Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
17wheatthins

S01.E05: Run, Bridgette Run or Forty-Eight Burnt Cupcakes

If they are going to say the show is filmed in South Boston, maybe they should actually film in South Boston.  She "runs down the street" from her house and she's at the Lechmere T Stop in CAMBRIDGE.  Then she "runs down the street" from her house and she's at a graveyard in DORCHESTER.  I don't understand.  They are so close.  Why pick locations that are so recognizable to someone from the Boston area and pretend she's in Southie?

• Like 1

This seemed like more of an episode you do after a show has been established for a few seasons, not this soon in season one. Ultimately, besides further showcasing how terrible Bridgette is, it was pointless. 

I have no idea how much rent was on her apartment, but I'm guessing she's going to be crashing on her friend's couch for a while since she's not going to be able to come up with first/last/deposit for a new place anytime soon. It seems like she's got no problems borrowing money from people -even her boss, so she should have went to her to "borrow" enough money to pay her rent. 

Edited by jamfly

I enjoyed this episode.  I particularly liked when Eliza stripped down to her undies in honor of body pride, Bridgette stripped in support, and then fell over attempting to do the splits.

It's interesting that food obsession seems to hang over every episode, with an already skinny Nelson mentioning she's lost another dress size.

Rosie is wonderful and Connie is pretty funny.

I'm assuming the forgiving of Tutu has to do with Bridgette's molestation.

19 hours ago, kathe5133 said:

If they are going to say the show is filmed in South Boston, maybe they should actually film in South Boston.  She "runs down the street" from her house and she's at the Lechmere T Stop in CAMBRIDGE.  Then she "runs down the street" from her house and she's at a graveyard in DORCHESTER.  I don't understand.  They are so close.  Why pick locations that are so recognizable to someone from the Boston area and pretend she's in Southie?

I think they've established previously that Tutu was from Dorchester so her parents' graves being there I think made sense. I also think the running was metaphorical. Is the tutoring gig in Cambridge?

• Like 2

So that just came out, Connie Britton offering her money to do an adults sleepover with herself and the hubby.

Amazingly, Bridget showed some restraint, even though she could use the money and even though she hasn't always exercised discretion -- wanted to screw an ex to see if her vagina was good while her son was in the same room and then screwing some random guy in the back of a store.

Or maybe she realized that if she did it, her regular gig at that home would be over, though after screwing their son, her time may be running out there too.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 1:58 AM, Jade Foxx said:

What the heck do millineals know about the cinematic masterpiece that is “Run Lola Run?”

Thanks for that. I am no millenial, but I was not familiar with that movie. Explains a lot, including the red hair. I sure wish I could run like that! So were any of those real? I assume no one was actually hit by a bus, though there was an ambulance at the end, maybe someone "you don't even know." (Twilight Zone, Button, Button, which somehow really stuck with me.)

Run, Lola, Run is a great movie and I thought they did a good job with the take off.  I wanted to kill Panda but otherwise it was a good, clever show.

• Like 4

As someone who has had to hunt for an elusive object many time before (heh, sometimes my own elusive items - once when I was packing to go on vacation, I was determined to find this ONE black t-shirt that I was convinced I HAD to bring with me so I spent two hours tearing up the house trying to find it), I could relate to the neverending quest to find panda. And OF COURSE it turns out that Joe was sitting on panda the entire time.

I thought the Run Lola Run stuff was funny the first time but by the third or fourth time, I was like okay, I get it!

Loved Eliza stripping off her shame clothes and shroomed out Bridgette slowly doing it too in solidarity.

• Like 1