Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Beebo The God Of War

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Meh on Constantine.

I'm looking forward to Constantine.  On the surface he fits it great with the Legends.  He's fun, charming and not terribly respectful of organized authority.

At the same time he's completely capable of doing things that are necessary but utterly horrifying.

On 12/5/2017 at 11:34 PM, Sakura12 said:
On 12/5/2017 at 10:27 PM, Pepper the Cat said:

Who was the guy at the end?

John Constantine is responsible for getting Sara back so I will always love him for that. He's an occult detective that knows magic so he'd be helpful against the Darkh's.  I loved that Mick is calling him Rip in trench coat. 

You can watch the single season of his show for free on the CW Seed.  I recommend it:  http://www.cwseed.com/shows/constantine/non-est-asylum/?play=65a94d34-cbb2-43a5-af48-c770a794b2e6

On 12/9/2017 at 1:40 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Now I do not quite get why Jax had to leave as well. Sure, he can no longer serve as Firestorm but other people on the ship don`t have powers either. And he is the ship`s mechanic so it`s not like he doesn`t have a purpose regardless. They could work something out on missions.

If he stayed, he would have had to do Zari's chores for a month.

When Stein died, he knew that Lily hadn't always been around, but he had memories of raising her, but no memories of having met the Legends twice when he was young, or of the significance of November 28, 2017, correct?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
6 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

And I liked the series, but never watched Arrow!

I only watched that episode because of Sara once she left Arrow again I stopped watching Arrow again. 

The producers are excited saying they would watch a Sara and Constantine show. So I think those two will have some interesting interactions. If Sara was actually in hell when she died, then they have something in common. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

I tried watching the Constantine series, it just didn't hold my interest. I just enjoyed his Arrow episode. 

If you only catch one episode, watch "A Feast of Friends.  That's one episode based directly on one of the Hellblazer comic stories.  It establishes exactly why Constantine is such a scary mo-fo.

21 hours ago, LJones41 said:

I don't know whose decision it was.  But I've checked the IMDB page for Drameh.  He does NOT have a new project at the moment.

Granted he wouldn't Tweet a negative response to the CW, but his Tweet doesn't sound like someone who was forces out (responding to "So what's next for you man?"):

It's very weird, especially coming on the heels of CBS (the CW's parent company) forcing Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park out of Hawaii 5-0...

11 hours ago, johntfs said:

I'm looking forward to Constantine.  On the surface he fits it great with the Legends.  He's fun, charming and not terribly respectful of organized authority.

At the same time he's completely capable of doing things that are necessary but utterly horrifying.

I saw him on Arrow. I see what you mean about him fitting in with the Legends, but he did nothing for me.

6 hours ago, Quark said:

I saw him on Arrow. I see what you mean about him fitting in with the Legends, but he did nothing for me.

On Arrow you got the surface JC, the devil-may-care, con-job occult detective type.  That type would fit in well with the Legends, but that's not the real JC.  John Constantine is toxic to the people in his life over the long-term.  If he stayed with the Legends, most of them would end up horribly dead and likely damned to Hell.

I don't think they'll go that much deeper with Constantine on LoT. He'll probably be the same as he was on Arrow, only getting to talk about demons and hell more since that's what they are dealing with and Sara may or may not have been in hell when she was dead. 

• Love 1

If this Mallus character is a demon, or something like it, I would be a bit surprised if Constantine doesn't play some part in the finale. Whether literally, or giving the Legends some kind of tool to help them fight.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, johntfs said:

If he stayed with the Legends, most of them would end up horribly dead and likely damned to Hell.

And honestly, they can do that pretty well on their own :) Keeping the gang from getting themselves killed or sucked into a Hell dimension is basically Sara's full time job already, she doesn't need any more drama! 

I am looking forward to Constantine for a few episodes, but the guy is a loner by nature, I cant see him doing the team thing for much longer. I can see him getting along with everyone or awhile, but then he would want to move on. Plus, he has demons and stuff to fight, while the Legends have their time travel stuff, even when Mallus is dealt with. 

• Love 3
On 12/10/2017 at 5:07 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

When Stein died, he knew that Lily hadn't always been around, but he had memories of raising her, but no memories of having met the Legends twice when he was young, or of the significance of November 28, 2017, correct?

I suspect the letter is their out if Victor Garber ever wanted to return, they could just say he read the letter after all and took precautions.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I suspect the letter is their out if Victor Garber ever wanted to return, they could just say he read the letter after all and took precautions.

What I meant was, on the day that Stein was shot, was there even the possibility of him remembering that he had been warned something would happen on that day, although he never read the letter?  Is time a loop, or had he not been warned yet?

On 12/10/2017 at 5:53 PM, johntfs said:

If you only catch one episode, watch "A Feast of Friends.  That's one episode based directly on one of the Hellblazer comic stories.  It establishes exactly why Constantine is such a scary mo-fo.

I watched about 15 minutes -- enough that I am dreading JC on my Looney Tunes show.  Blech.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

What I meant was, on the day that Stein was shot, was there even the possibility of him remembering that he had been warned something would happen on that day, although he never read the letter?  Is time a loop, or had he not been warned yet?

That's where it gets timey-wimey.  Assuming that the warning filters into the timeline, I think there's definitely a possibility of him remembering the date, although with everything happening on that day, he may be hard-pressed to know exactly which event it was if he didn't read the letter.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lugal said:
25 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

That's where it gets timey-wimey.  Assuming that the warning filters into the timeline, I think there's definitely a possibility of him remembering the date, although with everything happening on that day, he may be hard-pressed to know exactly which event it was if he didn't read the letter.

I think a day of fighting Nazis might lead him to believe it was all dangerous, but since he didn't mention it either prior to or post- being mortally wounded, I'm going to assume he didn't know.  There's no way he wouldn't have remembered that date, and been anticipating it that whole year.

Having recently rewatched this one there was a few things I missed the first time around, like Mick's reaction to being sacrificed to Beebo.  Just that headshake with an air of "of all the thing's I've done in my life, this is how it's going to end."  Dominic Purcell was so understated there.

When young Stein snagged the Beebo and was being chased through the store, I'm pretty sure the music was a combination of Hava Nagila and the Benny Hill Chase Theme.

When they first met Zari, Nate and Ray were bragging how they saved the world twice, now they can add that they saved Christmas.

On the map of New Valhalla, I could only make out New Oslo and New Reykjavik.

How did Leo ever think the puppet was a good idea?

Edited by Lugal
  • Love 4

I'm guessing Earth-X doesn't have much in the way of established psychiatric methods and techniques. Leo's probably gotten all his knowledge of counselling out of banned books.

On the other hand, being forced to talk to hand puppets might be exactly the kind of counselling method that erupts on a dystopian Earth.

• Love 3