Type keyword(s) to search

Anticipation For The Witcher

• Start Topic

What I hope the most is, that they'll do justice to Geralt/Yen, Geralt&Dandelion and Yennefer&Ciri relationships. As much as I like the games, I feel like they really didn't capture those well. And those are arguably three most important relationships in the books.

• Love 2

Except Cavill and MyAnna Buring, I've never seen anything with those actors, but I hope they'll be good. I'm surprised they cast Fringilla so early, I wonder if they're going to give her some backstory that wasn't present in the books. Either way I'm happy, I always liked Fringilla, and she only appears in the later books, so I'm glad we get more of her.

Edited by Kasienka

Doesn't look bad. It will get some time to get used to seeing Cavill!Geralt , but he was so good in The Man from UNCLE, I have faith in him. I hope after book!Geralt and game!Geralt we will have another great version of the character. Fingers crossed TV Show! Geralt won't dissapoint!

• Love 1

Cavill looks fantastic IMO. Love the armor. And I'm very pleased that  the logo includes symbols of  not only Geralt , but also Ciri and Yen. I hope it means the show will focus on those three equally. Now just show me Jaskier:)

Something just came to mind. This show is only being made due to the games, W3 especially. But the showrunner has said that the series won't be influenced by the games. Even if the timeline reaches the game era, they'll probably do something different. Why? Why not capitalise on the the success of the games, unless CDPR wanted too much for their part of the rights. If it was me, I would borrow from the games for the look of the show, at the very least.

We don't really know what was their deal with Sapkowski who's opinions on the games are well known. He always said the games are not canon and IIRC he said he may write one day his own continuation. It's very likely that Netflix bought the rights not only to existing books , but also those that could potentially be written one day. Also I'm not really into law, but I'm not sure if CDPR can sold their rights to  The Witcher to anyone? Geralt is still Sapowski's character after all.

Aside from this, I'm actually glad that showrunner decided to do their own thing and interpret the books in their own way, without games influencing it. The games and books will always be there and I'm open to some new things. The most important for me is faithfull adaptation of the themes of the Witcher and relationships between characters.

• Love 1