Type keyword(s) to search

Cash Cab - General Discussion

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I've been watching the celebrity episodes...and while the celebrity aren't usually much help(*), people riding with a celebrity seem to do well. I'm not sure if the questions are easier, the contestants are screened, or it's just a coincidence. But I can imagine nobody's agent wants their client sitting in the cab when the passengers are kicked out.

(*) Dave Foley was a massive exception to this. He was a huge help to people who really needed it.

12 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

I've been watching the celebrity episodes...and while the celebrity aren't usually much help(*), people riding with a celebrity seem to do well. I'm not sure if the questions are easier, the contestants are screened, or it's just a coincidence. But I can imagine nobody's agent wants their client sitting in the cab when the passengers are kicked out.

(*) Dave Foley was a massive exception to this. He was a huge help to people who really needed it.

More brains and different knowledge points helps in a game like this. I do wonder if the Social Media Shoutout was done on actual social media or just a group of people in a room.

4 hours ago, Skyfall said:

I do wonder if the Social Media Shoutout was done on actual social media or just a group of people in a room.

You can find the Social Media Shoutout posts on the CashCab facebook page. At this point, you have to scroll down a fair amount to see them.

I wouldn't put it past them to have a few ringers pitching in with the right answer, but it hardly seems necessary, especially when the folks at home can google for the answer if they want to.

22 hours ago, Latverian Diplomat said:

But I can imagine nobody's agent wants their client sitting in the cab when the passengers are kicked out.

I just saw the second Gilbert Godfrey episode and they got kicked out with him, but I was left with the impression he was going to get back in the cab for a ride to wherever he wanted to be.

• Love 1
On 12/16/2017 at 2:10 PM, Ailianna said:

I just saw the second Gilbert Godfrey episode and they got kicked out with him, but I was left with the impression he was going to get back in the cab for a ride to wherever he wanted to be.

Yes I just saw an episode where

Spoiler

Princeton graduate Brooke Shields

went down in flames, and left the cab.

Edited by Latverian Diplomat
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 6:58 PM, Latverian Diplomat said:

And the guy from The Goldbergs too lazy to look up his name right now haha. I believe he answered like 75% of the questions ?

Edited by Skyfall
  • Love 1

There's a LOT of editing going on though.  Not only have I never taken a 40 block ride in Manhattan in under 10 minutes (HA!), but every once in a while I catch it where the money doesn't add up for the questions we've seen.  And when they edit it down so you only see the celebrity give the answer with no discussion of the group's process, it can look like the celebrity doing all the work.  You see it in non-celebrity shows when the person in the answer seat seems to have all the answers.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Ailianna said:

There's a LOT of editing going on though.  Not only have I never taken a 40 block ride in Manhattan in under 10 minutes (HA!), but every once in a while I catch it where the money doesn't add up for the questions we've seen.  And when they edit it down so you only see the celebrity give the answer with no discussion of the group's process, it can look like the celebrity doing all the work.  You see it in non-celebrity shows when the person in the answer seat seems to have all the answers.

Yeah a lot of editing

• Love 1

I think I've seen all of the celebrity editions that have aired. Does anyone know if there are plans to do any more? 

I love Dave Foley (long time KITH fan) - I wish he could be a regular!

Has Brooke Shields always been so twitchy? I found her distracting to watch!

• Love 1
On 7/2/2019 at 9:33 PM, AntiBeeSpray said:

It's a bummer it didn't last on Discovery, but I'm glad that Bravo picked it up. Love that show.

Yay! This is great news - I can't wait to see the new episodes! Anyone know when they'll start airing?

• Love 1

My DVR picked up an episode on non-pay cable I hadn't seen a few days ago, had different opening credits.  Would this have been from the Bravo run?  Are those on a package like Discovery+?  I'm proposing Ben Bailey for new Jeopardy host.

Edited by Totale
  • Love 1

I just stumbled across Cash Cab Canada on some obscure channel (AXStv).  They're repeats from 2021.  It's fun, just like the original, and the host is less "extra" than I thought Ben Bailey became.  Actually, one difference, which I like, is the questions are more difficult!

• Like 1