Type keyword(s) to search

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

I'm watching this right now. The movie is pretty bad, and I hated seeing the dinosaurs die in the lava, but I'm all for sociopaths being eaten by dinosaurs. 

• Love 1
On 6/30/2018 at 1:11 PM, Raja said:

Unless the story was adapted and it was obvious when the villains were changed in ethnicity  for political reasons.  Sitting leaders always took some ribbing but due to the historic nature of President Obama's racial group being in play there was an 8 years break and thus with Presidents W. Bush and Trump it becomes more noticeable 

On 6/30/2018 at 9:28 AM, Robert Lynch said:

I saw that with the news banner and it is not just this movie, it seems like every other destructive action/heroic adventure movie that seems to go after Trump, the spoiled rich, Russians, or the Republicans. It never use to be this blatant before. 

I didn't think it had anything to do with Trump. Things cycle through movies, and that includes "bad guys". They needed an obvious foreign accent, to remind people that things like this would be used in wars, or just for evil means, besides selling them to become richer than you could imagine. And I'm just grateful that it wasn't a bloody English accent, since we're usually the evil ones in the movies. Need someone dodgy? Bring in the Brit. 

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Anela said:

And I'm just grateful that it wasn't a bloody English accent, since we're usually the evil ones in the movies. Need someone dodgy? Bring in the Brit. 

Or a Brit with a German accent.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, supposebly said:

Or a Brit with a German accent.

Yep, and one of the bad guys in this one, was a Brit with an American accent. 

I actually thought this was better than Jurassic World.  I empathized with the dinosaurs more this time around.

The Brontosaurus...I was not ready for that.  Poor creature just standing there bellowing for help almost had me crying.  I think it was the same one they saw when they arrived.  😞

At least the indoraptor certainly did more than it's predecessor.  That smirk when the guy was trying to take it's tooth was hilarious.  

Didn't care about any of the stock human characters, not nerdy hacker guy, evil businessman, evil military guy, cloned kid, or Owen and Claire's relationship.  Did not care.

I got a "Planet of the Apes" vibe from the ending as well.  Most of the dinosaurs died on the island.  As for all the ones that made it out, not all of them will survive in the modern world, anyway.  They're bigger and stronger, sure, but they've been living in a protected environment up to this point.  Now they'll also be exposed to new dangers, like environmental pollution, lack of proper food and water sources, and other predators that can fight back.    

The dinosaurs sold at auction are actually a bigger threat, imo.  They're travelling farther distances (some out of the US) and were purchased by very wealthy buyers, who now have the prototype to create dinosaurs of their very own.  Whose to say each of them won't get their own Dr. Wu to fashion a new beast, to do whatever they want? 

(edited)
13 hours ago, Amethyst said:

I actually thought this was better than Jurassic World.  I empathized with the dinosaurs more this time around.

The Brontosaurus...I was not ready for that.  Poor creature just standing there bellowing for help almost had me crying.  I think it was the same one they saw when they arrived.  😞

At least the indoraptor certainly did more than it's predecessor.  That smirk when the guy was trying to take it's tooth was hilarious.  

Didn't care about any of the stock human characters, not nerdy hacker guy, evil businessman, evil military guy, cloned kid, or Owen and Claire's relationship.  Did not care.

I got a "Planet of the Apes" vibe from the ending as well.  Most of the dinosaurs died on the island.  As for all the ones that made it out, not all of them will survive in the modern world, anyway.  They're bigger and stronger, sure, but they've been living in a protected environment up to this point.  Now they'll also be exposed to new dangers, like environmental pollution, lack of proper food and water sources, and other predators that can fight back.    

The dinosaurs sold at auction are actually a bigger threat, imo.  They're travelling farther distances (some out of the US) and were purchased by very wealthy buyers, who now have the prototype to create dinosaurs of their very own.  Whose to say each of them won't get their own Dr. Wu to fashion a new beast, to do whatever they want? 

The brontosaurus made me cry, too. Friends told me it was too sad, because of things like that. 

I liked the nerdy hacker. He cracked me up - his lines were what mine probably would have been. "WHAT AM I DOING HERE?!" as the raptor runs towards them. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Bill1978 said:

After that lacklustre short I feel the only way they are gonna get me truly excited about JW3 is by announcing the return of all the kids that have appeared previously in the franchise

I just want Tim and Lex back. Have they also become paleontologists? Sure! Why not? I'd much rather watch them, or anyone from the OG cast, over generic hero and heroine Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.

This is so exciting, Laura Dern is a national treasure and Ellie Sattler is an unsung hero of the genre.

• Love 4
On 9/25/2019 at 1:49 AM, BetterButter said:

I might actually watch this one. I saw Jurassic World in theaters, it was OK but, the forced romance plot was dumb, IMO. I haven't bothered with Fallen Kingdom, they had me with Goldblum until I found out it was a glorified cameo.  If Dern, Goldblum and Neill get actual screen time and, aren't killed off to make the new "stars" bigger I'll watch this one.

• Love 2
On 9/27/2019 at 11:23 AM, Bruinsfan said:

If I hear from advanced screenings that they kill Ellie off, I'ma hang out in front of the box office at my local cinema and tell people about it to discourage them from buying a ticket.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, anna0852 said:

It'll be more effective to just spread that spoiler as far as you can over the Internet. So many people buy their tickets online that the Box offices themselves are dying.

Please don't spoil the movie for others just because you are unhappy with a plot line.

• Love 3
(edited)

Just watched this on Netflix. What a load of shite.

Empty CGI spectacle, no new ideas, more comically evil humans ever more stupidly trying to make money from the dinosaurs. 

Pratt and Howard are very much going through the motions, and I can understand why they wouldn't give a shit, after reading the script.

I'm completely over the 'Raptors are super geniuses' thing, and the nostalgia factor of them rehashing shots from the original movie has been ground into the dirt by now.

I don't really know how the movie ended as I stopped paying attention right around the time they decided they needed to do a blood transfusion from one species of dinosaur to another.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 2