Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, rue721 said:

Also, I am really impressed by Jensen's graciousness. He was such a gentleman. This is so weird for one adult to say about another but he's a really good role model, isn't he?

He really is someone to aspire to be like, in my opinion. He's a 'guy' when it comes to the joking and teasing and whiskey drinkin', etc. But we've been able to watch him mature into a father, a leader (something so many of his peers have attested to) and an amazing friend. As much as I admire him physically, I respect him even more.

• Love 13

I finally watched the afternoon panel, and I found their responses to the question about the progression of the show from the 200th to the 300th.

Jensen- It was 100 more episodes. 

Jared- Before he went off on a tangent he compared it to baseball and how to a casual observer baseball can be boring and slow because it looks like nothing is happening and then went off on this huge tangent.  Did he suddenly realize what he was saying and tried to get out of it.  He was basically saying that the show looked boring, slow and nothing happened.  LMAO. 

He's not wrong.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Jared- Before he went off on a tangent he compared it to baseball and how to a casual observer baseball can be boring and slow because it looks like nothing is happening and then went off on this huge tangent.  Did he suddenly realize what he was saying and tried to get out of it.  He was basically saying that the show looked boring, slow and nothing happened.  LMAO.  

Jared also said that in baseball it seems like nothing is happening but in reality, there is always something happening, which is true. (I am a baseball fan.)I think he was trying to say that there is a lot going on which it may not seem like it to the casual viewer. It seems like nothing g happens and then everything happens at once. But I honestly don't think he nor Jensen were bashing the show. I think they can't articulate the depth and breadth of how they have changed in a short Time. I think Jensen was just trying to be funny because it's a complex answer. That's how I think they meant it.  I think Jensen was trying to reel in Jared because he was kind of all over the place in that panel.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

It's really bad when even the official show twitter has no clue what's happening on its own show.

And yet so predictable at this point.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

JFC, is there anything this guy can't do?? He's amazing!

Acutually, he's not that great a mountain biking.  Jensen told a funny (kind of) story about this. 

Found it.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

Who votes for the BOTVA.  It's interesting that Beat the Devil won out over ScoobyNatural. 

It's online open vote to all. Should only be one vote per IP address during the final rounds. I can tell you I voted for only two categories this time. I thought it was weird that Alex who is  Canadian, didn't even get a nom for Jack. My guess is that Lucifer, Jack, and Gabriel fans came out for that episode.

Scoobynatural seemed like a shoo in so I didn't bother to vote. Whoops

• Love 1

Re; The 2018 SeaCon J2 Gold Panel, do they pre-screen the questions at all?  I watched it for the mountain biking story (which, classic!) and was dismayed when someone asked Jared how Jensen supported him during his depression periods.  I realize people project that they actually know Jared and Jensen but come on.  That's a deeply personal question that I would hesitate asking a close family member.  In a public forum?  To people you have never met, except maybe a photo opp?  Inappropriate!

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Re; The 2018 SeaCon J2 Gold Panel, do they pre-screen the questions at all?  I watched it for the mountain biking story (which, classic!) and was dismayed when someone asked Jared how Jensen supported him during his depression periods.  I realize people project that they actually know Jared and Jensen but come on.  That's a deeply personal question that I would hesitate asking a close family member.  In a public forum?  To people you have never met, except maybe a photo opp?  Inappropriate!

They aren't supposed to dump all their issues on the J's during panels but it doesn't stop them from asking them coping (they aren't licensed therapist)  Q's.  I agree it is inappropriate and it seems like the J's try to answer as politely as they can and move on as quickly as they can.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Cringe!  Do people have no filter, or common sense?  If,  all being well, I get to the Toronto con as planned, I intend to put forward a polite, considered question about their work.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Frost said:

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

They aren't supposed to dump all their issues on the J's during panels but it doesn't stop them from asking them coping (they aren't licensed therapist)  Q's.  I agree it is inappropriate and it seems like the J's try to answer as politely as they can and move on as quickly as they can.

46 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Cringe!  Do people have no filter, or common sense?  If,  all being well, I get to the Toronto con as planned, I intend to put forward a polite, considered question about their work.

This x1000. It got out of control in 2016 and they made 'rules' late in that year, MOST fans know better and I've seen some self-policing.  BUT there are a ton of people whose emotional dependancy (LITERALLY) on the positive messages from J2 is what causes them to pay for conventions.  And sometime these people just cannot stop themselves.  Creation jumps in when they can -- and I think Jensen's comments at JIBCON (about needing to take a knee during autographs) also helped.  But we haven't rooted out the potential for someone just INSISTING on going over the line (despite guidelines, threats, literal emotinal counselors THERE at the convention standing by to help).  I will also say the individual M&G's for Jared are the most dicey -- WORSE than this question at the 2018 SeaCon.  Those are 20 people small meeting rooms -- it's impossible to put that genie back in the bottle if a fan goes there.  I think they ought to add a version of Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) -- like a privacy agreement -- for M&G's.  They've already told folks that if they publish what is said, they lose con priveledges.  The 'code of conduct' says to not ask personal questions -- but we need something with more teeth to stop the 15 min 'story of how you saved my life' questions in those M&G's.  It's heartbreaking to hear but totally inappropriate for the J's and Misha to deal with (Misha also gets a lot of the 'you save the world' stories).  

Bottom Line: it's gotten steadily better in the open forum that you see on youtube - but there's no stopping a determined questioner.  The M&G's have improved a bit but definitely need work.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

This is all on the Creation people, in my opinion, at least for J2 and Misha. You don't just get to randomly ask questions, or even line up to ask questions. You put your name in a box and they draw 20 names and you get to line up in that order. The 'handler' asks you what your question is before you get to the mic. So either a) these people lie and then ask what they want to anyway, or b) they tell the handler and they allow it. Either way, it's on Creation to handle this. I am 1000% sure it would only take one or two people being kicked out of the con for asking inappropriate questions and people would start to think twice about it. They put these 'rules' in place and then don't enforce them. It's not on Jensen or Jared or Misha to have to hurt someone's feelings by not answering (they would be eviscerated by this so-called 'family). Since this 'family' won't respect their heroes, it's on Creation to protect their stars.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

It's not on Jensen or Jared or Misha to have to hurt someone's feelings by not answering (they would be eviscerated by this so-called 'family). Since this 'family' won't respect their heroes, it's on Creation to protect their stars.

I agree.  The convention organizers need to be the 'bad guys' and shut that stuff down.   I am so impressed that the cast hasn't just SNAPPED, gone the William Shatner route and shouted "get a life!" at some of these people.  I suffer from depression myself and know how devastating it can be, but you can't just go dumping it in public and projecting onto people you don't even know.  That's not a healthy way to cope.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That con moment makes me think of some other cringeworthy moments like the woman who corrected Jensen's pronunciation of "Nevada" at VegasCon 2017 (I think), the man who insinuated that Mark Pellegrino had slept with Danneel, and the woman who asked Jensen about how he felt about Danneel's nude scenes in Ten Inch Hero.  Talk about entitlement.  And the ick factor.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

I just hope they (writers, producers, showrunners) do it RIGHT. End it how it started, brothers, together.  No JackerNatural or LuciNatural or WaywardSues. 

Me too, so very, very much! ... though I don't have much hope given the current writing team. I wish some of the greats would come back and guest write (is that thing?) or at least Kripke coming back and writing the finale.

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, trudysmom said:

I just hope they (writers, producers, showrunners) do it RIGHT. End it how it started, brothers, together.  No JackerNatural or LuciNatural or WaywardSues. 

Your fingertips to Kripke's ears, please baby cheeses.  And not a season full of cameos and winks to the audience. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Your fingertips to Kripke's ears, please baby cheeses.  And not a season full of cameos and winks to the audience. 

I really only want a cohesive, well crafted end that honors the characters.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, Casseiopeia said:

Holy crap...I was expecting this but wow.  I don't even know how to feel.  Supernatural and this cast has been a huge part of my life for 8 years.   Cry?

A little bit, yeah. 

• Love 7

All good things come to an end.  I'm sad that it's ending, but do feel that it's time.  But it's more than just the show ending.  These people have invited us into their personal lives, and I think I'll miss those glimpses as much, if not more, than the show itself.

• Love 11

I've mentioned many times that I thought it was best to end the show before these substandard writers and showrunner could completely march it into a sewer. It is sad though, and I can only hope and pray that the Js get to influence the end story. Because I have ZERO faith in Dabb to give the characters (and faithful fans) the ending they deserve.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, FlickChick said:

I've mentioned many times that I thought it was best to end the show before these substandard writers and showrunner could completely march it into a sewer. It is sad though, and I can only hope and pray that the Js get to influence the end story. Because I have ZERO faith in Dabb to give the characters (and faithful fans) the ending they deserve.

Agreed. 

For me the only truly sad thing about it ending is that (presumably) Dabb will be the one to take it out. If only Kripke would come back for the final season. 

I wonder if it will be a full 20  or truncated like Arrow. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

For me the only truly sad thing about it ending is that (presumably) Dabb will be the one to take it out. If only Kripke would come back for the final season. 

I wonder if it will be a full 20  or truncated like Arrow. 

I believe it was announced as 20. 

It's time, the show is creatively bankrupt. And It's concerning that the finale is in the hands of the current showrunners.

But it's bittersweet too. I will miss these characters. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

I believe it was announced as 20. 

It's time, the show is creatively bankrupt. And It's concerning that the finale is in the hands of the current showrunners.

But it's bittersweet too. I will miss these characters. 

I’ve been mourning this show since season 11 but finally got over it a few months ago. Still weird that it’s finally happening but the writing was so on the wall this year. I think some people finally realized that they overstayed their welcome.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I really only want a cohesive, well crafted end that honors the characters.

So say we all. 

Sadly, I'm not sure I trust the current regime to deliver this.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, bethy said:

So say we all. 

Sadly, I'm not sure I trust the current regime to deliver this.

The most I’m hoping for is they live at the end so the J’s can get their movie with script approval and people they want to work with BEFORE they sign the contract.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

A little bit, yeah. 

Yeah seriously I'm sitting here crying my eyes out even though I think it's the right decision(and probably should have been made a while ago).  This show and fandom has part of my life since Sept 2005, the night it premiered.  Through TWOP, various message boards(there used to be a bunch of them in the first few seasons), yahoo groups lists, Livejournal, and finally Tumblr(which IMO isn't really a great place for fandom, it's great for pictures but well nigh impossible to have decent discussion because it's mostly an echo chamber, livejournal was far superior for that) and this place. 🙂  

So I still feel really sad about this.  Also hopeful, I hope Jensen is able to find some good projects after this because I'm excited to see his spread his wings(which you think playing an archangel would have let him do but not with the current group of writers and producers on Dabbnatural doing everything in their power to clip them). 

But yep, no doubt as much as I've wanted this to happen in some ways(though I think more I wanted the show to live up to it's potential instead of whatever, imo, the current showrunners have been doing for the last couple years), I read this about half an hour ago and was still kind of heartbroken it was coming to an end.

1 hour ago, Lastcall said:

The most I’m hoping for is they live at the end so the J’s can get their movie with script approval and people they want to work with BEFORE they sign the contract.

You know I'd be down for that.  I don't want them to die(a nice open ending that basically leaves thing essentially where they should be with the brothers still hunting(there's nothing I hate worse than a show that ends by "breaking up the band" and sending everyone off in different directions, doing new things LOL), Dean back in his rightful place as a brilliant hunter(including all the lore and amazing instincts that went with it) instead of team chauffeur and babysitter.   I want the J's to get script and director/writer, etc approval and to get a GOOD final film.  That way they can "kick it in the ass" in TRUE Supernatural fashion, something that would make the late Kim Manners proud, he always seemed to have the best vision for what the show could be at it's best.

• Love 6