Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Jenelle: The Ex-Files

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I do NOT remember when Jenelle was with Gary- when was this?

She dated Gary in between Kieffer relationships. Kieffer was at court with her, when Gary dealt with the DM charges. He was trying to act all tough. So She was with Gary before Kiefer 2.0: The Heroin Years. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Bridget said:

Did anyone else notice the camera zoomed in on Nathan right thigh/leg TWICE? It was almost as if the camera operator wanted to highlight someone's muscles. We know he thinks he's a body builder, but it was so unnatural and obvious to me. 

I definitely noticed it, but I think the camera person was shading Nathan by showing us 1) how ridiculous Nathan was in his (long sleeve?) button shirt and white shorts and 2) that Nathan skips leg day.  

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

She dated Gary in between Kieffer relationships. Kieffer was at court with her, when Gary dealt with the DM charges. He was trying to act all tough. So She was with Gary before Kiefer 2.0: The Heroin Years. 

Ah!! Thanks. 

• Love 1
On 12/12/2017 at 2:45 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I have soft spot for Keiffer. There was a running joke on the old TWOP boards where I used to lurk that Keiffer with his green hoodie & drug-induced philosophical musings had to be some MFA student doing performance art for his degree. We had a bunch of those Keiffer-esque weed-soaked musings tonight & I loved them.

I had forgotten all about that!  I wish I could remember my TWOP name.  As much fun as those boards were, I like it around here better.  

• Love 11

I loved this special ! 

It was clear to me, in the flashback scene of her talking to her friend in the park about the abortion , that's exactly how she would look today if she did not have MTV money- ratty hair and no plastic surgery. 

Andrew seems to have achieved zero personal growth in 8 years. 

Keiffer, Gary, Courtland , and Nathan all proved to have their moments of insight - I was surprised! 

• Love 4

I miss the halcyon days of yore with Keiffer on his grassy knoll. Those were more innocent times. Honestly, he is the best of her exes. Even with drugs in mind, he never beat her or would hurt the kids. I don’t trust UBT not to physically abuse her and the kids. We’re already hearing those allegations. 

• Love 14
On 12/12/2017 at 2:35 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This was everything I was hoping it would be. I have not watched a full episode of TM2 or TMOG in a loooong time....but I for sure did just spend the first day of my break between semesters (I work in higher ed) sleeping in then watching this.

Oh how I want MTV to do the following when David & Jenelle break up: a Flavor of Love/Rock of Love style show where all Jenelle's exes live in a house with her and compete for her love, complete with super trashy contests to win "dates" with her (who can make the best mason jar of water? who can name all of the times Jenelle has been arrested or pregnant in order? who can recite the most Kesha lyrics off the top of their head?) Instead of clocks and VIP passes, Jenelle can give out bongs. 

Oh Em Gee! YES! MTV, please make this happen!!! ?

• Love 3
On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 8:10 AM, druzy said:

Talking was my ex's definition of cheating- I should have mentioned that.

Thanks @Scarlett you explained it better.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, DangerousMinds said:

How does "talking" become cheating? Is there a definition of this word I'm not aware of?

When it comes to Nathan, if he is talking to another girl while in a relationship with someone else, that talking is happening because he plans to cheat or he is already cheating. Just like Kail did with her male friends. 

• Love 5
On 12/12/2017 at 11:09 AM, lgprimes said:

jocelyncavanaugh it’s not just you. Jenelle has always been my “favorite” teen mom in a guilty/sick way. I just get the sense that underneath her mental illness she is the smartest. In the early years she had real goals. However I think her anxiety drive her to ever harder drugs and now her brain is just fried. At this point I don’t think she is capable of being a good parent and I pity the children in her custody. It’s sad. But yeah I think that she and Maci (maybe Kail? If she could not be narcissistic for half an hour?) are the only ones out of the nine that I could spend any time with. Chelsea is sweet, but I also think she is low-IQ, so I guess I put her in a different category. I’m too much of a wise-ass to be around her.

I actually feel similarly. I admit to being biased against Chelsea because she seems very dim to me. Same with Leah. They're obviously much better people, parents, kinder, more moral, etc., but I do have my moments where I just can't stand to watch them because they seem so...not bright. *shrug* I'm shallow sometimes, I guess.

I agree that Jenelle has become much more of a narcissist over time. Kailyn seems inherently narcissistic in a way that won't change. Jenelle, I think, seems actually mentally ill in some way, so I don't really feel that I know what her personality is or what it would have been without the drugs. I've known people like that before--the drugs really destroyed them and you can see that years of drugs and fucked up situations/environments have left them hollow shells. They can't think clearly, make solid decisions, feel things. That's what I see in Jenelle. Maybe that would have happened anyway without the drugs, but I'm not sure. Seems like without them and without getting pregnant she might have been more of a Barbra: rough around the edges and not always the best decision-maker, but has some depth. Of course, now she will never be that. 

I wouldn't say the same for, say, Amber: She's awful, always would have been awful IMO. I don't know about Jenelle, especially given that even her exes who've had such patently horrible experiences with her do remember some nurturing, gentler times. Very weird.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 7

I believe Jenelle is rotten to the core and has always been this way. She is one of those evil people. She has no social skills and is very hostile. She has no care for others' feelings or pain. She has no empathy or sympathy. People who lack empathy, like Jenelle, tend to engage in some pretty fucked up behavior.  I am pretty positive that can occur without any drug use being an underlying reason. She has no cares for people and animals. Generally, people who mistreat animals will end up harming humans somehow. She talks about her dead animals as if she is explaining the weather. She thinks it is perfectly fine to mix fireworks and dogs.

Jenelle has a mason jar of poison where her heart should be. She will throw that shit out at anyone, including her own mother and children. 

I once read that dealing with a narcissist is like living with a war that never ends. 

I will take not-so bright people who are gentle, kind, loving, and "nourishing" to their children and pets over Satan's spawn any day. 

• Love 18

I agree, @GreatKazu.  I have a family member who was diagnosed by mental health professionals as a narcissist (after years of putting their parents through hell).  The doctors basically told the parents that the narcissist would never change.  Jenelle is, in totally my unqualified armchair psychologist opinion, a sociopath and narcissist.  She's always been that way and always will be. There's no hope she will ever feel any emotions for anyone but herself or ever "get better." 

As awful as Amber is, I do think I've occasionally seen a spark of something "human" behind her eyes. Jenelle's eyes have always been dead.  She'll never be completely "human."  I only have like 0.01% hope that Amber could get it together, but I have absolutely NONE that Jenelle could ever be "better."  

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 14
38 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I agree, @GreatKazu.  I have a family member who was diagnosed by mental health professionals as a narcissist (after years of putting their parents through hell).  The doctors basically told the parents that the narcissist would never change.  Jenelle is, in totally my unqualified armchair psychologist opinion, a sociopath and narcissist.  She's always been that way and always will be. There's no hope she will ever feel any emotions for anyone but herself or ever "get better." 

As awful as Amber is, I do think I've occasionally seen a spark of something "human" behind her eyes. Jenelle's eyes have always been dead.  She'll never be completely "human."  I only have like 0.01% hope that Amber could get it together, but I have absolutely NONE that Jenelle could ever be "better."  

100 percent agree.

Jenelle is who she is and there is no changing who she is. There is no hope. Aside from resembling her, Jenelle is in many ways like  Diane Downs and as far as we know, Diane was never a drug user. People are sometimes born a certain way. Amber at least showed some clarity and I had a a glimmer of hope when she appeared on Dr. Phil. That Amber exists somewhere within. Satan exists within Jenelle.  

• Love 9

My mother in law is a narcissist. Hands down. After yrs of mental abuse and the last straw was when she put her hands on me. Surprisingly it wasn’t when she threatened to kill me or kidnap my child and that she would HER mom. Nope. She put her hands on me as I was calling 911 to get her out of my house.  I didn’t know the word narcissist then.  I learned it later. The mental damage was done. I have panic attacks when I see her in town.  But we have been done with her for 8 yrs. It still affects me. Jenelle and her would get along great!

• Love 8

She'd get along great with my Birther. My saving grace is live too far away to visit. But mannnn is she ever pissed off that I brought my father to live with me. She actually said well what about me. I directed her to check in with her golden boys. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Scary and true. I feel like she just keeps having children because she THINKS they will always love HER. Instead of normal folk having children because we love THEM.

I think she has kids because she thought/thinks the soulmate of the week will forever be tied to her through the kid. She claims to hate Nathan but still loves to have some control over him through Kaiser. Probably pisses her off that Andrew bounced so completely when Jace was a baby and has never given a rat's ass about her. She also views having kids as a paycheck/job security.

• Love 6