Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Meltdown In Milan

• Start Topic

I like Margaret a lot, but it the Hitler comment was in poor taste. The intentions were not malicious though, and once again Siggy jumps on her moral high horse. For a self described relationship "expert" she has very poor people skills. Be a good girl and go home like Michael says. ( funny how the guys got together sans Michael!!) 

Dolores gets on my last nerve. She looks like a buffalo shoving food in her mouth. 

Teresa looks great. Loved hearing her speak Italian. 

Danielle is entertaining but I feel like I need to shower after watching her- so yucky ( for want of a better word) 

• Love 20

When I was watching Melissa on her buying spree for her store they stated the price of an article of clothing was 150.00 euros. That's about US $175 (depending on the exchange rate). If that's Melissa's price she'll have to sell at $200 to make any profit after shipping and importing fees. Margaret stated that was a good price point. I don't know about y'all but $200 for a single item of clothing is a little too dear for my pocketbook. 

12 hours ago, chick binewski said:

Also, I am not in the boutique business so forgive my ignorance but do Serious Businesswomen normally travel to another country to buy 1 piece of clothing in 1 size?

I think she was either 1) Buying it for herself or 2) She was getting one as a sample and would purchase more in different sizes when importing them for sale in her store. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
Forgot the other side of the parentheses.
  • Love 3

Ugh. Can't somebody just push Siggy into a canal and be done with it (hey maybe that was one of the reasons she did not want to go on the tour!). 

But seriously, she's rapidly becoming of my my most detested housewives of all time --- up there with Wacko Jacko, Caroline, Carlton from Beverly Hills, Lydiot from RHOC and of course Icki Vicki Gunvalson.  While I agree that Margaret probably should not have used "Hitler" as any frame of reference, the way that Siggy will NOT shut up about it, and turning it into something much more serious than it actually was, is beyond ridiculous. Just go home to Michael Campanella (sp) and eat your gargantuan ice cream sundae (sans cameras).  

On a shallow note, urgh, these ladies have just way too much hair.  I don't love Margaret's pigtail look, but yet it's still a refreshing change from these ridiculously huge manes of extensions the rest of them insist on sporting.  

11 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have been to grad school and I did not know what a Duomo was, however, I would not be afraid to ask.  While I am confessing ,I can't spell to save my life.   I go to the local Duomo and thank god for spell check every day.  :)

Don't feel bad!  I was an English major and I am a professional writer - and I did not know what a Duomo was either.  But now I do.   Thanks, RHoNJ!

12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What did Italy ever do to deserve these screaching harpies ? Talk about the ugly American stereotype in all it's glory for those poor restaurant patrons to see. 

IKR?  They give us delicious pizza and tiramisu, and we give them .... Siggy??!  Talk about an unfair trade! 

Edited by Duke2801
forgot how much I detest Lydia from OC
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, esco1822 said:

I thought it was pretty telling that Michael wasn't invited to Joe's boys night.  Not that I'd want to hang out with any of those guys either but he clearly wants as little to do with this franchise as possible.  

I noticed that too. And, I thought to myself, that if he HAD been there, it would have been a totally different vibe. Not that I love Frank, Marty, and the two Joes. But I can't see him hanging with those guys at all. Like his wife, he'd probably be a wet blanket. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

When I was watching Melissa on her buying spree for her store they stated the price of an article of clothing was 150.00 euros. That's about US $175 (depending on the exchange rate). If that's Melissa's price she'll have to sell at $200 to make any profit after shipping and importing fees. Margaret stated that was a good price point. I don't know about y'all but $200 for a single item of clothing is a little too dear for my pocketbook. 

I think she was either 1) Buying it for herself or 2) She was getting one as a sample and would purchase more in different sizes when importing them for sale in her store. 

More. She'll have to justify the cost to make and ship it, the rent of the store, the electricity for her store, her employees' salaries, the cost to advertise for the store, and basically anything that should be reasonably associated with operating the store needs to factor in the cost. It's hard to figure out, which is why most people just double the cost to make or manufacture to figure out the retail price. Melissa should be selling that item for $350.

• Love 6

Doubling the wholesale price + some is how small businesses have to price. Big companies (Wal Mart, Target) get massive discounts so they can buy and sell cheaper. Plus Melissa is buying Italian designers that are not readily available to buy here. There is a niche for that. I'm broke as a joke but I'll cough up 80.00 for Italian shoes at Stein Mart!

Soogy/Siggy is a FOOL...Some relationship expert. Screaming in a restaurant isn't a good look lady! And shut up about your hysterectomy. No excuse. I had a full at 29 for medical reasons and I didn't go around screaming at people for the next 30 years saying "Well I had a hysterectomy" 

Hey I've invoked Hitler and I give to the ACLU, Southern Poverty Center, and the NAACP. Saying "Who does he think he is Hitler?" (or words to that effect) is not THAT uncommon a comment and I have NEVER been called anti-semitic!

Italy is beautiful! 

I like Margret. Not so much the pigtails but hey you do you girl. At least she's a damn adult and doesn't go around acting like a screaming shrew like Siggy! Go home Siggy..please. And then quit. Pretty please. 

• Love 13

Years ago, I had to supervise a woman who was close to retirement age. She was gone for two weeks after an elective surgery. When she came back, I tried to be supportive by asking her how she was feeling, and did she need any modifications to her work space. Little did I know she interpreted my comments as condescending, and as calling attention to her age. She started telling other staff members that I was "ageist" and making her feel badly about her age. I hated Siggy throwing around the term "anti-Semitic" because once you put something like that out there, the onus is forever on the accused to prove that they're not. Yes, Margaret made a careless comment and could have owned that - but Siggy's dig about how "people can have Jews in their lives and be anti-Semitic" was disgusting.

So, we have a so-called "relationship expert" whose way of handling people is to dismiss them or call them anti-Semitic. Last season, I thought Siggy was supposed to be this larger-than-life ball of love and joy. But she's got some serious issues. 

(And Siggy and Dolores, if you'd chosen not to walk in the fashion show, I doubt the audience would have noticed, unless Kim D. made "featuring walkers from RHONJ!" part of her promotion. Stop acting like you would have "let down the victims' families" or whatever.)

Is Siggy's hubby  Michael Jewish?

No, he's Italian. Last season she mentioned in a blog that she relates to Italian culture because of the big focus on family, as in the Jewish culture.

(As if other cultures don't focus on family, but whatever.)

• Love 16
52 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

More. She'll have to justify the cost to make and ship it, the rent of the store, the electricity for her store, her employees' salaries, the cost to advertise for the store, and basically anything that should be reasonably associated with operating the store needs to factor in the cost. It's hard to figure out, which is why most people just double the cost to make or manufacture to figure out the retail price. Melissa should be selling that item for $350.

That means if I want clothes from Milan, and I bought 3 pieces from Melissa it would be about the same as buying a plane ticket and going myself. (Boyfriend has a villa there so I have a place to stay). 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

Is Siggy on hormone replacement therapy? After the hysterectomy, she probably went right into menopause. She's already high strung, having her hormones completely out of whack probably contributed to her being a screaming loon.

Yes. She had the hormone replacement pellets injected into her Left butt cheek. 

• Love 1

Yo!  That scene in the restaurant was crazy!!!  I was in the gym, on the elliptical, like: 

tumblr_n6ey4nvHbu1qac1soo1_500.gif

When she called Margaret anti-semetic, I almost lost my balance and fell off because of how insane the accusation was.  And then Danielle, bringing even more crazy.  And Delores cosigning Siggy with, "how come they won't defend US?"  They're both fucking cukcoo banana's!

12 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm still trying to figure out EXACTLY why Siggy was so devastated when Margaret called her "Soggy".  Was it because she was "bullied" and teased about her name when she was a kid (as she said at her weekend workshop)?  Or, is it because she had a hysterectomy?  And, if it was because she had a hysterectormy, what does being called "Soggy" have to do with that?  

This.  Everytime she brings up Soggy Flicker, there's a different reason why it offended her.  Yet, you supposdely moved past it and accepted Margaret's apology AND you're trying to make money off of "Soggy Flicker" shirts.  Either continue to be offended or move the fuck on - you don't get to jump back and forth between them when you want to regain the center of attention.  I feel bad for anyone who has taken relationship advice from her, cause that meant they paid for that shit.  

10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

That means if I want clothes from Milan, and I bought 3 pieces from Melissa it would be about the same as buying a plane ticket and going myself. (Boyfriend has a villa there so I have a place to stay). 

Uhm, Previously.tv girls' trip!!!!  Just let me know when!  :-D

• Love 20
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Yes. She had the hormone replacement pellets injected into her Left butt cheek. 

I forgot about that. Then she's just an unhinged loon.

21 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

You'd also have to trust that Melissa has superior taste, which ummm...no. Go to Milan. 

• Love 2
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, I understand what she meant but her pronunciation of that word sounds like she is saying juggler.

These are not the brightest bulbs in the multipack. People from New Joisey do have an accent and sometimes close is enough for these women. Tre used to be the one who funnied up words. No wonder she and Danielle have become such close buddies. They understand each other.  

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Who is the "juggler" Danielle speaks of? LOL.

Herself.  Juggling random mens' balls on her face. 

I fervently hope that Siggy's husband encouraged her to do this show, and is planning on pulling a Kelsey Grammar on her pellet punched ass (unless she makes out like Camille, which, considering her intelligence quotient, is unlikely).

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

So dumb, without a seque there she is right out of the gate with the insipid BJ talk and she didn't even get it right about the rainbow...it's supposed to be multiple women with different color lipsticks.  I am embarrassed I know this information but I do, wink, wink.

• Love 4
Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

So dumb, without a seque there she is right out of the gate with the insipid BJ talk and she didn't even get it right about the rainbow...it's supposed to be multiple women with different color lipsticks.  I am embarrassed I know this information but I do, wink, wink.

Wink, wink, indeed (I knew that, too!).  I don't wear lipstick ... AND I have TMJ syndrome!!!  There's more than one way to captivate a guy, Danielle.  Try for a vocabulary and a sense of humor (and a personality). Then you can be single by choice.  ;-)

• Love 7

Apparently Siggy feels indebted to Teresa for her hormone pelleted ass. On a flight they took  Teresa was seated next to a physician that specializes in bioidentical hormone replacement and she set Siggy up an appointment and the rest is history....( thanks, Tre ?)    I do empathize with Siggy's menopause battles because it is difficult, however, she is off the rails. Siggy is miserable and misery loves company so she makes sure everyone around her is unhappy as well. In addition to a hormone replacement doc she needs a psychiatrist and an antidepressant stat. 

I've been to Italy twice and loved every minute of it - i was so utterly embarrassed at the way these  wackadoos behaved in that restaurant. Way to represent Americans.....NOT!!! 

• Love 4

Did anyone else catch the whole "rainbow" thing with Danielle?  I swear, she learned that from some high school girls of low self-esteem.  About 10 years ago, when my son was in high school, that type of thing was happening within certain circles.  Sad, but true.  Girls would bring different colored lipsticks with them to a party, and perform exactly what Danielle was describing (except it was several different girls, each with their own color lipstick).  

As much as I think that Siggy is pretty nutso, I think that Danielle is, as well.  I was kind of liking her the first time or two we saw her, but since then, I think she is still the same, only slightly more desperate this time around.  The whole throwing food/plates/etc., because Siggy "dismissed" her at the restaurant was clearly just to create relevance in her role (AND, absolutely disgusting, ill-mannered, horrible behavior).  Danielle is trying very hard to make herself relevant, whether acting all "tough-girl", or discussing sex acts, etc.  But, she claims she is still harboring the bad effects of being called a prostitution whore in front of her daughters.  I don't agree with much of what Siggy and Dolores say, but I do agree with them that Theresa should watch her back with Danielle.  

One other thing I noticed about Danielle - her Jersey accent pops in and out-like it is practiced.  I have a Jersey accent and have tried to curb it a bit, but it's natural and comes out full force when I'm angry.  With Danielle, it pops up in the middle of a conversation, like she remembered "Oh, shit, I'm supposed to be from NJ - remember to say cawfee, dawg, tawk....etc."  (I believe she was raised in Pennsylvania somewhere).

17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

10 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Wink, wink, indeed (I knew that, too!).  I don't wear lipstick ... AND I have TMJ syndrome!!!  There's more than one way to captivate a guy, Danielle.  Try for a vocabulary and a sense of humor (and a personality). Then you can be single by choice.  ;-)

Ha-ha....just posted the same thing - great minds think alike!  ;-)

Edited by njbchlover
typed too fast and missed words...
  • Love 9

Last week I gave kudos to Siggy for taking a step back about the Hitler comment rather than lashing out. I thought it showed some maturity that she could reflect honestly and come to the conclusion that while Margaret is not a bad person, she's not a particularly sensitive person that takes into account how her words can come across to someone else. After this episode, I take it all back. The Hitler comment was extreme and unnecessary to make Margaret's point but to instantly jump to the accusation of Margaret being anti-semetic is far below anything that Margaret deserves. It was clear that her intent wasn't malicious and to use her family as some kind of means to cover up this notion that she's anti-semetic is just so disgusting and vile. That's targeting someone's character (and on national television) for no good reason except that you (Siggy) is an unhinged and emotionally volatile person that doesn't follow the simple tenant of treating others the way you wish to be treated. I've said it countless times but it boggles my mind how anyone who sees this type of behaviour can feel that good about giving Siggy their money so that she can teach them about how to have healthy relationships and how to be a better version of yourself. Dolores is full of shit. Dolores sat right there when Siggy slurred that accusation at Margaret...how can anyone in good conscious jump on that Siggy train and defend her? They all tried to shut down the accusations from the get go in order to defuse the situation and Siggy just continued to repeat it. That's not to say that Margaret couldn't have diffused the situation but let's be real, Siggy started that conversation with the intent that unless Margaret said exactly what she wanted to hear, how she wanted to hear it, Siggy would be throwing a rage.

Danielle's outburst may have been to ensure her camera time...she got that upset about someone dismissing her in a situation that didn't involve her rather than get that upset that Siggy unfairly accused someone of being racist. She did what Siggy did - she made it about herself.

Wait Siggy, I thought you were offended about Soggy because you used to be teased about your nickname? Now it has to do with a hysterectomy? Siggy is just validating that she's full of shit. She can't even keep her story straight for why she was offended? Siggy was offended because she loves the opportunity to be offended because she wants her moment to get on her high horse and talk down to other people and slander them with the intent of them feel 2 inches tall. Dolores and Siggy have some really fucked and dysfunctional values. It's okay to intentionally and maliciously slander someone because they said something that you KNOW was not intended to be malicious? Just because it wasn't malicious doesn't mean that it shouldn't have to be addressed but it should have never gotten to that point.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12

Danielle has no story line so blowing up in a restaurant was her try at a story line, honestly she should apologize to the group for her outburst. 

Melissa sounded so stupid waving to strangers and speaking Spanish and Danielle trying to insult Siggy in Italian and comes up with something in Spanish.

• Love 8

Is Melissa first or second generation Italian-American?  To an earlier point Teresa, her kiddies and her brother  speak Italian pretty well- as Teresa's  parents are both from there and spoke it in America. Melissa didnt speak much italian on the epi or did I miss it? Melissa seemed more like a tourist in Milan as opposed to someone who had ancestors from one of the cities in Italy. 

Edited by sATL
15 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

I think Siggy's career if dunso

I think Siggy's in trouble! I half listened this morning to a review and she took this $#!t to social media! Andy told her not to do it so I think after the reunion Siggy's history! I won't miss the b!tch; she's vile in so many ways! She goes so low so fast, I don't understand how she has any friends? She's offended so easily and just can't keep it inside; needing to vent and vomit out some of the most disgusting things! "Marg; just give the b!tch THE HAND! She ain't worth it!" ;-)

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I could've sworn I heard her order 2 smalls, 2 mediums and a large for one of the pieces.  Seriously, I think she did order multiple of at least one of the pieces.

@Carolina Girl

But Soggy doesn't do the adult thing - take the person aside in private and say "I'm sure you didn't mean to  hurt me by that remark, but in light of my family history, I found the 'Hitler' reference a little more shocking and hurtful than the average person might have." 

I doubt highly that Siggy is constitutionally capable of doing this, but at the same time, she probably doesn't keep her spot on the show if she doesn't bring the drama.

Edited by b2H
  • Love 3
54 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

New Joisey

I have never in my life heard anyone actually from New Jersey pronounce it this way and I've lived here my whole life.  It's mostly pronounced this way by people who have never been here trying to be funny, because we haven't heard it about million times already.

I liked Teresa speaking Italian and in general not acting a fool.  Being from NJ, I know a lot of people of Italian descent and most of them do not speak Italian.  I will never understand how some proclaim themselves to be so Italian and into the culture when they don't speak the language and have never been to Italy??  Italy did look beautiful.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, hoosier80 said:

Siggy is offended because she "brought" Margaret on the show to be one of her toadies.  Siggy was to be the new star.  Siggy is so jealous she can't see straight, plus she's crazy.  

For Soggy, "being offended" doesn't appear to be a momentary situation.  It's her basic psychology.  Let's review - she attempted to embarrass and humiliate Melissa at a well-attended party for that ridiculous cake incident; she singled out Margaret in front or a crowded room in order to demonstrate how she is SUCH a bigger person in dealing with a situation - never once wondering how Margaret might feel about being called out in an assembly of people she did not know.  And now?  The crowded restaurant for the Hitler remark.  OMG.....I've had people make stupid, thoughtless remarks to me in an attempt to make a point.  I give is short shrift and move on.  Soggy MUST hold court on her EPIC offenses.  Unfortunately for Soggy, they're in the wrong country.  Aeschylus and the other great TRAGEDY writers were Greek.  

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, b2H said:

I could've sworn I heard her order 2 smalls, 2 mediums and a large for one of the pieces.  Seriously, I think she did order multiple of at least one of the pieces.

I could be wrong. I don't have DVR so I'll have to wait until a repeat comes on but thank you for the correction. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

I have never in my life heard anyone actually from New Jersey pronounce it this way and I've lived here my whole life.  It's mostly pronounced this way by people who have never been here trying to be funny, because we haven't heard it about million times already.

I liked Teresa speaking Italian and in general not acting a fool.  Being from NJ, I know a lot of people of Italian descent and most of them do not speak Italian.  I will never understand how some proclaim themselves to be so Italian and into the culture when they don't speak the language and have never been to Italy??  Italy did look beautiful.

Mostly Lurking I grew up in NJ and therefore teasing about how we kiddingly made fun of ourselves and how others perceive us is fair game. I henceforth feel that it is my right to use that misuse of the state's name. I also feel that I am entitled to wear big hair (I don't have big hair). I'll pass on what passes for fashion. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
I need to go back to school for grammar!
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Mostly Lurking I grew up in NJ and therefore teasing about how we kiddingly made fun of ourselves and how others perceived us. I henceforth feel that it is my right to use that misuse of the state's name. I also feel that I am entitled to wear big hair (I don't have big hair). I'll pass on what passes for fashion.

I will gladly take those stereotypes considering how other states are portraying themselves (and being portrayed) recently!  I love big hair! (Although I don't have it either sadly).

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Mostly Lurking I grew up in NJ and therefore teasing about how we kiddingly made fun of ourselves and how others perceived us. I henceforth feel that it is my right to use that misuse of the state's name. I also feel that I am entitled to wear big hair (I don't have big hair). I'll pass on what passes for fashion. 

13 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I will gladly take those stereotypes considering how other states are portraying themselves (and being portrayed) recently!  I love big hair! (Although I don't have it either sadly).

Count me in on this, too!  And, as they say in Jersey (and, I've also heard, in Texas) - the higher the hair, the higher the heel, the closer to God.    ;-)  With these ladies from RHNJ, between their hair and heels, they must be almost to heaven, LOL!  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Count me in on this, too!  And, as they say in Jersey (and, I've also heard, in Texas) - the higher the hair, the higher the heel, the closer to God.    ;-)  With these ladies from RHNJ, between their hair and heels, they must be almost to heaven, LOL!  

That must mean I'm closer to that other place, what with my baby fine, flat hair and my no-heels flip flops.  ;-)

Come on down to the dark side, ladies - it's cheaper, faster and a LOT more comfortable! 

And, your filthy mouth works just as well without lipliner & gloss.

(Just think of how much more dramatic your eyerolls would be if not weighted down with 20 lbs of eyeshadow & false lashes!).

Not to mention the real tears you could shed without the benefit of Botox & ass pellets ...

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I fervently hope that Siggy's husband encouraged her to do this show, and is planning on pulling a Kelsey Grammar on her pellet punched ass (unless she makes out like Camille, which, considering her intelligence quotient, is unlikely).

wq, you come up with the darndest .  usually i have to clean my screen after viewing your post.

love you madly because you say the things i can't even imagine and if i imagine them i wouldn't be able voice them.  i'm so repressed.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Danielle has no story line so blowing up in a restaurant was her try at a story line,

Yup. She has shown nothing of her personal life and currently has no legit beef with any of the girls. That's why she was trying to insert herself right into the drama with Siggy last night. Then she flips when Siggy tells her to stay out of it. They both lost their freaking minds. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

She definitely got multiple sizes; heard 1 small for her, 2 med. & 2 large maybe! Being a specialty shop, she didn't want to order too many! Women hate wearing what someone else is sporting so she keeps the number down which makes sense! ;-)

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

That must mean I'm closer to that other place, what with my baby fine, flat hair and my no-heels flip flops.  ;-)

Come on down to the dark side, ladies - it's cheaper, faster and a LOT more comfortable! 

And, your filthy mouth works just as well without lipliner & gloss.

(Just think of how much more dramatic your eyerolls would be if not weighted down with 20 lbs of eyeshadow & false lashes!).

Not to mention the real tears you could shed without the benefit of Botox & ass pellets ...

probably more fun, too.....      ;-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, b2H said:

This i correct.  I remember thinking that she clearly doesn't want a lot of fatties shopping in her store hence only 1 large and the absence of XL though I was surprised there were no XS bought.  I say all of this as someone who wouldn't fit into a thing in that store including the door probably. Not that I'd ever want to but...

• Love 2
18 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Poor Danielle.  She's trying so hard to be relevant this season but most of her performances feel forced.  

Now, I understand why BRAVO did not give her full time cast status.  She basically has faded into the background most of the season.  She has no storyline except to kiss up to Teresa.  And most of her media interviews revolves around complaining about the Manzos.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, jaybird2 said:

wq, you come up with the darndest .  usually i have to clean my screen after viewing your post.

love you madly because you say the things i can't even imagine and if i imagine them i wouldn't be able voice them.  i'm so repressed.

You are SOOOO not repressed, @jaybird2.  The mere fact that you are not clutching your pearls while condemning me to eternal damnation proves THAT point!  I'd cop to the spit take, if i could afford to buy you a new screen; but for now, I must Deny, Deny, Deny - just like Juicy Joe.

• Love 2

OMG!  Is it worth the publicity and paycheck from this show to go on TV and make yourself look like a total lunatic!?!?!?   I absolutely hate that they acted like animals in a foreign country too which only serves to give all the rest of us in the USA a bad name.   

• Love 3

When Danielle and Soggy were having their talk towards the end of the episode Danielle had on the exact same jacket that Melissa tried on at home and her son was making fun of it.  I wonder if they have the same jackets or if Melissa let Danielle borrow it.

Siggy and Dolores sicken me.  Can't stand either one.  

• Love 6

I am a bit surprised that so many are defending Margaret, but with the caveat that referencing Hitler was somehow inappropriate or thoughtless or insensitive. She was making a point. Often the fastest way to make a point is by going to extremes, and God knows it's hard to get a word in around these women, so you've got to get in and make that point.

Margaret was trying to say that the collateral damage that someone causes should not be irrelevant to one's decision as to whether to ally with him or her. Let's be real--Margaret is not going to be able to say that and be heard over the din, so she went to a topic every one would get--Hitler. Sure, she could have used another tyrant, but are we really to believe that Siggy, let alone Teresa, Melissa, Dolores, and Danielle, are going to have working knowledge of the ways of Pol Pot or Stalin or Ceausescu? To quote Gob from Arrested Development, "Come on!" 

I gotta love Siggy's rule that you can't mention Hitler unless you're referencing the Holocaust. Someone needs to tell Bryant Gumbel that he just offended Siggy by mentioning "Hitler in the 1936 Olympics" on his sports show. And I'm sorry that Siggy's father was victimized in the Holocaust, but that does not prevent someone from mentioning Hitler. Someone's going to mention it, dear. It's Godwin's law. Grow a thicker skin. 

If I was going to cherry-pick and be disturbed by one of their behaviors as of late, it is, hands-down, Dolores getting all up in Melissa's face for...what, exactly? For asking a question? Dolores is such a shady bitch, and her actions this season are increasingly bordering on violence. To me, what she did to Melissa was worse than throwing glasses, even abroad. It's probably even worse than throwing out "anti-Semite," which was so patently ridiculous that it could have been ignored. You don't put your hands on someone or get in their face. Dirty, thirsty bitch. Condescending. Rude. The way she shut Margaret down for referencing Hitler the morning after the fight was so smug and sanctimonious that it reminded me exactly of Caroline Manzo. Dolores is a surrogate for Caroline Manzo. She is doing her bidding. It is Siggy who better sleep with one eye open (though she probably sleeps with both eyes open with that face pulled so tight), because just as Caroline turned on Teresa (and Jacqueline and Dina), so too will Dolores turn on Siggy, as soon as Siggy fails to fill Dolores's pathological need to rally against friends in favor of psychos, in an effort to fill the vast vacuum of nothing that is her life. 

• Love 23