Type keyword(s) to search

Floribama Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I love Gus.

Candance is alright, except for the whole anti-Wiccan thing.

Kortni seems sweet and a fun kind of crazy.

The rest are annoying bordering on terrible, but damn if they weren't fun to watch.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Zima said:

I love Gus.

I do too!! While most of them had their irritating points, I actually liked all of them (but Gus was definitely the least offensive IMO). I think the only person I actively disliked, was Jeremiah's brother. 

The crawfish prank on Candace was LOL. I love how you could see her getting frustrated that they would imply she never does dishes - "Well then, SHOW US!!". 

• Love 1

I usually enjoy Aimee, but I'm tired of women who feel free to hit and shove men.  Aimee put her hands on Kirk and Gus.  She did a pretty good job of beating the shit out of Gus.  Yet the next day she doesn't bother to even apologize, followed by her mocking THs of Gus's peacemaking.  At this point, I'm uncomfortable with her remaining on the cast.  I appreciated her apologizing to Kirk, but she forced him to make the first move, and even taunting him in front of his parents.  They've all been violent in clubs, except Jeremiah, who I noticed was conspicuously absent during the latest fight.

I don't want to ever see that moron Josh again.  His constant eyerolling of Nilsa, when he is in HER house trying to make her uncomfortable.  Then to force a hug on her when he knew she would not want it.  He's just revolting.  And the amusing part is, Jeremiah broke down in tears about how important it is for him to be a good role model to Josh.  I believe he believes it, but his brother is just a pig, and I'm sure he's participated in his share of barroom brawls.  And I get the impression that Jeremiah just isn't the type to get that shot of testosterone when there's a fight.  It's just not in his personality, and doesn't mean he's particularly wimpy.  Josh has such a loud, dominant personality that I wonder if he dominated or even browbeat Jeremiah as he was growing up.  Jeremiah seems like he's over compensating, and it's interesting that he's so much more relaxed with he's flirting with the moms - and I did love him with Candace's mom.  I think behind the muscled, confident façade he's actually insecure. 

• Love 3

I liked the parents better than the cast!  I would like to see them all live together in the beach house for a summer.

Courtni (sp?) turned out to be a disappointment.  She started out strong in the first episode ~ passing out drunk and pissing other people's bed ~ then we barely saw her for the remainder of the episodes.

What was the point of their beach job?  It was only featured once or twice for less than 10 min total.

Josh "the barrel chested freedom fighter" is a d-bag.  I'm sticking with my theory that him dumping Nilsa last week was a big set up.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AirQuotes said:

Courtni (sp?) turned out to be a disappointment.  She started out strong in the first episode ~ passing out drunk and pissing other people's bed ~ then we barely saw her for the remainder of the episodes.

Right?!  I honestly said to myself on this episode when she finally came on “Oh yeah, I forgot she was a cast member.”  I really did not think she’d turn out to be so calm when the first episodes aired.  I will say her happy face when she came out of the bar and realized a fight was happening with her roommates and the regular bar patrons and she could jump in was one of my most favorite memories from this season.  She was almost glowing as she started swinging.

• Love 3
On 1/8/2018 at 5:42 AM, RedheadZombie said:

I really liked Kirk in the beginning, but he seems to have anger and/or alcohol issues.  He claims he's closest to Aimee in the house, but they have had multiple altercations now.   And he was grinding on a girl who looked to be well into her second trimester.

I hate to say it but when I saw him grinding on that girl my first thought was that she looked a lot like Aimee.  

• Love 2

Why do I have a feeling that Josh will be added as a cast member next season? They're doing more than double the amount of episodes as season 1, so at the very least I imagine we'll be seeing a lot of him. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I usually enjoy Aimee, but I'm tired of women who feel free to hit and shove men.  Aimee put her hands on Kirk and Gus.  She did a pretty good job of beating the shit out of Gus.  Yet the next day she doesn't bother to even apologize, followed by her mocking THs of Gus's peacemaking.  At this point, I'm uncomfortable with her remaining on the cast.  I appreciated her apologizing to Kirk, but she forced him to make the first move, and even taunting him in front of his parents.  They've all been violent in clubs, except Jeremiah, who I noticed was conspicuously absent during the latest fight.

As Candace says, "aww Jeremiah he's homeschooled."

• Love 3

Is there going to be a season 2?  I like it, but I was kind of hoping it would get canned just because of people like Nilsa, thinking she's going to become the next Snooki.  Her ego is big enough not famous.  

I can't handle Nilsa and Aimee bitching 24/7 about the guys treating women like crap while they have free reign to yell whatever they want to the guys and push them, hit them, etc.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Is there going to be a season 2?  I like it, but I was kind of hoping it would get canned just because of people like Nilsa, thinking she's going to become the next Snooki.  Her ego is big enough not famous.  

I can't handle Nilsa and Aimee bitching 24/7 about the guys treating women like crap while they have free reign to yell whatever they want to the guys and push them, hit them, etc.  

Yes, they got picked up, but MTV is totally bottom feeding right now because they also picked up Siesta Key for a second season, and 90% of the girls on Teen Mom have their AARP cards. 

This season already proved they aren't the next "big thing", and probably won't be getting any significant raises, so at least there's that. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yes, they got picked up, but MTV is totally bottom feeding right now because they also picked up Siesta Key for a second season, and 90% of the girls on Teen Mom have their AARP cards. 

This season already proved they aren't the next "big thing", and probably won't be getting any significant raises, so at least there's that. 

Heh.  I'll take it.  I'm sure for some cast members, having all those rabid fans ooh and awing at each Instagram photo posted is enough to get the ego up.  

Off topic, but I really wish they'd cancel the Teen Moms.  Only because I want to see someone of them survive on a normal persons budget.  I'm just angry these betches spread 'em at 16 and are now rich for it.

• Love 5

I only watched this show because I was bored and wanted a laugh and I ended up watching the entire season in one week while I packed my house to sell.

The people I thought were going to be the train wrecks ended up being the least crazy towards the end. I seriously thought Kortni was going to entertain us with tons of drunken shenanigans throughout but her energy fizzled out by episode 3. 

I don’t like how Nilsa had a claim on two of the most attractive guys in the house and got all immature when Jeremiah asked Kortni on that weird #notadate.

At first I thought Aimee was so adorable and sweet but as the episodes went on she jumped into my shit list bucket where Nilsa was hanging out. I don’t like it when women cuss and yell into men’s faces but cry “you don’t talk to a woman like that” when the guys defend themselves. I most certainly don’t think it’s fair that Aimee physically assaulted Kirk and everyone was basically telling Kirk to calm down and apologize. Wtf???

If that shit was reversed Kirk would be scrutinized, arrested or attacked by the men of the house if he’d be the one to push Aimee. I don’t like the double standards. She hurt Kirk and she should have been the one to apologize. FFS.

Aimee and Nilsa spent the entire summer living in a world of double standards and hypocrisy. They did nothing but harass, bully and hurt the feelings of the male cast members but cried “don’t treat women like that” when the men defended themselves.

In that cab ride Aimee was the one to say she wouldn’t have sex with any of the men in the house and that she wasn’t attracted to them, but that was ok, when the men said the exact same thing everyone went on a “she doesn’t deserve to be told she’s not good enough” so they gave her a special mermaid day...fuckin forget that Kirk and Codi’s Feelings were hurt when she said the same to them, and she started that whole BS.

Also part of their hypocrisy was their “you don’t disrespect women” but the girls were quick to disrespect Kayla Jo and any other women they decided to talk to at the bars. Fuck that! Where was the sisterhood when Nilsa and Kortni ganged up on Kayla Jo?

Josh was a douche bag...he’s creepy looking. I don’t care how pumped up they look, those two Freedom Fighters are compensating for something with all of that muscle...some crazy is buried under the rug with those two brothers.

And holy fucking emotions. The men of he house were more feminine than the ladies (nothing wrong with that) I’ve never seen so many men on one show so open with their emotions and feeling self aware and able to cry on television...again, nothing wrong with that it’s just different from what I’m use to seeing on these shows.

Even though I can’t stand it when people go on and on about their ex to a potential new mate, but Josh really overreacted over Nilsa mentioning her drunken phone calls.

Methinks that Jeremiah told Josh about how Nilsa kept cock blocking him with Kayla Jo and with her friend Katrina and wanted revenge so Josh thought to himself “I don’t see this going anywhere past a quick hookup so let me help my brother out and get revenge on this girl!”

They wanted to embarrass her and cock block. No sympathy from me...Nilsa deserved it after all of her shit stirring. I’m over the idea that the women can do as they please and the men have to always respect them. I’m a female and proud feminist...women are working too hard to get the respect that they deserve but we also need to give respect in return.

Woah! I wrote too much.

P.S. Kortni is going to regret that peeing on someone’s bed scene and the beach scene where she went nutzo. She can pretend that it doesn’t bother her but that shit will haunt her when she starts looking for a career where background investigations are part of the hiring process or to be respected...these fools don’t understand that they gave away privacy for some 15 minutes of fame and quick cash. I’m not jealous one bit.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 5
On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:19 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The Floribama Shore cast discusses S2:

I plan on watching season two, but if I wasn't this would not have inspired me.  They seem much dumber than I remember.

The host is incapable of staying still, but I guess his constant nose wiping may explain it.

8 hours ago, toodywoody said:

Where is the other girl.  I can't think of any if their names right now,  but I don't see her in the previews.

Which one? The one that pees everywhere?

I guess this will have to fill in since I quit Big Brother & The Challenge and am waiting for Bachelor in Paradise to start. 

Does Kirk dip constantly? Or, did he just have his wisdom teeth out? He looked like a chipmunk, so king away nuts for the winter. 

Aimee cleaned up a bit and now looks like she goes to the salon on the regular. Nilsa still has her makeup gun set to stun. Kortni looks unclean and her teeth are so yellow. Also, hello crazy.

I hate Codi. He's such a whiny shit stirrer. I found myself sliding with Jeremiah! Still like Gus, but teaming up with Codi on the "prank" was lame. Candace remains my fave. Please don't do something stupid (like hook up with Codi) and fall off that pedestal, girl. 

• Love 3

So many questions.  I'm in PCB right now (though on the other end from this shitshow), so we watched this afternoon to catch up and then watched the episode tonight (because MTV is spamming the beach with flyover ads).  Is Codi gay?  Is Aimee 35 or does she just look it?  Are all of these folks (apart from Nilsa who mentioned she was early 20s) in their 30s?

• Love 1
On 7/10/2018 at 1:22 AM, Adultosaurus said:

So many questions.  I'm in PCB right now (though on the other end from this shitshow), so we watched this afternoon to catch up and then watched the episode tonight (because MTV is spamming the beach with flyover ads).  Is Codi gay?  Is Aimee 35 or does she just look it?  Are all of these folks (apart from Nilsa who mentioned she was early 20s) in their 30s?

I believe they're all not only under 30 but early-mid 20s ...Korni had just turned 21 last summer, Nilsa is 23, Aimee is 24/25, and all the guys are around 25, which I think is the oldest age in the house. Aimee I especially remember for being 24 and reminding us on loop that she had just gotten out of a "10 year relationship" which makes her sound like a 35-year-old divorcee, but really it was a Catelynn and Tyler situation where townies just never break up their middle school boyfriends/girlfriends out of convenience or lack of options. Sunbeds, heavy drinking of hard liquor, smoking, and in Kirk's case it looks like chewing tobacco, can really age the hell out of you.

Codi isn't gay, just vain and metro. Last season I kept waiting for him to hook up with Aimee because there seemed to be a little sexual tension and they look like gender-flipped versions of the same rode-hard person lol, but their fights were so bitter and nasty. He and Kirk play up the mischievous middle school boy persona when they want to be cute, but they really seem like undercover assholes with anger issues, especially when drinking. I don't know where this sudden Candace infatuation came from, because I hardly remember them interacting last season (at least Gus and Nilsa have unrequited "history"), but I hope she doesn't go there because she's WAY too good for him! She's the most well-adjusted and prettiest in the house imo. She doesn't need his trainwreck ass, although I guess it's all relative if she's actually dating a violent felon.

Stay classy, Korti! Although I give her props for being able to somehow fold her butt over her head because I don't get how anyone over the age of 3 can hold that position. I guess it makes sense with the lack of potty training. Bf feels staged. I hope the season teaser wasn't hinting at romance between her and Jeremiah. Unpopular opinion and I know he's kind of self-righteous but I think he's adorable and also just trying to be a good guy.

I don't get how you can be blackout drunk before leaving the house and then hit up bars for hours, but I guess that's where puking/peeing happens. How do you even stand?!

Nilsa is...Nilsa.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Codi isn't gay, just vain and metro

Yeah, Codi doesn't like dick, he just IS a dick. :-)

On 7/9/2018 at 8:43 PM, snarts said:

Kortni looks unclean and her teeth are so yellow. Also, hello crazy.

Agreed, and I still think she looks like a female Corey Feldman. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Yeah, Codi doesn't like dick, he just IS a dick. :-)

Yes! That's who she looks like! Give her a fedora!

• Love 4

The preview of season looks messy but it might just be the editing either way I am in - and I am totally ashamed of myself. No self control at all - wish my dvr didn't record so I could save myself!!

• Love 2
(edited)

Yay, I love this show. It is such a mess, and so fun to watch! I'm I would never want to humiliate myself on TV, but I'm glad someone's willing to do it!

Edited by Zima
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Thank you for that.  My months-long wondering is complete now.  Poor thing is lucky she tall and thin because I find her kind of homely.  During one of the preview commercials, they showed her doing a confessional drunk with some costume on.  It had a head piece that pulled all her hair up so you just see her face and it was the most unflattering look ever.  She was acting sloppy in the van and while her boyfriend was being douchey, I'd be annoyed at that too.  Still didn't give him right to talk to her like that.

Unfortunately now, it looks like "Chi-Chi's Up!" is here to stay.  WHYYYY???

Nilsa do you measure the distance between your inner brow edge?  They are like perfectly squared off on the inside with a space just so between them.  She needs a nice brow powder, not a sharpie. 

• Love 5
On 7/12/2018 at 7:51 AM, ShaNaeNae said:

Unfortunately now, it looks like "Chi-Chi's Up!" is here to stay.  WHYYYY???

Why do they think this is "a thing" when Floribama Shore itself isn't a thing? Didn't MTV basically give it a second season because they didn't have anything else lined up & the cast is still cheap? Get drunk, cause drama, have fun, collect your little checks, and SEE YA later! 

BTW, Gus sounds like the "No Ragrets" guy from "We're the Millers". Nah I'm sayin'? 

main-qimg-d1654347d97520400a9e0c6bd5ab5bd3-c.jpg.4e3047f7c0d287c571f73dda7132df33.jpg

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Why do they think this is "a thing" when Floribama Shore itself isn't a thing? Didn't MTV basically give it a second season because they didn't have anything else lined up & the cast is still cheap? Get drunk, cause drama, have fun, collect your little checks, and SEE YA later! 

BTW, Gus sounds like the "No Ragrets" guy from "We're the Millers". Nah I'm sayin'? 

main-qimg-d1654347d97520400a9e0c6bd5ab5bd3-c.jpg.4e3047f7c0d287c571f73dda7132df33.jpg

BYE that looks like Kortni in drag.

They must be hungry for cash, but I wonder what kind of jobs they work in the off season where you can quit for half the summer and then come back after being on national TV too wasted to stand, having sex, physically assaulting both strangers and your "friends," and peeing in any available receptacle.

• Love 4
On 7/13/2018 at 2:12 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

BYE that looks like Kortni in drag.

They must be hungry for cash, but I wonder what kind of jobs they work in the off season where you can quit for half the summer and then come back after being on national TV too wasted to stand, having sex, physically assaulting both strangers and your "friends," and peeing in any available receptacle.

A popcorn stand at the mall.  That's where Kortni said she was working when she met her boyfriend. 

I don't think any of them have careers. Gus mentioned attending Florida State after last season.  Are any of the others in school?

• Love 2
On 7/14/2018 at 7:03 PM, snarts said:

A popcorn stand at the mall.  That's where Kortni said she was working when she met her boyfriend. 

I don't think any of them have careers. Gus mentioned attending Florida State after last season.  Are any of the others in school?

Well I do know that Candice is a part of afterbuzz. Afterbuzz hosts videos that go on YouTube and podcasts that cover various tv shows and movies. It gives those people hosting experience. She works with them. Several of people that have worked their get media work and hosting gigs all over. 

People can keep saying Codi isn't gay. Doesn't mean he isn't. Nothing involving him and women seems right at all. Him being sexual with woman, even kissing is laughable.

• Love 7

Holy shit, I can't stand Kortni. I hate drunk women like her who think they're so damn tough that they threaten to kick everyone's ass and expects them to be scared.  She reminds me of Fightin' Ron from the old Mad TV show. If you've never seen it, look it up, it's hilarious and he is so Kortni. 

I just hate being around drunks so much.  I would take a room full of pot heads instead of being around one drunk. 

This would be a lot better if they'd left Kortni off this season. 

• Love 5

I agree. It's been a while, but if IIRC, drunks like Kortni are not fun to go out with at all! You feel like you've got to babysit and can't enjoy yourself.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Holy shit, I can't stand Kortni. I hate drunk women like her who think they're so damn tough that they threaten to kick everyone's ass and expects them to be scared.  She reminds me of Fightin' Ron from the old Mad TV show. If you've never seen it, look it up, it's hilarious and he is so Kortni. 

I just hate being around drunks so much.  I would take a room full of pot heads instead of being around one drunk. 

This would be a lot better if they'd left Kortni off this season. 

I don't hate Kortni by any means, but every person has shown a sweet and/or vulnerable side but her.   She is so extremely messy that she often makes me uncomfortable.

(edited)
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't hate Kortni by any means, but every person has shown a sweet and/or vulnerable side but her.   She is so extremely messy that she often makes me uncomfortable.

Yeah, you see what you get with her lol. She's just an alcoholic hillbilly with anger issues and a violent temper.

Codi annoys the shit out of me too. I fast forward through all of his stupid pranks because they've taken up half of each ep so far with 15 mins of screaming and cussing over pranks that 10-year-olds would laugh at. And his on-going "beef" with Jeremiah is a snoozefest. "You tell me what to do, you're not my dad!" "Oh yeah? Well I don't like that you don't listen to me!" It's somewhere between watching PTA moms argue and two seven-year-olds in a slap fight.

Gus is only 22??? I loved the teeny tank broversation about "if you puckered back it means you like her!" wtf is with that phrasing? "Puckering back"? It's definitely "kiss back" right?

Boiled peanuts look absolutely disgusting.

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Why are some of them pronouncing Cody's name "code-eye"? That's just weird. 

I noticed they were calling him that during the pre-season PR.  Made me wonder if he changed the pronunciation of his name on purpose for good.  It's stupid.