Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Orientation (1) / S05.E02 Orientation (2)

• Start Topic

There's no way that Daisy did that.  Discount Bradley Cooper is wrong, that was caused by Thanos.  This is taking place in a timeline where Thanos won.  The only way Daisy could cause that damage was if she had the Power Stone.

• Love 14

"Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures." -Rick Sanchez

Please tell me this will be an arc, like with Ghost Rider, the LMDs and the Matrix Framework. The gang is in the future, with nowhere to go, no friends to bail them out. And for about an hour, I was thinking, "Well, at least they didn't destroy the Earth." Even if it turned out Daisy didn't do it, you have to consider that the ultimate end would come from Coulson and his band of misfits.

These are the Kree? Meh. Kinda hoping they were the race Yondu came from. Nope . . . just big blue assholes, with no Skrulls or Shi'ar to fight because of legal reasons. Also no Brood.

Honestly, this felt so grimy, especially Jemma becoming the property of a bigwig, where a big part of it is going deaf. And why didn't Phil ask about the Avengers? Too many continuity headaches?

• Love 4

Yeah, so I loved season 4; each of the three arcs were just so much fun to watch, even with their weaker spots. But this premiere? I gotta admit that I don't know if I'll be interested enough to stick it out a full season. I'm going to give it a try, but this type of science fiction isn't my cup of tea. I've never been into the space shows, and even with the decent twists here, I'm just wondering when the space arc is going to end. Is it going to last through all 22 episodes, or will they get back to the past and on Earth by midseason? 

I guess I'm pleased to have not seen Coulson and the gang going into the future and Earth being destroyed. I also didn't figure that Daisy was the one to rip the world apart. I mean, obviously this event does not end up happening so the question becomes how they changed it. Also, I don't know exactly how things happen in the comics, so I'm clueless to everything that will happen. 

Deke was alright, I guess. I'm annoyed that there were Deke/Daisy hints. I much rather it was Deke/May, if we have to get some romance. 

Kasius was decent enough. He's no AIDA, but it's going to be hard at the moment to keep my attention when it's coming off of that arc. 

So, Fitz, for some reason, is left behind. Why, exactly? Also, why did Simmons seem less than concerned with Fitz not being there? Why did she automatically assume he was safe? For all she knows, he was captured and killed shortly after the group disappeared. I guess the postcard from Fitz was supposed to reassure them. Also, I totally missed where the postcard came from. 

Seriously, are we going to be jumping back and forth between the Future Space Arc and Lone Wolf Fitz? How are they going to make Fitz's story interesting with just recurring characters? 

I'm just really, really confused, and I also really, really don't care, all at the same time. There were complaints last season with the first arc with the entire group being split up. Hell, it kind of went on all season. But now, this season, we have all but one together in space? 

I genuinely was excited for the space arc, but this was not what I expected and I am not going to be pleased if this goes on all season. These two hours didn't convince me of a whole lot to be interested in. Plus, I am super disturbed by what happened with Jemma. 

• Love 4

Welcome back, Agents of SHIELD!  Seriously, welcome back.  After Inhumans stunk up the joint and laid a massive turd, I really am glad to see the return of the actually good network Marvel show.  Of course, since ABC has now moved it to Fridays, I'm mentally preparing myself for this to be the last season.

I thought it was a pretty solid return.  Despite all the time jumps and the mystery of what happened to Earth (I'm going to guess it won't end up being Daisy), the biggest question I have is why was Fitz apparently not deemed needed to go into the future and "save humanity."  Was it simply a case of Iain De Caestecker needed time off for whatever reason or will there be a legit reason why Fitz needed to stay behind?  I guess him leaving a message on the back of that postcard means he will do something in the present that will end up helping them all in the future.  I did kind of love that Simmons didn't even seem that bent out of shape and was more "Well, of course we get split up!  We can never stay together for long!"

Kind of surprised they got away with some pretty gory stuff in the first hour.  Naturally, I loved Mack's understandable reaction to finding out he's not only been sent to freaking space station against his will, but has to put up with killer aliens.  And, of course, him preventing them from splitting up at first.  Mack's no dummy.  He knows exactly what would have happened!  Glad Yo-Yo is here and Natalia Cordova-Buckley is a regular now.

The whole "Kree is forcing the humans to be their slaves/servants" thing and forcing them to work in different sections at the station is strangely giving me some Hunger Games vibes.

Ah, Pruitt Taylor Vince!  I think The Walking Dead was the only time you didn't play a slimy, shady character!

Right now, Deke's kind of your average smarmy dick, but maybe he'll grow on me.  Do like Tess mainly because I really liked Eve Harlow on The 100.  Curious about her relationship with Melinda that seems to be blossoming.

Unfamiliar with the actor playing Kasius, but purposely or not, I felt like he was channeling Lee Pace's Ronan from Guardians of the Galaxy, which was kind of cool.  And I'm pretty sure is silent henchwoman was Florence Faivre a.k.a. Julie Mao from The Expanse!  Badass weapon.  It should face off against Yondu's arrow!

Ain't an official Agents of SHIELD premiere until Melinda kicks someone's ass!

My crush on Elizabeth Henstridge continues to grow each season, apparently.

• Love 18
31 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

So why was Fitz left behind, I wonder? With any other show I'd say drama, but I've learned to trust these guys.

If whoever brought them needs them to save humanity then they likely meant stop the Earth's destruction.  So Fitz is probably still in the past to help them return from the future via time travelling monolith which seems to always be on only one side of the portal. 

The thing that bugged me most about these episodes was how dark it was inside the ship.  I did laugh when they were moving along in Scooby formation and Coulson said something like this is the coolest we've ever looked.

• Love 16

Now the show is Pandorum? Agents of Shield ....in space. There was a Daily Show parody sketch of producers who pitch premises and just add  "in space" to look distinct.

You know if they had been inadvertantly flung into the Kree homeworld where humans were "kidnapped"/"sent" to work for the Kree and they try to get back home to warn the planet about possibility of a Kree invasion I think that would be less ridiculous. Time travel? So instead of establishing they have to fix the mess they had created in season 4 the show decides to forget that and focus on time travel and saving the future? And the agents of Shield are now legends?

I guess this episode was also meant to clue drop for the agents to figure out what had happened or how to prevent the invasion but I get the feeling they're making it sound like it's Daisy did something to make it worse.

Where's Fitz?

• Love 2

I liked the first episode (partly for Mack's alien/movie cracks), but I'm iffier on the revelation that they're not only in space but the FUTURE, or rather, a possible future that needs intervention.  I'm sick of grimy, hopeless dystopias, so hopefully we don't have to spend the whole arc here (unless there's some fresh twist, but they were really doubling down on the "hopeless" bit).  (Also, I would miss Fitz.)  I don't buy that Daisy caused the destruction of the planet.  If it were one city, sure, but the whole planet?  Ehh.

Any hints as to who the guy at the beginning of the episode (with the skin suit) was?  Were we supposed to recognize him?  I thought he and the creepy Kree who's enslaved Jemma looked similar, but it's hard to tell with the blue makeup (and I'm not sure that would make sense anyway, so it's probably just my typical mixing up of actors I'm not familiar with).

I have enough investment in this show that I'm in till the end.  (And regardless, I trust that this is going to be better than Once Upon a Time's abysmal s.7, so at least my Friday night TV will have something going for it ...)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Honestly, this felt so grimy, especially Jemma becoming the property of a bigwig, where a big part of it is going deaf. And why didn't Phil ask about the Avengers? Too many continuity headaches?

I kept expecting him to ask about the Asgardians. This definitely seems like something they would have put a stop to. Although may now that their planet is destroyed they lost their influence in that part of space.

Also where is Xandar? Would Coulson know about them? They seemed to be the main people fighting the Kree in Gaurdian's timeline.  The more I think about this the more likely it seems like this has something to do with Thanos and his reign of terror. Why else would both Xandar and Asgard seem to be missing from the timeline.

I doubt Daisy destroyed the Earth. In fact I would bet money the Kree did.

• Love 1

I don't know if I'm going to last the whole season if this 'hopeless in space' arc goes on too long. It was just so bleak and claustrophobic.

And I'll be honest, I've never totally forgiven them for writing off Bobbie and Hunter.

Edited by emma675d
  • Love 8

Who do I speak to get the two hours of my life back that I wasted on this dreck tonight. This was almost unwatchable at some point. I came close to bailing during the interminable Framework nonsense last season but this has the potential to be worse. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

A once lighthearted show becomes dark & twisty and also time jumped to the future. I might be out. I really don't care. When they went into space, I thought there might be a tie to The Infinity War coming.

Don't rule that out.

As for the Dark & Twisty, they bought into that a long time ago. That said, I did notice that they're still allowing the characters their spunk. They aren't showing them as broken, but the fixers. So that gets around most of the Grim N' Gritty cliches.

Obviously the "Daisy Kills The Earth" thing goes against that, but... I'm pretty sure we're not totally supposed to believe it's true.

• Love 10

Finally! A marvel TV series going out of the Earth mentality. Now people can realize marvel isn't just an Earth show but a universe show! 

I really like how they are taking the plot to space. Something very different and new from the normal Agents of Shield. I'm getting a nice reminisce of shows like Doctor Who, The Expanse, Firefly, Dark Matter, and Stargate series. 

It's always exciting to see the "future" of humanity scenarios even if it is an apocalyptic one. Makes you wonder, hope, and imagine how the future will be like. How normal walking down a terminal and looking out the window to stars and planets. How normal it's to fly around in a spaceship and be able to travel light years. Imagine the technology, the innovations, the discoveries. 

Ah, we are born in the age where we're too late to explore the Earth and too young to explore the universe. We are just getting started with this space stuff. Go Elon Musk and NASA! Sad I won't live to the day where space travel is the norm. What a fantasy it seems now. 

Only reason why I'm talking about all this is because some comments didn't like the space arc. But they're missing out on really good shows that takes place in space! I mean if you liked Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor, there's hope you'll like space shows. 

I wonder what happened to the mutants/inhumans. Maybe the kree took them all out? I wonder what happened to the other alien races that are in a good relationship with Earth like the Asgardians. But their new home is on Earth since their home blew up haha.. But they would've stopped the kree easily! See, it's things like this that makes me excited to know what happened in between this history. 

I doubt Daisy could destroy earth. She isn't that powerful of an inhuman unless her power was somehow amplified. 

If they do stay for a while and then find a way back home, it's a bit sad they won't get to see the new future. 

Keep at it A.o.S!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

The thing that bugged me most about these episodes was how dark it was inside the ship.  I did laugh when they were moving along in Scooby formation and Coulson said something like this is the coolest we've ever looked.

This seems to be a trend on TV shows these days.  Make the scenes so dark you can hardly see what is going on.  All part of making things more "dark and twisty", I guess.  Coulson's "This is the coolest we've ever looked" comment just serves to recall that there used to be more one liners and jokes.  I would like to see things lighten up more.  Hopefully this space opera arc is only half a season long, and they'll move on to something a little more cheery later.

• Love 4

Speaking of dark, man I could hardly see anything! And I have a large screen tv. At one point I thought that the guy who stabbed the servant in the food riot, and then was killed by the Kree woman's magic balls, was Virgil's buddy..they all look alike in the dark! It was so hard to figure out what was going on. 

Like that postcard...I had no idea until I read the recap on EW that it was from Fitz..I could barely even read what it said, no less who it was from. 

I have no problem with space shows..watch a lot of them, and I like the whole insurmountable problem aspect of the arc. All I ask is for enough light so that I can see what's going on! (at least I watch with CC on, so, unlike Jemma, I don't miss the dialog)

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I genuinely was excited for the space arc, but this was not what I expected and I am not going to be pleased if this goes on all season.

I'm just really, really confused, and I also really, really don't care, all at the same time.

I was intrigued at the very beginning (the 17 minute preview part), but when the AoS showed up, it started to become the  same-old stuff : the 'comedic' bickering , sets too dark to see, everyone splitting up (sometimes for no good reason). 

The "WTF is going on?!" element is exciting for a while - but only a while.  After TPTB conveniently kills off whatever characters can help explain things, it starts to get annoying. Eventually the confusion starts to become tedious. "What are they doing now?" "Why?" "Who is that?" "Why are people trying to kill one another?" 

My questions start to become : "Why should I care?" What does it matter?" This is another one of those 'a future that should not exist'. So, except for what happens to our six characters until they return, everything else will go *ploop* and not matter anymore. In some ways, it is not much different than the Framework situation.

(I won't rant about how these dystopian alternative timelines should not magically 'disappear' when someone prevents something in the past. Just because the main characters escape from them should not mean they do not exist anymore.)

I'll stick around for a couple of more episodes, but I an not encouraged by the direction things are going. I still want SHIELD (or SWORD). I'm not so interested in the adventures of some ragtag group of former SHIELD agents who never interact with the larger world (MCU or not ). 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 5

I didn't realize that the show was back so I missed the first bit of it but I think this might actually be right up my ally.  I like the dark and twisty of it.  I do like that the show is fun but I like a little darkness to my fun as well.    The dystopian future idea is very intriguing to me and the premier hit all the right note for me.   So far I am in.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

I doubt Daisy could destroy earth. She isn't that powerful of an inhuman unless her power was somehow amplified. 

If they do stay for a while and then find a way back home, it's a bit sad they won't get to see the new future. 

Keep at it A.o.S!

I agree he came from a situation where information about Daisy, with the news broadcast made by Director Mace he made a leap.  The most famous public real Inhuman provided an explanation because she had a power set to cause what happened.

Despite her mother's explanation of the Quake power being almost unlimited Daisy has never shown the power needed to do what happened to earth as her own body could not stand the strain. On the other hand there are a couple members of the Inhuman royal family which have a similar power set.

Without terrigen, unless it is something the Kree carry for other purposes with official Inhuman studies over, you would guess that while the genes are carried by some of the human slaves the only living weapons around would be Daisy  and Yo-Yo.  Is Sinara actually a Kree, with powers, a blue Inhuman or are her balls like Guardian Yondu's dart and based upon technology?

Preview episode 3

Spoiler

However the preview for episode three seems to suggest that other Inhumans are around

I did like the shot of the team after Mac convinced Coulson not to split up of the diamond formation being shielded by Daisy at the ready to give a force blast. However without her gauntlets she is limited as Coulson is with his basic prosthetic. The bad side, they seemed to depower the Kree soldier/guard. From previous experiences with them standing up to an Asgardian while a wounded Agent May or Mac might be willing to resist and thinking that human slaves out number them you would expect it to be a like horse cavalry charging main battle tanks.

Edited by Raja
  • Love 1

I forgot one thing that irritated me...Jemma kept saying that she recognized the constellations, so she knew they were in our solar system. But..constellations only look like constellations from earth..can you really see them, as such, from space? I don't actually know the answer but it just didn't seem logical. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

If whoever brought them needs them to save humanity then they likely meant stop the Earth's destruction.  So Fitz is probably still in the past to help them return from the future via time travelling monolith which seems to always be on only one side of the portal. 

However, Im concerned Fitz was left behind, he’s feeling super guilty about the Framework, he’s whole support system was taken, not to mention now the director AND some of the best agents are now missing with minimum clues to where they went. He’s going to be dealing with someone new in charge of Shield, AND trying to get everyone back. 

I hate time travel stories, because now you start assuming things. Fitz obviously figured out they went through time hence the postcard. He somehow figured out he would had to get them messages. I now wonder if we’re going to find some salvage with Coulson’s hand and Quake’s gaunlets in them, from Fitz. PS, shouldnt she start having issues soon with using her power too much without them?

So, Fitz, for some reason, is left behind. Why, exactly? Also, why did Simmons seem less than concerned with Fitz not being there? Why did she automatically assume he was safe? For all she knows, he was captured and killed shortly after the group disappeared. I guess the postcard from Fitz was supposed to reassure them. Also, I totally missed where the postcard came from. 

Virgil had the Postcard in his pocket. Coulson was searching him when he was knocked out by Mack. He gave the key to the Trawler to Gemma and showed the postcard to Daisy but then passed it to YoYo. No one ever flipped it over orginally. I am curious to how Mack made the connections between the coordinates and the postcard.

I will admit I did NOT see the time travel coming. I totally said “WTF” outloud when Coulson said “we didnt travel through space,” because dang, this sucks. How do you fix this? I hope this story is tight because if you think about the rescue, you could have:

1) Fitz finds the Monolith, pulls them back through and SHIELD needs to figure out how to prevent the world from shredding.

2) Fitz has to find build a time machine. He might have some serious reservations bc of his last technology AND the implications of messing with time (See Legends of Tomorrow). Plus, where do you go? To the past to prevent the kidnapping or the future to prevent the event...which might not happen because if it was Quake, she’s now in space and not on Earth and now a headache happens because time travel loops are nearly impossible to tie up neatly.

3) Agents in Space figures out how to get back and prevent the Earth shredding on their side with cleverly planted help from Fitz. But I dont like this because I want Fitz to be more ties to this story.

Should we be looking for Agent descendents with these future people? Wouldnt it be crazy if Deke or Tess were grandbabies of one of the Agents? Because as soon as Deke admitted to rebuilding the Framework, I was all “Is that a FitzSimmons grandbaby????”

Overall Im in for this wild space rebellion we’re going to see. I wish our players again werent so split up, but then again, how are they going to get all the information if they’re all together?

• Love 1

I kinda loved it!  The writers earned some leeway through the events of last season, so I'm willing to see where this goes.  I suppose I can thank Star Trek II for my continual heebie jeebies whenever someone has something crawl inside their ears.  It borders on horror to have someone just remove one of your senses... Jemma took it much better than I ever could.  

I forgot one thing that irritated me...Jemma kept saying that she recognized the constellations, so she knew they were in our solar system. But..constellations only look like constellations from earth..can you really see them, as such, from space? I don't actually know the answer but it just didn't seem logical. 

I believe that given the vastness of space it would be akin to being able to recognize a house down the street from yours whether you are standing on your porch versus standing at the end of your driveway.  I am not an astronomer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

• Love 7

The funniest thing to me is DiscountStarLord trying to sell the case that Daisy blew up the world in the past. But the world was intact before they got shoved into the future so unless its a stable time loop then Daisy couldn't blown it up because she was never there to blow it up; having already been sent into the future.

My hunch is we're going to eventually learn that this future is the aftermath of Infinity War 1.0 and some info they bring back from the future will get passed to Fury or Tony or Cap just off-screen (like the location of Loki's scepter in the lead-up to Avengers 2) that instead results in Infinity War ending as it will in the film instead.

Alternately, this first portion is tied into Black Panther somehow (mid-season where things switch gears would fall right in line with its Mid-February release).

If so, its most likely via one of the comic bits about Vibranium (which Wakanda sits on a literal mountain of) exploding if it absorbs too much energy too quickly (think what happened when Thor hit Cap's shield in Avengers only instead of a ten pound shield its a million ton asteroid core embedded in the Earth's crust).

Personally, I'm hoping for the latter as it means the bleak future story will be done in about 6-8 more episodes. Possibly even less since it'll take an episode or so in the present to finally fix things before BP hits theaters.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, rmontro said:

This seems to be a trend on TV shows these days.  Make the scenes so dark you can hardly see what is going on.  All part of making things more "dark and twisty", I guess.

This is a very unfortunate trend and it's being used in too many shows now.  Dark and murky isn't very appealing.  Some LED TVs can get bright enough to maybe pick out more details but you lose some of its black depth.  If you have a plasma or especially an OLED set (like my LG C7) with its deep black levels, the image can show some detail crush. I'll give this another week since a one hour show is easier to take but if this plot line doesn't pick up I'm pretty much out.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Chris24601 said:

The funniest thing to me is DiscountStarLord trying to sell the case that Daisy blew up the world in the past. But the world was intact before they got shoved into the future so unless its a stable time loop then Daisy couldn't blown it up because she was never there to blow it up; having already been sent into the future.

Yeah, true. Which is why it may not be a stable time loop? But then why would all but Fitz be sent into the future to save humanity? If it is Daisy who destroyed the world, wouldn't they just kill her to stop it from happening? So obviously she's not the issue, and it's only Discount Star Lord's guess from the information he's collected. 

There's just a lot from this premiere that isn't piecing together. I guess that's the purpose of this arc. How convenient that Virgil had a postcard from Fitz. How convenient that Deke recreated the Framework and Daisy found out so that Deke could place Daisy to that news report. 

And yes, I'm a bit bothered that the one person most affected by last season's Framework arc is now alone with none of his support system so he's not only dealing with those repercussions, but also now he has to find his missing friends. And he didn't even appear in this premiere or get talked about much. 

I'm going to take a rewatch in a day or two, and hope that maybe I'll enjoy it a bit more. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

It borders on horror to have someone just remove one of your senses... Jemma took it much better than I ever could.  

I'm pretty sure this straight up qualifies as horror. Dammit, show, stop having horrible things happen to Jemma in space! I have to stick around now (or at least keep up online) to make sure she gets out of this one okay. I hate that we didn't get Fitz in the episode. 

As for the "Quake destroyed the world" stuff, this better be wrong and I need this season to tie into Infinity Wars. Frankly, I need a least a few of these characters to show up in Infinity Wars.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

Dammit, show, stop having horrible things happen to Jemma in space!

Yeah, it seemed contrived to have Jemma and May stay behind to 'blend' into the crowd (to get caught by the Kree) while Coulson went to Virgil's room to look for clues. Wouldn't it make more sense to have three people look for helpful clues in Virgil's room? 
You are in a hostile environment! Quit splitting up! What happens when someone finds a way back and you are not all together? (Which you know will definitely happen.)

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, redfish said:

Agents of Shield ....in space. There was a Daily Show parody sketch of producers who pitch premises and just add  "in space" to look distinct.

There's an entire TV Trope page dedicated to this as well.

Josie and The Pussycats in Space

Gilligan's Island in Space

Yogi Bear in Space

etc. etc. etc.

13 hours ago, redfish said:

Time travel? So instead of establishing they have to fix the mess they had created in season 4 the show decides to forget that

Time "jumps" are yet another TV Trope (ALIAS, Desperate Housewives) although some sci-fi shows do resort to actual time travel (Looking at you, LOST) when they have "painted themselves into a corner" and are not clever enough to write a resolution and just wish to "reboot" everything and almost literally start over.  I've practically sworn off of many MARVEL comics thanks to rebooting, now this.

and much like Desperate Housewives and ALIAS, I'm (probably) going to keep watching this until the end, but, much like those shows, I'm really going to be shaking my head more while watching this now.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, paigow said:

The Magic Schoolbus is a clue.....How did it reach escape velocity? How did only 1 survive intact?

I thought it was there to prove that that destroyed two-fifths of a planet-like object was actually the Earth. There are probably tons of recognizable everyday objects out there in the debris field.

Shouldn't Yo-Yo's power allow her to move fast enough to get an up-close clean shot at the roach that was chasing the team. I was disappointed that she missed so many times, but it was still the best scene of the episode.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

The constellations shouldn't noticably change from anywhere within our solar system. It's like viewing a football stadium from the kick-off point and then moving, like, an inch to the left.

As for the premiere, I'm not sure I'm up for an entire season of a depressing setting like this. Hopefully they'll keep structuring their arcs like in previous seasons. 

Edited by mrspidey
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, cali1981 said:

This is a very unfortunate trend and it's being used in too many shows now.  Dark and murky isn't very appealing.  Some LED TVs can get bright enough to maybe pick out more details but you lose some of its black depth.  If you have a plasma or especially an OLED set (like my LG C7) with its deep black levels, the image can show some detail crush.

This is something that's been going on for 20 years. I can recall listening to the DVD commentaries for Buffy and Batman: The Animated Series listening to TPTB expound on how black they really wanted the scenes to be. They all seem to miss that my regular basic bitch tv isn't one of those that can show the difference between midnight, obsidian, ebony, and basic black. It's infuriating.

4 hours ago, bettername2come said:

As for the "Quake destroyed the world" stuff, this better be wrong and I need this season to tie into Infinity Wars. Frankly, I need a least a few of these characters to show up in Infinity Wars.

The only way I think Quake could have destroyed the world is if Thanos stuck her inside one of his world destroying machines.

I don't know that I need any of these characters to show up in Infinity Wars, but I don't want them or their stories basically ignored either. I would be fine with an Easter egg or two and not a bullshit one like the helicarrier. Even a mention of Inhumans during the discussion of the Sokovia Accords would have been nice. It's a line. A line isn't that hard to change, but these jerks on the film side are acting like we're demanding full movie arcs for the TV characters and like the films are all masterpieces. Doctor Strange--visually stunning, narratively--a big old nothing.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Chris24601 said:

I was thinking this too. Clearly, she couldn't have done it as she is in the future. Also I don't think she has that kind of power.

I agree with others that I miss the light hearted show of the past. This episode was so dark both in story and actual lighting. It also reminded me of Terok Nor for Star trek DS9. The humans are the Bajorians, and they keep even mentioning working processing. They might as well be talking about processing Ore. And the Kree are the cardaisians, they are using them as slave labor and occasionally take them for person use. The only difference is Simmons is also a slave and they took away her hearing :(. Not really sure why they would do that, as it doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Unless they don't need her to talk to or listen to the guests. The two (well three) future humans we did meet might as well have been the resistance. The more that I think of it, they really did take a lot of the same storyline. Which I understand happens a lot but still.

Anyhow, I severely miss Fitz.  I hope they show him soon, however it's sad that he isn't in the story with the rest of the characters. Especially the way that they left him last season. He feels responsible for what had happened to the team and then they were all just taken. And he was left in the diner I believe. I'm not sure who there really is for him to have a story with while trying to find them,

Spoiler

I know that Hunter is suppose to make an appearance, but I thought it was only for one episode.

The scene where the team was stuck against the wall, I kept thinking why didn't Coulson just detach his hand, unless used his other one. I was surprised it wasn't mentioned in the show.

Anyhow, I guess this episode was okay. I just hope that they don't drag this out to long and are back on earth once again.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Senna said:

And regardless, I trust that this is going to be better than Once Upon a Time's abysmal s.7

Abysmal is in the eye of the beholder.  I'm enjoying that, too.

I thought that one of the more interesting things of the premiere was Simmons's deafness.  She only seems to be deaf when she's not being spoken to.  When she is, she can hear.  When Kasius was talking to anyone else but she, there was no audio.  But when he turned and spoke to her toward the end, she could hear him.  That is a very interesting piece of technology.  And it might also explain why those in Kasius's direct service don't speak much when they head down to the Exchange.  They can't hear anything about which to speak.

21 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

The whole "Kree is forcing the humans to be their slaves/servants" thing and forcing them to work in different sections at the station is strangely giving me some Hunger Games vibes.

I thought the same thing, especially with the Renewal part that involved killing people.

• Love 2

It reminds me of Snowpiercer where they kept the lower worker class subservient with  substandard food and massacres as population control to keep their numbers under control and emotionally broken.

I think the Daisy destroying the EArth is a misdirection. The Kree just happen to appear just when the Earth is destroyed. This season is setting up a mystery.

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

I thought that one of the more interesting things of the premiere was Simmons's deafness.  She only seems to be deaf when she's not being spoken to.  When she is, she can hear.  When Kasius was talking to anyone else but she, there was no audio.  But when he turned and spoke to her toward the end, she could hear him.  That is a very interesting piece of technology.  And it might also explain why those in Kasius's direct service don't speak much when they head down to the Exchange.  They can't hear anything about which to speak.

I guess we'll see in the next episode how it works, but I thought that she could only hear Kasius when he wanted her to. I do think it ties in to Kasius being the clear Big Bad and his obsession with control. Plus, that shiny silver goo was odd enough to make me think he has control over it as well. Even thought Jemma is now a slave, she's also under the direct control of Kasius. It was interesting to see how compliant she became the moment she got the silver goo in her ear. I do think it could go either way, but I do also believe it's not even that she's deaf, but all the slaves seem to not talk at all, implying that they're also mute. 

Either way, it's incredibly disturbing but one of the few moments I found interesting enough to want to see how it plays out. 

• Love 5
On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Deke was alright, I guess. I'm annoyed that there were Deke/Daisy hints. I much rather it was Deke/May, if we have to get some romance. 

If they went in that direction, it would be fairly repetitive to what's been done before: a white guy initially distrusts her, and then romance - that's pretty much what happened with Ward, when he pretended to be a good guy, and with Lincoln, when he was trying to live a normal life. It's odd how, with Simmons, she had two other potential love interests (outside of Fitz) with Trip and Will, and they were all fairly different from one another so you didn't feel like the writers were simply repeating themselves (not to say I don't think they botched the storylines with Trip and Will, but that's another matter entirely). With Deke, it's pretty much a case of having 'been there, done that'. White guy, distrusts Daisy at first before a romance ensues - do we really need to rinse and repeat as if the show can only follow one template when it comes to Daisy being in a romance? That he's pretty much a Bargain Basement Star-Lord doesn't really help (they couldn't have given him a different color jacket to, at the very least, help avoid that comparison, or were they hoping that fans would conflate Deke for Star-Lord...)

Given that we've had Miles, Ward, and Lincoln as Daisy's prior love interests, I would hope they wouldn't go for the exact same type of guy yet again. That he thinks Daisy is responsible for Earth's destruction based on very, very limited bits of information (and what comes across like some pretty much leaps and assumptions) doesn't really help.

• Love 7

Agents how you've jumped the shark!

I hate the fact they are in the future. I hate the fact that they are in space.  The whole thing just sucked.

A dystopian present after the framework would have been better with a possible threat of a Kree invasion.  The fact that people have turned on eachother instead of banning together to overtake the overlords depressed me.

I think I'm out.  

I thought this was brilliant - and they immediately even made fun of the whole 'in space!' thing. 

I'm intrigued about how much Earth stuff actually has survived - how did they know enough to save the Framework, for example. I love that Kasaius has perfect eye makeup on one eye and has it smudged all the time on the other - because you can see immediately that there's something very wrong with him, the affected asymmetry enjoying bastard. And setting up a storyline that makes the characters feel like there is no hope of escape or anything, and having them try to fight it and right it anyway is quite brave. This show has come so far and just gets better every year.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, Lobsel Vith said:

they couldn't have given him a different color jacket to, at the very least, help avoid that comparison, or were they hoping that fans would conflate Deke for Star-Lord...

To be fair, Quill’s jacket is maroon - but yeah, Deke is totally Thrift Store-Lord.

I plan on staying with the show because I care about the characters - I just hope they aren’t making a mistake here. Audiences didn’t want non-Avengers secret agents back in Season 1 - I don’t know if “Guardians Lite” is going to be much of a draw either.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Unusual Suspect said:

That was weird. Not sure if I like it yet.

^^^ This is me.

I don't know what this is yet, so I can give this season a couple of more episodes before I decide if I wanna keep watching.

I wonder who their guests will be? More Kree? or something else.

Well I loved it too!

Despite the very dark and grim turn the premiere takes, the first 20 minutes or so are pretty hilarious. 

And I think my favorite line of the night goes to Mack, all full of outrage and woe "I am not comfortable at the pace which we deal with new trials and tribulations!" He is hilariously put upon so far this season, which is a nice change of pace from his occasional moral high-handedness from previous seasons. 

• Love 9