Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Irreconcilable Differences

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I don't think Rene's a decoy for someone else ratting Oliver out.  I think he's just that weak and scared that when he got cornered by the FBI he probably just flipped then and there, spilling his guts.  

Yeah nothing about Rene's story or attitude makes me think he's covering for anyone, although who knows with these writers. He is that stupid to panic and not realise the fact that they are trying to threaten him and make a deal means they have nothing without him.

The only thing would be is if it was a set up to fool the FBI or team (mostly lame) Baddies or Rene figured he has the best "excuse" over Curtis and Dinah for betraying the team but I don't think it's been shown they hae that loyalty to each other and that would come out at the trial anyway. 

5 hours ago, Hook75 said:

Wait, was I supposed to be upset by the ending and be like "oh no"? LOL.

Guess so, but they've done a poor job at making me care about the Noobs and for all the "yay masks" the Comics! crowd does I don't think many of them care about the actual characters either. I guess this storyline is to show that both groups (and probably mostly OTA unfortunately) "need" each other and we'll realise that and be "yay" when they're eventually reunited. Yeah no, I don't think that will happen for me. And with the boobs doing their own team I suppose we're supposed to get to know them a little better as well. 

• Love 1

I finally realized what this confrontation between OTA and the newbies reminds me of - my friends and their teenagers. It goes something like this:

Teenager: *lies or sneaks out or gets drunk or smokes pot or all of the above and gets caught*

Parents: There are consequences for doing things that make us not trust you. You're grounded [lose your phone, the car, whatever]

Time passes.

Parents: Grounding is over - here is your phone, car, life. Remember that you need to rebuild trust with us.

Teenager: OK. *immediately lies, etc., gets caught*

Parents: Seriously? OK. Grounded again, consequences upped.

Teenager wails (or rages): What?! I can't believe you don't trust me!! How could you not trust me?!

Parent: Um. We literally just caught you repeating the behavior that lost our trust to begin with?

Teenager: I hate you! You're so unfair!

Parent: *bangs head against wall* 

Considering the brain chemistry of teenagers, this makes sense and is typical, as frustrating as it is for the adults who love them. None of the newbies are teenagers - or even in their 20s for that matter. The higher functions of their brains should already be in place.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 18
11 minutes ago, bethy said:

Considering the brain chemistry of teenagers, this makes sense and is typical, as frustrating as it is for the adults who love them. None of the newbies are teenagers - or even in their 20s for that matter. The higher functions of their brains should already be in place

The newbs have been hit in the head a lot.  That might make a difference in cognitive ability and decision making.  

• Love 10

Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow and vigilante who in the past has killed, getting all morally outraged about being charged with being the Green Arrow, a vigilante who has killed, is not a great look/storyline Team Arrow. "How dare they take me to court and charge me with crimes I have committed?!?"

44 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow and vigilante who in the past has killed, getting all morally outraged about being charged with being the Green Arrow, a vigilante who has killed, is not a great look/storyline Team Arrow. "How dare they take me to court and charge me with crimes I have committed?!?"

The thing is that is not what he's worried about. He's worried that his being outed and possibly convicted will take down all of Team Arrow. I don't think he would be that upset if it was only him at risk. Should he have not involved anyone else in his vigilante life?  Probably, but then we wouldn't have the Green Arrow, or Batman, or Superman, or any other superhero/anti-hero who has killed people in their lives and who has had help doing it.

• Love 2
29 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

The thing is that is not what he's worried about. He's worried that his being outed and possibly convicted will take down all of Team Arrow. I don't think he would be that upset if it was only him at risk. Should he have not involved anyone else in his vigilante life?  Probably, but then we wouldn't have the Green Arrow, or Batman, or Superman, or any other superhero/anti-hero who has killed people in their lives and who has had help doing it.

He says, "Trying to put me in jail and keep me from MySon." No real worry about the team. It was all, Who betrayed me?

But my overall point was that he is really angry/upset about being charged with the things he actually did.

That whole quote ("Trying to put me in jail and keep me from MySon") still shows that Oliver isn't worried about being charged but about being kept away from his son who already lost a parent.  It's not like he said, "Trying to stop me from being Green Arrow."

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

He says, "Trying to put me in jail and keep me from MySon." No real worry about the team. It was all, Who betrayed me?

But my overall point was that he is really angry/upset about being charged with the things he actually did.

Would you not be angry if someone you trusted betrayed you and then kept on pretending to be your friend?

Don’t most people want to stay out of prison? Does anyone say, “OMG YES I’VE FINALLY BEEN CAUGHT!!!11!! Can’t wait to leave my wife and son and spend the rest of my life in jail!!!”

• Love 20
43 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Well, I guess your technically right. Oliver is breaking the law as the Green Arrow, and I guess he should technically be arrested, by that logic. But, isn't saying that kind of destroying the entire purpose of the franchise? Saying that Oliver is breaking the law and should just accept going to prison for what he has done as a vigilante is basically saying that the whole show has been just leading to our hero being a criminal who needs to be locked up, as well as pretty much anyone else who has worked outside the law to shop crimes or evil doing. If Oliver says "well, I guess I need to go to jail because being a vigilante was bad and illegal" then he goes to jail, what happens next? I guess the cops will figure out who the rest of Team Arrow is pretty easily, and then they will go to jail too. And I guess it would be easy to figure out who their allys over in Central City are, and since this is a federal case now and they have jurisdiction all over the country, they go to jail too, along with anyone else associated with them, which would be, again, pretty easy to figure out, especially if they got Renee to give more names up. So now, everyone in the franchise (at least on this Earth) are in jail, and I guess the future where ARGUS locks up meta humans and vigilantes and experiments on them is closer to happening. Or Darkseid shows up and everyone dies because theres no one equipped to fight him. Or the whole franchise ends and we all just go home or watch Chopped or something. 

Possibly hyperbole on my part, but my point is that if Oliver just says he wants to go to jail for what he has done as a vigilante, the whole superhero house of cards falls down. Or, from a more practical standpoint, this is just what you deal with when you watch a superhero show, especially one like Arrow. Oliver is breaking the law, but its a central point that the show (and franchise) is built on, so we just need to accept it. Besides, its not like some random guy turned the Green Arrow in, it was a man who Oliver trusted as a friend and teammate, who he got a job, gave a purpose to, and helped get custody of his daughter, and who was voluntarily a vigilante even independent of Oliver. Its a betrayal, even if Oliver is technically in the wrong from a legal perspective. Thats why I think he is really upset. He is finally letting people in, and then one of them betrays him, even after giving a heartwarming toast at his wedding reception. And even then, Oliver tried to give Rene a second chance, which he took, and then blew it again. I think thats a bigger issue from Oliver than actually being arrested. I mean, obviously he doesn't want to go to jail and be separated from his family, but thats not the whole issue. Its more complicated. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 14
7 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oliver is breaking the law, but its a central point that the show (and franchise) is built on, so we just need to accept it.

Yep. It's part of the superhero genre that the audience suspends their disbelief at what would happen in the real world. We accept that the law breaking is being done for the greater good. Whether a vigilante should have oversight is a valid question (see the MCU and The Accords,) but I don't know if that is the direction this story line is going. And if Oliver gets convicted, FBI Lady needs to head to Central City next.  

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

I'm not sure what kind of reaction you expect from the Green Arrow, and Team Arrow, on a show called Arrow

"Yeah, I totally killed people. Turning myself in now!"
"No problem, Oliver! We're totally going to let you, even though we helped you in your mission the whole time."

• Love 18
35 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Yep. It's part of the superhero genre that the audience suspends their disbelief at what would happen in the real world. We accept that the law breaking is being done for the greater good. Whether a vigilante should have oversight is a valid question (see the MCU and The Accords,) but I don't know if that is the direction this story line is going. And if Oliver gets convicted, FBI Lady needs to head to Central City next.  

Yes I understand the tropes of the show, and I realize that the whole point of the how is that he is a vigilante. I know that a show with him in jail is unworkable. What I am pointing out is that Oliver is acting like this whole prosecution is a bullshit frame job, and that he is being unfairly being persecuted for his actions. Who is he to act like this whole prosecution is ridiculous when he DID ALL THE THINGS? Is DA Samanad Watson wrong? Is she fabricating evidence? Nope. Oliver's keeps reacting to this like he is an innocent being railroaded, and he is not. 

3 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Oliver's keeps reacting to this like he is an innocent being railroaded, and he is not. 

I've only seen the episode once (well, the non-reception scenes that is,) but I thought Oliver's reaction was to Rene selling him out, not to the crimes he is being accused of. Did he say he didn't do anything illegal? I recall Oliver being irritated with FBI lady's investigation, and the threat to those he cares about, but I don't know that his argument has been that he is innocent of all wrongdoing. But, I admit, I tend to gloss over and tune out this story line so I may have missed many a thing.

• Love 12

The most I’ve gathered from anything that’s happened since Watson started investigating him is that he’s irritated and fighting it because he doesn’t want to leave William without his only remaining parent, not because he’s innocent. 

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Is DA Samanad Watson wrong? Is she fabricating evidence? Nope. Oliver's keeps reacting to this like he is an innocent being railroaded, and he is not. 

He isn't really acting like he`s innocent, he`s acting like he doesn't want to go to jail and be separated from his family. He never acted like he was onnocent, just that he wants to keep going and, more importantly, be with his son. And I think some of his hostility, beyond just trying to avoid prison, is that Agent Watson is clearly making this personal, and is even more clearly obsessed with sending Oliver to jail, despite the fact that Oliver and company (yeah, that will never stop being funny) have been recognized as saving the city/world several times now, and she is generally a underwritten one note asshole character. She isn't technically in the wrong legally, and Oliver knows that, but she is clearly fine with dragging his family into her vendetta, ignoring all evidence that Oliver isn't the Green Arrow, and is starting to cross some serious ethical lines, and that is certainly pissing him off, beyond him not wanting to go to jail. Maybe I read it wrong, but while Oliver certainly doesn't want to go to jail, he seems more upset about the way Watson is going about her business than her actually going to business. Besides, it just seems like such a waste of time at this point to spend all this time and resources on locking up vigilantes when there are a never ending stream of murderous super criminals, genocidal magic using psychopaths, and dimension hoping Nazis bent on world domination, that the FBI might want to be keeping an eye on. But, yeah, lets throw the people who have been stopping all those guys in jail! Great call! 

I mean, honestly, how do you think this plot should go? Should he just admit to breaking the law and go to jail?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

it just seems like such a waste of time at this point to spend all this time and resources on locking up vigilantes when there are a never ending stream of murderous super criminals, genocidal magic using psychopaths, and dimension hoping Nazis bent on world domination, that the FBI might want to be keeping an eye on. But, yeah, lets throw the people who have been stopping all those guys in jail! Great call! 

This.

• Love 3

You said it was about him not being charged and HOW DARE HE! He wasn't upset that he was being charged for the things he did. He was worried because his son would be without his only remaining parent. And BTW Oliver never knew he had a son when he first started vigilante-ing. I suspect if he knew he had a son, he would have stopped or never started in the first place. And even in this season, he did stop, but Dig's injury put him back in action, but he was actually trying to not risk his life at his son's request. So yes, he was absolutely worried about his son's fate if he goes to prison and he's worried about the team. 

Why wouldn't he be pissed about Team Arrow betraying him?

Those two things can co-exist in Oliver's mind.

I don't really follow your logic on this point TBH. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Cekrypton1 said:

Yes I understand the tropes of the show, and I realize that the whole point of the how is that he is a vigilante. I know that a show with him in jail is unworkable. What I am pointing out is that Oliver is acting like this whole prosecution is a bullshit frame job, and that he is being unfairly being persecuted for his actions. Who is he to act like this whole prosecution is ridiculous when he DID ALL THE THINGS? Is DA Samanad Watson wrong? Is she fabricating evidence? Nope. Oliver's keeps reacting to this like he is an innocent being railroaded, and he is not. 

Can you tell me what you see that makes you think that is what he's acting like? I am not picking a fight, I am legitimately baffled by this reading of the events.

Yeah, I don’t think Oliver is clutching his pearls because he’s so insulted that someone would dare accuse him of breaking the law. He doesn’t want to go to jail, and he doesn’t think that what he does is wrong even if it is illegal. 

Half his dislike for Watson is probably because of how much of jerk she’s being about it. He’s probably wondering what he did to personally insult her. 

• Love 4

Is DA Samanad Watson wrong? Is she fabricating evidence?

She's not the district attorney. Watson is FBI; and she has no evidence. Just the word of another vigilante that Oliver Queen is indeed the Green Arrow.

Oliver's keeps reacting to this like he is an innocent being railroaded, and he is not.

No, he's angry because a member of his team betrayed his identity to the FBI, while still acting as if he was his friend. And for what? The same thing that Oliver and Quentin convinced him to do--go after and get custody of his daughter--something he blew off and refused to do, yet when Miss-I-AM-THE-FBI-BUT-I-CLEARLY-HAVE-A-PERSONAL-GRUDGE-WHICH-I-WILL-END-UP-REVEALING, offered that numbnut the same thing, he felt he had no choice because only this insulting stereotype of a character could make it happen? Alrighty then.

7 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Half his dislike for Watson is probably because of how much of jerk she’s being about it. He’s probably wondering what he did to personally insult her. 

She probably has had a child that was killed as a result of Green Arrow's actions. Why not? Every fucking villain it seems has this as the reason for going after Oliver.

• Love 9

The thing is, do we know of any evidence the FBI has besides Rene? You could argue that whatever the FBI had wasn't strong enough if Watson needs Rene to testify against Oliver, if she's willing/needs to give Rene immunity (presumably) for everything he's done, in order for him to not end up separated from his daughter in the end after testifying - which makes me wonder if she either has more evidence against him than against Oliver or Rene's just an idiot and accepted a statement that she does. (For all we know, Watson looked at the fact that Rene's working in City Hall and figured there had to be a reason he was hired seemingly out of nowhere and that reason is he's on Oliver's team, went to him and said, "I know you're a vigilante too and I can keep your daughter from you," and he agreed to testify. So maybe she didn't even have evidence against him.) 

You would think if she had enough evidence against Oliver, she wouldn't need Rene and would instead choose to take down both of them/the entire team. Because instead, it looks like Rene made a deal to give up Oliver while he can still run around as a a vigilante, doing whatever he wants (which could end up including killing people, even if it's just random thug #1). 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She probably has had a child that was killed as a result of Green Arrow's actions. Why not? Every fucking villain it seems has this as the reason for going after Oliver.

I've been expected that "shocking reveal" ever since she was first introduced. She had a kid or a sister or brother or some shit like that who was killed in one of Star City's annual terrorist attacks, and she blames all superheroes, especially the Green Arrow, for it. Or some other random thing happened and that made her want to purge the Earth of vigilantes, especially Green Arrow, and thats why she is a ridiculously unprofessional idiot. Its like they gave a whole season long subplot to that woman in Jessica Jones who tried to murder Jessica because her mom was called when aliens invaded New York, and now she blames all people with superpowers. If its not exactly like that, its something similar, and I've been more and more convinced as the seasons gone on. This is clearly personal to her. 

I hope next time he sees her, he is like "Oh hi Agent Watson. Still looking for the Green Arrow? Spent all week building that case? Funny, I saw some footage of him and some of his other every so evil superhero buddies beating back a swarm of world conquering super Nazis who were wantingly murdering civilians and saving the planet last week. And you and the FBI were...filing paperwork against the guy fighting the Nazi King, right? I`m sure the civilians who were shot to death would be thrilled to know that their government is putting its resources into the right places." 

• Love 4

Oliver's anger at Watson was because she arrested him 'in front of my son!' rather than because she arrested him. It's about William in terms of Watson, and being betrayed by someone he trusted in terms of his team.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

TBH, I've never seen this on the show. Not one scene or one line. He acts like the investigation is a nuisance because that's how you play it when you're being accused of stuff you've actually done, LOL! But then he drops that facade and worries about what imprisonment for him would mean to his family and his team. Do you have specific scenes illustrating your claims? I don't see it in that one quote you provided above. 

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
  • Love 3

Between 608 and 609, the Flash writers made a point of dissing Olicity in one of their episodes. So I'm posting my transcriptions from that Flash episode as well as this episode...

The Flash 409 (Don’t Run) – In an out-of-character moment, Iris makes an ungracious comment about Oliver and Felicity’s wedding gift and having a double wedding:
Barry (opening gift): “Okay, from Oliver and Felicity. We have an espresso machine. All right.”
Iris: “Okay. Not on the registry, but I guess getting married during our wedding wasn't on the registry, either. So, yeah, sure.”
Barry: “Right.”
Iris: “I'm not bitter.”
Barry: “I'll put this in the return pile.”

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Oliver Queen’s voiceover intro:
Oliver (voiceover): "My name is Oliver Queen. After five years in hell, I returned home with only one goal - to save my city. Today I fight that war on two fronts: By day, I lead Star City as its mayor. But by night, I am someone else. I am something else. I am the Green Arrow."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Oliver and Felicity have a wedding reception for family and friends, and learn that someone on their team has betrayed Oliver:
Oliver: "There he is. Hey, buddy."
William: "Aunt Thea said I can have some champagne."
Thea: "I said 'a sip' and only during the toast."
Oliver: "Mom and Dad used to let us do that. That - that's just fine."
Thea: "Yeah, and we turned out all right. I think that they would be pretty impressed with this party and the groom."
Oliver: "Think so?"
Thea: "Yeah. Of course. Why? Is everything okay?"
Oliver: "Felicity was supposed to be here by now, so -"
Thea: "What's there to be nervous about, Ollie? You guys are already married. And it's not like you invited anyone but John to the ceremony."
Oliver: "Well, you were still in the hospital, and it was just a little last-minute, okay?"
Thea: "Yeah. I know, I know."
Diggle: "Hey, you."
Oliver: "Hey."
Diggle: "Lyla apologizes for not being able to make it."
Oliver: "A.R.G.U.S. missions do not stop for weddings."
Diggle: "Well, she was hoping that they would for this. Congrats, man. So where is the bride?" (Hugs Oliver)
Oliver: "I don't know. Donna said that she had a plan, but -" (Spots Felicity)
(Felicity enters with her mother, Donna Smoak, and her father, Noah Kuttler. She's wearing a white lace dress and she's carrying bouquet of flowers. She spots Oliver and stares at him. He stares at her and then goes over to them, all against the soundtrack of Keren Deberg’s original song, “Your Eyes, Open".)
Felicity: "Mom insisted that we make an entrance since we didn't have a traditional wedding, which I'm sure I'll never stop hearing about for the rest of my life."
Donna: "Welcome to the family. Oh! Son! (Hugs him) Ha, ha, ha! I can call you that now, right?"
Oliver: "Sure. Yeah. Great!"
Donna: "I want you to know that I have forgiven both of you for running off and eloping - and for waiting to propose to my daughter until you were under indictment."
Oliver: "Oh, actually, Felicity proposed to me.
Noah: "Come on, Donna. Let's let them have their day."
Donna: "They did have their day, and we weren't part of it, remember? I guess she's keeping a tradition of the Smoak women not having traditional weddings."
Noah: "What are you talking about? We had a wedding."
Donna: "No. Getting married by a Tom Jones-impersonating rabbi isn't exactly traditional."
Noah: "I thought that you loved Tom Jones."
Donna: "No, I don't. You love Tom Jones. You know what? At least we had a Jewish wedding. Seriously, you guys, would it have killed you to get a rabbi or a chuppah?"
Felicity: "Oliver."
Oliver: "I'm gonna steal Felicity for a moment."
Donna: "Oh, yes, of course."
Oliver: "I'll bring her back."
Donna: "Just a chuppah."
(Oliver and Felicity go off by themselves.)
Felicity: "Those whack jobs are already your in-laws, so if you're having second thoughts, it's too late for you."
Oliver: "I wouldn't have it any other way."
Felicity: "You really do love me."
(Felicity caresses his cheek, and he kisses her. Diggle notices them kissing and starts clapping, and everyone else joins in.)
Laura Hoffman: "I always knew you guys would end up together. Didn't I say that, honey?"
Adam Hoffman: "She did."
Laura: "Even when I saw on the news that your engagement was off, I kept telling this one, 'Adam, Felicity and Oliver are meant to be together. They're going to work it out.'  Didn't I say that, honey?"
Adam: "You did."
Laura: "I did."
Felicity: "Well, we're so glad you guys could make it."
Oliver: "It's great to see you again."
Adam: "I'd tell you guys to move back to Ivy Town, but I guess being mayor of Star City would make that kind of tough, right?"
Oliver: "We love Ivy Town, but Star City is our home."
(Oliver and Felicity cut the cake, and she feeds him a piece. Felicity throws her bouquet and Curtis catches it.)
Curtis (drunkenly giving a toast): "Love. What is love really? It is not tangible, so who's to say it's not just made up? I mean, there's no hard-core proof that it actually exists. I mean, look. I love a lot of things - sweaters, math, coffee, but, you know, I'm not gonna marry that stuff. What is marriage anyway? Like, what is it? Like, is it - it's a paper that says, 'oh, I'm owed to you forev' - I don't - no. I can leave like that, so what is marriage really when it boils down to it? I have some more stuff to say."
Rene: "And everybody give Curtis a round of applause. Thank you, Curtis. Thank you. Um, I - I think what my friend is trying to say is, um, true love is so special that we all dream about it. And when I look at Oliver and Felicity, I'm reminded of how I felt about my wife on our wedding day. We were so in love. We would do anything for each other, I mean, no matter what. And that is the epitome of Oliver and Felicity. Yeah. I mean, you guys have had your struggles, but you always work through it. These are two of the most genuine people in the world, and they deserve all the happiness, and I'm so fortunate to call them my friends, so please raise a glass to true love. Oliver and Felicity."
Attendees (toasting): "To Oliver and Felicity!"
DJ: "It's time now for the couple's first dance."
(Oliver and Felicity dance to the soundtrack of Etta James' "At Last.")
Felicity: "I was never the girl who dreamed about her wedding, but I have to say this was the perfect evening."
Oliver: "Yeah?"
Felicity: "Yeah."
Quentin (coming up): "Uh, so sorry. We - we got a problem."
Felicity: "I think I jinxed it."
Oliver: "Come on."
Quentin: "Come on."
Oliver: "Ahem. What's going on? "
Quentin: "Well, listen. I really did not want to do this right now, but Jean Loring just called, and she said I got to tell you right away."
Oliver: "It's okay. What's happening?"
Quentin: "I told her you were in the middle of celebrating your wedding -"
Oliver: "Quentin! What's going on?"
Quentin: "The prosecution's smoking gun. It's a witness who is willing to testify that you are the Green Arrow."
Oliver: "Who?"
Quentin: "Well, that information's still under seal, but it's someone on the team."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – OTA discusses the betrayal back at the Arrow Bunker and run surveillance on the newbies:
Oliver: "I can't believe this is happening again."
Felicity: "Hey. Hold on a second. We do not know this is an Evelyn Sharpe situation yet."
Oliver: "It's a betrayal. I never should have trusted them."
Felicity: "It's not a 'them.' It's a one - a one who wants to out you to the FBI that would lock you away for life. That's an awfully long time. I'd wait for you."
Diggle: "Hey. Just got your message. Usually, a bride and groom like to be alone on their wedding night. What's up?"
Oliver: "Somebody on the team gave me up to Samanda Watson."
Diggle: "That's impossible, Oliver. No one would do that."
Oliver: "Lance got it from Jean Loring. Jean Loring got it from District Attorney Armand."
Felicity: "I'm running surveillance on Curtis, Dinah, and Rene, and I have worms crawling through their texts and e-mails."
Diggle: "You're spying on them?"
Felicity: "I'm not spying on them. I'm, like, keeping tabs."
Diggle: "Oliver, why not just confront whoever this is and give them a chance to come clean?"
Oliver: "What makes you think they're gonna be forthcoming? How do we know that this isn't just the - the surface of this betrayal? Look, John. I don't want to spy on them, but if you have a better idea, I'm all for it."
Diggle: "No."
Felicity: "If someone goes somewhere suspicious, we'll know."
Diggle: "Felicity, we were all just at the wedding. The most suspicious place they can go is out for late-night pizza."
Oliver: "John, either Curtis, Dinah or Rene gave me up. We need to know why. We need to know who. Otherwise, when you put the hood back on, you could be next."
Diggle: "All right, all right, all right."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – OTA discovers that Dinah has been secretly meeting with the Vigilante; and Thea tells them that Black Siren has kidnapped Quentin:
Oliver: "Can we get audio on this?"
Felicity: "No. I tracked her to this location, then accessed street cams. Guess we know how Vigilante escaped the cops last month."
Diggle: "There's no way we can tell what she's saying to him."
Oliver: "It doesn't matter what she's saying to him. She lied to the team. About this."
Diggle: "Oliver, listen."
Oliver: "What else has she lied about?"
Diggle: "Let's not get paranoid here."
Felicity: "Well, it's not paranoia if it's a legitimate fear. I mean, Vigilante tried to kill Oliver last year. He wants to out him to law enforcement. He's virtually doing the same thing - it puts him away for life."
Diggle: "Okay. I don't think Dinah would do this. She cares way too much about this team. Oliver, listen. She - she supported me through my injury - and as the Green Arrow."
Oliver: "I know, and I appreciate that. But after what happened with Evelyn, we need to protect ourselves."
(Thea enters.)
Oliver: "Thea? You okay?"
Thea: "Yeah. I'm fine. I'm fine. It's okay."
Oliver: "What happened?"
Thea: "Evil Laurel. She took Quentin."
Oliver: "Oh."
Thea: "I tried to stop her, Ollie, but I - I'm not strong enough anymore."
Oliver: "It's okay. It's fine. I'm just - I'm glad you're okay."
Felicity: "Yeah, but how are you alright? Not - not that I'm not glad that you're okay, but it's not like Evil Laurel to leave loose ends."
Thea: "She needed a messenger." (Hands Oliver a phone)
Felicity: "What are the chances that that's gonna ring, like, right - (Phone rings) Fantastic. That's not creepy at all."
(Oliver answers phone.)
Cayden (on phone): "Hello. This is Cayden James."
Oliver: "Where's Lance?"
Cayden (on phone): "Now why would I tell you that?"
Oliver: "What do you want?"
Cayden (on phone): "A nano-aluminum amplifier."
Oliver: "I don't know what you're talking about."
Cayden (on phone): "Well, that's all right. I'm sure you can research it. And when you do, you'll find that it's secured at A.R.G.U.S. Deliver it to me or Quentin Lance dies."
Oliver: "The last time we spoke, you vowed to destroy the city. I'm guessing this amplifier gets you one step closer to completing that goal. So why should I help you?"
Cayden (on phone): "I did float the concept of Mr. Lance dying, didn't I?"
Oliver: "Now you listen to me -"
Cayden (on phone): "At nightfall tomorrow, I will text an address to this phone. You'll be there with the amplifier, or Quentin Lance shuffles off this mortal coil. Oh, and please don't breathe a word of this to your friends at A.R.G.U.S." (Ends call)
Felicity: "It's safe to say there are no good reasons that Cayden wants that amplifier."
Thea: "It sounds like a trap."
Diggle: "He has Quentin. It doesn't matter. He has leverage."
Oliver: "Can you and Curtis make a - a replica of this thing, a fake to pass off to Cayden James?"
Felicity: "No. I mean, we're good, but we're not that good. It's one of a kind."
Thea: "Isn't this guy some type of genius hacker? He knows it's at A.R.G.U.S. Why doesn't he just hack in there himself?"
Felicity: "A.R.G.U.S. is 100% air-gapped. I mean, you can't access their network unless you're on site, and I doubt he wants to cross paths with A.R.G.U.S. since they held him prisoner for eight months."
Oliver: "He's using us instead."
Diggle: "A.R.G.U.S. isn't just gonna hand over this amplifier. They have a longstanding policy of not negotiating with terrorists."
Oliver: "Let's bring in Curtis and Rene."
Diggle: "No Dinah?"
Oliver: "Until we know where her loyalties lie, she's out."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Team Arrow (sans Dinah) steals the nano-aluminum amplifier from A.R.G.U.S.:
Diggle: "Oh, Dan, I can't tell you how much I appreciate this favor. I know it's not exactly protocol letting me in here, but I wanted to leave this little surprise for Lyla for when she gets back."
A.R.G.U.S. Guard: "Not letting protocol get in the way of romance."
Diggle: "Yeah. Well, thanks for helping keep the flame alive. I, uh - I forgot my card. It's back at security. I'm an idiot. I'll go get it."
A.R.G.U.S. Guard: "No, no. I'll grab it. Don't need everyone to see you roaming around without clearance." (Leaves)
Diggle: "Good idea. (Over comms) Overwatch. You're up. Talk to me."
Felicity (over comms): "Okay, you guys. I'm working on locating the amplifier. Just stand by. Oh! Okay, you guys. I got it. It's in the east wing. I'll shut down security when I access the panel. Does everybody copy?"
Rene (over comms): "In position. Still don't understand why the brown guys got to be the janitors, though."
Curtis (over comms): "Janitor is a very honorable profession. They clean up after you puke, which is something I might do very soon."
Rene (over comms): "Why the hell isn't Dinah here?"
Curtis (over comms): "Is it possible that she could be more hungover than I am?"
Rene (over comms): "Definitely not."
Oliver (over comms): "Guys, focus. Overwatch, I'm in position. How long until security is down?"
Felicity (over comms): "That depends on Curtis."
Curtis: "We're clear. (Opens lid to trash can) Ohh. Also, leaning over - not a great decision."
Felicity (popping up from trash can and slapping Curtis): "You are not throwing up. I'm already spending my honeymoon in a garbage can. I'm not wearing your puke!"
Curtis: "You slapped me."
Felicity (over comms): "Oliver, I can only buy you 60 seconds before the security around the amplifier turns back on."
Oliver (over comms): "That's more than enough time for me."
Felicity (over comms): "The floor is still pressure sensitive. If you touch it, it will retrigger the alarm."
Oliver (over comms): "Roger that. On your count."
Felicity (over comms): "3, 2, 1. Go."
(Oliver descends from the ceiling on a wire, Mission Impossible-style.)
Oliver (over comms): "Almost there."
Rene (over comms): "Guys, you're about to get company."
Curtis (over comms): "We need more time."
(Rene knocks over pail of water in the path of two guards.)
Rene: "Ahh. Sorry."
Oliver (over comms): "I got it. Clear in 3, 2, 1."
(Felicity drops back into the trashcan, and Curtis closes the lid just as the two guards come by.)
Curtis: "How you guys doing, huh?"

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Oliver confronts Dinah about her deception, OTA's surveillance of the newbies is revealed, and Rene confesses to being the traitor:
Felicity: "Good news is, this is exactly what Cayden wanted. Bad news is, it's -"
Curtis: "Exactly what Cayden wanted."
Curtis: "At least, now we know what he's gonna use it for."
Felicity: "What? He didn't want to supercharge his Christmas lights?"
Curtis: "Remember that thermobaric bomb that Cayden stole? Well, this will multiply the blast radius 20-fold easily."
Diggle: "That's the entire city and then some."
Rene: "Look. I want to save Lance as much as anyone, but he wouldn't want this. I mean, he wouldn't want us to just hand over something so dangerous to some psycho."
Oliver: "Yeah? Well, that's exactly what we're going to do. Curtis is gonna sabotage it."
Curtis: "Curtis is gonna do what, now?"
Oliver: "The amplifier doesn't have to work. We just need Cayden James to think that it works long enough for us to get Quentin back."
Curtis: "I could back-channel a path into the circuitry."
Felicity: "If you hide it behind the existing board, it might buy us enough time to get Lance, get the hell out of there."
Dinah (entering): "Hey. Did you guys just get back from the field? Why didn't I get a call?"
Oliver: "We should speak in private."
Dinah: "That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?"
Oliver: "Okay. Ahem. I know that you've been meeting with the Vigilante in secret."
Dinah: "You followed me?"
Oliver: "I did."
Dinah: "Whatever business I have with Vince is none of yours."
Oliver: "It is when it threatens to put me in prison and keep me away from my son."
Dinah: "What the hell are you talking about?"
Oliver: "I'm talking about being arrested off the statement of someone who knows my identity. Somebody on this team."
Dinah: "And you think it was me? What, because I didn't tell you about Vince?"
Oliver: "I think you have given me no reason to trust you."
Dinah: "And you? What about you? You don't trust me either, John?"
Diggle: "Dinah, I'm sorry."
Dinah: "Wow. No. Uh, no, no. Hey, I'm the sorry one. Yeah, I'm the sorry one for having your back all those times. Screw you guys."
Oliver: "I'm not finished."
Dinah: "I am!"
Curtis: "Hey. Guys, can we - can we all just please calm down for a second? Look. I know everyone's stressed because Cayden's threatening to blow up the city and Lance is kidnapped, but let's just all just take a breath. Now, I'm not saying that it's me, but it can literally be any one of us."
Diggle: "Dinah, you were the only one with something to hide. Everyone else checked out."
Curtis: "What does that mean?"
Diggle: "Yeah. What does that mean, John?"
Oliver: "It means we had you under surveillance."
Curtis: "What? All of us?" 
Dinah: "And by all of us, you mean all of us." (Indicating herself, Curtis and Rene)
Curtis: "So just the newbies. We're out there risking our lives just like the rest of you are!"
Rene: "Stop. Dinah isn't the witness, Oliver."
Oliver: "You don't know that."
Rene: "Yes, I do. Because it's me. I'm the one who's testifying against you... Agent Watson came to me. She said she had proof that I was Wild Dog and that she was gonna use it against me to make sure that I never saw Zoe again. She said she had a solid case against you and that she was gonna arrest you either way. You were going down. I just couldn't make the trip with you."
Diggle: "You should have told us, Rene. We could have figured something out."
Rene: "There was nothing to figure out, Hoss. Right? There is no other way."
Felicity: "Yeah. Now we'll never know."
Oliver: "Rene. Get out. Get. Out."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Black Siren tells Quentin about her own father’s death on Earth-2:
Black Siren: "Oh, good. You're awake. I wanted us to have a little daddy-daughter time."
Quentin: "Because of what happened on Lian Yu."
Black Siren: "You make it sound like I should be over it by now. You shot me and left me for dead."
Quentin: "You seem to have bounced back."
Black Siren: "Yeah, thanks to Cayden James. He sent someone for me."
Quentin: "I'm sorry. I made a mistake shooting you. I'm glad you're okay."
Black Siren: "Heh. Then you're an idiot."
Quentin: "Heh. You're probably right. You're probably right. Listen. When you, uh - when you look at me, do you see your own father at all?"
Black Siren: "No. Because my father died when I was 13."
Quentin: "What happened?"
Black Siren: "It was my 13th birthday, and he left to go get my birthday cake, like he did every year, and then the phone rang. There was an accident. A drunk driver ran through a red light. Head-on collision."
Quentin: "I'm sorry. I used to pick up Laurel's cake, too. Yellow with chocolate frosting. From her favorite bakery."
Black Siren: "Carly's."
Quentin: "Sorry you didn't get to know your father. I guess you're stuck knowing me."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Team Arrow goes to meet with Cayden James and rescue Quentin Lance:
Rene: "Thanks for having me back, man."
Oliver: "Let's get our friend back. (Over comms) This is where Cayden James wants to make the exchange?"
Felicity (over comms): "Yep. It's a no-brainer he picked this place. It's a digital black hole. There's no cameras, insulated walls. Once you guys get inside, I'm totally blind."
Diggle: "But that means so is he."
Oliver: "Get the amplifier working?"
Curtis: "I hope so because otherwise we'd be handing a crazy psychopath the means to crater the entire city. I mean 'yes.' Yes, it's ready."
Oliver: "I will handle the exchange. You three be my eyes and ears. The priority is extracting Quentin, but if we get a chance to take Cayden James into custody, we take it. Whatever we're going through, whatever issues we have, let's put it aside and get the job done. Agreed?"
Dinah: "Agreed."
Rene: "Agreed."
Oliver: "Okay. Let's go."
Rene: "We can't see anything up here. Let's search the building."
Diggle (over comms): "Green Arrow said stay put until he makes the exchange."
Rene: "What? We're - we're his eyes and ears, and we can't even look around?"
Felicity (over comms): "Guys, we need you as backup."
Curtis (over comms): "Well, maybe if you bugged Lance like you bugged us, we'd know where he was."
Felicity (over comms): "Whoa. We didn't bug you guys. We tracked your GPS. It's totally different."
Curtis: "Bugging me now."
Felicity (over comms): "You know I can hear you through Wild Dog's comms. You know that, right?"
Rene: "Screw it. I'm not gonna sit around here and wait for Oliver to decide to trust us again."
Cayden: "You see, what I wanted was a nano-aluminum amplifier. One that hasn't been sabotaged."
Felicity (to Diggle): "He knows. That makes no sense. How could he know?"
Cayden: "I'm disappointed, though not nearly as much, I imagine, as your friend, Mr. Lance. (Over comms to Black Siren) Kill him. (Pointing to Oliver) And kill him."
(Oliver and Dinah fight Cayden's minions.)
Felicity (over comms): "Team, everything's gone south."
Diggle (over comms): "Back up Green Arrow!"
Felicity (over comms): "Wild Dog, Terrific, where are you guys?"
Rene (over comms): "We're on our way."
Diggle (over comms): "On your way? Why weren't you in position?"
Rene (over comms): "Haven't got time for that now, Hoss. We've got eyes on Lance."
Oliver (over comms): "James is gone. His men are down. Where the hell is everybody?"
Felicity (over comms): "I've got Lance and Laurel. They're exiting the north side of the building."
Oliver (over comms): "I'm on my way."
Rene (over comms): "Laurel's getting away with Lance. And we've got company."
Diggle (over comms): "Can I get a sitrep?"
Felicity (over comms): "Is everyone okay?"
Oliver (over comms): "Yeah. We're good here."

609 (Irreconcilable Differences) – Oliver kicks Rene off the team; and Dinah and Curtis quit the team:
Diggle: "How's Lance?"
Dinah: "He's fine. Sleeping it off."
Oliver: "Any sign of Cayden James or Black Siren?"
Felicity: "Nada. They're completely off the grid."
Curtis: "But we got Quentin back. That was the objective, right?"
Oliver: "Right. You and Rene were supposed to be backup. Where'd you go?"
Rene: "We were looking for Lance. And from what I can tell, we found him."
Oliver: "Moving off of your position, was that your call or Curtis'?"
Curtis: "Look. I was right there beside -"
Rene: "It was my call, and it turned out to be the right one."
Oliver: "You got lucky, Rene. Doesn't make it the right call."
Rene: "Look, man. I know you're pissed at me, and I don't care. Because you left us blind out there, and I wasn't gonna let Lance die just because you didn't trust us enough to go off leash and look for him."
Oliver: "When we are in the field, there is a clear chain of command, plain and simple."
Rene: "I've been the same guy tonight that I've always been since you brought me onto this team."
Oliver: "Rene, yes, that's true, you have. Sometimes, you go your own way."
Rene: "That's right."
Oliver: "And I put up with it because I trusted you."
Rene: "What's that supposed to mean?"
Oliver: "You got a second chance tonight, my friend, and you broke our trust again. You don't get a third. You're off the team."
Rene: "Just like that?"
Oliver: "Just like that."
Rene: "It's been real, y'all." (Leaves)
Dinah: "Yeah, I hate to say it, but Oliver is right. We're a team. We need to - we need to trust each other, need to believe in each other. (To Oliver) I don't believe in you anymore."
Diggle: "Dinah."
Dinah: "Don't. It's too late. I'm out, too." (Leaves)
Diggle: "I'm just gonna say this. I don't think there's anything that has been said or done that can't be undone."
Felicity: "I don't think I agree, John."
Oliver: "I agree with Felicity. We need to move forward."
Curtis (entering): "Sorry I'm late. Um, I think I probably might still be a little hungover. I've also been thinking about a few things. Oliver, you and Dinah were right. No trust, no team. You all spied on me, invaded my privacy. Whether you couldn't trust me or not, it means that I can't trust you."
Felicity: "Curtis, what's that supposed to mean?"
Curtis: "I'm still a part of Helix Dynamics, Felicity. That's separate, but this... I'm done." (Leaves)
Oliver: "Ahem. Like I said, we need to move forward."
Diggle: "Oliver."
Oliver: "Cayden James knew that we sabotaged the amplifier last night. We need to find out how."

Edited by tv echo