Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E08: Cupid Painted Blind

Princess Sparkle
  • Start Topic

Cookie and Lucious take matters into their own hands as they watch Diana DuBois' master scheme unfold. Meanwhile, Andre begins to spiral out of control, wondering what she could have in store for him. Also, Jamal's sobriety is put to the test and Shine gives Hakeem advice on how to maintain a balance between his work and personal life.

I've had plenty of "Oh Shit" moments while watching this show.

Tonight? OH SHIT!!!! THE FOOP?!?!  I never would have guessed that Pamela was never real.  Well played show.  

Other notes:

-Shyne gave Hakeem gave more advice in 2 minutes than Lucious probably did in his entire life.

-Hakeem and Jamal's song was pretty decent.

-Tiana's song sounds like a Rihanna number that almost made the final cut.

-Thirsty is still one of the greatest characters on this show.

The fall finale is going to be gonzos. I can't wait. 

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Dream Boy said:

My mind is blown right now. Lol Empire done snatched all my edges with that Pamela reveal. Holy shit lol 

My edges are as bald as Naomi Campbell’s. I  NEVER saw that coming. WOW. Bravo, Empire!

• Love 11

Damn, I did NOT see that coming.  When Pamela said she was LVPD, I was like, “damn, I knew there was something off about her.”  But I had no idea that something was that she didn’t exist.  At All.  Damn, my mind is blown.

But, didn’t Pamela show up before Diana got that doctor to mess with Andre’s meds?

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 9

At first I thought Andre had just hallucinated killing Pamela because his meds are messed up. Like, I actually thought she was real! Oh show, you got me! Also, Trail Byers was great in this ep.

Liked seeing Jamal and Hakeem making music together again.

Lucious still seems subdued. I guess some of Dwight is still hanging around.

Ugh - Hakeem, stop being a damn asshole.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

But, didn’t Pamela show up before Diana got that doctor to mess with Andre’s meds?

I can't quite remember the timeline but it is possible the stress of the car bomb and the guilt caused him to start hallucinating and messing with the meds only made it worse? 

I was shocked by the Pamela reveal. I knew when she brought up the shooting the first time that something was up but I figured she was just playing him not that she'd never been there. 

Shine is my favourite character. His family setup is strange but if it works, good. 

• Love 4

I was kinda relieved that Pamela turned out to be a hallucination. The trope of all those professional women dropping their panties and risking their careers at the first sight of Andre was getting old for me.

I know Jamal's and Hakeem's drunk jam session was supposed to be cute, but I'm worried about Jamal falling off the wagon. It's also a bit sad that he kept the pills and booze around, like he didn't believe in himself enough.

• Love 1

I am so confused about how I’m supposed to feel about Shine. Last season he was a villain, but this season he is everyone’s support person. When did Shine start caring about other people? Was there a “Come to Jesus” storyline that I missed?

Poor Andre. I saw the double crossing girlfriend storyline a mile away, but not the imaginary girlfriend.  Nice pump fake by the writers.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, chocolatine said:

It's also a bit sad that he kept the pills and booze around, like he didn't believe in himself enough.

I gasped when I saw him take out the alcohol and drugs from their hiding places. I felt so sad for Jamal.

• Love 2

What an awesome episode! I totally didn't see that business coming. Next week does indeed look Gonzo with one exception. It looks like we are going to see the return of Demi Moore's character and I absolutely loathe that character. 

• Love 5

Oooooh-WEE, now that’s what I call an ending to an episode!!

Liked Shine trying to calm Hakeem down regarding Bella….that was a bad house he, his baby mamas and kids had, I love my Victorian houses.

I wish Diana’s mama’s ring had gotten smashed into the street, would have served that heiffa right.

WTF was with Hakeem’s outfit, in that acid washed outfit I thought he was going to break into a verse of NE’s Cool It Now.  And co-sign to those who previously wished Yaz would get rid of the Gumby hairstyle.  Anyhew, I felt for him in trying to get Bella back and hope he eventually does.

Okay, now onto the best part of the episode….Andre!  Finally I was impressed with Trai, and not just his booming body.  I never would have guessed that Pamela was just a figment of his coo-coo for Cocoa Puffs imagination.  From his Keith Sweating of Pamela to forgive him to his total breakdown at the end, and ooh, when Pamela finally revealed herself to Andre?  Mannnn, I was screaming at the telly!

Damn how I wish we’d get a two hour finale but god forbid Star gets bumped for the evening.  I see Demi’s back, I bet she’s the one that shoved the needle into Lucious’ neck.

• Love 5

I absolutely loved this episode. And it was interesting that Pamela never existed. And to know that I thought she was possibly another set up by the Dubois family was quite the twist I never saw coming. Jamal and Hakeem, it's great that they are recording music again, but I am so afraid that Jamal may not be able to control himself with the alcohol and pills. And Hakeem, he needed that slap and definitely deserved it, because he needs to start realizing that Tiana was just trying to help him. 

And Shine giving Hakeem advice was nice, and I hope he listens, but that might be easier said than done with him, because he won't listen. Cookie throwing Diana's mother's ring into the street was interesting. I can't wait until next week.

• Love 2

Yes, I think so, because the first time Andre met with that new (DuBois) doctor, Andre told him, "I've met someone!" and was talking about her.

As messed up as Andre is right now, I'm glad Pamela wasn't real. I didn't like her from the beginning, which I guess is appropriate for something that's not real anyway.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Biggie B said:

Yes, I think so, because the first time Andre met with that new (DuBois) doctor, Andre told him, "I've met someone!" and was talking about her.

That's not the first time Andre met with Dr. Lambert. Andre had been seeing him since the beginning of the season.

That's not the first time Andre met with Dr. Lambert. Andre had been seeing him since the beginning of the season.

Ah, OK, I don't pay that close attention - I thought last week or the week before was the first time he'd seen the evil DuBois-employed Doctor. 

3 hours ago, Biggie B said:

As messed up as Andre is right now, I'm glad Pamela wasn't real. I didn't like her from the beginning, which I guess is appropriate for something that's not real anyway.

Me too because I’m glad he didn’t kill her. But WOW, that is fucking low as shit to drive someone crazy like that. You could tell Cookie was like “If it wasn’t war before, it damn sure is now.”

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Me too because I’m glad he didn’t kill her. But WOW, that is fucking low as shit to drive someone crazy like that. You could tell Cookie was like “If it wasn’t war before, it damn sure is now.”

Yes.   I can't even.  This was the first time I've been shocked by a show in forever.  I thought Pamela was a DuBois because last season they had Angelo,  Warren, and Warren's sister meet with Clair Huxtable.   Never guessed she was imaginary.

I'm all for a spin off of Shine 's family life in place of Star. 

• Love 6

Absolutely brilliant, mind-blowing twist with the Pamela reveal!!! 

This is one of the best, well-written plot twists I've seen in a very long time. My mind is still playing back all the scenes from the past episodes between Andre and this Pamela and I just can't get how one's mind can get so warped that their delusions become an actual reality to them. I still believe every scene between those two were real. So who was Andre actually sleeping in bed with, stripping on that balcony for, having sex in that bathroom in the restaurant with, and the news on TV about her involvement in a shooting??? So all of this was all in Andre's mind?? Thinking about it all now, I realize that none of Andre's friends or family actually saw him with Pamela. Well played Empire writers, well played. OMG!!! It will take me a while to get over this.

Andre is undeniably a superb actor as I have always acknowledged from the start of this show. Absolutely brilliant performance by him. No way in hell did I ever suspect that something was off. His acting was 100% convincing. Give the guy his award already. 

Mrs. Dubois is one hell of a witch played with debonair by Felicia R. A classy but undeniably diabolical woman who seems uppity but deep down she has no soul. She meant it when she said she will destroy all of the Lyon boys and boy has she ripped every single one of them apart. Andre is the worst. He was already unstable dealing with the guilt of bombing his father. That Dubois doctor didn't have to do much to completely destroy his mind. Pure evil. I wonder if Andre will recover from this mess. This all seems too much.

Cookie is my champion as usual. When she threw that Dubois heirloom ring on the streets, I thought Mrs. Dubois would go for it and get run over by a car. Boy! was I disappointed that she sent her guards instead. Mrs. Dubois deserves a very cruel death and I trust Cookie to handle that squarely. It is WAR and Cookie is ready. They messed with her cubs and she won't have any of it. Mother Lyon is out to kill...LOL!!! I was not surprised that warren spilled the beans on the Dubois evil plot. A little too late I said and I'm glad Jamal beat him to a pulp. Too bad Jamal doesn't choose his dates wisely. 

So disappointed Jamal is back on drugs and alcohol again. I was crushed. I hope he stops himself from sinking down that hole again.

Tiana giving Hakeem that slap was one of the highlights of the episode. It's about time someone knocked him a few notches down. The boy is spoiled rotten. Not sure how I felt about Shine giving him a prep talk and advice. I still don't know what to make of Shine. Are his intentions good or bad? He seems to take pride in having kids with multiple girlfriends but for a character like Shine, it doesn't surprise me. Hakeem should learn from his father not from Shine.

Lucious seems a little too subdued and I am beginning to wonder if something else is wrong with him. He looked tired and slow and didn't seem to express much anger. I agree with Cookie. The real Lucious has not shown up for his family.........yet. I'm still waiting for the Lyon himself to wake up and pounce.

Next episode looks to be one for the archives. Everyone will be ready for this one. The stakes are too high.

This scene pulled every emotional string in my body. The expression on Cookie's face, the way she holds onto her boy....PRICELESS!!!

Job well done Empire. 10/10

giphy.gif

• Love 2
12 hours ago, crossover said:

Not me.  I hope this never happens. Did he say he had 3 sets of kids about the same age by 3 women?

I get your point, but I think the OP was saying that ANYTHING is better than "Star", even a test pattern.

• Love 3

Trai (and the writers) deserve ALL the Emmys for this episode!!!

The shot at the restaurant was brilliant.  There is one second where you see a diner react to Andre talking to himself, but the rest look like they're reacting to what we saw.  (We watched it a few times!)  It looks like Thirsty showed up just after "Pamela left".

18 hours ago, Margohill said:

Absolutely brilliant, mind-blowing twist with the Pamela reveal!!! 

So who was Andre actually sleeping in bed with, stripping on that balcony for, having sex in that bathroom in the restaurant with, and the news on TV about her involvement in a shooting???

Hakeem should learn from his father not from Shine.

The flashbacks showed Andre in bed with "Pamela" and showed him kissing empty air.

Both Lucious and Shyne have had multiple partners, but Shyne [a] makes sure they know about each other and seems to treat them with respect.  I'll take Shyne's view of relationships over Lucious' any day.

• Love 3

There was actually a few hints but they were incredibly well covered so we over looked them.  But I went back and watched every scene that Pamela Rose was in.  One thing I noticed is that other than the very first time we meet her at the bar, she never changed her outfit.  She pretty much had on the same exact suit.   

The second hint is that nearly every time he saw her they were usually by themselves.  The only exceptions being the first time we meet her and the scene at the restaurant.  But again, both of these were so well done that we would have never really suspected anything like her being an hallucination.   The writers did such a great job of setting us up to think she was a Dubois member that we weren't thinking about the subtle hints we were missing.  

Either way, this was a very well written episode.  Probably the best episode of the entire series in my opinion.  Looking forward to seeing more stunners like this.  

• Love 5
On 12/7/2017 at 9:39 PM, Margohill said:

Mrs. Dubois is one hell of a witch played with debonair by Felicia R. A classy but undeniably diabolical woman who seems uppity but deep down she has no soul. She meant it when she said she will destroy all of the Lyon boys and boy has she ripped every single one of them apart. Andre is the worst. He was already unstable dealing with the guilt of bombing his father. That Dubois doctor didn't have to do much to completely destroy his mind. Pure evil. I wonder if Andre will recover from this mess. This all seems too much.

Mrs. Dubois has really set a new bar for villainy, with her lower-than-low blows and compromising the ethics of scores of people at this point.  I'm enjoying the fact that she's even willing to destroy her nephew in order to get at her nemesis -- how far does her obsession go?

Even Angelo seems cartoonishly unlikeable and due for some comeuppance at this point. (And Anika's not off the hook either) I hope Cookie's retribution, when it comes, is really delicious.

10 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Both Lucious and Shyne have had multiple partners, but Shyne [a] makes sure they know about each other and seems to treat them with respect.  I'll take Shyne's view of relationships over Lucious' any day.

That was an eye-opener about Shyne. This season he's really been on the right side of things--isn't this the same guy who was smacking Nessa around? But I agree with an above poster, that he's been shown as more of a father figure to Hakeem than Lucious. Hakeem desperately needs to grow up, apparently losing his daughter wasn't enough of a wakeup call. It was super-sweet to see him jamming with Jamal.

4 hours ago, jlacck said:

There was actually a few hints but they were incredibly well covered so we over looked them.  But I went back and watched every scene that Pamela Rose was in.  One thing I noticed is that other than the very first time we meet her at the bar, she never changed her outfit.  She pretty much had on the same exact suit.   

I am still positively gleeful about this reveal. I also applaud the writers because we've seen Andre clearly have hallucinations before (eg. dead wife) so this reveal was shocking yet firmly rooted in the backstory they set up for Andre over several seasons.

I was so caught up in the confrontation between the two that I was yelling "she's got to be wearing a wire, Andre. Don't make any admissions out loud!!!"

On a bittersweet note, that baby in the prison hospital scene was absolutely adorbs. I was worried that the baby would be killed, so it was almost a relief to hear that she was put into the system.

• Love 7

Holy crap, what an episode! I haven't always enjoyed season 4, but this episode was one of the best of the entire show. For once I liked every single storyline. I was so worried that Jamal would fall off the wagon (well he did a bit with the booze), so glad that he didn't take the pills. Loved Jamal and Hakeem's song and their brotherly bonding, their relationship is one of the best things in this show for me. Now let's hope that Warren will do as he said and get Jamal out of this mess with the cops. If the show decides it's a good idea to send Jamal to prison, I'm gonna be so pissed off. But hopefully it won't come to that.

And wow, I totally did not see the Pamela isn't real reveal coming! At first when there was no body, I thought Thirsty had somehow snuck in and removed the body. But when there was no bullet hole in the window, that did not make sense any longer. In hindsight, I guess it could have been figured out that Pamela wasn't real because Andre has had hallucinations before, but still I never thought of that, so well done writers. I guess Andre's guilt over what he did to his father plus the wrong meds the crooked shrink was prescribing him totally screwed up Andre's mind. Trai really knocked it out of the park during that last scene, that was some incredible acting.

• Love 4

Never ever would I have guessed that Pamela wasn't real. I didn't think she was part of the DuBois clan either but knew there was a story with her and with Cookie's jail flashbacks I started to wonder if she was Pound Cake's daughter.

I enjoyed seeing Teyonah Parris again (I loved her on "Mad Men") so I'm sorry to see Pamela go poof.

Trai Byers, damn.  Such a superb piece of acting because as a viewer it felt so real.

• Love 6

*slow claps* Kudos to the writers here, because I did NOT see that Pamela twist coming. At all. And yet, it fits perfectly,is in keeping with Andres history, and looking back on it, it actually does make sense. I mean, now that I think about it, it is really weird that no one else talked to her, or reacted to her, and people kept looking at Andre kind of weird when he reacted to her. I just assumed that people didn't know his connection to this random cop, not that he was reacting to thin air. That was just a really well done plot twist, where you can tell the writers planned it out from the start, and it having while the Dubois drama was going on was a perfect red herring. I was so convinced that she was a Dubois plant or was just sleeping with Andre to get dirt on him and his family, obvious twists, that she wasn't real at all never even occurred to me. 

This also was a great showcase for Trai Byers, who is just such an amazing actor, wrapped up in such a lovely package. 

Even beyond that, this was a really good episode, I really enjoyed all of the plots, and I liked the things they seem to be setting up. I especially loved everything with Thirsty (especially him buying a hot dog from a vender on a stakeout, and doing a Cookie impression), the Jamal and Hakeem bonding session, and some extra awesome Cookie outfits. I did get sad when I realized that Jamal really did have booze and pills hidden around his place, At least he ended up having a jam session with Hakeem instead of just getting drunk and high and miserable. 

• Love 3

Which is worse, Diana DuBois setting up her nephew to take a beat-down, or co-opting a therapist to prescribe harmful drugs?  I would say the latter, but both are pretty reprehensible.

9 hours ago, Kaiju Ballet said:

It was super-sweet to see him jamming with Jamal.

Jamal and Hakeem are always better together than they are separately.

• Love 3

Damn, the "Pamela was inside Andre's head all along" twist totally took me by surprised.  I honestly have to reach way back to the classic twist in The Sixth Sense, where I got fooled by the "they were never there" reveal this massively.  But it is done in a way that I can now easily see the signs of it since the beginning (she never did interact with anyone else), and it follows with how Andre reacts when he is off his meds.  It's too bad that this will likely mean she won't be around anymore since I really liked the actress, but still a great twist.  Trai Byers killed it with Andre's reactions (both that and the fake-out "Vegas P.D." twist.)

At least Cookie got to Warren, so hopefully Jamal won't be getting locked up anytime soon.  But still, Diana's damage has been done.  Hakeem is not just separated from Belle, but finds out she's living under Angelo's roof (with the bonus on also losing Tiana, but that's all on him.)  Jamal is heartbroken and gone back to drinking (at least he tossed the pills.)  And now Andre is a mess.  She really has destroyed the Lyon brothers right now.  I hope they all bounce back.

As bad as Diana is though, I'm really hope Angelo suffer an even bigger fall.  He has all the smugness and arrogance of his mother, but unlike her, he's really not doing shit unless it's his mother pulling the strings.  It's a case of "Sure, she's evil, but at least Diana has earned her right to evilly gloat." with him.

Did like seeing Jamal and Hakeem team-up for that song.  It's always good when the Lyon bros are supporting one another.

Thirsty continues to be the unsung hero of the Lyon's Empire.

Interesting seeing Shine's family life.  It is a bit strange that they seem to be going away from his more villainous role last season, but I'm still enjoying his character and how he factors in the big picture.  I do hope we see more of the Shine/Tiana team-up, because that could be kind of interesting.

Great episode.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Interesting seeing Shine's family life.  It is a bit strange that they seem to be going away from his more villainous role last season

This seams to be a "kinder, gentler" season for the Lyons and their associates -- a bit of "Dwight" influence perhaps?

• Love 2

I'm strangely glad Andre was hallucinating Pamela.  At least he didn't actually kill anyone...else.

I don't understand how Cookie got to Warren.  Did she pay the guard to walk off?  Did Diana not really care if Warren got out and talked to the cops?  Did she not care if Warren had an opportunity to tell Jamal all about the revenge plot?  I would've thought she'd have a team of people guarding Warren to make sure her plan was not screwed.  She should've helped Warren when he got the beat down, not been so smug.  She should've tried to keep him on her side.  Now the Lyons know her plans, what she's done and what she had planned to do.  I dunno, maybe she doesn't care, maybe she thinks she has won.  She hasn't.  This is just starting as far as Cookie goes.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, Vixenstud said:

From his Keith Sweating of Pamela to forgive him to his total breakdown at the end, and ooh, when Pamela finally revealed herself to Andre?  Mannnn, I was screaming at the telly!

When she revealed herself to Andre, I was stressed because I felt something bad was going to happen either to her or to Andre. He might be arrested right away. Never guessed it was a hallucination. At that point, Cookie and Lucious were running over to Andre's house and I was hoping they would interrupt and stop Pamela. When Andre strangled her, I was distraught because now he was a cold blooded killer. The funny thing is, I was thinking of ways he could get out of this and I figured ah well, he could just plead insanity, after all that doctor messed up his meds. The court may just buy that...LOL!!!!!

The real shocker was when Cookie looked around and said there was nobody there. I screamed "what? But I just saw the body right there on the floor." I honestly thought Cookie and Lucious were in denial purposefully to shield Andre from the awful "crime" he had just committed. When the playbacks began, I was floored. Totally flabbergasted. I bought into this whole relationship completely. 

What a mind job. Great episode.

• Love 3

I loved Tiana standing up for herself. She definitely deserves better than being a convenient punching bag.

It's ironic to see how quickly each Lyon Brother resorts to self sabotage when faced with adversity. Lucious is a tremendous jerk but he had a point when he told them he's done them a disservice by allowing his wealth to make them complacent.

That said, it was wonderful seeing Jamal & Hakeem bonding without judgment. Hopefully Andre joins them sooner rather than later because the Lyon cubs are always stronger together.

Thirsty imitating Cookie was HILARIOUS. Andre Royo needs to be upped to a series regular ASAP.

Shine has really grown into a richly complex character, and Xzibit has come a LONG way, as an actor, since Season 2.

While Phylicia Rashad has earned tons of rightful kudos for her amazing turn as Diana DuBois, Taye Diggs has quietly become a lot of fun as the increasingly bitter Angelo.

The chemistry between Warren and Jamal has been stilted, at best, but these last couple episodes have finally convinced me of their viability as a couple. Unfortunately, Jamal neither forgives nor forgets easily, so any road to reconciliation for JaMarren is gonna be rocky...at best.

Cookie's continued irritation at the new Lucious is interesting. She's so used to fighting him and/or following his lead, that it's difficult for her to adjust to a, relatively, more equitable relationship. It's provided Terrence and Taraji a lot of fun new levels to Lucious & Cookie's iconic relationship.

Although the twist was great, I'm sad to see Teyonah Parris exit. She's a fantastic actress and she shared a great deal of chemistry with Trai Byers.

Speaking of Trai, he's truly come into his own the last couple of seasons. I hated losing Rhonda, but Kaitlin's exit has given Trai tons of meaty stuff to play.

• Love 2

Brilliant episode. I knew there was something up with Pamela, but the fact that she didn't even exist, I definitely didn't see that coming at all.

The twist at the end was brilliant. Diana really did save her worst for Andre. Cookie needs to destroy her big time.

Lucious really needs to snap back into his former self as well but I think next week's episode will trigger that though.

Warren does love Jamal and Jamal is clearly hung up on him. There might be hope for them yet.

Tiana standing up to Hakeem was great, he deserved that slap. Shyne was pretty good in this episode as well.

Enjoying the prison flashbacks this season, 8/10

• Love 2

That was a great episode!  The acting and writing was all wonderful.  I am just hoping that the actress playing Pam can come back:  maybe Andre met/saw her and that is how she became the embodiment of his hallucination, and he can meet her later on for real...talk about blowing his mind.  I am just really mesmerized by her gorgeous hair so want her to stay on the show.  lol

• Love 1

So I just watched.

HOLY SHIT!  I did NOT see that coming at ALL!!!  I completely bought into Andre and Pamela and was totally shipping them and hoping against hope she wasn't a DuBois plant!  And then she just ups and doesn't even exist!  When Andre started confessing I was SCREAMING at him to stop!  And then it was out there and she revealed she was Metro PD and I just lost it for poor Andre.  She held up that gun and I knew something bad was about to go down, but then when he snapped her neck I was just like - OMG... nooooo Andre!!  

I literally hollered "What is we gon do?!"

When Cookie and Lucious got there I was praying for them to fix it - and when they said there was no one there, I legit thought they were just saying that to shield Andre from what he'd done and make him think he'd hallucinated killing her - Then when she was truly not there, I thought - oh the meds messed him UP!  I STILL thought Pamela was real, I just thought she hadn't been with Andre that night.  

When the flashbacks happened and she vanished from EVERYWHERE, I gasped so loud - I was literally this:

giphy.gif

That is the BEST twist I have seen since - I dunno... Bobby in the shower?!?!  I never saw Sixth Sense, so this was just all levels of OMG.  I'm still reeling.

This has been the best episode of Empire EVER.  Every storyline was hitting on all cylinders, every character made sense (even if I wanted to smack Hakeem) and I was glad to see Cookie and Lucious finally realizing the mess Diana was pulling on them.  I remember thinking early in the season when we knew the doctor was in the tank for Diana that he was probably messing with Andre's meds, but I had completely forgotten about him and was focusing on the red herring of Pamela.

WOW.

I'm still sitting here shaking my head in amazement.  I am SO glad this didn't get spoiled for me.

Wow... just WOW!  

Give the writers an Emmy, give Trai an Emmy - this was the BEST ep ever.  Oh my Gosh.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, phoenics said:

I remember thinking early in the season when we knew the doctor was in the tank for Diana that he was probably messing with Andre's meds

IIRC, he flat out told Diana that he was messing with the meds.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:55 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

Never ever would I have guessed that Pamela wasn't real. I didn't think she was part of the DuBois clan either but knew there was a story with her and with Cookie's jail flashbacks I started to wonder if she was Pound Cake's daughter.

I enjoyed seeing Teyonah Parris again (I loved her on "Mad Men") so I'm sorry to see Pamela go poof.

Trai Byers, damn.  Such a superb piece of acting because as a viewer it felt so real.

Omg.  Yes.  I thought she was Warren's twin sister.  Then as they showed Pound Cake give birth to a girl that was taken away from her, I was like maybe thats her.  I do think Pound Cake's daughter will turn up.  She was born after Cookie was in prison, so she is 15 years younger than Andre, a girl, biracial, and adopted.   

5 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Then as they showed Pound Cake give birth to a girl that was taken away from her, I was like maybe thats her.

Yeah, that was an awesome misdirect!  (But I think "Pamela" was near Andre's age, and Pound Cake's daughter would have been younger than Hakeem.)

• Love 1
On 12/13/2017 at 10:45 PM, jhlipton said:

Yeah, that was an awesome misdirect!  (But I think "Pamela" was near Andre's age, and Pound Cake's daughter would have been younger than Hakeem.)

I think Pound Cake's daughter will or has shown up.   Im wondering if it's Teyona.   Since she and Hakeem are done, it'd be a way to attach her to the Lyons

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

I think Pound Cake's daughter will or has shown up.   Im wondering if it's Teyona.   Since she and Hakeem are done, it'd be a way to attach her to the Lyons

Tiana (I think that's how her name is spelled) might work.

I'm no fan of Lucious and believe that he deserves to be buried under the jail for a lot of his shit, but it wasn't Cookie's tears over Andre that got me, but Lucious's. First when he said with tears in his eyes 'There's no body.'

And then when he just simply stares in somber silence, hat in hand, taking in Andre on his hands and knees slapping at the floor and finally when he puts his hat on and wipes tears away from his eyes with both hands. 

THAT is a scary Lucious. Not one who is yelling, threatening, or smashing in heads or shooting enemies, but one who is stunned and silent. It's like another level of pain was carved out in his well of pain.  I think for the first time I felt like he was really HURTING for Andre and not thinking of himself.

Andre's 'Oh, hell' moved me to tears. He was so lost, afraid, and flailing that it was a gut punch. 

• Love 3