Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: A Dark Knight: Queen Takes Knight

ElectricBoogaloo
  • Start Topic

11 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Then he would essentially be The Punisher, Batman needs that moral line in the sand.

The line is "There is someone who murders dozens of people without compunction; they must e put down."  I'm not a Punisher fan, but as I understand it,  he [a] is seeking revenge and is as ruthless and viscous as the people he hunts.  Anyone who puts an end to the Joker, Nygma, The Mad Hatter, etc, has not crossed a moral boundary as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jhlipton said:

The line is "There is someone who murders dozens of people without compunction; they must e put down."  I'm not a Punisher fan, but as I understand it,  he [a] is seeking revenge and is as ruthless and viscous as the people he hunts.  Anyone who puts an end to the Joker, Nygma, The Mad Hatter, etc, has not crossed a moral boundary as far as I'm concerned.

But where do you stop? Tabitha? Barbara? Selena? Butch? Harvey? Do you get a motorcycle and sunglasses and make like David Soul?

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

But where do you stop? Tabitha? Barbara? Selena? Butch? Harvey? Do you get a motorcycle and sunglasses and make like David Soul?

"Someone who murders dozens of people without compunction".  None of Selena, Butch or Harvey have done this,  Much a I love Tabby, I would not fault someone for saying "Enough people have died at her hand".  Definitely true for Barbara.  I see it as akin to putting down a vicious dog -- more ethical, in fact, since the dog doesn't know good from bad.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, jhlipton said:

"Someone who murders dozens of people without compunction".  None of Selena, Butch or Harvey have done this,  Much a I love Tabby, I would not fault someone for saying "Enough people have died at her hand".  Definitely true for Barbara.  I see it as akin to putting down a vicious dog -- more ethical, in fact, since the dog doesn't know good from bad.

Butch killed loads of people, admittedly at the Penguins behest. What about Victor?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Butch killed loads of people, admittedly at the Penguins behest. What about Victor?

I see Butch as more of a trigger-man.  He'll kill, but usually under orders.

Victor?  Well, duh!  He's possibly the worst of the bunch!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, jhlipton said:

I see Butch as more of a trigger-man.  He'll kill, but usually under orders.

Victor?  Well, duh!  He's possibly the worst of the bunch!

Problem with any vigilante is where do you draw the line? You can start off with all good intentions but then wake up one morning and realise you're the UVF? 

• Love 1
On 6/22/2018 at 11:16 PM, Joe Hellandback said:

Problem with any vigilante is where do you draw the line?

Yes, but there are more places to put and set the line than "I will not kill" or "I'm the Punisher."  Alfred has a pretty strong line, and won't cross it trivially but he's also willing to kill if need be.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Yes, but there are more places to put and set the line than "I will not kill" or "I'm the Punisher."  Alfred has a pretty strong line, and won't cross it trivially but he's also willing to kill if need be.

Also look at the practical side, if he started killing folks the GCPD would have to stop him.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

Also look at the practical side, if he started killing folks the GCPD would have to stop him.

KeystoneKops.jpg

SlightAdoredBunny-max-1mb.gif    giphy.gif

Edited by jhlipton
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1