Type keyword(s) to search

Floribama Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Candace is easily my favorite. She seems to be the most grounded and least interested in drama. I think Aimee is my least favorite. She is just drama all the time and is obnoxious.  She is trash and makes trashy comments like "boiled peanuts are so good and they taste so good in your mouth.  Even better than a weiner."  Really?  Way to keep it classy, Aimee. I also can't stand how quick she is to push and hit the men in the house.  I can't stand when a woman hits a man. What is the man supposed to do in that situation?  If he defends himself physically, they talk about how a man should never hit a woman and/or how disrespectful he is.  So, the guys stand there and take it.  It's complete crap.  Not a fan of Nilsa, either.  That girl has some real self esteem issues and can't handle not being the center of attention. Kortni? Ugh.  What everyone else has already said is spot on.  She is horrible always being drunk and acting like she is some kind of badass.  Why do all of the girls, except for Candace, have to be so obnoxious?  All four of the guys have had their moments of irritating me, but none are obnoxious and often as those three girls. I get that the producers wanted drama, but I think that they cast people too over the top.  With Jersey Shore, Mike and Snookie were both crazy and over the top, but they also had many moments where they showed a side that you could relate to and enjoy.  Not happening with Aimee, Kortni, or Nilsa, and Cody is venturing more into that territory, as well.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

I noticed they were calling him that during the pre-season PR.  Made me wonder if he changed the pronunciation of his name on purpose for good.  It's stupid.

Dont go down the road of trying to figure those things out. Jersey Shore had the exact same but with putting S on the end of everyone's name. It's just a bit they are doing.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think they call Codi “Code-Eye” because his name ends in the letter “i.”  

I know people have said he reminds them of James Corden, but God help me if he doesn’t remind me of Todd Chrisley, right down to the “must be well dressed” facet.

I love me some “Chrisley Knows Best” bc at least we can quote some of the crazy shit Papa Todd says. With Codi, all he does is make me cringe when he speaks in double negatives (they all do that though).

Jeremiah & Gus have March birthdays. WHY do the housemates keep talking about “summer” when they film in the spring? 

@Maharincess, I had to read your post twice because I initially throught you were comparing Kortni to Ron from “Jersey Shore”, which would be an additional accurate description as well!

I still don’t understand how adults can share a room, sleep in twin beds and are comfortable having sex, all on camera and/or with other people in the room. 

I wonder why there’s no Smush Room at this house?

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

AImee looked really good in the blue wig.  She should try cutting her hair into that style.  Regardless, she's upped her hair and makeup this season.

She really did look good! That cut looked sophisticated on her and brought out her features, and then she opened her mouth.

• Love 5

I can't believe Aimee had to go to the hospital in an ambulance for hangover dehydration. 

My favorite part of the ep was all of them taking a shot in honor of someone in that's in the hospital for excessive drinking.

FFed through Korni nonsense. How'd she break her hand?

Also FFed through the bar/cop confrontation. Surprised Kirk supposedly got arrested. I assumed all the randos who started fights with them are producer plants because there's like 2 per night.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 11:36 AM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I can't believe Aimee had to go to the hospital in an ambulance for hangover dehydration. 

My favorite part of the ep was all of them taking a shot in honor of someone in that's in the hospital for excessive drinking.

FFed through Korni nonsense. How'd she break her hand?

Also FFed through the bar/cop confrontation. Surprised Kirk supposedly got arrested. I assumed all the randos who started fights with them are producer plants because there's like 2 per night.

Kortni punched a wall on the first night back anger over the bed situation. I'm pretty sure they showed a flashback to it as well.

I know that somehow everything reality shows show is thought to be producer manufactured but I don't think it happens as much as proposed. Because they don't have to. The cameras fuel the nonsense. These real world/shore shows have been plagued with harrassment from locals wherever they are filming for decades now. We've seen the fights on screen from this many times. My favorite being real world San Diego where two people got arrested for two different altercations with locals happened unbeknownst to the rest of the cast.

I'm so tired of this rah rah I want to fight nonsense. Just shut up and walk away. Damn. Grow the fuck up already. 

Edited by Racj82
Damn not dan
  • Love 5

Watching some reruns this morning.  I was bored, trying to fight off cold/flu, but this show made me even more bored.  

I don't think there's really any memorable people, they're boring.  True the JS cast went out and drank every night, but they were never this boring.  

Aimee has said she's a mermaid princess, but the real princess is Nilsa.  She thinks she's the most beautiful, desirable woman ever.  Nope.  She's not unattractive, but her personality is foul. 

Aimee, just bugs me.  I get it, you're from some small, teeny tiny town.  She'd said she quit high school or quit before because the school was an hour's ride away.  I had to google it and get driving directions (to get times).  Nah, it wasn't so.  Imagine that.  Then oh we don't have this, or I don't know how to act here (the fancy restaurant during her mermaid day).  No excuse for being that totally ignorant unless you want to be, now with the internet at your fingertips.  I get it's an act, but I don't think it's totally an act.  She's just lazy, and lucked into this gig.  

Kortni - rage/anger plus drinking until blackout - not a good combo.

Codi is just trying way too hard.  I seriously think he's closeted.  He's a big time shit stirrer, but a coward who runs away after the fact.  And who's shooting at these people for him to always say "I'd take a bullet for ya"

The other guys - meh.  Candace does seem the most grounded, but not a great tv character.  

I don't think these people honestly like each other.  Sure, they say oh "I love you to death", "You're my favorite", but I don't think any of them really are great friends.

Drink/argue/hangover/eat.   

This is like a bad season of the Real World.

I'd actually prefer to see reruns of some of the best seasons of the Real World or even Road Rules.

• Love 2

http://www.wjhg.com/content/news/Floribama-cast-member-and-production-company-facing-legal-battle-489185831.html

"Floribama Shore" cast member and production company facing legal battle

PANAMA CITY BEACH, Fla. (WJHG/WECP) - A star as well as the production company behind MTV's "Floribama Shore" is under fire for an alleged battery in May.

According to the Bay County Sheriff's deputies responded to Ms. Newby's Liquors on Panama City Beach on May 16th just after one in the morning.

They say Bay County resident Melissa Bensinger was struck in the face by Floribama Shore cast member Aimee Hall.

Bensinger is filing a civil lawsuit against Hall and the production company behind the show, 495 Productions.

Bensinger's lawyer, Ted Howell, said he believes the production company is just as liable.

Howell stated, "As we allege in the lawsuit and we believe the evidence will show, 495 Productions essentially promoted and facilitated this activity, not to benefit the local public and the local public, in this case, Ms. Bensinger was actually harmed as a result of those activities."

Hall is also facing criminal charges for the alleged battery.

Al Sauline, who is representing Hall for the criminal charges released a statement saying, "Ms. Hall maintains her innocence as she has entered a plea of not guilty at this time. She looks forward to resolving her matter through the normal course of procedure within our local court system."

Bensinger and her lawyer are also filing for an injunction to not show video of the incident saying Bensinger was filmed without her permission and it would create "irreparable harm and embarrassment."

• Love 2
(edited)

Every single one of these snowflakes is deeply troubled, with serious developmental issues.  

Kortni is a junkie well on her way to debilitating addiction...  probably opioids...  and likely homelessness, or at the very least - total dependency.

Codi exhibits perverse tendencies which haven't fully manifested outwardly, but undoubtedly will someday.  He's potentially dangerous to children.  

Candace is a brainwashed victim, lacking sound judgement, and prone to racism and anarchistic violence.

Jeremiah is a weapons-grade narcissist, completely devoid of normal social skills.  (His brother, too.  Their parents sure did a number on them.)

Kirk is an aimless wanderer desperately in need of motivation and direction, but also unpredictable and prone to wild mood swings.

Nilsa was clearly the ugly duckling growing up, resulting in major self-esteem issues, which she's unsuccessfully tried to overcome with plastic surgery and false bravado.

Aimee is ashamed of her upbringing, and wears that shame like a chip on her shoulder, then looks for any minute reason to irrationally react with violence and rage. 

Gus is the least damaged of the lot, but he's overly sensitive, and a follower, lacking self-confidence.  

Edited by Dr. Acula
  • Love 5
On 7/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, hoosier80 said:

Watching some reruns this morning.  I was bored, trying to fight off cold/flu, but this show made me even more bored.  

I don't think there's really any memorable people, they're boring.  True the JS cast went out and drank every night, but they were never this boring.  

I'd actually prefer to see reruns of some of the best seasons of the Real World or even Road Rules.

On Jersey Shore, they would go out and beat up the beat!!

I would love to watch a re-run of Real World.  San Diego (1st one) would be good!

11 minutes ago, Dr. Acula said:

Every single one of these snowflakes is deeply troubled, with serious developmental issues.  

Kortni is a junkie well on her way to debilitating addiction...  probably opioids...  and likely homelessness.

Codi exhibits perverse tendencies which haven't fully manifested outwardly, but undoubtedly will someday.  He's potentially dangerous to children.  

Candace is a brainwashed victim, lacking sound judgement, and prone to racism and anarchistic violence.

Jeremiah is a weapons-grade narcissist, completely devoid of normal social skills.  (His brother, too.  Their parents sure did a number on them.)

Kirk is an aimless wanderer desperately in need of motivation and direction, but also unpredictable and prone to wild mood swings.

Nilah was clearly the ugly duckling growing up, resulting in major self-esteem issues, which she's unsuccessfully tried to overcome with plastic surgery and false bravado.

Aimee is ashamed of her upbringing, and wears that shame like a chip on her shoulder, then looks for any minute reason to irrationally react with violence and rage. 

Gus is the least damaged of the lot, but he's overly sensitive, and a follower, lacking self-confidence.  

Agree with all of your assessments!  Especially Kortni - she is definitely on pills, I can tell by the redness around her eyes.  It is really bad during one of the confessionals.

• Love 1

Against my better judgment watched another show or shows (multiple shows on over the weekend I think).  I cannot stand it when the girls will talk all sorts of shit to the guys, then when the guys say something back (sometimes absolutely saying the truth), one of them will say you cannot speak that way to a woman.  BS.  If you want equal rights, if you dish it out, you should be able to take it (within reason - excluding violence, sexual abuse, intimidation).  

One instance I recall (I think from last year), two of the girls were in the pool.  Guys had made chicken.  Told the two in the pool multiple times to come and get it if they wanted any.  They just stayed in the pool, I think expecting the guys to serve them?  Well it was all eaten, because you snooze, you lose.  Aimee got all up in Kirk's face about eating all of the chicken.  He said we were not going to serve you, we told you it was ready.  Basically, not our problem if you're too lazy to get out of the pool (yes, I think Aimee is lazy - do not like her at all).  Kirk probably overreacted, but I got it.   So freaking entitled.   Then she said oh you can't talk that way to me, you don't speak that way to a woman.  Kirk apologized for being over the top, but he said I stand by being upset - you needed to come and get the food if you wanted it.  

• Love 5
On 7/31/2018 at 6:54 PM, hoosier80 said:

Against my better judgment watched another show or shows (multiple shows on over the weekend I think).  I cannot stand it when the girls will talk all sorts of shit to the guys, then when the guys say something back (sometimes absolutely saying the truth), one of them will say you cannot speak that way to a woman.  BS.  If you want equal rights, if you dish it out, you should be able to take it (within reason - excluding violence, sexual abuse, intimidation).  

One instance I recall (I think from last year), two of the girls were in the pool.  Guys had made chicken.  Told the two in the pool multiple times to come and get it if they wanted any.  They just stayed in the pool, I think expecting the guys to serve them?  Well it was all eaten, because you snooze, you lose.  Aimee got all up in Kirk's face about eating all of the chicken.  He said we were not going to serve you, we told you it was ready.  Basically, not our problem if you're too lazy to get out of the pool (yes, I think Aimee is lazy - do not like her at all).  Kirk probably overreacted, but I got it.   So freaking entitled.   Then she said oh you can't talk that way to me, you don't speak that way to a woman.  Kirk apologized for being over the top, but he said I stand by being upset - you needed to come and get the food if you wanted it.  

And, if I remember this episode correctly (and, why, why do I remember it?  I can't remember stuff I NEED to know!), it was just the first batch of the chicken that was gone.  It wasn't like they ate ALL of it.  It was just round one and they were in the process of making more. 

• Love 1
On 7/31/2018 at 1:52 AM, smores said:

How is it that you get to a position where you are peeing in the console of a cab? Where is the cab driver?  And, how are the police not involved in THIS issue?

That was even more disgusting than Kortni's peeing escapades (imagine the sloshing over bumps and turns, eww), but I do give Nilsa props for being able to keep her balance and aim while squatting in a moving vehicle. In her defense, she did say she had to pee before piling in the cab, but Aimee chose to ignore her. Should've just let her pee outside lol. 

On 7/24/2018 at 6:17 PM, missy jo said:

I think Codi is gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. 

Codi reading Gus' erotica and joking that he had to go run to the bathroom to masturbate certainly did not help this assumption.

Watching him cling to Candace with that pasty, hairy, doughy dad bod was not sexy in the slightest. I can't believe he's going to wear her down with his "charm" aka relentlessness. He so rarely mentions his crush on Candace, it feels like a forced storyline.

And never in my life have I heard anyone refer to a boner as a "ner."  When I hear ner, I think of babies calling bananas "naners." Safe to say that wholesome word association is ruined forever, thanks Kortni.

• Love 1

I'm so tired of candace and this boo thing shit. Is he your man or not? Also, not to jump ahead but why the fuck does she care whether or not the guys want to call her dude that stupid Twitter handle ass name? 

What is Kirk's purpose on the show? Following around Codi all night while he gets no action. Do something. Maybe they edit around it but he adds nothing. Neither does Aimee. You never liked Codi so who cares if he flirted with you to make someone jealous? You shut him down.

Also watching him hook up with girls is gross. Yuck.

Kortni's relationship is set to end any day now. He's a psycho.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Racj82 said:

What is Kirk's purpose on the show? Following around Codi all night while he gets no action. Do something. Maybe they edit around it but he adds nothing. Neither does Aimee. You never liked Codi so who cares if he flirted with you to make someone jealous? You shut him down.

Completely agree about Kirk. I did get a different impression of why Aimee was upset though...I didn't think she was hurt because he flirted with her to make anyone jealous, it was that they would spend a lot of time doing stuff together as friends & she thought it was genuine, not a ploy for him to get into Candance's pants. Codi bothers me. I'm still trying to find even a slight redeeming quality about him. I got nuthin'!

Kortni & Logan seemed high on something (other than pot) when he came over. 

• Love 5

Is it a thing on the Floribama shore to wear a sweatsuit when you party at a bar? Kortni seems to wear a raggedy ass sweatsuit whenever they go out. It's like the opposite of Jersey Shore where they take hours to get ready to go out. These girls (besides Nilsa) seem to be able to literally roll out of bed and into the bar. There has to be a happy medium, Kortni especially looks like such a lazy slob!

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Completely agree about Kirk. I did get a different impression of why Aimee was upset though...I didn't think she was hurt because he flirted with her to make anyone jealous, it was that they would spend a lot of time doing stuff together as friends & she thought it was genuine, not a ploy for him to get into Candance's pants.  

I missed last night's ep (is it on demand? they never replay them, hit show indeed), but this reaffirms my belief that Codi and Aimee are meant to be. They're the same slob with a temper in different bodies! Codi's Candace obsession makes no sense. They'd be a terrible couple. He needs to stay in his league and stop shitting on girls he has a chance with in hair brained adolescent schemes to seduce girls who don't give him the time of day. 

• Love 2

Just watched. Is Kirk Codi's full time beta hype man now? Standing 6 inches away and mugging to the camera while your friend tongues every woman in a 12 foot radius is...strange. And please, I never need to watch Codi "seductively" grind on anyone ever again. It pisses me off that Codi will still win Candace over after all this.

Also did not need to see Gus vomiting aggressively on Candace's feet. Good for her for just rolling with it I guess? Kind of gross arriving at the bar by announcing your toes are covered in someone else's puke.

• Love 5

God...where to begin? First off - in what world does Co-DIE and the roommates think that Candace is in any way in his league? Candace is certainly no great prize in the brains department but...good freaking grief...he is so "punching up" that he's practically shadow boxing the sun. And watching his "seduction" technique (barf) is so beyond painful. Like - is Candace hard of seeing AND hearing? AND brain dead? I'm sure her "boo" (double barf) is no prize...but damn girl - get some pride. The only ones this season who haven't made me want to throw something at my TV screen are Jeremiah and Gus. Jeremiah - so far- has been much more enjoyable and I feel bad he has to slum it with these idiots. And I think Gus has a good heart. That and both of them are aesthetically at a whole other level than the rest of the group. Sounds shallow I know. But if you're going to put a bunch of uggos on TV at least make them enjoyable (read: Jersey Shore first 2 seasons). Ah well - I'll keep hate watching away!

• Love 6

I'm behind and just finished the bikini contest episode. Nilsa was so obnoxious in this one. She didn't look all that great and was a very sore loser. I didn't expect her to look like that after all her talk about how hard she had been working at the gym. I thought she'd be tighter,  you know? And all those tats didn't help her look, either. I thought it was clear that Candace looked better. 

• Love 3

So Codi has become that person that says something and then says oh no I didn't.  This is the 2nd time this season and then the whole thing about the girl last season. He says shit and then turns it and says I didn't say it or didn't say it like that. Dude is more dramatic than the girls. 

And how in the fuck does he always get girls, if he was near me I would want to fucking slice his bitch ass, much less make out with him. And making out with various randoms, ladies please watch this show and know that he made out with 20 girls before you. Yuck

• Love 3

I don't like Candy's "boo-thang" at all. Hopefully, she wises up and finds someone worthy of her amazing self. I love her. 

Codi is and has always been the most sniveling, fake, deceptive, disgusting cast member on this show. He is not someone I love to hate; I wish he wasn't on the show. 

• Love 2
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:43 AM, RealitytvLover said:

Codi is and has always been the most sniveling, fake, deceptive, disgusting cast member on this show.

Yeah, I like him less than Nilsa, and her blond sidekick.  Kortni seems to be just a drunken blob most of the time, so a non-entity.  

Not sure what Codi was saying about Candace, but the replay seemed to show him saying whatever Candace said he said.  Then the blonde says well Cod-eye would never lie to me.  Appears he did honey bun.  

I'm about to switch this episode off because it's boring as hell.  There was a rerun (marathon or mini marathon) of JS season 3.  It was so much more interesting, even though I've seen it before, and it was years ago.  I'd rather watch old JS, Real World, or Road Rules than this show.  Zzzzzz.   Producers are trying so hard to make this show a thing.  Nope, not happening.  It's just because the other shows suck so much that it's still on air.

• Love 1

Man, get the fuck out here. Getting all mad because people don't want to call him by that dumb ass name.

Nilsa and her instigating ass. 

This is the shit they get hyped about nowadays. Like it has been said. Just rerun real world and road rules. I would watch all that shit. Bring back the good times.

• Love 5

Wow, Candace definitely demoted herself as my favorite cast member. I just watched two hours of a grown woman fighting, swearing, and sobbing because no one wanted to call her grown man of a boyfriend by his 18 character AOL username. What a petty, childish asshole. I felt bad for Kortni for once. And it's rude as hell to whine at Kortni that she's your only friend and therefore has to side with you when you have not one but two women specifically waiting to validate your opinion and comfort your self-righteous ass as you babble bullshit about a non-fight for 45 mins. Maybe she does deserve a sniveling douche like Codi. Although Gus and Jer were also acting like 14-year-old girls complaining at the rest of the house for...talking to roommates they're pissed at that night? I didn't know this was Middle School Beach Party.

Gator seemed barely conscious and yet still managed to be a condescending asswipe. The whole "you can have sex with a woman because that's not cheating but fuck you for taking a phone call from a dude" logic is wild. Logan sounded borderline homicidal and possibly high on cocaine on the phone. Korni needs a restraining order ASAP. Her frienship with Jeremiah is surprisingly sweet. Who knew?

• Love 11

Good lord, it is called having fun. Candance cannot take a fucking joke or have any fucking fun with her roommates without jumping down their throats for anything they say (or don't say in Kortni's case) and takes everything the wrong way. Stop acting childish and walking around being all serious. And for the record I wouldn't call her asshole boyfriend Gator Jimmy Cracked Corn mf loser 539. Come off of it. Can she not have a night where she isn't fighting with someone? And Aimee can call him Gator 500 and nothing is wrong with that but the guys are the big bads?

And Kortni didn't want to be in the middle, so fucking what, just like she said she is friends with them all, not just her. My gosh what a petty asshole. And I loved Kortni's response, like who the fuck cares.

Nilsa stfu and quit stirring the pot, Codi Jr. And why does she have to keep saying his fucking stupid Twitter handle over and over. What a kiss up. And why go into the room when Candance got another call again knowing that her dude was pissed. Just say she wasnt there. Fucking shit stirrer.

And Aimee saying Gus and Jeremiah are bitches well hmmm her two besties are too.

The fucking drama just in the house.

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 6

Well Candace dropped a few rungs on my favorites ladder. She has definitely been showing her overreacting drama-loving self this season. I still think she is my favorite but she is right there with Gus. Nah. I think Gus is above her. Kirk is just below that and then Jeremiah.  I absolutely cannot stand Nilsa.  I think she might be my least favorite.  She is a major shit stirrer who lives off drama. She is also way too full of herself. She isn't nearly as hot as she thinks she is and her reaction to losing the bikini contest just completely rubbed me the wrong way. She also looks a lot prettier when she has minimal makeup.  Aimee is a ridiculous wannabe.  At least she seems to have tuned down the "princess goddess mermaid" crap she was spewing last season. Kortney needs rehab like yesterday. I think my main issue with all o the girls is how they will go off on the guys, cuss at them, threaten them, etc. and if the guys ever retaliate in any way, the girls (especially Aimee) go off on  "you can't talk to a woman that way" or whatever.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Her frienship with Jeremiah is surprisingly sweet. Who knew?

Wondering if Jeremiah is still carrying a little Cortni-torch from early Season 1.   IIRC, he was into her immediately but decided they'd fare better as friends.

3 hours ago, Drogo said:

Wondering if Jeremiah is still carrying a little Cortni-torch from early Season 1.   IIRC, he was into her immediately but decided they'd fare better as friends.

If there was ever anyone worried about their brand on a reality show, its Jerimiah.

Not that he doesn't care at all but he loves looking like the smartest person in the room and the shining knight. Kortni just sets him up to look like that all the time. And his family I don't think would ever approve of Kortni so he wouldn't go there.

• Love 2

If I was Nilsa, I would have hung up on that dipshit Logan for talking to me that way. Hell to the No. 

Idk if I find much of the cast very likable, except maybe Kortni (who is just such a freaking hilarious shit-show that I can't bring myself to dislike her). I guess I still like Gus, but I feel like he also has been trying to start unnecessary arguments this season, and especially the last few episodes.  Candace lost me last season when she was all condescending and nasty towards someone just because they were a Wiccan.  That being said, I still love this trainwreck of a show!

• Love 1

I know I’m pretty far behind but moving the suitcases was pretty fucked up. I cant stand Codi. There’s something wrong with him. 

Anybody notice Kirk’s face? Why is it so swollen on the side? 

I can’t listen to “chi chi’s up” all the damn time. I hate it! Why!???! Why do they keep saying that???? Why??????? Makes me want to slit my own throat.

• Love 5

I feel terrible for Gus. Poor kid wants to have a good time but he feels so guilty because of religion. He even said he doesn’t really even know why he feels guilty. Brain-washing at its best. 

• Love 4