Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Mt. Weather/S04.E13:The Black Rainbow

51 minutes ago, piequinn35 said:

But he is from Zona so I am confused when all along Roberta and him were both working on the reset.

It is a lot confusing -- if MwaP/Mr. Sunshine and Warren both had the same combination of red and blue canisters (since Teller conned Warren) then switching one of the canisters as Warren did shouldn't actually change anything and Black Rainbow/Reset would go ahead as planned.

If TMWap/Mr. Sunshine didn't go along with the reset, why bother going to the North, getting the thumbs, and going to DC, he could just destroy the machine or the drone so no one can use it.

edit: Not sure if already posted, what I think is Mr Sunshine's canisters were the real "reset", Roberta was a back-up if he screwed up, Dr. Teller just went with the Founder's plan (to not get killed) but Roberta's canisters were not "reset" canisters (Teller did something that we do not know yet?), so only one of each set was in the drone and we will find out next season what will be the consequence to humans and Z's.

Edited by piequinn35
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, piequinn35 said:

If TMWap/Mr. Sunshine didn't go along with the reset, why bother going to the North, getting the thumbs, and going to DC, he could just destroy the machine or the drone so no one can use it.

edit: Not sure if already posted, what I think is Mr Sunshine's canisters were the real "reset", Roberta was a back-up if he screwed up, Dr. Teller just went with the Founder's plan (to not get killed) but Roberta's canisters were not "reset" canisters (Teller did something that we do not know yet?), so only one of each set was in the drone and we will find out next season what will be the consequence to humans and Z's.

This was my thought as well.  We only saw Teller’s “flip” speech when Teller was in the presence of TMwaP -  that speech may have been for TMwaP’s benefit, not Warren’s.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I think Warren was set up originally to be the Reset. She was supposed to lead a team to get the flesh-eating canisters loaded and launch the drone. That was the Zona Founder's plan. Tellar could not have known about the launch code board setup. That info had to come from Zona and Dr. Sunshine. He trained her on the board and the drone. 

However, Tellar planted detours in her head. Detours to Caligari's lab and Mercy lab. No one else at Zona  knew of these detours. No one at Zona could have knowledge of what Tellar left behind at Mercy or what Caligari was working on. Tellar buried those detours and related instructions deep into her psyche. 

What was the change in plan that Tellar spoke of? Here's what I think happened. Tellar said what he said as a ruse to fool the Founder. He had to save his own skin and Warren. If the Founder had discovered what Tellar had actually done, both he and Warren would have been killed.

Unfortunately, the memory confused her. Then, she saw and heard Murphy screaming in agony. That likely convinced her that HER canisters were the deadly ones. So she had to make the switch. She inadvertently muddled the situation by using a mismatched pair of canisters. 

We will find out what the unintended consequences are next season. As Doc said at the end, "Guess, we'll find out."

My lingering question is why Warren was in a coma for TWO years. Tellar said she was put in an induced coma to heal from her injuries. Ok, that's plausible but that could not have taken 2 years. Was Tellar secretly training her? Was she in and out of the coma for training/programming under Zona's nose? Was her mission sort of on hold and she was kept in a coma until it was time?

I think Tellar woke her up without telling anyone because he knew about the imminent disaster at Zona and had to get her out of there. Dr. Sunshine knew about her mission but did not give her much chance of success. He simply carried on with his plans for Black Rainbow - getting the data from Northern Lights, reseting the code and the useless thumbs.  I don't think he even knew that Warren and Murphy escaped Zona at first. 

• Love 3

Nothing against posters, and I'm thankful for explanations of what the hell happened, but I think the explanations, while they might be true, are just too damn convoluted, which is a reflection of this past season.    

I hope they wrap this shit up next season because I think the show has run its course. 

• Love 1

@Ohwell, I think this is the last season. I hope they go out on a high note. They know they have a season so they should be able to deliver a solid season. 

It had to be convoluted to make the Tellar twist work. Good idea but the execution left the audience confused and uninvested in the plot unfortunately. They could have revealed a bit of the mental programming in the first episode while leaving the twist to the end. Having that bit of knowledge would have helped the audience a lot I feel. As it is too many speculative blanks to fill. 

• Love 3

Sunshine knew about Warren and Murphy, as they were on the same flight out (and he was Teller's assistant in deleted scenes). He looks in their direction as they walk away from the Zona vehicles in 'Escape From Zona', but doesn't try to stop them.

AfterBuzzTV:

According to Karl & Abram, Teller has always been evil & was 100% Team Zona. Sunshine is one of the few unvaxxed Zona residents, for whatever reason, and wanted to stop the Reset after discovering what Teller's fromula would do. The Founder tells Warren that they've met 'many times' before, so I think her training took up most of the 2yrs, with Teller using repetition to imbed her mission so deeply within her mind.

I still have many questions, and I hope season 5 is less confusing!

Edited by Stargazer2893
  • Love 2

Argh! Revealing evil Tellar from the get go (without Warren being aware) would have added much more tension to the story. But actor availability had an impact on Season 4 obviously.

I think some questions will never have answers, @Stargazer2893. Thanks for the video.  

• Love 2

I finally caught up on this season now that it's on Netflix.

I was suspecting for a few episodes that Warren had been programmed into unwittingly unleashing Black Rainbow, so I thought it was frustrating that nobody brought up the possibility to her.  Even if it turns out not to be the case, it seems odd nobody would at least mention the possibility. Also weird that the subject of everyone on Zona turning into crazy cannibals didn't really come up...

They can handwave it all next season with a "The Zombie Apocalypse is like that sometimes!" but I hope it actually gets some kind of explanation. I also hope Warren is back and with black hair again. Or at least a better blond wig. 

I did love that Murphy was just resigned to being red. It didn't even faze him. He could be pink and purple plaid and at this point it'd be like, "Eh, whatever."

• Love 2