Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E14: The Champagne Campaign

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

28 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

It the crew's defense I don't think the have a lot of costumes on board and I am sure there is slim pickings down there to buy them.

No doubt, but as a guest I just would find it hard to be "wowed." How about skip the silly costumes?

17 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Ah, Bri, Karma hurts, huh?

Nico gets promoted and  gives you the boot.

I reacted to this post, Bri gets karma and Nico gets a promotion?  Nope.  Both of them should get karma.    Captain Lee looks like he's regretting promoting Nico, I could have told him that.  

Bri needs to realize that Nico is not interested in a relationship.  He wants to love the one he's with and that's okay as long as you don't make any promises.  

Personally, I think these young people should just have a good time, enjoy being free and single, don't get tangled up with anybody until they're ready to settle down. 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Nancypants said:

I don't get the Bri hate. To me she is normal and very pretty. Nico sucks at life.

I don't HATE her. I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for her. She knew Nico had a girlfriend when they first started flirting and cozying up to each other. It's not all on her. Nico is responsible for his own actions. But I'd never act like that with a taken man. Now he's taking off, back to the ex. What's the saying - "you lose em the way you got em"? Totally applies here. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Now he's taking off, back to the ex.

But the loser didn't even come clean to her. It's all about "the family,"  He told her "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU" for goodness sake after telling us that his relationship with Bri just isn't going anywhere.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, dleighg said:

But the loser didn't even come clean to her. It's all about "the family,"  He told her "IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU" for goodness sake after telling us that his relationship with Bri just isn't going anywhere.

True. But she's dumb if she didn't realize that was just an excuse. At any rate, she soon found out the truth. Nico is a special kind of stupid. He acts like he's not on reality TV, as if his exploits will never see the light of day. 

• Love 3

No doubt, but as a guest I just would find it hard to be "wowed." How about skip the silly costumes?

I have also been underwhelmed by Kate's parties. I think there should be more decorative lights, hanging fabric and fanciful displays and less things you can find in a typical party store. That's what I would expect from a five-star yacht. Yes, these items are more expensive but the same ones can be reused and repurposed for carnivals, white-room parties, masquerade balls and more. Here's a few carnival examples:

carnival-party1.jpg

9194ab4fdaad862892fc05052de29709--cotton-candy-martini-popcorn-bar.jpg

fa472203b4f941b5ddd82639a357d1bd.jpg

• Love 3

I actually really enjoyed this season.  I thought the cast was super entertaining and just the right amounts of crazy.   

Matt - love

Kyle - love

Kate - love

Bruno - love

Baker - love

Temporary Bosan whatever his name is - love

Jen - like/love - I know she's all kinds of crazy and really has no grasp of reality, but She was funny when she wasn't mired in all that.  Hopefully she'll watch and learn.

Bri - like/love - a ltitle boring but she really grew on me

Nico - like.   The thing about Nico is he seems to be missing something .... like maybe he's not all that smart (waayyy harsh, I know), but it's kind of painful to watch.   I felt the same before so I don't think it's just because of his brother.   Although I cut him a ton of slack in that area - even in his handling of Melissa and Brie.  That was a huge, unexpected, and recent loss and he can't be thinking clearly.

• Love 1

Not to be crass, but am I the only one thinking that maybe the Bri/Nico sex wasn't all that great? While I totally agree that he's a douche who wants what he wants in the moment without regard for other people's feelings, his realization that he still wanted to be with his girlfriend back home seemed to happen immediately following their night at the hotel. He had already broken up with Melissa, and was consciously doing what he was doing with Bri for weeks (or at least days...who knows with editing), so it's not like the hotel was a result of a random drunken night to make him pull a "WTF did I do?!". After everything, there was really no reason to not hang out in St. Martin for a couple of days, go back to Chicago, and then try to get back with his girlfriend. I don't see why him not continuing  to hook up with Bri would have made a difference at that point, so I just think they weren't *ahem*...compatible. 

• Love 12

I don't get all the Bri love.  I found her 'ok' looking, pretty lifeless in her facial expression all the time to be honest.  Not interesting to watch except for the Nico fling-- and even that was boring (other than when he dropped her).  I hope she wont be back.  I agree with the above poster who said Nico had no trouble dropping her because he found her also maybe lifeless in the sack...  Her interactions with the guests was almost nonexistent.  Compare her to Season 2's Amy who was also 2nd stew and a huge part of the show.

Nico was just the same the other season he was on the show, just as petty,full of himself, and never taking blame for anything he did wrong.  I feel sorry for the loss of his brother, but even tho he blamed all his mess ups on his sorrow, it sure didn't hinder his partying or kidding around with the crew.  If he'd been that upset he shouldn't have come on the show.  Something tells me ol' Nico is so in love with himself that no way would he pass up an opportunity to be a star again.  I don't know, I feel mean typing this but I can not stand that 'chiseled jaw' guy!  Please, Bravo, No more Nico!  Please.

Kate's observations are hilarious and I'd miss her if she was gone, but she's looking and acting a little worn out.  There's got to be a younger and just as snarky Kate out there somewhere who'd love to be on the show, isn't there?

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, stcroix said:

Kate's observations are hilarious and I'd miss her if she was gone, but she's looking and acting a little worn out.  There's got to be a younger and just as snarky Kate out there somewhere who'd love to be on the show, isn't there?

Kate can be funny at time but mostly she is cruel and mean spirited.  She reminds me of a mean bitter past her prime middle aged alcoholic who sits around and insults her neighbors as they walk by her front porch.  I think they need to cast a new chief stew next season.  

• Love 7
18 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I wonder if real charter guests with real money actually request to have these awful cheesy parties with the entire crew fawning all over them to entertain them. It always comes off as pathetic.   If I were on a charter like that I would want the crew in the background. Be there when I need you, disappear when I don't. Keep my room clean and the food on time and delicious. In return I will be a polite, easy guest and tip you well. But then again this all for TV so it's probably nothing like the real thing. 

This is how I would be! Get stuff right and adhere to the schedule I want for meals and you'd never hear a bad word from me.

10 hours ago, MegD said:

I don't want to defend Nico (seriously, I don't. He's more than a little bit of an ass), but having had really awful speculation surround my own brother's death. (He was president of his fraternity and was found at the bottom of the stairs in the house after a night out with his friends in another fraternity as his brothers all had tests to study for. The speculation ranged from "he was pushed" to "power play for the presidency" to "hazing gone wrong" and there was a lot fo speculation about how drunk he was. Later tests revealed he would have been allowed to legally get behind the wheel of a car. He also was an organ donor. It was also determined that, to the best we can tell, he had climbed the stairs only to realize he had forgotten his shirt and phone downstairs. Leaving his shoes on the landing by the fire door, he must have turned around to go get his phone to call his girlfriend. We think his bad knee (3 surgeries on it) had buckled while he had all of his weight on that leg, causing him to fall backwards in a way that severed his brainstem, killing him. He then tumbled down the stairs, where he was found, in the landing corner, looking like he had passed out. His brothers couldn't wake him but though he was breathing when they found him. But I tell my story because we found the speculations about my brother. It devastated my Mom when she found them. It didn't matter to her that 200 people got pieces and parts (by the time you account for blood, tissue, and organs), all that mattered was that someone out there was saying he was hazed to death or was killed because he was fraternity president and his cousin, the vice-president, wanted it.

Since Tristen's death wasn't witnessed, it's going to leave his family searching for answers for a long time. And some of that searching may take place online. So having had to scrape my own mother off the ceiling and resist the urge to go punch a guy in the throat for writing stuff that wasn't true about my brother, I just ask that people remember that this is still a really raw, personal situation for them.

I get what you're saying, but everything in the post you quoted is in the article online about the situation. So the poster you quoted isn't posting some random conspiracy theory about how the brother died.

• Love 4

I thought Nico and his girlfriend had broken up before the yacht season? Otherwise, why did he keep saying he needed to win her back? Bri has no blame in any shenanigans.

"I have a chiseled jaw, broad shoulders..." is the new catchphrase with the fellas in my home. The fact that Nico bragged about himself thus - on national TV - affirms everything I already thought about him: spoiled, immature, arrogant and delusional.

So, do all yachts allow their decks to be trashed? Or just the ones that are used as shooting locations? Is the Valor going into dry dock for a refurbishment, or going to be the subject of a discount sale? (If it still exists after the hurricanes).

Interesting that we saw Kate apparently working a lot, when in the previous season she was shown standing around, playing with her phone, or sleeping. Calculated?

Matt thinks he has a career in yachting, and Captain Lee says he doesn't. Perhaps he'll be back.

If I had the wherewithal to take one of these trips, the last thing I'd want to do is theme parties. Too much work. And stoopid.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Kate can be funny at time but mostly she is cruel and mean spirited.  She reminds me of a mean bitter past her prime middle aged alcoholic who sits around and insults her neighbors as they walk by her front porch.  I think they need to cast a new chief stew next season.  

This. She set herself up for having trouble with Jen early in the season when she kept insulting her, especially when she would insult Jen in front of the guests. I'm not saying that Jen specifically worked less hard because of that, of course. I think Jen would have been just as lackadaisical, but without the insults Kate would have been able to approach Jen differently and perhaps get her to work harder and complain less.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

So, do all yachts allow their decks to be trashed? Or just the ones that are used as shooting locations? Is the Valor going into dry dock for a refurbishment, or going to be the subject of a discount sale? (If it still exists after the hurricanes).

I had the same thought when one of the earlier seasons (may have been BD Med, I don't recall) and there was a "hoe down" theme party where all the guests were wearing cowboy boots and stomping around the deck. Doesn't everyone either go barefoot or wear deck shoes to protect those wood decks? My thought was that real boat people would be absolutely cringing at that behavior.

• Love 1

I guess Jen's repeated performance lapses - being late for her shifts because she was sleeping in or curling her hair - underscore the fact that this is more of a TV show than a real yachting experience. I don't think she would pull that nonsense over and over in a real-word yachting experience, or a real-world captain would fire her. Jen and the bedraggled and exhausted Kate knew that Jen would not be fired. Kate was reduced to throwing up her hands, or the occasional snark. Jen basically did what she wanted. Hopefully no one, neither production nor the captain, will want her back and we'll be free of her.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

I guess Jen's repeated performance lapses - being late for her shifts because she was sleeping in or curling her hair - underscore the fact that this is more of a TV show than a real yachting experience. I don't think she would pull that nonsense over and over in a real-word yachting experience, or a real-world captain would fire her. Jen and the bedraggled and exhausted Kate knew that Jen would not be fired. Kate was reduced to throwing up her hands, or the occasional snark. Jen basically did what she wanted. Hopefully no one, neither production nor the captain, will want her back and we'll be free of her.

I politely disagree. I do think that she is the kind of person who would be late chronically and always put her selfish needs first (her hair styling being one example). I hope for the sake of her daughter that I'm wrong. Any future employer who sees this show on her resume might watch and say nope, no dice and take a pass on hiring her. It does not show her in a flattering light. It's also probably why she chose real estate. She can choose her hours to some extent and put into it just enough to get out of it what she needs. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

thought Nico and his girlfriend had broken up before the yacht season? Otherwise, why did he keep saying he needed to win her back? Bri has no blame in any shenanigans.

He broke up with her via text message during the show after he decided he wanted to hook up with Bri not before the season started.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Right.  Nico dumped her because SHE was "lifeless" in the sack.  Please.  Major speculation.  It's all her fault. 

I agree that she does have lifeless facial expressions (kind of like Kate's RBF...I guess it could be called "RDF" - resting dead face), but I never said anything was her fault. I'm not under the impression she had just gotten out of a relationship, had she?  She appeared to me to just be having fun in another country with a cute guy. I don't think a lackluster night in the sack would deter her from spending an extra few days or week traveling around an exotic location with him. The fact that HE had just gotten out of a relationship though & maybe didn't "spark" with Bri on the level he did with his ex, could cause that "oh, I f'ed up...I need to get Melissa back. I don't need to spend an extra few days with Bri." I just think the timing of his turnaround was suspect. I didn't mean to give the impression that HE is some sort of sex god & she didn't live up to his greatness. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I thought Nico and his girlfriend had broken up before the yacht season? Otherwise, why did he keep saying he needed to win her back? Bri has no blame in any shenanigans.

No, they had not broken up before the yacht season. He broke up with her via text message after he and Brianna started flirting and he realized she'd bang him. So yes, Brianna does share equal blame in what went down because she specifically stated that she didn't care he was in a relationship. Seriously, you need to re-watch this season's episodes.

• Love 5

I wonder if Valor or any of the other yachts used in previous episodes did not make it though the hurricanes and if we'll have another season. I do like the version of Below Deck more than the Med version but if the Caribbean is trashed could that cause issues for another season.

On the subject of the last episode I do hope Matt sticks with it, I know a lot of people did not like him or his menu but I think he learned from his mistakes and I don't take points away from his success on the last charter for working with the chief stew who has experience with a client to get the menu right, he still had to cook it. In fact if the cooks worked more closely with the chief stew maybe they would not fight as much.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

wonder if Valor or any of the other yachts used in previous episodes did not make it though the hurricanes and if we'll have another season.

I believe Valor survived, Kate and Lee talked a out the devastation to places featured on her podcast and never mentioned it being harmed. That being said, the overall devastation in the Caribbean will definitely impact filming. 

3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

This is how I would be! Get stuff right and adhere to the schedule I want for meals and you'd never hear a bad word from me.

I get what you're saying, but everything in the post you quoted is in the article online about the situation. So the poster you quoted isn't posting some random conspiracy theory about how the brother died.

Thank you!  I believe everything I wrote has been stated or confirmed by the family.  I also don't think that saying that he was drunk is bashing him or maligning his name - he was an adult who drank and the fall was an accident.  No conspiracies for sure.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

No, they had not broken up before the yacht season. He broke up with her via text message after he and Brianna started flirting and he realized she'd bang him. So yes, Brianna does share equal blame in what went down because she specifically stated that she didn't care he was in a relationship. Seriously, you need to re-watch this season's episodes.

I disagree.  Brianna might have wanted to bang Nico, but ultimately, NICO was the one in the relationship and should have said, "no thanks, I'm seeing someone."  I mean Brianna isn't some magical sorceress whose powers make men unable to resist her.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I disagree.  Brianna might have wanted to bang Nico, but ultimately, NICO was the one in the relationship and should have said, "no thanks, I'm seeing someone."  I mean Brianna isn't some magical sorceress whose powers make men unable to resist her.

I never said or implied she was somehow magical. However, she isn't blameless, either. She could just have easily said "No thanks. You're seeing someone." See how that works? All it takes is for one of them to have standards and act ethically. Doesn't matter which one. Thus, both are equally to blame for the situation between them. Personally, I think Brianna is particularly stupid for thinking that someone who's willing to cheat (or who's willing to break up with his girlfriend only so he can technically claim he's not cheater) is someone who would treat her with respect or be good "relationship material".

1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

Thank you!  I believe everything I wrote has been stated or confirmed by the family.  I also don't think that saying that he was drunk is bashing him or maligning his name - he was an adult who drank and the fall was an accident.  No conspiracies for sure.

Completely agree. You stated facts and the fact is that he was drunk, probably did something he could easily have done sober (sit on the handrail), lost his balance (due to being drunk) and fell to his death. It's tragic circumstances and I feel bad for his family and friends. In spite of him being drunk, I'm not of the attitude of "He deserved what he got because he was drunk", which is how I would feel if he were doing something like driving while drunk. It's sad that he passed away and that's that. I'm not even hopeful that what happened to him would be a warning to anyone else because humans just don't think like that.

• Love 10

Nico was on WWHL during the season wearing a god-awful teal colored leather jacket and his girlfriend Melissa was there with him. If i'm not mistaken, I believe he said they had matching leather jackets. I hope that's her special brand of torture for what he did to her. I also hope it continues for a long time since she did take him back. I would say Bri definitely doesn't deserve any of the blame for Nico cheating however actively flirting with/pursuing a guy you know has a girlfriend is not a great look. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I'm not even hopeful that what happened to him would be a warning to anyone else because humans just don't think like that.

I didn't even go to a party school and drunk people falling off balconies was a fairly common occurrence during the first few weeks of school every year.  I remember a couple deaths, but the instance I remember best is someone that landed on a wrought iron fence and impaled their buttocks and the fire department had to come cut them out.  Anyway, it was the same story every year -- at least 3 or 4 students would drunkenly fall off of balconies, so I think you are right in your assessment.   

• Love 3
11 hours ago, MrSmith said:

She does deserve something like disdain but not EQUAL blame, I the word blame feels wrong here as well (even if it was blame I don't think it would be equal). She has nothing invested in his old relationship, meaning she does not know the girl so other than being a crappy thing to do to another person if Nico wants to fool around with her whatever. She flirted but not too over the top, sorry but it is up to the person in the relationship to say no, it just is, she didn't force him to do it. 

Edited by fifty8th
  • Love 10

Oh, Tim, you are soooooo rich.  He wants to be known as the Big Rich Man.  Well, sorry, dude.  Only fools waste perfectly good champagne by spraying it on each other.  I feel nothing but contempt for you, silly stupid man. 

• Love 9
1 minute ago, Red Bridey said:

Oh, Tim, you are soooooo rich.  He wants to be known as the Big Rich Man.  Well, sorry, dude.  Only fools waste perfectly good champagne by spraying it on each other.  I feel nothing but contempt for you, silly stupid man. 

He really is a poor man's idea of a rich man...

• Love 5

So did they show Kate's "champagne fountain"? It looked kind of ridiculous; it was sort of glued-together plastic champagne "glasses" wasn't it? I couldn't figure out how it was going to work, and I don't recall them actually showing it "working".

• Love 5
7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I think you're thinking of Matt. HE had broken up with his gf before charter, and spent a few episodes trying to rekindle things. She firmly, but politely, shut it down. It really messed up his head for much of the season. 

Nico was still with his gf, but was clearly very attracted to Bri. About halfway in, he started complaining about how "clingy" Melissa was being. He was clearly setting the stage for an exit. I do think he crossed A boundary with Bri before the breakup, but I don't think anything full on happened until after. Or am I wrong?

At any rate, Nico has to shoulder the blame for any infidelity, as well as the shitty way/reason of breaking up with someone. But I will judge Bri for knowing a dude is taken and continuing to flirt and touch him. Ultimately she can't MAKE him do anything, but being the other woman is still a classless look.

7 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Interesting that we saw Kate apparently working a lot, when in the previous season she was shown standing around, playing with her phone, or sleeping. Calculated?

My memory sucks, but I've always seen Kate as a hard worker. I think she was a bit distracted last season because of her relationship with Ro. She WAS on the phone a lot then. But I don't think that's the norm for her. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, dleighg said:

So did they show Kate's "champagne fountain"? It looked kind of ridiculous; it was sort of glued-together plastic champagne "glasses" wasn't it? I couldn't figure out how it was going to work, and I don't recall them actually showing it "working".

I don't recall seeing it working but maybe you have to have real glass not plastic ones to make it work. I think I recall them being taped/glued together. I only remember the focus being on all of the seafood. It was a nice enough buffet but not a "tower" in my opinion. Was it even served on crushed ice? 

12 minutes ago, dleighg said:

They showed it briefly when they were starting dinner right before the lobster tails though they didn't show them doing it and not all the glasses were filled.

• Love 2

I think if you're Scotch-taping plastic champagne glasses together to make a fountain, you're not the queen of theme parties.  Kate's BD parties may be the saddest thing on all of TV.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

[Nico] was clearly setting the stage for an exit. I do think he crossed A boundary with Bri before the breakup, but I don't think anything full on happened until after. Or am I wrong?

Pretty sure they were sleeping in the same bed before he broke up with his girlfriend.  (I could be wrong, too)  If so, then unless they had one of those Puritan bundling boards between them at that point, I think something full-on happened while he was still in a "committed" relationship. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I don't recall seeing it working but maybe you have to have real glass not plastic ones to make it work

As someone who tried to make a sparkling juice fountain for New  Year's Eve once in high school ... you definitely need something sturdier than plastic glasses. Ours came tumbling down basically as we started pouring the juice. ... oops.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Thumper said:

Right.  Nico dumped her because SHE was "lifeless" in the sack.  Please.  Major speculation.  It's all her fault.  

I never said it was ALL her fault.  But like an above poster said, if she'd been some kind of wild 'person' then I do believe he'd have found it hard to not hang around the area to spend more time with her.  He's a cad, no doubt about that.  Maybe she wasn't that impressed with HIM, but willing to hang out with him for awhile to see where it went-- who knows?  It's all speculation from everyone not actually Nico or Bri. Please. 

• Love 2

At any rate, Nico has to shoulder the blame for any infidelity, as well as the shitty way/reason of breaking up with someone. But I will judge Bri for knowing a dude is taken and continuing to flirt and touch him. Ultimately she can't MAKE him do anything, but being the other woman is still a classless look.

I totally agree. At the end of the day they were both jerks, but in different ways. As far as Bri getting her karma, I think that would be more along the lines of her getting cheated on by a boyfriend in a similar fashion. She really didn't seem all that broken up about Nico's decision to go home (just a little confused at best), and her saying they could've had something great could've meant a great week in the Caribbean. 

• Love 6
11 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I totally agree. At the end of the day they were both jerks, but in different ways. As far as Bri getting her karma, I think that would be more along the lines of her getting cheated on by a boyfriend in a similar fashion. She really didn't seem all that broken up about Nico's decision to go home (just a little confused at best), and her saying they could've had something great could've meant a great week in the Caribbean. 

Correct.  It's not nice or classy to "pursue" a person in a relationship.  However, it is up to the person actually in the relationship to put the breaks on things.  If they don't, hey, I guess they really weren't as serious about the relationship as they thought they were.  

• Love 4

This Bri / Nico debate is judgy.  I could care less about which Young/ Horny/ Attractive person is screwing who, or how they go about it. The bigger outrage is Jen and her damn self and how bad she SUUUCKS as an employee and as a person.

• Love 7

This season was alright. Not great, but not horrible either. As for the crew-

Cap Lee- Cranky, dryly humorous, same as always.

Kate- Cranky, snarky, probably really tired of dealing with stupid.

Jen- Lazy, entitled, perpetual victim, clueless.

Baker- Harmless.

Matt- Nice, but doesn't seem to have the passion or imagination to be a charter chef.

Bruno- Enthusiastic and helpful, but can be snippy and bossy. Good potential.

Brianna- Seems competent in her work, but knowingly pursuing someone already in a relationship with the "I'm not cheating, he is" rationale isn't saying much for her as a person.

Nico- Selfish, entitled, immature ass. Also, the "I'm only human" excuse for cheating is rage inducing. Human is not synonymous with lying, cheating Grade A Dick, which is what he is.

Heads up for the reunion. On my cable, Comcast, the reunion on Tuesday is listed as WWHL, not BD, so the scheduled season recording of BD didn't have it set to record.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, greyflannel said:

Cap Lee- Cranky, dryly humorous, same as always.

Speaking of the Captain, I normally "get" his one-liners, but what he said about how Timothy Sykes was more likely to see God twice in the next 30 minutes than spraying him with a champagne bottle went totally over my head. What did that mean?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Speaking of the Captain, I normally "get" his one-liners, but what he said about how Timothy Sykes was more likely to see God twice in the next 30 minutes than spraying him with a champagne bottle went totally over my head. What did that mean?

I thought that meant that if Sykes tried to spray Captain Lee with champagne, he'd end his life...twice.

• Love 4

totally agree. At the end of the day they were both jerks, but in different ways. As far as Bri getting her karma, I think that would be more along the lines of her getting cheated on by a boyfriend in a similar fashion. She really didn't seem all that broken up about Nico's decision to go home (just a little confused at best), and her saying they could've had something great could've meant a great week in the Caribbean. 

I agree that Bri seemed more confused than upset by Nico's decision to go home but I think that's only because he only told her he needed to go home to his family. If he had admitted that he wanted to get back together with his girlfriend, Bri's reaction may have been different.

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 3

We really have no idea what Nico told Bri about his relationship, so I have a hard time blaming her for his cheating.  It's not like he's married.  We, as viewers, had the benefit of seeing him talk about his girlfriend in interviews, but who knows what she knew.

That said, I do side eye of her choice of men.  Nico is a douche.  However, once Matt acted a fool, the pickings were slim.  I don't think she was looking for love, just a harmless fling.  For that reason, I don't think she was too heartbroken over his leaving. It was more that he waited until the day before to cancel out on their plans. She was left with the choice of hanging out alone in St Martin or changing her flight as well.  I'm sure she'll be a little more miffed once she sees the episodes & realizes he lied.

Jen is a constant victim.  I really hope we never have to see her again.

• Love 5

I thought Bri said something either in her THs or general filming that lead me to believe she knew about his situation. It's a small boat, so I have a hard time believing they don't all basically know each other's business. And I have plenty of sympathy for women who get tricked into having relations with a taken dude - it DOES happen - but I don't think that was the case. I think she knew and didn't care. 

I also think she cared more about the "dumping" then she let on. I see her as the type of girl who likes to appear all effortless and cool about things. But when she spoke privately about it, she seemed a bit more hurt. I could be wrong, though. 

• Love 3