty Little Liars' Keegan Allen Joins The CW's Walker as the Texas Ranger's Gay, Conservative Younger Brother

That just does not seem right!

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

I was a bit gutted that they gave "Walker" a brother - from a drama point of view, IMHO, a sister would have been better, a married sister who welcomed his children into her home, so she's resentful, given the commitments his situation has forced her to juggle, yet she still loves him - but that's just the writer in me :o)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

I was a bit gutted that they gave "Walker" a brother - from a drama point of view, IMHO, a sister would have been better, a married sister who welcomed his children into her home, so she's resentful, given the commitments his situation has forced her to juggle, yet she still loves him - but that's just the writer in me 🐵

Nah--they need a younger male to attract the CW demographic.  Especially if Jared is the "elder statesman" of the show, they need someone else to screw up/cause conflicts.  Plus they can encourage canon slashfic.  

• Like 2

Sorry Jared, but Walker sounds easy to make a pass on.  I guess the other actors have enough fans that they might pull them in?  Don't know since I haven't watched any of the shows they've been on. 

I may be young in heart but age wise older than Jensen...lol

• Like 1

I actually think Walker will be a success (as measured by CW). Jared has a fanbase, the character of Walker kind of feeds into a passionate segment of the American public, and CW gives pretty much every show at least a few seasons. I'm not sure what you'd have to produce not to get renewed. I have a feeling it'll be around a while.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I actually think Walker will be a success (as measured by CW). Jared has a fanbase, the character of Walker kind of feeds into a passionate segment of the American public, and CW gives pretty much every show at least a few seasons. I'm not sure what you'd have to produce not to get renewed. I have a feeling it'll be around a while.

And the female lead is Lindsay Morgan who has her own fanbase from the 100. The CW obviously cast in-house to keep viewers of exiting shows via the actors.

Overall, I think it's gonna depend on how they do the material. Obviously not like the old Walker because that is an audience too old for the CW. I'm not quite sure if/how the network wants to rebrand long-term. It is known for teen-oriented shows, used to be female teen (genre) drama, currently more for superhero shows. Shows too outside of the brand struggle the most.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 1

It's going to be weird any way you look at it. Although it looks like Jared is still playing the bit of a screwed up brother...which kind of sucks.

• Laugh 1

I read that the Pilot script has leaked and it looks like a Walker ego trip where every character only talks about him, even when he is not onscreen. When he is, he is of course awesome.  Kinda like Poochie. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

It's going to be weird any way you look at it. Although it looks like Jared is still playing the bit of a screwed up brother...which kind of sucks.

No--Jared is the older brother, which means he's always right! 😊

I have no interest whatsoever in the show (and even less now with all the spoilers/spec around).  Luckily, I'm way out of the CW's demographics, so they won't care.  

• Like 4

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here for discussion of the social media / public appearance items themselves only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.