Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E22: Live Top 10 Performances

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Why not?

Because this show has a formula.  So I would expect a soul/R & B artist in there.  If Alicia wasn't coming back, then they would ask Jennifer again or find somebody else like maybe Kelly Rowland.  The show might view Kelly and Miley as their pop/mainstream artists that can give Blake a little country competition.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

Do you mean Miley is not going to be on Season 14 or she is not going to do the show anymore?  I know that Season 14 has Alicia and Kelly.  I didn't expect Miley to be on the same season as Kelly.

I admit that I have a soft spot for Miley.  I hope that Brooke is in the finals this season.  Miley does seem invested with her contestants.  I like how she seems to spend a lot of time helping them and lets them know that they can reach out to her later.  I can tell that Janice and Miley were really close.  Miley seems close to the other two also.  I think Miley can also show her contestants how to perform.  In their group number, Miley was having fun and it made the others have fun too.

I think the band did Janice in.  In the Top 11 performance, although Janice prevailed, I think she had to sing louder to be heard over the band.  That probably strained her voice.  I loved her Top 12 performance.

I understood her to mean she isn't being asked to come back, period. Hopefully, someone will say that I got it wrong. Her comments are much better than Gwen's. Alicia's, Pharrell's, CeeLo's (except for him dropping some song history knowledge when you need it), etc.   I like what Blake brings, but her coaching seems much better than his, to me. Likewise, Shakira was cute and fun and brought a nice energy but didn't add a whole lot music-wise. I didn't care for many of Christina's commets and, like JLo, she pushed "diva delivery" too hard with her team.  I think Miley's been such a good coach and judge--and even find her wacky get-ups kind of fun.

I hope I got it wrong and that she -will- be back.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Adusk81 said:

1) Chloe: she's kinda amazing. I really dig her. I wanna hear her do "Black Velvet."

2) Chloe, Brooke, Noah and Addison would be a likely final 4.

1) So much this.  Something I didn't know I needed until now.

2) I really hope so.  Those are my top 4 right now.

Woah.  Noah butchered that song.. and no high note?  After Josh West slayed that song last season, Noah really shouldn’t have even attempted it.   I’m surprised no one here has referenced Josh’s version because it was still fresh in my mind.  

Can someone give a little bit more information about what has been going on with Keisha with regards to Adam standing up for her?

I love Addison but "Lucky" didn't do it for me the way "A Case of You" did.  I did have a realization though, that will definitely show my age ... her voice reminds me of Phoebe Snow, the 70s singer/songwriter best known for "Poetry Man". On a shallow note, I don't always love the hats.  Sometimes they are cute and really make the outfit, but I don't want a hat every time.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, lampwick said:

Woah.  Noah butchered that song.. and no high note?  After Josh West slayed that song last season, Noah really shouldn’t have even attempted it.   I’m surprised no one here has referenced Josh’s version because it was still fresh in my mind.  

I haven't watched Monday or Tuesday's shows yet.  I loved Josh West so I want to see how Noah did.

15 hours ago, Padma said:

I understood her to mean she isn't being asked to come back, period. Hopefully, someone will say that I got it wrong. Her comments are much better than Gwen's. Alicia's, Pharrell's, CeeLo's (except for him dropping some song history knowledge when you need it), etc.   I like what Blake brings, but her coaching seems much better than his, to me. Likewise, Shakira was cute and fun and brought a nice energy but didn't add a whole lot music-wise. I didn't care for many of Christina's commets and, like JLo, she pushed "diva delivery" too hard with her team.  I think Miley's been such a good coach and judge--and even find her wacky get-ups kind of fun.

I hope I got it wrong and that she -will- be back.

I hope she'll be back too.  Like I mentioned, I have a soft spot for her.  I know that a lot of people didn't want to watch the show because of her.  They just thought of her antics.  But she knows so much about music and really gives helpful feedback.  I agree that Christina and Jennifer tend to push for diva delivery with lots of vocal gymnastics.  Shakira was very funny and I like her during the blind audition rounds.  However, I didn't think she was a good coach.  Blake seems really nice but I would only pick him if I was country or if I already know what I want to do, e.g. Chloe.

12 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Can someone give a little bit more information about what has been going on with Keisha with regards to Adam standing up for her?

I can't say for sure, but she is a [1] Black [2] Woman who [3] isn't the "right size".  From what I've seen of country fans (NOT the ones here, I emphasize!!), any one of the three would cause nasty comments on YouTube -- together they form a "trifecta of hate" for small minds.  Which, of course, has nothing to do with her voice.

• Love 1
On 12/7/2017 at 3:49 AM, lampwick said:

Finally got a chance to see Noah.  He's creative but he was off key a lot.  Also miss the high notes and agree that Josh West slayed it.

Edited by realdancemom
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, MoreCoffeePlease said:

Thanks, jhlipton.  I thought it might have been criticism about her interest in country music, which some may perceive as being opportunistic.

That might be the case, but I tend to doubt it.  In any case, these "fine" folks never have a problem with "opportunistic" people, as long as they tell the masses what they want to hear.