Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Episode Twenty-Two: Silent Night, Deadly Night

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, rmontro said:

That's true, he could have been hidden behind the couch.

Speaking of couches, did anyone else think get reminded of Twin Peaks (original series) when BH Santa from Betty's dream was climbing over the couch? The over exaggerated/uncanny valley way he was moving reminded me of long-grey-haired-killer-guy-that-somehow-turned-out-not-to-be-the-killer, so, foreshadowing? 

• Love 1

Speaking of couches, did anyone else think get reminded of Twin Peaks (original series) when BH Santa from Betty's dream was climbing over the couch? The over exaggerated/uncanny valley way he was moving reminded me of long-grey-haired-killer-guy-that-somehow-turned-out-not-to-be-the-killer, so, foreshadowing? 

Bob haunted my pre-teen nightmares for about a year, so -- yeah-- I saw the visual homage in that first dream of Santa climbing over the couch. *shudder*

• Love 1
5 hours ago, kmcarte said:

Hahaha there's the nod to Slient Night Deadly Night! BH Santa 

• Love 2
On 12/16/2017 at 11:50 AM, Mabinogia said:

Yes, it is not Jughead's place to decide what Penny has on her body. 

The right thing to do would be to tell her that "Ink doesn't make you a Serpent. You can get as many tattoos as you want, it does not make you a part of something. You are no longer a Serpent. All that tattoo is now is a reminder of the family you lost." 

I mean, it's a fucking tattoo. It doesn't mean anything. I could go get a Serpent tattoo, does that automatically make me one of them, and the only way out is to have it removed? Was FP going to get his removed when he said he was done? I

All things considered I thing scarring a line through the tattoo, as far as gang stuff goes it seems pretty benevolent. Yah, Jughead seems like such a puppy. It’s a loss of innocence, for sure  it is going to be harder to pry him away from the gang now. 

I think the tattoo is like a passport. If It’s revoked you don’t get to carry it around anymore. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Affogato said:

All things considered I thing scarring a line through the tattoo, as far as gang stuff goes it seems pretty benevolent. Yah, Jughead seems like such a puppy. It’s a loss of innocence, for sure  it is going to be harder to pry him away from the gang now. 

I think the tattoo is like a passport. If It’s revoked you don’t get to carry it around anymore. 

Yes, I think a writer has watched Sons of Anarchy, or any other gang show...outta the gang, the tat gets burned or cut off. I also think it was a mistake for Jug to go that route with Penny, because it's just a hard act to come back from, but it obviously didn't faze the other members, so I'm guessing it's not a new thing.

But this isn't the "normal" world where you wag your finger at the drug queenpin and tell her to leave because she's being mean. She threatened Jughead, was blackmailing multiple serpents which only gives her more and more leverage, and made not so subtle threats at Betty. I'm not defending the gang's actions, but she certainly wasn't some innocent. Theirs is a dark world. 

That being said...the whole thing was STUPID. Jug was the only one not wearing a mask. She's not a puppy that gets abandoned a few miles out and can't find her way home. As others have pointed out, was there nothing they could use against her? Plant evidence? Something to get her behind bars? She'll be back and of course Betty or FP will be at risk. I love watching FP, and wouldn't be surprised if he ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to save Jughead from her or something. 

I agree with others that Svenson was in no way the Black Hood. Keller, since the show wants us to think he's innocent, seems likely, but it should really be someone brand new, since presumably Archie would recognize the killer's eyes. I'd rather have a new villain.

Still oddly bored by Veronica, who I really want to find interesting. Her parents are more terrifying than the Black Hood. Brrr.

Alice is my favorite.

• Love 4
On December 18, 2017 at 5:40 AM, kmcarte said:

Speaking of couches, did anyone else think get reminded of Twin Peaks (original series) when BH Santa from Betty's dream was climbing over the couch? The over exaggerated/uncanny valley way he was moving reminded me of long-grey-haired-killer-guy-that-somehow-turned-out-not-to-be-the-killer, so, foreshadowing

Yes!!! I'm way late catching up with this show, but I came here just to post that and couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned on the first page! Definitely an homage. Someone who works on this show definitely loves Twin Peaks. I have also noticed a similarity between the Cooper house exterior, set up on a hill, and the Palmer house. Maybe Kyle McLachlan will turn up at some point (we can only hope!) 

I know they are exploring a Sabrina spinoff, but after two murders, I feel like a supernatural storyline is the next logical step for this show.

Also, Bob WAS the killer, but he was an evil spirit that possessed Leland Palmer. Maybe janitor guy was possessed? The green eye discrepancy seems like a huge red flag, since we don't have a  "Sheriff Keller found his contacts" reveal.

Edited by Moxie Cat
  • Love 2
On 12/23/2017 at 8:04 PM, Moxie Cat said:

Yes!!! I'm way late catching up with this show, but I came here just to post that and couldn't believe it wasn't mentioned on the first page! Definitely an homage. Someone who works on this show definitely loves Twin Peaks. I have also noticed a similarity between the Cooper house exterior, set up on a hill, and the Palmer house. Maybe Kyle McLachlan will turn up at some point (we can only hope!) 

I know they are exploring a Sabrina spinoff, but after two murders, I feel like a supernatural storyline is the next logical step for this show.

Also, Bob WAS the killer, but he was an evil spirit that possessed Leland Palmer. Maybe janitor guy was possessed? The green eye discrepancy seems like a huge red flag, since we don't have a  "Sheriff Keller found his contacts" reveal.

I wonder if Betty will be caught just before she commits an unforgivable offense while possessed by the black toque of retribution. Her eyes will flash green...