Type keyword(s) to search

And We Might See Them Again

• Start Topic

I would say that almost all the People of Color should have spinoffs... Vivica A. Fox, Jordan Bonner (maybe we can mix timelines and he goes to school with Rory Gilmore), the kid whose dad is the librarian and yells at Brandon (my personal hero).  I also really would have loved to see Susan's Campaign '96... though she wasn't a one/done character.  

• Love 1

Reviving this to talk about Elaine Joyce, who played Candace, the realtor for the Walsh house. (She was also a well-respected Broadway legend in her prime). Turns out, she married Neil Simon after her stint as Brandon's realtor. And now, she is Neil Simon's extremely wealthy widow- he left her two luxury apartments, $12 million cash and all of his manuscripts. You go Candace! You may have been a shitty realtor, but look at you now!

• Love 6
On 12/12/2017 at 7:37 PM, CurlyATX said:

I would say that almost all the People of Color should have spinoffs... Vivica A. Fox, Jordan Bonner (maybe we can mix timelines and he goes to school with Rory Gilmore), the kid whose dad is the librarian and yells at Brandon (my personal hero).  I also really would have loved to see Susan's Campaign '96... though she wasn't a one/done character.  

Funny enough, I heard the new CW show “All American” being discussed on the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast (where Sarah & Tara have appeared), and its premise of a Black high school football player transferring from Crenshaw to Beverly Hills reminded of all the good Black guest stars on 90210. It totally could have been a spin-off back in the day. 

http://m.cwtv.com/shows/all-american

Edited by MCMLXXVII
  • Love 3
On 9/8/2018 at 11:28 AM, MCMLXXVII said:

Funny enough, I heard the new CW show “All American” being discussed on the Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast (where Sarah & Tara have appeared), and its premise of a Black high school football player transferring from Crenshaw to Beverly Hills reminded of all the good Black guest stars on 90210. It totally could have been a spin-off back in the day. 

http://m.cwtv.com/shows/all-american

I just started watching “All American” and the affable blond secondary character guy is the “Steve” to me since I don’t care enough to find out the character name. He’s even wearing a Hawaiian shirt in the beginning of episode 4. Hee!