Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Jenelle: The Ex-Files

GreatKazu
  • Start Topic

Jenelle, The Ex-Files. No description available, but I think it is pretty obvious from what has been put out there what this episode will be about.  Seems pretty damn stupid for Jenelle and David to send out C&D letters to various people and yet, they have no problem getting paid to discuss Jenelle's past lovers, boyfriends, and ex-husband. 

• Love 8
10 hours ago, Fosca said:

I hope it's all of Jenelle's exes talking smack about her for the entire episode.  No Jenelle or David commentary.  I'm sure it's too much to ask, though.

I think Jenelle and David will offer commentary. She posted a photo of MTV filming her scenes. 

• Love 4

I will be your guinea pig.

So the first one, who I assume is Andrew, is in NYC and works as an event coordinator. He has a key earring in one lobe only. Funny, self deprecating, thinks a lot of himself.  He is single because he says beings single is the best,  “ no drama, no depression” . He said he hasn’t seen Jenelle in 8 years. He met her on FB, then first time he saw her, he grabbed her and kissed her....all without saying a word.  Jenelle liked it so much she got into a relationship with him. But any normal woman would think that was assault. She told Andrew while pregnant that she didn’t think it was Andrew’s, which was the turning point for his affection toward her. Especially once he had to do the paternity test (99.97%).

he has been paying child support to “Jace Evans” for the last 3 years. He loves Jace and wants a relationship, even though he doesn’t google Jace because it will hurt him. 

Revisionist Jenelle history: relationship was puppy dog love *as David sits right in her line of sight, off camera*, the kiss was weird. She was mad once she realized she was going to be doing it by herself, and that was when , “that relationship was gone.” She decided to keep him out of Jace’s life instead of Andrew being in and out. 

Edited by Spiderella2
More thoughts
  • Love 18

Kieffah!!!!!

Kieffah Delp 2010, 2011, 2012

Is 27 yrs old. Lives in McKees Rocks, PA. Working on his art skills, draws and sculpts. Looks the same, just more filled out. Single. Met at a house Party and hit it up right away. Remembers more bad times than good times. Barbra’s voice is annoying and haunts his dreams. Says, “No matter what Barbara did, it was because she loved Janelle & loved Jace. She thought Kieffer was a bad influence on her. Also thinks that Barbara did not completely understand that if it wasn’t him, it would’ve been someone else (as in Janelle would have been with another douchebag). They kept breaking up and getting back together because Janelle is CRAZY. Planet Fun fight he had been drinking, and she was acting crazy like she always is. When they would break up, she would always be the one to run back to him. “Got to get her Kieffah back. I don’t blame her.” He thinks he tries to do the right thing most of the time, the right thing was just the wrong thing back then. It hurt his feelings that she broke up with him. 

Janelle Revisions: Kieffah was the sweetest of her exes. Funny, sense of humor. She was in love with him but he didn’t want to grow up and she did.  Also her old diaries, she found that Kieffah was talking to other girls (probably a lie or delusion.) They were on and off for years. But she blushes and says, there’s some shit, omg). Planet Fun fight was their worst fight. “After dealing with Andrew having an alcohol problem for a long time, that’s what made her mad” (she pressed charges). She bailed him out because over and over again because she felt bad and thought she could change him, (which she kept trying to do over and over again). She went her seperate way, and Kieffah kept wanting to do “what he wanted to do” (drugs, party) while she was on probation. Which is why they finally broke up. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Spell check, Bad times greater
  • Love 17

Title card: Gary Head 2012

Gary Robert Hood. From Lumberton, NC. 29 yrs old, barber. He’s wearing a hat and shirt that says Salty Crew (my guess is it’s barbershop.) Gotta use that MTV free publicity for some business sense, smart man. Hasn’t spoken to Janelle since 2015. Janelle grew on him and he likes Barbra. Barbra was a good woman, always took care of him, cooked for him was a good woman. He feels that Janelle was jealous of how fast him and Tori clicked. He did love Janelle at one point but Janelle came with a lot of issues, you know, between the drugs, the pot, it was just Bad, Bad news bears.”

Janelle Revisions: Introduced by a mutual friend, she liked his humor and was in love with him at the beginning, Jace really clicked with him.  Barbra liked Gary at first because he was steady and had a job, but then she “saw that he was unfaithful.” They argued a lot, it was every day arguing with him. The first time he tried to propose to her was out of desperation because they had a fight. She was so mad that he didn’t make it special. Janelle claims she got back with Kieffah because she had a void. 

Kieffah (WTF, he just popped up in another dudes segment! Nice double dipping there Janelle. And you wonder why people thing you are trash!—sorry, I just had to let that out?)

Kieffah had been getting letters from Janelle while he was in the poke (jail, prison?),  about how much she missed him and wanted to be with him. Then she wrote to tell him that she broke up with Gary. 

Andrew: “We we’re going to court for the domestic dispute...) 

——-

OMG it just got even more juicy! I need 10 minutes  I have got to watch this all the way through!

PAUSE

Edited by Spiderella2
Correct order, she mixed up her two relationships, timeline is blurry
  • Love 13

Gary Head, pt 2

So Gary had gone to court with Janelle over the domestic dispute, while there Kieffah bossed up and wanted to physically fight Gary. But Gary was in his Marine full uniform, with his boss, and boss’ boss, who had come to vouch for him in court that day. He was already in hot water, and he didn’t want any more drama. So he had to flee from that situation asap. Which is why Kieffah didn’t get his modern-day duel/fistfight that he so desperately wanted.

Gary got kicked out of the Marine Corps right there before the finish line, because of the domestic dispute with Janelle.  He still thinks that if she would have gotten away from Kieffah, they would have been able to have a good relationship. 

Janele Revisons: Barbra was so upset that Janelle got back with Kieffah. The biggest thing in her relationship with Kieffah was the drugs. Kieffah agreed, stating that the heroin broke them up. They were both two hot messes, high all the time. Janelle decided to get clean, and Kieffah hasn’t grown up yet. He currently doesn’t do hard drugs, but I still think he does marijuana, something about the way he said that. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Spellings
  • Love 12

Courtland Rogers, 2012-2013 (Title Card)

What, they found Courtland? Whoa! 

Courtland is Janelle’s ex-husband. He lives in Leland, NC, with his girlfriend, they have a baby on the way. Has been sober 2 years and works at an addiction treatment recovery center as a counselor. His GF chimes it’s a new life for them. Tori (Janelle’s sister), is his sisters BFF, so he always kept tabs on Janelle like a little sister. They were experimenting with heroin together and it escalated crazily. They were in court on his drug felony (heroin), and once the judge let him go, they went to the next courtroom and got married. The whole 2 yrs he remembers 2 days. He found out Janelle was pregnant with his child while he was in jail. He was in jail for the charges of them being caught doing heroin together, when he heard on the grapevine that Janelle (still his wife) was with a supermodel (wow, another delusion Janelley?). He realized he could not compete with that and bowed out. +++end scene+++++

Janelle Revisions: They met a long time ago. He treated her as a little sister. Checked himself out of rehab for heroin just to come to town to do more heroin with her. She had bronchitis and found out she was pregnant. She was petrified to be tied down with him in any way, that the child would not have a good father, and she decided to terminate the pregnancy. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Added heroin, and Tori’s relationship, spellings
  • Love 12

Janelle Revisions

After a year, she moved to Myrtle Beach, had to wait a year, to file for divorce from Courtland. 

Courtland: He overlapped into 2014 his relationship with Janelle. She was dating Nathan from 2013 but still married to Courtland. He would have wanted to be with her the rest of his life, they would have been still together. but they were so broken that they could not fix it. He hasn’t seen Janelle since the day they got arrested. He does know “her current husband”, they were in prison together. David got out 3 weeks before Courtland (who like an idiot had been talking about his cash cow Janelle while on the inside.). By the time Courtland gets out, David is already dating Janelle. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Grammar, spelling of Nathan’s name
  • Love 19

Nathan Griffith 2013-2015

Met on an app. 30 yrs old, Athens, OH. First date was good. He did rush things because he got so attached and felt he needed her in his life. He felt that his life having stability and a family was possible because they didn’t fight for the first 6 months. (ETA: that’s is called the honeymoon phase for a reason Nathan!) 8 or 9 months dating, she’s 3 months pregnant, and starts getting more and more loco, more fighting. He was like, “holy hell, what did I get myself into?” and suggesting she get an abortion. He didn’t want to raise a child in a chaotic atmosphere. But the sweetest moment was when his son was born. He wasn’t in trouble with the law for 6 or 7 years before he met Janelle. He got a DUI 0.01 above the limit. He feeds into the drama, but can only live with the drama for so long. He is sad his family isn’t together. 

Janelle Revision: Barbra first thought Nathan was such a good guy because he was nice and introduced himself. She thought he was the right person because he seemed like a good father figure. (Is she trying to blame Barbra for this train wreck of a relationship?) Barbra fought over him drinking. As we know, he becomes loco when he drinks.  The most touching moment for her was when he got out of jail for the first DUI. So much emotions and tenderness. But then they started fighting the same day, duh. Biggest problem was the drinking, leaving her alone at times, taking to other girls. She doesn’t miss anything about Nathan, “all families need to get along to make it work, and everyone needs to remain civil.”

Then she met David. 

Edited by Spiderella2
Nathan is crazy, italic commentary
  • Love 14

They met on Tinder. The pictures matched up. Except now we all know it was because he purposely went looking for her when he got out of jail, and not a fateful coincidence like they want the world to believe.  He says to her, “I love the fact that we are a team, we bicker, but we like each other.” Rationalizing if you don’t fight daily, then you don’t have a real relationship. The two of them are so delusional. They truly believe that EVERY relationship has explosive fights like theirs, daily fighting is normal, and shows how deep their love is. He thinks their engagement stuck out the most on the show. The boring engagement, where you just drove to some mountain, lit a few candles, and had the crew set it all up for you? That engagement was the most special moment?More than the birth of your child Endtable, the day you moved into the swamp, or your wedding day? Okay? Janelle had no idea He was going to propose. Back to the fighting, “I get so intense  because I want so hard for you to be my wife, “ he concludes to her.

Janelle version: She saw he was a family man, and how accepting he was about her boys. Immediately they warmed up to him. They are both last borns, and have dysfunctional relationships with their parents and deep angst-filled issues with their families of origin. They meshed their kids quickly, she got Pregnant very early in their relationship. She had no idea about the proposal (who cares?). Do they really think we care that the proposal was a huge secret?  She has been engaged several times buddy, yours is just the third one, I’m sure there will be many more proposals to come if you don’t murder her.  She thought their wedding was amazing, great and everything they wanted. True revisionist moment here because even in the special she complained twice that she wished her family was there, esp Barbara. I truly think that if it was just up to Janelle, with no David abuse/control, she would have wanted her mom there on her wedding day. And Babs really wanted to attend and probably would have come if Janelle had called to invite her, even last minute. It’s so sad how David was able to insert himself and over time completely erode their relationship. Granted it is dysfunctional, but Babs has ALWAYS been there for Janelle.  Hopefully once Lurch is out of the picture, Babs & Janelle will reunite.   “It (wedding) pulled together at the last minute, but we got it done. I think something somewhere told me, we made you wait for your one,” she says in her usual deadpan tone. It sounds like she is trying to convince us and herself, that Lurch is her happily ever after. 

The End.

(now I’m going to sip some Moscato,grrrrrr)

Edited by Spiderella2
Commentary in italics, spellings, David is a tool
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Spiderella2 said:

He does know “her current husband”, they were in prison together. David got out 3 weeks before Courtland (who like an idiot had been talking about his cash cow Janelle while on the inside.). By the time Courtland gets out, David is already dating Janelle. 

Confirmation. 

• Love 8

Thanks @Spiderella2 I wanted to watch it but didn’t and you helped save me a lot of time.

You know, I always had a little soft spot for Keiffer. He was one of the few booooooyfriends that legitimately liked, or loved Jenelle and not for the MTV money.

He was not good for her, nor was she, but there was genuine love there. So looooong Keiffer. R.I.P the green hoodie.

Edited by Calm81
Autocorrect placed “of” in place of “for”
  • Love 19

This was kind of a let down for me because I expected the boys to be snarkier. I ended up falling asleep partway through Nathan’s segment. But I did find it interesting that each of the first three guys had good things to say about Barbara! Even Kieffer, although he couldn’t resist making a crack about her voice, lol.

And as usual, Barb, wins MVP of the episode.

• Love 20
11 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

He does know “her current husband”, they were in prison together. David got out 3 weeks before Courtland (who like an idiot had been talking about his cash cow Janelle while on the inside.). By the time Courtland gets out, David is already dating Janelle. 

Yeah, when I heard that....I was shocked! David obviously planned that and I find that very unsettling.  

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 15

Maybe it's because it's the holiday season or I'm just feeling nice toward the wayward youths because the semester is done and grades are turned in, but this kind of made me feel sorry for Jenelle. She does and says lots of awful things but I think there is something decent or at least pitiable about her. In terms of baseline likability, I'd much rather be stuck in a waiting room or elevator with Jenelle than with Kailyn, Catelynn, Farrah, or Leah. Those four are all much dumber and/or more aggressive whereas Jenelle can pull off sociability for a few minutes. 

I was also surprised at how charming most of her exes can be, at least for a few minutes on camera. Nathan comes across pretty well if you don't know any better. Kieffer is a lovable scamp. Courtland and Gary are so similar I can't distinguish my impressions of them but they seem fairly self-aware. Andrew is... employed. So that's nice. 

David is far and away the worst we've seen, despite being possibly the only one NOT to do heroin with Jenelle. I hope she finally gains some maturity and takes that little ancient Peruvian baby far away from him and figures out a way to have a decent post-MTV life. 

• Love 10

jocelyncavanaugh it’s not just you. Jenelle has always been my “favorite” teen mom in a guilty/sick way. I just get the sense that underneath her mental illness she is the smartest. In the early years she had real goals. However I think her anxiety drive her to ever harder drugs and now her brain is just fried. At this point I don’t think she is capable of being a good parent and I pity the children in her custody. It’s sad. But yeah I think that she and Maci (maybe Kail? If she could not be narcissistic for half an hour?) are the only ones out of the nine that I could spend any time with. Chelsea is sweet, but I also think she is low-IQ, so I guess I put her in a different category. I’m too much of a wise-ass to be around her.

Edited by lgprimes
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Oh how I want MTV to do the following when David & Jenelle break up: a Flavor of Love/Rock of Love style show where all Jenelle's exes live in a house with her and compete for her love, complete with super trashy contests to win "dates" with her (who can make the best mason jar of water? who can name all of the times Jenelle has been arrested or pregnant in order?) Instead of clocks and VIP passes, Jenelle can give out bongs. 

Viacom we all know you read this forum. Make it happen!!! If you need title suggestions, I'll start:

Dude of Love

Flavor of Leemeealone

Anxiety of Love

A Shot at Love II: As Short as Tila Tequila; Possibly Crazier

Carolina Love

Kieffer of Love (since we all know he will win)

• Love 16

Andrew and to a lesser extent, Keiffer, look like anti-drugs ads. If Andrew is an "event planner," I'm sure the only events he's planning are meet-ups with dealers to score some meth or crack. Homeboy looks rough....like someone from a scary "this is what withdrawals are like, don't do drugs" video. And wtf with that earring?

I have soft spot for Keiffer. There was a running joke on the old TWOP boards where I used to lurk that Keiffer with his green hoodie & drug-induced philosophical musings had to be some MFA student doing performance art for his degree. We had a bunch of those Keiffer-esque weed-soaked musings tonight & I loved them. He was so right that Barb did everything she did because she loves Jenelle and Jace but that if it wasn't Keiffer, it would have been some other dude "being a bad influence" on Jenelle because Jenelle is a damn bad influence on herself all alone. Did y'all see how Keiffer's jaw seemed kind of locked and how he was rocking himself back and forth? Keiffer is still obviously dealing with some huge drug issues besides just pot. I like Keiffer (as a reality "star," I sure wouldn't date him) and wish he'd get it together. 

Gary was the best guy Jenelle ever had. He did seem to give a shit about Jace and Jenelle and had his shit mostly together. I don't know if I believe her domestic violence claims against him (FWIW, I almost always believe victims) just because it's Jenelle. She may have hit him, he kind of restrained her and she called 911.....then his military career was over. I've always thought Gary was too good for Jenelle. He has a job and skill, too. And I saw Ryan Dolph getting Gary to cut his hair. Sneaky move to get on the show. 

Add Courtland in to the list of anti-drug commercial boyfriends. Homeboy looks rough. How old is he? He looks 50. His voice sounds like that of a friend who had a long-term addiction to smoking crack and cigarettes (and who has been clean for years, but his voice is inevitably damaged).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 17
5 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Andrew and to a lesser extent, Keiffer, look like anti-drugs ads.

Right? I said, in the other thread, that this episode was like a police line-up or an extra special edition of Intervention. Andrew looked AWFUL. I found it interesting that Coatland is apparently 2 years sober and working with addicts. Isn't that a bit newly sober to have a profession like that? 

6 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Gary was the best guy Jenelle ever had. He did seem to give a shit about Jace and Jenelle and had his shit mostly together. I don't know if I believe her domestic violence claims against him (FWIW, I almost always believe victims) just because it's Jenelle. She may have hit him, he kind of restrained her and she called 911.....then his military career was over. I've always thought Gary was too good for Jenelle. He has a job and skill, too.

I'm with you. I think Gary was the best of the bunch. He was always polite to Barb and Jace was sooooo attached to him. Kids can sense evil, y'all. 

As for the DM, I thought the story that came out (can't remember from whom) was that Jenelle got into Gary's phone in the middle of the night and saw him "talking to girls" (should be one of her catch phrases. I wonder what happens if they got out to a restaurant and a female is waiting on them? Does Jenelle order for David? Don't talk to girls!) and pounced on him. I thought SHE attacked him first, and he likely just did what he had to in order to get her off. I can believe that, from what we've seen of Jenelle. He may have got a little too rough, in the heat of the moment, but I don't believe he just started choking her or anything. Of course, I'D love to choke Jenelle.

Sucks too, because it ruined Gary's military career. 

• Love 17
2 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I was also surprised at how charming most of her exes can be, at least for a few minutes on camera. Nathan comes across pretty well if you don't know any better. Kieffer is a lovable scamp. Courtland and Gary are so similar I can't distinguish my impressions of them but they seem fairly self-aware. Andrew is... employed. So that's nice. 

He really is!  

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 7

I love how basically all of the exes had something nice to say about Barbara. Ha! You know Jenelle is irked at that!

Also, props to MTV for including David in this so they can just edit it a bit once he is also an ex and Jenelle is onto her next soulmate. Also, Jenelle's kitchen is really nice looking. Ugh.

• Love 11

When they briefly cut to Nathan's talking head during Kaiser's birth scene, did I detect a tear streaming down his face when he talked about Kaiser's birth?

Gah, Nathan! You kill me! I think you do actually love Kaiser (as opposed to Jenelle who can't love anyone but herself/current soulmate) somewhere deep inside your issues with anger, addictions, and just genuinely being a crappy person. I wish you could get it together for Kaiser (and your daughter).

And Jenelle saying at the end that if you aren't "bickering" (i.e.: screaming fights) with your significant other, you don't love them.....well, she pretty much summed up her whole problem with relationships and men right there. She's exhausting. Even Nathan's famewhore ass got exhausted with it and broke up with her even if it meant not being on the show as much, losing her money to pay for his cars, etc. I'm sure David is beyond exhausted, too, by this point but is "smart" enough not to leave or lose control of his cash cow. Those guys suck but in many ways they are "earning" the cars, trucks, toys, land, etc that Jenelle buys them.

I also believe that Jenelle would dump David or whoever her soulmate of the moment was in an instant if Nathan or Keiffer started trying to get back with her. That's why David has to watch her 24/7 (and she him, as she probably assumes everyone is the same way). She had it bad for both of them.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 20

@MyPeopleAreNordic I remember those TwoP discussions about Kieffer being an acting student! (My screen name was the same as this one)

I do NOT remember when Jenelle was with Gary- when was this?

I think before drugs got to her brain Jenelle did have the highest iq, but I also think she is not capable of basic empathy and understanding. Of all the TM’s I’d rather be stuck in an elevator with Chelsea or Kailyn- Kailyn doesn’t seem like the type to go off on random people for no reason. She would probably just text on her phone. I would talk to Chelsea about makeup. Jenelle would wax poetic about how she’s stressed, Leah is just too dim for me. 

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

When they briefly cut to Nathan's talking head during Kaiser's birth scene, did I detect a tear streaming down his face when he talked about Kaiser's birth?

Gah, Nathan! You kill me! I think you do actually love Kaiser (as opposed to Jenelle who can't love anyone but herself/current soulmate) somewhere deep inside your issues with anger, addictions, and just genuinely being a crappy person. I wish you could get it together for Kaiser (and your daughter).

And Jenelle saying at the end that if you aren't "bickering" (i.e.: screaming fights) with your significant other, you don't love them.....well, she pretty much summed up her whole problem with relationships and men right there. She's exhausting. Even Nathan's famewhore ass got exhausted with it and broke up with her even if it meant not being on the show as much, losing her money to pay for his cars, etc. I'm sure David is beyond exhausted, too, by this point but is "smart" enough not to leave or lose control of his cash cow. Those guys suck but in many ways they are "earning" the cars, trucks, toys, land, etc that Jenelle buys them.

I also believe that Jenelle would dump David or whoever her soulmate of the moment was in an instant if Nathan or Keiffer started trying to get back with her. That's why David has to watch her 24/7 (and she him, as she probably assumes everyone is the same way). She had it bad for both of them.

OMG I nearly puked at Jenelle's comment about the bickering. First of all, she doesn't bicker. Who is she kidding? That girl doesn't bicker. She SCREAMS, YELLS, CURSES, AND SHRIEKS!!! 

I wish I could tell her (not that it matters to her) how my parents never bickered, argue, or fought in the presence of us kids, not in front of other family members. Never. I never heard my father call my mother a name. My mother never called my father a name. If those two had any disagreements, they hid it very well and kept it from the family. I am certain to this day that they never had a disagreement. They knew how to communicate and compromise. My parents never used profanity to each other or to anyone. Jenelle's world is filled with so much of the opposite. It doesn't have to be that way. She is right that it is normal to have disagreements or to bicker. What is not normal and should not be tolerated is how Jenelle handles disagreements. 

I am amazed how Jenelle is able to turn off her emotions in an instant. During the scene where they showed Jenelle screaming at Nathan about talking to other girls, the scene where she had her hair in a braid, she screaming at Nathan at the top of her lungs while her face was all scrunched up and she appeared to be crying. Suddenly, he yelled something to her and in an instant her face went into a relaxed mode and her voice level went down. It is as if she is just putting on these theatrics to garner attention, but once she realizes she isn't getting it, she either steps it up or she suddenly stops.

Can someone break that down for me? Is that related to her Bipolar disorder? Is it something else? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I am amazed how Jenelle is able to turn off her emotions in an instant. During the scene where they showed Jenelle screaming at Nathan about talking to other girls, the scene where she had her hair in a braid, she screaming at Nathan at the top of her lungs while her face was all scrunched up and she appeared to be crying. Suddenly, he yelled something to her and in an instant her face went into a relaxed mode and her voice level went down. It is as if she is just putting on these theatrics to garner attention, but once she realizes she isn't getting it, she either steps it up or she suddenly stops.

Can someone break that down for me? Is that related to her Bipolar disorder? Is it something else? 

Maybe Jenelle knew Nathan was talking /cheating with other women but realized at that moment he would leave her if she continued with her hysterics so she stifled her feelings in an effort to prevent Nathan’s  departure. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Viacom we all know you read this forum. Make it happen!!! If you need title suggestions, I'll start:

Dude of Love

Flavor of Leemeealone

Anxiety of Love

A Shot at Love II: As Short as Tila Tequila; Possibly Crazier

Carolina Love

Kieffer of Love (since we all know he will win)

Those sound like perfect shades of nail polish to me!

As long as everyone else is touting cosmetics, we should all get in on that, especially with those awesome names!

6 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Right? I said, in the other thread, that this episode was like a police line-up or an extra special edition of Intervention. Andrew looked AWFUL. I found it interesting that Coatland is apparently 2 years sober and working with addicts. Isn't that a bit newly sober to have a profession like that? 

I'm with you. I think Gary was the best of the bunch. He was always polite to Barb and Jace was sooooo attached to him. Kids can sense evil, y'all. 

As for the DM, I thought the story that came out (can't remember from whom) was that Jenelle got into Gary's phone in the middle of the night and saw him "talking to girls" (should be one of her catch phrases.

That's GOT to go on the nail polish line up for colors

How can we fit "Dramastically" in there?

Edited by Bridget
content
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, druzy said:

Maybe Jenelle knew Nathan was talking /cheating with other women but realized at that moment he would leave her if she continued with her hysterics so she stifled her feelings in an effort to prevent Nathan’s  departure. 

How does "talking" become cheating? Is there a definition of this word I'm not aware of?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

How does "talking" become cheating? Is there a definition of this word I'm not aware of?

In that sense “talking” does not mean “using spoken or written word to communicate facts or pleasantries” it means “flirting, preparing to meet for sex, putting in queue to have sex when you’re pissed at your partner and want to cheat”. 

If I told my friends “hey I just started talking to this guy”, I mean we just started communicating our interest to each other in the early phases of dating. (Second Date hasn’t occurred yet)

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
22 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

[Andrew] met her on FB, then first time he saw her, he grabbed her and kissed her....all without saying a word. 

You left out that she was 16 and he was I think 21.  Nice.

20 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

Janelle Revision: Barbra first thought Nathan was such a good guy because he was nice and introduced himself.

And she liked Gary because he had a job, and she was all giggly when David hugged her that first time.  I know Barbara wants nothing more than for Jenelle to find a great person to make a life with, but she really should take some time to evaluate the people Jenelle brings around, and keep some distance for a while, especially given Jenelle's execrable track record. 

20 hours ago, Spiderella2 said:

[David] says to her, “I love the fact that we are a team, we bicker, but we like each other. Rationalizing if you don’t fight daily, then you don’t have a real relationship.

That thinking always drives me crazy, not least because I think they actually believe it.  Part (not all, dummies) of a relationship is disagreeing, and kids can learn a lot by watching their parents disagree and come out on the other side.  Well, not these parents, obviously, but I just have to wonder about people who think arguing all the time is acceptable, never mind the sign of a good relationship.  Probably the same ones who think he's super jealous because he loves her super much.

13 hours ago, lgprimes said:

This was kind of a let down for me because I expected the boys to be snarkier.

I didn't think they needed to be--the facts alone were enough to leave me sadly shaking my head.  Jenelle is what, 25 years old?  That's a whole lot of history, almost none of it good, for somebody that age.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, StatisticalOutlier said:

1. You left out that she was 16 and he was 21.  Nice.

2. Jenelle is what, 25 years old?  That's a whole lot of history, almost none of it good, for somebody that age.

1. Isn't that what is commonly referred to as "statutory rape" in the USA? I knew he was older, but never gave it much though. However, 21 is a huge difference, especially when she's 16. I wouldn't be shocked if they lied about their ages, but how does one produce "eligibility to work" forms (passport or something with a DOB on it) in order to get theirTM money? I'm assuming Andrew got something for his episode of 16&P. 

To me, that age difference shit romanticizes the notion of these teenage girls looking for "older men" because "high school boys are lame." Yes, that's true. The boys are lame because they are boys, but so are the girls. Newsflash to teens: at the end of the day, you are all just KIDS in bigger/taller bodies. I don't get the need to "date" or be exclusive in high school. They break up after a week anyway. And then cry about it in class. And then I have to pretend like I care. And offer them my "good" Kleenex from home. And then I have to send them outside for some water because they won't shut up about their soul mate breaking up with them.

2. I thought the SAME thing. As each on of the exes was talking, another one would appear. I kept thinking "who is next?" It's too bad she never took time to be by herself (OR parent her son - just an idea). She strikes me as one of those needy/clingy bitches who always needs a man and who isn't ever single. My own cousin was like that (minus the teen pregnancy and heroin) and it killed me. She went from guy to guy to guy. Never had any time for other people or family. I rec'd a text from her on a Tuesday night asking me if I was free to attend her wedding TWO DAYS LATER. Sure. I was going to skip yoga anyway. 

Did anyone else notice the camera zoomed in on Nathan right thigh/leg TWICE? It was almost as if the camera operator wanted to highlight someone's muscles. We know he thinks he's a body builder, but it was so unnatural and obvious to me. 

• Love 11

Jenelle was two months shy of her 18th birthday when she gave birth to Jace. 

Statutory rape laws in N. Carolina seem to show that one has to be younger than 16 years of age (along with other factors) for the law to be applied. Glancing at the various factors it appears one must be 15 years of age with the older person being at least 20 years of age. It must be more than four years difference. Jenelle wouldn't have qualified since she was 16 years of age not fifteen. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think before drugs got to her brain Jenelle did have the highest iq, but I also think she is not capable of basic empathy and understanding. Of all the TM’s I’d rather be stuck in an elevator with Chelsea or Kailyn- Kailyn doesn’t seem like the type to go off on random people for no reason. She would probably just text on her phone. I would talk to Chelsea about makeup. Jenelle would wax poetic about how she’s stressed, Leah is just too dim for me. 

Once upon a time, I thought AMBER was the nicest Teen mom.  She seemed down-to-earth & had some pretty funny one-liners.  (she's kinda been drinking her own Kool-Aid, though, and she's out!)

Now, hmmm, idk, I guess I'd prefer talking to Leah, I'd just keep asking her questions about the girlses & laughing at the cute stories about them.

• Love 2
On 12/11/2017 at 11:06 PM, Spiderella2 said:

Revisionist Jenelle history: relationship was puppy dog love *as David sits right in her line of sight, off camera*, the kiss was weird. 

The whole show I just kept picturing David sitting right there, controlling every word she said.  "You better not say you loved any of these men!"  I'm surprised he went along with this.

• Love 11
49 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

The whole show I just kept picturing David sitting right there, controlling every word she said.  "You better not say you loved any of these men!"  I'm surprised he went along with this.

He was probably off camera next to the producer, and negotiated final cut. 

• Love 14
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Talking was my ex's definition of cheating- I should have mentioned that.

12 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

In that sense “talking” does not mean “using spoken or written word to communicate facts or pleasantries” it means “flirting, preparing to meet for sex, putting in queue to have sex when you’re pissed at your partner and want to cheat”. 

If I told my friends “hey I just started talking to this guy”, I mean we just started communicating our interest to each other in the early phases of dating. (Second Date hasn’t occurred yet)

Thanks @Scarlett you explained it better.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

This. I 100% believe that if Kieffer came sniffing back around, she would be all over that. UBT would seethe with rage and would rain uppercuts on The Land!

• Love 9