Type keyword(s) to search

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (2018)

BetterButter
  • Start Topic

Im going to be really alone when I say I was really underwhelmed and was shocked at how much they spoiled in that trailer then? I feel like some of those moments, like the life finds a way or the T-Rex moment Im surprised they spoiled. Also, I feel like we just saw all the best bits.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, SnoGirl said:

Im going to be really alone when I say I was really underwhelmed and was shocked at how much they spoiled in that trailer then? I feel like some of those moments, like the life finds a way or the T-Rex moment Im surprised they spoiled. Also, I feel like we just saw all the best bits.

Naah. If those weren't foilers, I bet they happen in the first third of the movie. Or the context is completely different. I like to think that the trailer people know how to tease but not spoil.

• Love 4

They're going to try to SAVE the dinosaurs?  They deserve anything that they get.

I was underwhelmed by the trailer too.  But the first Jurassic World surprised me and hopefully this does as well.

• Love 3

That did seem to show a lot. But I'm sure they have some surprises left for the actual film.

I'm not sure I'm super down with a lot of dino death and destruction. I know they aren't real but I hate seeing animals die in tv/movies. 

Strange that the pterosaurs hadn't left the island already. In fact I'm surprised none from The Lost World made it to the mainland somewhere over the years. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, theredhead77 said:

Dinosaurs fucking shit up and explosions? I'm in.

THIS!!! A Gazillion Million Times THIS! I don’t care about the Homo sapiens. I just wanna see Queenie in all her Glory!!! 

It’s bugging me that now I can’t remember the name of that animated film they showed us in elementary school about how the ? ? came to be...the awesome and brutal fight between Stegosaurus and T-Rex, with the narrator saying how “stupid” Stego was for even engaging in that fight that left him dead. And the heartbreaking ending as we see how they became extinct-I’ve Googled and Googled, but no luck!?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

THIS!!! A Gazillion Million Times THIS! I don’t care about the Homo sapiens. I just wanna see Queenie in all her Glory!!! 

I don't watch the Jurassic Park franchise for Oscar contending acting or storylines. Show me dinosaurs fucking shit up, shit blowing up, the bad guys getting eaten and Rexie roaring and I'm going to be happy.

• Love 6
22 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

It’s bugging me that now I can’t remember the name of that animated film they showed us in elementary school about how the ? ? came to be...the awesome and brutal fight between Stegosaurus and T-Rex, with the narrator saying how “stupid” Stego was for even engaging in that fight that left him dead. And the heartbreaking ending as we see how they became extinct-I’ve Googled and Googled, but no luck!?

Was it Fantasia? The dinosaur sequence has a I guess T-Rex vs a Stegosaurus. Although I don't think there was a narrator. Just music. It was pretty graphic for a cartoon meant for kids.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Couver said:

Was it Fantasia? The dinosaur sequence has a I guess T-Rex vs a Stegosaurus. Although I don't think there was a narrator. Just music. It was pretty graphic for a cartoon meant for kids.

No, it wasn't Fantasia. It was one of those films specifically used in elementary schools to teach kids about Dinosaurs. It opened with how first life appeared, with something in the water, then led to Dinosaurs. It was very Science and Educational. But scary too, when they showed stupid Stego challenging T-Rex. It opened with that ominous music--Beethoven 9? Organ music. I think I'll reach out to my elementary teacher and see if he remembers! Hee!

• Love 1

I’m with others. That was...bad, and not in a good way. IMHO. So I guess they think this will be an interesting irony that the dinosaurs fate come full circle due to some catastrophe of nature but now humans are here to save them. It’s the most ridiculous plot they could’ve come up with.

I don’t think I’ll be going to see this. Perhaps I’ll change my mind as the release date draws closer, but I don’t know...I feel like this franchise has jumped the shark. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, questionfear said:

Why am I likely to watch this despite all these questions?

Because you're like me and are in it to see dinosaurs fuck shit up. Mass destruction and loud dinoroars first, story second (or third).

But also why is the dinosaur in the kids room? Is it Owen's (Pratt) kid?  He and Claire don't seem to be together in the other preview.

The Walking Dead has if Darryl dies we riot. I have if they kill Blue or Rexie I'll riot.

• Love 2

I'm putting this in spoilers just in case someone wants to go into this spoiler free. It talks about the new dinosaur and I have questions

Spoiler

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom centers on a new dinosaur — the Indoraptor, a combination of the Indominus Rex and the velociraptor, but the crew must also attempt to save the rest of the park’s dinosaurs from extinction when the once-dormant volcano suddenly becomes active again. https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-trailer-2/

My question is this: If the Indominus Rex is  a mix of T-Rex and Raptor and the Indoraptor is a mix of the Indominus Rex and Raptor wouldn't that make the new dinosaur basically a giant raptor?

• Love 1

The teaser had me feeling meh about the movie. The trailer full on makes me think this is the first one I skip in the cinemas. It doesn't feel like a Jurassic Park movie. Feels more like an Alien movie with dinosaurs. It looks more horror than suspense, and a bit too bloody for my liking. 

I still don't understand why within the movie world a) keep making carnivourous dinosaurs and b) why they have to need to play Dr Moreau. Does nobody learn from previous experiences. If you are gonna make a hybrid do it with freakin' herbivores.

• Love 1
On Fri Feb 09 2018 at 6:09 PM, Bill1978 said:

The teaser had me feeling meh about the movie. The trailer full on makes me think this is the first one I skip in the cinemas. It doesn't feel like a Jurassic Park movie. Feels more like an Alien movie with dinosaurs. It looks more horror than suspense, and a bit too bloody for my liking. 

I still don't understand why within the movie world a) keep making carnivourous dinosaurs and b) why they have to need to play Dr Moreau. Does nobody learn from previous experiences. If you are gonna make a hybrid do it with freakin' herbivores.

I say just take off and nuke the island from orbit. It's the only way to be sure 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Joe said:

The whole island, or just part of it?

You missed the joke the OP referenced an Alien movie. In Aliens that was the advice given to  Corporal Hicks by Ripley

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

You missed the joke the OP referenced an Alien movie. In Aliens that was the advice given to  Corporal Hicks by Ripley

No, I know the quote. It's "We should take off and nuke the entire site from orbit." But I had one foot out the door, should have used entire instead of whole. :)

• Love 1
On 12/11/2017 at 11:49 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, it wasn't Fantasia. It was one of those films specifically used in elementary schools to teach kids about Dinosaurs. It opened with how first life appeared, with something in the water, then led to Dinosaurs. It was very Science and Educational. But scary too, when they showed stupid Stego challenging T-Rex. It opened with that ominous music--Beethoven 9? Organ music. I think I'll reach out to my elementary teacher and see if he remembers! Hee!

Now I’m super curious as to what this is because everything here fits the dinosaur sequence in Fantasia. The music is Stravinsky but the piece that plays when Rex defeats Steg is reminiscent of Beethoven. Also, I’ve seen a version that includes a voiceover that was added much later. Hope you figure out and let us know. 

I’m not sure if I’ll see this but I won’t deny that seeing the dinosaurs running from the smoke and lava is surprisingly emotional. My mind goes straight to when they went extinct and didn’t know why or what was happening. They’re suddenly full of fear and trying to escape. A gut punch I hadn’t expected.

The Queen will totally save the humans when all is said and done. She’s got to assert her badassery after all.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Now I’m super curious as to what this is because everything here fits the dinosaur sequence in Fantasia. The music is Stravinsky but the piece that plays when Rex defeats Steg is reminiscent of Beethoven. Also, I’ve seen a version that includes a voiceover that was added much later. Hope you figure out and let us know. 

I’m not sure if I’ll see this but I won’t deny that seeing the dinosaurs running from the smoke and lava is surprisingly emotional. My mind goes straight to when they went extinct and didn’t know why or what was happening. They’re suddenly full of fear and trying to escape. A gut punch I hadn’t expected.

The Queen will totally save the humans when all is said and done. She’s got to assert her badassery after all.

The whole movie was mostly dinosaurs. And yes! There was a male voice over during all of it, and he himself called Stego stupid for engaging with T-Rex. And it ended with how hot the Earth got or something, and the dinosaurs just fell into the sand and died. And voice over guy explained how they became extinct. 

I Googled for images of Fantasia, and damned if those of Stego and T-Rex are exactly what I'm talking about! But I KNOW there was no Mickey, or dancing hippos, or the magic that's in that 1940 movie. I wonder, if for schools, they spliced and edited those scenes from Fantasia for the educational film?

• Love 1
On 2/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, Bill1978 said:

IA, and these aren’t “regular” dinosaurs, anyway.  Their DNA is spliced with a frog’s to fill in the gaps, and the frogs were known to spontaneously change sex.  How do we know a similar incident won’t happen, with them designed to be herbivores but turning into carnivores instead?

• Love 1

Logically it makes sense that they should experiment with herbivores instead of massive carnivores. just to be safe But I think Jurassic World captured the very human and real idea that bigger, meaner, scarier sells tickets. And it's true. No one on safaris is as hyped to see all the herbivores there. They all want to see the carnivores up close and personal eating said herbivores.

Plus I think in this movie the hybrid might just be the result of a shady experiment. Dr. Wu was clearly doing splicing all on his own. Rather than something the park wanted created.

• Love 1

That trailer, compared to the first one, makes it look like a whole different movie.  I'm more inclined to see it in the theaters now.   After the first one, I wasn't sure.

Edited by Shannon L.
  • Love 2

I'm still not convinced this is a movie I am going to enjoy. Sadly all I could see is that they have seemed to have made a movie out of the 2 plot points in the franchise that I don't like. Dinosaurs running amok in town (JP:TLW - even though it is a fun sequence in the movie), and freaking dino soldiers (JW). So it's very hard to muster up any sort of enthusiasm at this stage, even if the trailer looks impressive visually.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Minneapple said:

Man that trailer is batshit crazy.

I can't wait to see the movie.

I'm annoyed with the child in peril but other than that I agree!  Looking forward to this, should be a fun summer movie.

• Love 1

Another Summer 2018 blockbuster, another disappointment, even with low expectations.

I didn't hate Jurassic World, and I've liked Bayona's other movies, so I had some hope for this.

The direction definitely feels like an improvement over the last movie, but the script is awful. I don't know if I was more annoyed by how stupid the twists were, or how predictable they were.

A lot of the plot revolves around Pratt's special connection with a Velociraptor called Blue. Admittedly I haven't seen JW since it was in the cinema, but I have no recollection of this, and didn't care about it at all.

I didn't dislike the new characters, but they're all one-note, and it's a note that doesn't make much sense. Justice Smith plays the web guy for an advocacy group, who also happens to be a master hacker who is able to crack every system necessary for the plot. Daniella Pineda is a dinosaur vet who's never seen a dinosaur. Neither of them get any character development.

The entire plotline with Rafe Spall, James Cromwell, and Toby Jones is incredibly predictable and stupid. It didn't work for me at all.

Spoiler

The island/volcano scenes are pretty well done, but it's a lot of "characters in mortal terror" scenes, and because there's over an hour left in the movie, there never feels like any actual danger to anyone.

Other thoughts:

- I'm not sure why the cold open was in the movie, other than to get some early dino kills?

- The twist with the granddaughter was obvious from her first scene, and I was kind of offended they felt the need to spell it out twice.

- At least there was less fanservice in this one, outside of the awful Ian Malcolm cameo.

- I don't care about Bryce Dallas Howard and Chris Pratt's romance at all, and especially don't care about them raising Clone Girl if that's what happens.

- Speaking of, did the girl's nanny die off-screen and nobody mentioned it? Was there a death scene cut?

- B.D. Wong survived again, and will presumably be back with an even more insane scheme in the next movie.

• Love 2