Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: Fools Rush In

Riggs and Murtaugh enter a world of conspiracy theories.  

So Molly kissed him. If Riggs is having such a hard time about this, then they shouldn't do it. Sheesh.

Home interviews for preschool? Glad my kids are older.

I think Riggs is having such a hard time because they are so good together and Riggs knows his quickly things could blow up on him.  He really likes Molly and has a long and complicated history with her and if they blow up it will be messy.  But she can also be very very good for him.  Both are equally scary for Riggs.

Plus they have awesome chemistry.

• Love 2

The Murtaughs are only used as comic relief and it starts to irk me. The family high jinks used to have some emotional resonance, or significance, but it's been two weeks in a row that it's superficial and cliché. Even Harper's cute little face can't make up for it.

Cahill is much better when she actually has something to do and they're not trying too much to Mary-Sue her . She made a blunder, she isn't a cop, it's normal.

I like Molly, and the actress is great. But dating Riggs is a bad idea *cue Roger's "she's married to your best friend" face * and I see no romantic chemistry between them. They do work well for me when they're in childhood friends mode and they behave as if they're 12 y/o, like in Roger's kitchen...and then I see plenty of brother/sister vibes so, nope. Maybe it isn't a coincidence if her son was completely absent from this episode, I feel they're trying to correct the past as it happened, they're kind of safe for each other. I also don't think the writers are going to give Riggs a family with a kid so early, so just hope it won't end in too much of a disaster -but I'm bracing myself for the unavoidable Hubby Returns love triangle drama.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 2
16 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

The Murtaughs are only used as comic relief and it starts to irk me. The family high jinks used to have some emotional resonance, or significance, but it's been two weeks in a row that it's superficial and cliché....

I agree with everything Happy had to say.  I finally figured out what has been bothering me about Trish the last few episodes, and this part of it.  I like her when she's a defense lawyer, and not this lawyer for some rich guy.

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

The Murtaughs are only used as comic relief and it starts to irk me. The family high jinks used to have some emotional resonance, or significance, but it's been two weeks in a row that it's superficial and cliché. Even Harper's cute little face can't make up for it.

For me, Harper's cute little face can make up for it! I don't mind the Murtaugh family scenes; I actually like them.  I can't really pinpoint why, I just like them.  And I like when Riggs is shown interacting with the family.  I will probably like Molly with them too.  

I do like Molly with Riggs and think their chemistry is perfect.  I don't remember the blonde agent's name but I always thought their relationship was too competitive with each trying to out police the other.  And the episode in which the best friend returns will be okay with me if it removes that road block to the Riggs/Molly relationship.

So far I am still all on board with the show.  It is so easy for me to like-it doesn't take itself too seriously and it just has a nice and easy feel to it.  

• Love 2

I liked the episode, and thinking about it now, I'm still trying to figure out why.

I'm still annoyed that we had that whole build-up with Ghost Daddy and then... nothing.  We instead focused on the growing relationship between Riggs and Molly.  I still feel that that's wrong, because no matter what Jake did, he's still supposedly Martin's best friend, and he's not dead, just out of the picture right now, and Martin's supposed to be taking care of her.  She's like a little sister to him, right?  But apparently the writers decided to go this way, and yeah they do have good chemistry, and I'd like to see him happy, but this is his best friend's girl.

I also agree that the Murtaughs, or at least Roger, are now the comic relief.  What in the hell was that, Roger?  She's learning Mandarin?  If I were that lady, I'd've rejected Harper too because her dad's clearly full of shit and out of his mind.  I guess him being able to blackmail her into letting Harper into their insanely over-the-top "preschool academy" was the happy ending to all that?  My wife and I were laughing at their online ad, it was so ridiculous, but then Trish was clearly sincere about wanting Harper to get into that school, and now we're happy that she's in.  Via dashcan footage of the admissions lady coming out of a theater.  Okay.

Case of the week was okay.  Conspiracy nut, off his meds, but it turns out that he was right about a few things and helped solve the case, which was just a very elaborate way to rob an armored car.  A couple of new twists, I guess.  Also, with Bowman mysteriously absent, we take another peek at Bailey and Scorcese and their non-relationship, which is kinda weird, but amusing.  Incredibly, while I generally hate commercials, I admit to their necessity, and the Microsoft Tablet commercials with Bailey and Scorcese and a 60-second "deleted scene" are pretty cool.  A little extra to the story, sure, why not?

I guess I liked the episode because for all of the ridiculousness, I like the characters, and everything's nice and happy by the end.

Edited by Orbert
  • Love 1

To me, sorry to say, this show is going down the drain. There are a few moments I like in each show but, largely, it's not working for me.

I like the idea of Molly, but she isn't working.

The Murtaugh family is trite.

Some of the scenes with Cahill could be better but they spend so little time with them (exploring Riggs' issues.)(I'm not saying Brewster is a great actress, but I do like we have an opportunity to get into Riggs' head. Yet, we rarely do.)

The character of Riggs seems to be on one hand nuts but, on the other hand, just a smart ass (but not nuts). I realize we couldn't have a character that stayed constantly suicidal. Okay—well, what is he???? Then came daddy-issues. That seemed to be resolved in two episodes. Now we have girlfriends issues????  Is that it?? Is that what we're left with? Does that make a person want to jump out of buildings or off speeding cars??

• Love 1

I really enjoy the Murtaugh scenes as well. The family chemistry is what highlights the difference between Riggs and Murtaugh and in the movies, it was the same way (except nobody in the family has been kidnapped...yet).

I don't completely buy the Molly and Martin relationship, it seems so rushed and forced. And yeah, it does seem like they dropped the Ghost Dad storyline.

Scorsese and Bailey are the only reasons that could make me enjoy commercials this much.

Apparently, Cahill is the only working psychiatrist in L.A. 

I like Riggs and Molly. However, the thing that killed the sitcom "Go On" was when they lost focus and the show just became about getting the main character laid and or into a new relationship. 

On 12/8/2017 at 9:51 AM, MaggieG said:

I loved Roger at the end with the baseball bat. "Don't have sex in my kitchen."

The baseball bat bothered me. I find it hard to believe that a season homicide detective who has been in as many shootouts and gun battles as Roger would come downstairs to investigate a possible home invasion or possible blowback from a previous case with just a bat. He would have come down with his gun.

Edited by Unclejosh