Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E10: Line of Fire

• Start Topic

On 12/13/2017 at 11:49 PM, willco said:

Boy, they telegraphed that about a mile away ! Anytime a show has a person sitting in a chauffeured limousine and then they pan the camera to the window, all you have to do is count to "2" and Bam ! , they are rammed by a truck. I've seen that so often, I would have been shocked if it didn't happen. Yeah, this has not been a good year for tv wives ! I've always liked the actress, so I'm kind of sorry to see her go, but maybe this will be the nudge the show needs to get back to more exciting stories ? I loved the show last year, this year it's been a bit of a bore.

According to Imdb, Natasha M. ( the First lady) asked to be released from the show, she has another series in the works. So at least it was her decision.

Yeah, when she left the touching voicemail and the next scene has her sitting in the limo, you just know tragedy is about to strike.  I thought it was weird that they would notify the President of the United States of his wife’s death by calling him on his cell phone, though.

I did not especially care for the First Lady.  She seemed incredulous that anyone would criticize the fact that her mother took a bribe. (oh, but it was for a good reason so that makes it ok).

I feel bad for Tom and the little daughter, but Alex’s death will just give the teenage son another reason to be all pouty next season.  Ugh.

• Love 9
On 12/13/2017 at 8:03 PM, marinw said:

OMG.

I actually really enjoyed this episode. It’s amazing how much better things are when the writers focus on three stories instead of eight or nine.

Another one of Kiefer's wives goes down. Great job, secret service!

The Kiefer howl of manpain did not disappoint, even if it we didn’t hear it. For DS that was remarkably restrained.

It was cagey of Tom not to mention the use of real blood to Cabin Christian. “She didn’t comprise her beliefs” while leaving out the part that Mom’s beliefs may have undergone a shift.

I may be alone here, but I like Lyor.

I knew Damien was wearing a vest.

13 hours ago, MerBearHou said:

See, I think it would be cool for a new story direction that the First Lady was indeed murdered.  That could be juicy.  And yes, Hannah would handle the entire investigation. ;)

Too bad there isn’t room in the FBI budget to hire a second agent for Washington, D.C.  Poor Hannah has to handle every crisis almost singlehandedly.

• Love 14
8 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

So, I guess you're not going to Hawaii then, Hannah?  Unless you take Chuck with you.

Upon arrival, they get suspicious when Keri Russell appears as an overly friendly / nosy "beach neighbour"... 

• Love 6
23 hours ago, paigow said:

POTUS has manpain...and also phone pain...bruised his Samsung something awful...

When he dropped the phone I thought it might explode, destroy the White House, and kill everyone except the indestructible Kiefer.

• Love 4

Brit was guilty, got caught, and wanted to die. He commuted suicide on that bridge. He’s not stupid, he knew the second he reached his hand into his pocket she had no choice but to kill him. He could have easily went to jail by putting his hands behind his head. I hope chuck gets a chance now, but every time chuck tries to have a moment Hannah friendzones him.

why does everybody hate the children so much? Yea there not great to be main characters or anything but that preview of penny broke my heart 

Killing and replacing Alex will either be the demise of or the saving grace of this show. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, paigow said:

Designated Smartphone will document the struggles to rebuild a cracked display and charging port...

Might be more compelling than much of what we've seen thus far.

7 hours ago, Addie1917 said:

Brit was guilty, got caught, and wanted to die. He commuted suicide on that bridge. He’s not stupid, he knew the second he reached his hand into his pocket she had no choice but to kill him. He could have easily went to jail by putting his hands behind his head. I hope chuck gets a chance now, but every time chuck tries to have a moment Hannah friendzones him.

why does everybody hate the children so much? Yea there not great to be main characters or anything but that preview of penny broke my heart 

Killing and replacing Alex will either be the demise of or the saving grace of this show. 

But he didn't die.

• Love 3

I like this show because of the characters (Tom, Emily, Seth, Aaron, Lyor) and the actors.  However, it does get a bit ridiculous that Hannah is evidently the only FBI agent in Washington, D.C.   Her romance with the Brit was not believeable -- he had no personality, no charisma, and the two actors had zero chemistry.  Perhaps I could buy that they would fall into bed together, but there was absolutely nothing in the writing or the performances to convince me that she truly loved and adored this man.  Therefore I didn't buy her feeling of being heartbreakingly betrayed.

I thought the whole religious fanatics story was weird.  They were willing to die a horrible death because of their objection to blood transfusions.  The baby ended up GETTING THE TRANSFUSION!  Yes, the mother changed her mind but that doesn't mean that the pastor and his flock changed their minds.  After being so hard-headed and untrusting of the authorities, the pastor just kind of says "well okay then" when Tom tells them that the baby survived the surgery and the mother's beliefs "weren't compromised."  The pastor went from unrelenting fanatic to reasonable guy in about two seconds.  

I was not sorry to see the first lady go.  The actress is a lovely woman but for some reason I didn't care for the character.  This will open up new opportunities for storylines for our beloved President.  Don't you wish we had a Tom Kirkman in real life? (not necessarily as Prez, but in the Congress, Senate, local city council or SOMEWHERE -- he's just so darn ethical!!)

• Love 4

Oh, I forgot one other quibble.  Hannah buys the Brit a watch and says "be sure to put this on right away."  I'm sure a secret agent would never find THAT suspicious.  All of us poor slobs at home knew immediately that there would be a bug in it, but not our clever British agent.

• Love 9
On 12/13/2017 at 11:25 PM, ApplePie said:

Also, is there really a religion out there that doesn't believe in using blood transfusions? 

The girls singing were cute and I felt bad that no one wanted to listen to them.

The First Lady didn't really add anything to the show for me and I'm glad she's gone. I agree with what the showrunner said here about her death: http://tvline.com/2017/12/13/designated-survivor-recap-season-2-episode-10-alex-dies-first-lady/ 

Jehovah's Witnesses are well-known for refusing blood transfusions. It also extends to family members. I had a patient whose family was JW, but he himself was willing to accept blood transfusions. Those transfusions saved his life, but he was very clear that his family could not know, or he would be banned from the community (ex-communicated).

The link you posted references Michael Vaughn (Alias), and that was exactly what I thought when watching the episode. Spoiler alert - Michael Vaughn didn't really die (and his name isn't Michael Vaughn ;) ).

However, knowing that the actress is leaving the show really does make it believable that the first lady did die.

On 12/14/2017 at 2:58 AM, dwmarch said:

I can see it being a hygiene rule before the concept of hygiene really existed. Non-refrigerated blood would spoil quickly and wouldn't be good for much except getting other people sick. So at some point some priest/doctor said "God says this stuff is bad, don't mess with it." But I don't recall any particular prohibition in scripture that specifies exactly what God will do to someone who disobeys this. That was what I would have asked the lady in the first place. Okay, you're going to defy God's will to save your daughter. First and foremost, if God is indeed all powerful, can you defy Him? And second, supposing you do and you have now offended God with your blasphemy (neverminding the fact that one having the ability to offend God means that one has power over God), what exactly is the Almighty going to do to settle the score with you that would be worse than killing your baby?!

I believe hygiene/safety is also the reason some religions don't eat pork.

Some people have a belief system that leads them to prefer their child dying and going to heaven instead of living a bit longer, dying and going to hell for accepting a blood product. However, as a healthcare provider, it is incredibly frustrating and demoralizing to know that you are endangering a child's life simply because you are prevented from providing that child with the best available care.

• Love 2
On 12/14/2017 at 8:53 AM, oakville said:

I think the motorcade was filmed on University Avenue in Toronto. There is no way that a truck would be allowed to crash into the motorcade,

It was so obviously University Avenue. Pretty sure the building they took her to was the courthouse by Osgoode.

On 12/14/2017 at 3:09 PM, Biggie B said:

The British agent - of course he's still alive! And why the HELL did he not just SAY to Hannah, "Here is the explanation of what's really going on [explanation provided], and I can show you XYZ that will support what I'm telling you!" Don't tell her that you have some magical thing in your pocket that will explain everything - TELL Hannah exactly what you have, and why it's relevant. Why oh why does it always happen that Character A says to Character B, "I can explain everything," yet they never do. JUST SAY IT! USE YOUR WORDS!

Exactly.  At worst, just have her retrieve the Magic Macguffin from your pocket (ummm, did that sound dirty?)

On 12/14/2017 at 8:15 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have, but a couple of points on the holdouts.  One, if they were on federal property, they are trespassing after they have been ordered to evacuate, and can be forcibly removed if necessary.  Two, if they are on a private inholding within the NF or NP, the county sheriff has the authority to forcibly remove them if necessary.  Public relations be damned.  Three, if evacuation was not going to work at all, it would be a simple matter to burn everything around the cabin for a couple of hundred feet and soak the cabin with foam, and then wrap it in fire protective material.  I was a wildland firefighter before retirement and these things really do work, but they have the negative effect of taking all the melodrama out of tv shows.

If someone decides not to evacuate, that's on them.  I'd have made them watch a video of the effects of smoke inhalation, though.

On 12/14/2017 at 8:41 PM, Blue Plastic said:

I'm still a bit confused as to why Foerstel went rogue and decided to persecute Alex even though she apparently had nothing to do with the Eric Little scandal.  Okay, so he's got political aspirations, but how does prosecuting an innocent woman help?  He's willing to just railroad her and figure the majority of the public will figure she's guilty?

See, from my perspective, Foerstel never did go rogue.  He was following where the clues led him, and was treating the First Family like ordinary citizens, which is what he was supposed to do.  If he wanted to be a Senator, that has nothing to do with the Eric Little investigation, so when the First Lady is done with her manifesto, ask "Are you done?" then go on the attack.  Moreover, despite what Mr Useless was whispering, there was NO reason to allow her to read the manifesto in the first place.  That's not how depositions are done.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Izzie234 said:

I like this show because of the characters (Tom, Emily, Seth, Aaron, Lyor) and the actors.  However, it does get a bit ridiculous that Hannah is evidently the only FBI agent in Washington, D.C.   Her romance with the Brit was not believeable -- he had no personality, no charisma, and the two actors had zero chemistry.  Perhaps I could buy that they would fall into bed together, but there was absolutely nothing in the writing or the performances to convince me that she truly loved and adored this man.  Therefore I didn't buy her feeling of being heartbreakingly betrayed.

I thought the whole religious fanatics story was weird.  They were willing to die a horrible death because of their objection to blood transfusions.  The baby ended up GETTING THE TRANSFUSION!  Yes, the mother changed her mind but that doesn't mean that the pastor and his flock changed their minds.  After being so hard-headed and untrusting of the authorities, the pastor just kind of says "well okay then" when Tom tells them that the baby survived the surgery and the mother's beliefs "weren't compromised."  The pastor went from unrelenting fanatic to reasonable guy in about two seconds.  

I was not sorry to see the first lady go.  The actress is a lovely woman but for some reason I didn't care for the character.  This will open up new opportunities for storylines for our beloved President. 

Don't you wish we had a Tom Kirkman in real life? (not necessarily as Prez, but in the Congress, Senate, local city council or SOMEWHERE -- he's just so darn ethical!!)

I agree that Natascha McElhone needed to go. Didn't care for the character - did she still practice law or was she on a sabbatical? I never knew what the heck she did all day. This is super shallow, but I hated her hair. HATED it. Those bangs and her Lady Godiva/grade school girl hair were so distracting that I couldn't even tell you a single outfit she wore on the show. I feel like we lost two characters:  Alex and her hair.

I also never saw any chemistry between Natascha & Kiefer, which I found odd. I never saw the romantic side of them, not even a glimpse. I know he's busy saving the world, but a scene here and there either with them in the residence having a candlelit meal for two or out on the town would have made their marriage much more believable in my eyes.

I don't see anything wrong with a real life Tom Kirkman residing at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue myself. I wish more folks in DC were like Kirkman, or any member of his staff for that matter. I especially wouldn't frown on many people who resemble Kal Penn and Adan Canto popping up on the Sunday morning news shows!

• Love 8

[Interior: Fancy Georgetown Bar]

[Hannah on her fourth Jack Daniels, looks at her ringing phone]

Hannah: Hi Chuck, wanna go to Hawaii???

Chuck: Maybe after we figure out why the tracker is in your apartment... 

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1
On 12/15/2017 at 5:30 AM, Izzie234 said:

Yeah, when she left the touching voicemail and the next scene has her sitting in the limo, you just know tragedy is about to strike.  I thought it was weird that they would notify the President of the United States of his wife’s death by calling him on his cell phone, though.

I did not especially care for the First Lady.  She seemed incredulous that anyone would criticize the fact that her mother took a bribe. (oh, but it was for a good reason so that makes it ok).

I feel bad for Tom and the little daughter, but Alex’s death will just give the teenage son another reason to be all pouty next season.  Ugh.

They use this same scenario to kill off Connie Britton's character on Nashville.

10 hours ago, jhlipton said:

That's not how depositions are done.

But the Romulan legal system allows this..Star Trek: TOS - "The Enterprise Incident" 

Spock exercises his right to a pre-execution confession aboard the Romulan cruiser. When the Romulan Commander orders him to stop spouting irrelevant facts, Spock counters that there are no restrictions on the content of his confession. Of course, this is merely a ruse allowing Kirk to steal the cloaking device....FLOTUS [or Kendra] must have seen the episode....

• Love 1
On 12/14/2017 at 2:58 AM, dwmarch said:

A bulletproof vest stops the bullet but not the kinetic energy. So Damian got hit in the chest right near his lungs by an object going about 900 miles an hour and it hit him hard enough to spin him around and off the bridge (which is funny because I didn't think Hannah was rocking a Desert Eagle, it looked like a 9mm or a .45 to me but I'm no gun expert). Hitting the water from that high up would also be the shits. And any river anywhere near DC in mid-December is going to be insanely cold. Wet leather is heavy and I am sure that even people with a fetish for it still don't enjoy swimming in it. And of course, in true 24-style this confrontation of the jilted lover takes place where there is no backup within easy reach. After Hannah shoots her prime suspect off a bridge she goes out drinking rather than filling out the infinite paperwork that would accompany such a profound screwup.

Look Designated Survivor, I know having Keifer Sutherland around makes cribbing from 24 irresistable. But steal the good stuff, not the bullshit!

I can see it being a hygiene rule before the concept of hygiene really existed. Non-refrigerated blood would spoil quickly and wouldn't be good for much except getting other people sick. So at some point some priest/doctor said "God says this stuff is bad, don't mess with it." But I don't recall any particular prohibition in scripture that specifies exactly what God will do to someone who disobeys this. That was what I would have asked the lady in the first place. Okay, you're going to defy God's will to save your daughter. First and foremost, if God is indeed all powerful, can you defy Him? And second, supposing you do and you have now offended God with your blasphemy (neverminding the fact that one having the ability to offend God means that one has power over God), what exactly is the Almighty going to do to settle the score with you that would be worse than killing your baby?!

The point of the episode  is, they don’t think that far into it, the Mother was taking his word at face value and Emily was trying to convince her to look deeper into it 

• Love 1
On December 13, 2017 at 10:25 PM, ApplePie said:

The First Lady didn't really add anything to the show for me and I'm glad she's gone. I agree with what the showrunner said here about her death: http://tvline.com/2017/12/13/designated-survivor-recap-season-2-episode-10-alex-dies-first-lady/ 

…TVLINE | To avoid dealing with any of the above, did you for a second consider an uncanny recast, as daytime-TV often does?
That would have been an insult to Natascha, who we feel has created a great character and who did a terrific job. We would never just swap out an actress

Huh. So that's why shows create plots when actors need to leave the show instead of going with the two Darrens routine? How did I not know this, and, more importantly, why is it "insulting"? I mean, if someone retires or takes a new job or dies in my place of work, the person is given a nice send off or eulogy, and then is replaced.

And this was the mid-season finale, not the season finale? I missed that too. Crap. Now I have to add the show back on my spreadsheet with a February 28th return date. Hmmm. Or not.

1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

Now I have to add the show back on my spreadsheet with a February 28th return date. Hmmm. Or not.

Besides hate-watching, Kiefer fans can rationalize that DS is more watchable than Touch 

• Love 1

I do not want to see Tom with Kim Raver. I’d love to see him with the actress who played the doctor Tammy.  There was a spark there. 

I like the Offspring.  Haven’t seen much of them at all this season, though. Too many stories for them to get any screen time. 

Lyor can leave any time.  Aaron needs more screen time. Mike was not with the First Lady- he had been with the President before he went to the hospital. That was after the First Lady has started her testimony. 

On 14/12/2017 at 3:09 PM, Biggie B said:

And even worse - Hannah shoots this guy, seemingly kills him, and then just goes off alone to a bar? I get that she was shaken to the core, but should she not have notified...someone??? Anyone?? Does she even have a boss anymore? Or is she just a contractor? 

On 14/12/2017 at 10:36 AM, chaifan said:

Doesn't Hannah have a clean up team to call?  Wouldn't it cause a bit of an issue if a dead body just washes ashore on the Potomac, and is then identified as a British citizen/gov't employee?  And at that range, she could have simply shot him in the hand/arm shoulder.  Sort of stupid writing.

That really drove me nuts, too. Obviously the body would be found at some point. It made no sense at all.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Huh. So that's why shows create plots when actors need to leave the show instead of going with the two Darrens routine? How did I not know this, and, more importantly, why is it "insulting"? I mean, if someone retires or takes a new job or dies in my place of work, the person is given a nice send off or eulogy, and then is replaced.

You don't pretend that the new person is the same one who just left.  That would be insulting to both the one that left and to the new hire.  He's not saying they won't add someone new in place of the First Lady, just that they're not recasting the role itself.

2 hours ago, paigow said:

Besides hate-watching, Kiefer fans can rationalize that DS is more watchable than Touch 

Only in BizarroLand.

On 12/14/2017 at 11:41 PM, Blue Plastic said:

So dumb.  Hannah seems to hate having backup unless it's a British double agent, then she loves it.  So funny that Aaron told her to assemble a team and she promptly goes off by herself but no surprise to anyone who's watched this show for more than a couple of episodes.  Though I did want her to ask "What team?" since the only team she's had for a while now has been herself, Chuck (not a field agent), and a British double agent.  In a basement.  The show used to at least hire some extras with "FBI" emblazoned on their caps, but those all seem to be gone now.  Foerstel doesn't seem to work with her anymore.  Everything Hannah works on is so hush-hush that only she, Chuck, and a foreign agent she barely knows and never vetted are allowed to work on it!

It did occur to me that maybe Chuck has been the double agent all along and has been sabotaging all Hannah's work all this time, BUT that might be interesting so probably not.  The bad guy always has to turn out to be someone we've barely seen.

I really wanted Alex to turn out to be bad, especially if she was going to be leaving the show anyway.  But that might be interesting, so nope.  I'm still a bit confused as to why Foerstel went rogue and decided to persecute Alex even though she apparently had nothing to do with the Eric Little scandal.  Okay, so he's got political aspirations, but how does prosecuting an innocent woman help?  He's willing to just railroad her and figure the majority of the public will figure she's guilty?

ETA:  Are we supposed to assume that Hannah took care of reporting the supposed "death" offscreen?  Surely even this show wouldn't expect us to believe that an agent can kill someone and there won't be some kind of investigation just as a formality if nothing else?

I had a long and lot of posts lined up but then realized I could just quote you for most of it, ha.

The good:  Getting rid of Alex.

The bad:  She was never evil so particularly pointless.

The questions: 

If you are clad in a Kevlar vest, and another law enforcement professional embraces you (as I feel Hannah was in fact doing to Damian on the bridge whilst they kissed), wouldn't the hugger be able to figure out that the huggee is, in fact, clad in Kevlar and thus impervious, before shooting them? 

What was in Damian's pocket?  Why didn't Hannah call for a dive team and ambulance to go after Damian?  Surely not even in the Land of the Designated Survivor, is there a world where FBI agents can shoot bad guys with impunity and just let their (presumed) corpses float away down the Potomac?

How can we swear that Chuck didn't clone, etc. Damian's phone instead, to the point where Chuck is in fact the baddie? 

What did Lyor want the kids to sing, and if they never finish it, what was the point?  Just so he could boss them around?  Shouldn't they at least be singing some sort of song to Seth (though not sure what that would be, but simply a callback based upon the fact of his earlier teasing conversation with Seth)?  Where was their adult chaperone during all this roaming about?  The West Wing would've clearly explained who those kids were, why they were there, and where they'd come from; but as we've mentioned many a time, this show is no West Wing.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 6
On 12/16/2017 at 6:46 PM, mythoughtis said:

I like the Offspring.  Haven’t seen much of them at all this season, though.

I haven't seen The Offspring at all!!  Dexter Holland, Greg Kriesel, Noodles, and Pete Parada would certainly brighten up an episode, but they're way too classy for this.

• Love 1

Also, is there really a religion out there that doesn't believe in using blood transfusions? 

Jehovahs Witnesses. Another reason everyone dislikes them.
Letting kids die of perfectly curable problems—not acceptable.

I suppose Christian Scientists might also refuse. My daughter’s caregiver was Christian Science and would not vaccinate her kids. Fortunately it was before this became a ‘thing’ and all the kids were protected by herd immunity. Her husband later refused treatment for cancer and died horribly.

Something the leader at that cabin said made me think they did recognize Christmas as Jesus' birth
Well, Christmas isn’t.
Jesus was probably born in the spring — when lambs are born and the sheep are in the fields. Witnesses don’t observe many common Christian rites.

I can see it being a hygiene rule before the concept of hygiene really existed.
Well no.Transfusions only began in the very late 19th century when hygiene and germ theory were well established.
It goes back to Kosher rules. Just as an animal killed under kosher practices has had the blood completely drained, and blood is not eaten by Jews, neither do the Witnesses allow blood to be absorbed in any other way.
There is no such prohibition for Jews.
I’m not Jewish. And I love blood sausage— which has been made, BTW, since well before hygiene was understood.

Was the baby supposed to be put back in the nursery post-op? Maybe Cardiac ICU instead???
You’d think NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) instead of in with all those babies who are being passed around among welcoming germy relations.
Although most babies go home within 24 hours nowadays, I gather.

I think the motorcade was filmed on University Avenue in Toronto.
I am having fun trying to identify the streets in Toronto. But I haven’t lived there in 40 years , so the best I can do is neighbourhoods.

So, I guess you're not going to Hawaii then, Hannah?  Unless you take Chuck with you.
She still has the tickets. And AgentShady Brit still has the (soggy) gps enabled watch.

The show used to at least hire some extras with "FBI" emblazoned on their caps, but those all seem to be gone now.
Well, the Canadian dollar has gone up (or the US dollar has dropped) since the show began. So extras may not be in the budget.

I feel like we lost two characters:  Alex and her hair.
I have a deep nd abiding detestation for "hollywood hair'. Those long carefully groomed locks on women over 40 pull me right out of the character.

This is what a professional woman looks like—https://tce-live2.s3.amazonaws.com/media/media/12018233-9296-419f-a72f-23be30fd1fce.jpg

• Love 2
10 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I haven't seen The Offspring at all!!  Dexter Holland, Greg Kriesel, Noodles, and Pete Parada would certainly brighten up an episode, but they're way too classy for this.

We all know Tom's pretty fly for a white guy...

• Love 1

Is it wrong that I actually laughed when Alex’s car was sideswiped by that truck? I mean, I saw it coming a mile away. It was a play right out of Nashville when Rayna was killed. But seroiusly, the First Lady is traveling in a caravan and the cops don’t close the side streets? what the holy fuck?????

other than that, I liked most of the show. Although Hannah shooting Damien and then walking away was pretty callous. I had a feeling he was wearing a vest, and I’m also not convinced he’s really guilty. But of course the Russians are involved. After all, the show has to be timely and topical, right? ::smh::

Poor Kiefer just can’t keep a wife/girlfriend alive, no matter what show he’s on!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Is it wrong that I actually laughed when Alex’s car was sideswiped by that truck?

I laughed too! Killing Kiefer’s wife was shocking and devastating-in 2002! The death of Terri Bauer will rip your heart out. This death…not so much. Time to try something new.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, marinw said:

The death of Terri Bauer will rip your heart out. This death…not so much. Time to try something new.

Frozen lavatory waste projectiles from airplanes flying to Reagan International Airport killing Lyor as he plays Call Of Duty with online buddies in Ukraine...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, marinw said:

I laughed too! Killing Kiefer’s wife was shocking and devastating-in 2002! The death of Terri Bauer will rip your heart out. This death…not so much. Time to try something new.

Even killing Audrey in the final season was tough. At least we were invested in her (sort of). Alex not so much. But the whole setup was far too predictable. If they wanted to kill her, couldn’t they have found a more original method? 

• Love 1

Well, aside from the fact that DC Metropolitan Police TOTALLY blockade cross streets** in a situation like that, IN ADDITIION, to a Secret Service rolling blockadge (thus 2 to 3 vehicles on each side of a cross street intersection) AND the fact that there's no fucking way POTUS' Secret Service detail would NOT have known before POTUS that there was an accident and whisked him away to a safe/private room or his own motorcade, I can't say I'll miss FLOTUS..  Couldn't she just have a cardiac issue a la Sharon Raydor (Major Crimes)????

metro Police assign cars to each intersection and they sit there until they are notified to close it down.  Then they close it down and EVERYONE sits there while the motorcade goes through.  And if it's high enough priority, they close the cross streets a black prior to the street to be taken.  And they blockade decoy routes as well.  It's not like they've never planned for something like that before...

Edited by jzygayle
  • Love 4
On 12/19/2017 at 9:42 AM, ali59 said:

Kristoffer Polaha

He's listed on IMDb now.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:31 AM, tvfanatic13 said:

Who played the sick baby's mother? I know her but cvan't place her.

That was "Carey", right?  IMDb has Emma Bell for that role.

Finally got around to this.  I knew Natascha McElhone was leaving (and I really can't blame her), so I wasn't too surprised when Alex bought it at the end.  Really, the only real interest here is if this really was just a traffic accident, or another big damn conspiracy to murder.  Honestly, with this show, I wouldn't put it past them to have it be a vengeful Forstell, since they've gone completely out of their way to make him a slimy, evil jerk for daring to actually investigate a case.  At least  Kiefer sold Kirkman's reaction at the end, but I'm not looking forward to the episodes of angst that will follow (and I have to imagine bring back his annoying children again.)

So, Hannah gets enough evidence to know that Damien is being shady on some levels and she.... confronts him alone on a bridge.  Brilliant work there, agent.  Not sure if he really is evil or has a reasonable explanation, but if he was truly innocent, how hard would it have been for him to just say "Find, go ahead and cuff me, but after that, I have evidence in my pocket that you might want to take a look at."  Don't just reach in your pocket.  Either he's an idiot or he wanted to her to shoot him since he had a vest on and he knows this is television, where he can survive a fall off of a bridge into a icy lake.

The stuff with the forest fires and religious group was dumb since it was obvious that they would figure something out for everyone to win.  Did get a kick out of seeing Kristoffer Polaha as the minister since Carlton Hanson on Mad Men and I still remember him years ago for that "so bad, it's good" North Shore, which also had James Remar and a pre-famous Jason Momoa.  Also recognized the baby's mom from the first season of The Walking Dead as Amy, Andrea's sister.

At this point, Kendra just needs to accept her sole purpose on this show is say things and watch everyone else just do the opposite of what she said.  She's just a soundboard here.  I know NCIS: New Orleans isn't art, but is this really a better gig for Zoe McLellan?

I am getting a kick out of the Seth/Lyor relationship at least.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
On 12/21/2017 at 7:45 PM, thuganomics85 said:

At least  Kiefer sold Kirkman's reaction at the end, but I'm not looking forward to the episodes of angst that will follow (and I have to imagine bring back his annoying children again.) Next episode takes place 10 weeks after- so no big funeral set piece or raging PTSD saga - Kirkman will be remarried or dating by then...

• Love 1

Hannah shoots the Brit and instead of calling in a team to dredge the river to find his body, she goes out drinking?   Seriously? 

I guess that Jehovah's Witnesses aren't as common as I thought they were judging from the number of posters who are unfamiliar with them. There is a large community of them where I live and several times a year they ring the doorbell to try and convert you.  They are always well dressed and  super polite and leave nicely when you tell them that you're not interested. But the transfusion thing is sad. There have been 2 cases in the last year here where women had complicated baby deliveries and required blood transfusions to survive.  They refused and died, leaving the husbands with brand new babies and no wives. They also don't celebrate birthdays, Christmas or anything else,  except for something similar to Easter at Easter time. 

Edited by AEMom
Typo
  • Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 8:33 AM, paigow said:

Frozen lavatory waste projectiles from airplanes flying to Reagan International Airport killing Lyor as he plays Call Of Duty with online buddies in Ukraine...

Aww, Lyor has kind of grown on me, but I have to admit this cracked me up!  

Mrs. Torqy and I use the verb "to Reese someone" after John Reese on Person of Interest, who was always T-boning people with medium-duty trucks.

Immediately thought of Jehovah Witnesses regarding Kristoffer Polaha's group. They seem to like our 'hood; there are usually 3 or 4 professionally dressed women making the rounds. They must have gotten a burn notice on us as they haven't rung our doorbell in a few years.