Type keyword(s) to search

Floribama Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

http://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2017/11/05/meet-the-new-cast-of-floribama-shore-watch-the-first-trailer/

MTV describes ‘Floribama Shore’ as the story of these young adults as they party it up on Panama City Beach and “put the real world on hold for just a little bit longer,” which is code for “these eight people are willing to let us film them acting a fool in exchange for a small profit and the hope of landing a social media sponsorship or two.”

In the series premiere of this 'Jersey Shore' type reality show, eight young southerners come together for the summer to look for love, some extra money and a family of friends that will last a lifetime.

The gang get friendly with each other and some of the Panama City Beach locals. When one young woman tries to infiltrate their group, the ladies of the house start a turf war.

I went against my better angels to watch this, and it looks like I'm the only one.  I never watched Jersey Shore, but this was somewhat entertaining.  It took me a half an hour to develop a dislike, so that's not bad.

Nilsa - Liked her until I didn't.  She looks like Kalani from Dance Moms without makeup, but Kylie Jenner, post-morph into Kim, with makeup.

Kortni - She seems like a Manson Family member.  She's just waiting for Charlie to tell her who to kill next, and what to write in their blood.  I'm having a flashback to the late '70s pictures of my older female cousins.  They looked exactly like her.  She's great when she's sober, although that rarely happens.  Already drinking until you blackout - before the night starts - is not a good look.  She also needs to stop peeing everywhere.  She peed in a garbage can on a public beach!  Why not pee in the ocean like civilized folk.

Aimee - She's cute in a Jemmye from The Challenge way.  I'm pleasantly surprised they cast a girl who's larger than a size eight and lacking an enormous pair of implants.  

Candace - She should have forced Kortni to take the urine drenched bed.  Seems the most mature and the voice of reason.

The guys are okay so far, but Jeremiah quickly dropped to my least liked.

Why do these fools says "wife up" when they mean hook up?  Sounds like they want to bring a girl home to fold their laundry and scrub the toilet.

Kortni and Nilsa have clearly known each other ten minutes longer than the rest.

• Love 3

I'll admit, I watched...and I love it.  

Aimee might be my favorite, followed closely by Candace if she stops saying "bruh".  Nilsa is just way too full of herself, she's really not that cute or interesting.  Kortni is just a hot mess, yet in a way that's fun to watch.

Jeremiah's treatment of women will be his downfall.  He's pretty but just no.  Gus has an interesting backstory.  I was enjoying Cory until his drunken tirade on Nilsa (while deserved, he went too far over something that truly was none of his business).  Feel like we didn't learn much about Kirk.  

I wonder how their rooms were chosen?  I feel as if they were assigned, which is interesting.

• Love 2

I watched.  And set it to the record the whole damn season.  I'm in.

Before starting, I get secondhand embarrassment watching Nilsa and whoever else do their little "chi chi's up!" every time they go out. Just quit. Stop trying to make catch phrases popular like the Jersey Shore kids did.  You KNOW these guys are thinking this is the gateway to being rich and famous.  

Nilsa I'm over.  She's a pretty girl but she's not as hot as she thinks she is.  Her eyebrows are a hot mess.  Maybe if she stopped being a bitch to others for no reason and acted civilized (spreading your legs while saying your body would be fun for sex is not a good look), more guys would give her a chance.  Makes me wonder the whole story of her husband coming off deployment and cheating.  What was she doing while he was deployed?  Also, I can't wait for her to be 30.

Kortni (ugh, the spelling) is hot mess #2.  Poor girl thinks it's cute to get drunk as shit every day.  She seemed nice while sober.  She also is a complete butterface.  Mr. ShaNaeNae said she looks like Corey Feldman.  

Aimee I like.  She's got some curves and I always appreciate those on TV.  She takes no bull, but isn't a drama queen (yet).  

Jeremiah.  Ugh.  He's got to be the Mike "Situation" Sorrentino of the group.  He needs to chill a little and be more respectful, especially to women.

Gus, don't have a strong opinion yet.  I don't know if I could date a guy whose hair is taller than his face long.

The rest, no opinion.  Seems kind of odd they'd throw a local in there.  I don't think they had a local on JS.

• Love 6

I watched this mostly because I lived in Panama City Beach for 12 years and liked spotting the local places and figuring out where they lived (very close to a friend of mine--I should ask him if he ever ran into those yahoos on the beach, although it might be hard to distinguish them from the usual crowd).  It didn't help that I had a hell of a time trying to tell Kortni and Nilsa apart; my mom and I kept trying to separate "the pee-er" from "the other one".  We were also hoping the people who rented the house got a HUGE security deposit, as I'm sure the cleaning process when they left was extensive and may have involved remodeling.  

Do the females work?  We saw the males at least try to be beach boys, but I wonder what (if anything) the women (and I use that word in terms of chronological age only for two or three of the four, not behavior) do.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Fosca said:

Do the females work?  We saw the males at least try to be beach boys, but I wonder what (if anything) the women (and I use that word in terms of chronological age only for two or three of the four, not behavior) do.

While they didn't show the ladies working outside of the orientation meeting, I do believe they work.  One of the nights they went out Nilsa made a comment that Kortni was probably going to be too drunk to go to work the next day.  The next day they showed all the men at work and none of the ladies.  I don't know if Kortni was supposed to be there and didn't sober up enough to go in or if they've split the work schedule so guys are on one shift and the ladies on another.  On the old Jersey Shore, they went to work in groups of 2 or 3 so I am assuming it'll be the same here instead of everyone going to work at the same time.  

Nilsa is just awful.  I liked her in the very beginning but then she got way too full of herself and desperate and insecure all at the same time.  She's also a crappy friend.  She didn't care if she stole Jeremiah away from Kortni but then wanted Kortni to be her bulldog when Jeremiah's girl did the hand-eye thing.  She shows no loyalty to her friends.

Kortni I think is very sheltered and it's sad to see her drink herself into an oblivion every day.  I have hopes that she'll grow up some...kind of like Snookie on Jersey Shore.  She will always be too crazy for my tastes but at least she admitted she was wrong in her behavior towards Jeremiah's girl and tried to make amends towards her and Jeremiah.  

Aimee, I like her but I also hate her "in the south we" and "as southerners" spiel.  That is one of my pet peeves because those comments always seem to precede a very generic comment that everyone the world over does.

Gus, I like him okay but he started to really bother me when he was talking about how he had spent $150 on dinner as though Nilsa owed him something because of it.  She doesn't.  It was his decision to splurge on a girl he just met who he wasn't really sure even liked him.  Maybe this will help him slow down when it comes to "wife-ing up" some girl he just met.  I also don't believe he really wants to get married.  I think he just wants a sure thing.  There's a difference.

Jeremiah, he needs to cool it with his attitude and be more respectful to women.  I can't help but wonder what his family situation is like if this is how he behaves considering he admitted to being sheltered and home schooled.  He's very my way or else and that's not something I would tolerate.  I'd probably purposefully do everything he hates due to his behavior.  It's even more troubling that he doesn't even acknowledge or realize its a problem.  I'm guessing if the men bring it up to him he might be more receptive to the message.

The rest of them seem pretty cool and I like them.  I'm blanking on their names but, in this case, it's a good thing because it means you didn't annoy the crap out of me.  

Edited by Peper81
  • Love 3

This seemed more like the Real World than the Jersey Shore. What I don’t like about the Real World is that they always have their two alpha guys (who are predestined to be best buds) and then they have everyone else. (I haven’t watched the Real World in years so maybe it’s changed.) On the Jersey Shore, all of the guys were similar in personality and looks so it didn’t seem like a set up by the producers for any two guys to be best friends. On Floribama Shore, I guess Jeremiah and Gus are the two alpha guys and are supposed to be buddies.

Jeremiah’s nasty attitude towards women came out really quick and now I can’t stand him. Gus, hid whatever issues he has a little bit better, but I won’t be surprised if his attitude turns ugly very quickly. I felt bad for Nilsa when she shared what she had gone through in her life, but her cold attitude on the date with Gus and her chasing after Jeremiah made me dislike her.

The girl who peed the bed and in the trash can on the beach was disgusting. I hope that Candace got a new mattress. There’s no way I would’ve slept on that mattress and I probably would’ve gone to Target and gotten new sheets. Not even kidding. It was hilarious when someone said that they needed to get her a litter box.

The date between Jeremiah and Pee-girl (can’t remember her name) seemed like such a producer set-up. I just don’t believe that stick-in-the-mud Jeremiah found her wild and drunken ways attractive.

Anyway, I’ll probably keep watching this, but I hope it gets better. The best part of the show, as far as I’m concerned, was the commercial announcing that the Jersey Shore is coming back. Now that I’m excited for! lol

• Love 2

Eh, I would have just switched mattresses with Pee-girl (who would never notice) and wash the sheets in bleach (or switch those too); of course, I'd probably be sleeping on a balcony rather than share a walk-in closet-sized room with a perpetually-drunken person.  And Pee-girl definitely should have peed in the Gulf instead of a trash can; by summer the water's plenty warm enough even for Southerners.  

I've never watched Jersey Shore, but it definitely reminds me of The Real World episodes I watched (I only watched sporadically, when I liked the destination city--I think the last one I watched was Key West in 2006).  Complete with provided job, although "beach boy" is a lot less ambitious than most of the Real World jobs.

That kitchen is hideous.

I don't know if it's possible for a spin off to capture the magic of Jersey Shore. No producer/audience could predict that Snooki would get punched in the face, that GTL and grenades would become a thing, that Ronnie and Sammi would have that tumultuous of a relationship, etc. etc. 

The four normalish people are so much more interesting and watchable than the two Ken dolls and two loud women. 

• Love 6

Watching this now because I'm really bored.  It does seem more like the Real World than Jersey Shore.  

Jersey Shore seemed more natural or organic.  They had the whole tanning thing (all of them), gym for the guys and Mike really started calling it GTL (he did seem to be a stickler for having clean clothes and looking good).  I think Mike was the most focused on making a name for himself than the others (season 1 at least).  Jersey was sort of a spin off of a Real Life (I've got a house at the Jersey Shore or something like that).  I doubt they thought it'd be more than a one off show because the original was just a one and done.  The Jersey Shore house was also less updated, less polished.  It was more realistic of what some 20 somethings could afford at the shore.

Didn't we already see something similar with that other show on the country channel - Party Down South?  

Why don't they use a group that are friends already?  It'd be interesting to see the real friend dynamics played out in a different locale.  Maybe give each one separate jobs so they'd have to interact with others outside of their little group so it wouldn't get stale.  

Not really a fan.  I may keep watching to see if it becomes more interesting or entertaining.  Jersey was interesting from the first episode, although some series are interesting in episode one and go downhill (looking at you Bad Girls - Ripsi was the most unexpected reality tv I think ever).

• Love 2

Nothing can compare to Ripsi.  Party Down South started out fun but that didn't last long. 

I really want to like this show but the girl peeing everywhere is already old.  The (other girl's!) bed was bad enough but the trash can on the sand?  GTFO  The ocean is full of pee, use it.  Maybe she is beef'n with toilets from back in the day.  That guy cracked me up saying that.  The two meatheads aren't worth mentioning but my bet for the biggest douche by the end is the guy that pops his collar. 

I don't need to hear "bruh" from any of them anymore though.  

Edited by MissMel
  • Love 4

I'm bored and I liked Jersey Shore.... so I'm going to watch this. I like all the little ways they are making it like JS. I don't mind any of the people yet except the alcoholic Kortini (or however she spells it).  She brings some drama.

How do I subscribe to this forum??? I can't seem to figure it out- isn't there a button or something near the top if you want to follow it? Halp!!!!

10 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I'm bored and I liked Jersey Shore.... so I'm going to watch this. I like all the little ways they are making it like JS. I don't mind any of the people yet except the alcoholic Kortini (or however she spells it).  She brings some drama.

How do I subscribe to this forum??? I can't seem to figure it out- isn't there a button or something near the top if you want to follow it? Halp!!!!

“Add to your customized homepage” near the top. 

Wasn't that Aimee? Aimee & Nilsa are both quick to talk tough, then immediately do a 180 & sweetly say, "who me?!".

Gus has a strange way of talking...it's like he has to wrap his entire mouth around the letter "L" or something. I can't quite explain it.

Yes you age obsessed children, the crazy drunk lady was definitely older than you guys, but she was also a crystal ball into your futures...especially Kortni's. (Kortney...Court-Knee?). 

• Love 6

Whoops--I did mean bleach-blonde girl.  I suck with names AND faces too, apparently.

Yeah, the whining about how the 30-year-old was just ancient and somehow sexually worn-out, complete with crotch-slapping, got old fast (if you'll pardon the expression!).

Edited by Fosca
  • Love 6

Nilsa looks like a completely different person without makeup. Much prettier too, IMO.

Candace's home schooled comment about Jeremiah had me on the floor, as did her frustration with getting her hair caught in the door.  She might be edging out Aimee as my favorite.

• Love 8

Aimee, what a princess.  She wants people to bring shit to her?  Is she unable to move her body?  And then when the men call her on it, Aimee's like, "You can't talk to ME like that."  

Nilsa just needs to go back to her ex, though I agreed with her to not take drinks from strangers.  And that guy in the bar was creepy.  I thick the locals reacted to the cameras, kind of like what happens in The Bad Girls Club.  

What did Aimee cook?  Yuk.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 6

That dude Cody (?) looks like James Cordon. Only less attractive. Kortney and Kayla were both beaten about the head by an ugly stick. Nilsa is hella deluded about her allure. Candace seems like a good egg. Aimee needs sunscreen and a deep conditioner. Jeremiah and Gus are both tools. And Kirk may as well be wallpaper.

eta: Gus actually looks like a George Michael troll doll

Edited by Tipsymcstagger
It occurred to me
  • Love 4
On 12/7/2017 at 11:13 AM, Fosca said:

Why yes,[sic] you are EXACTLY what rich men are looking for in a trophy wife.

The delusion is strong with this one.

LoL!

You know, I thought I would hate the two bro guys, but I actually like them. I cannot stand Nilsa, and Aimee is seriously delusional.  They are so quick to say that men are being disrespectful to them, when they are just arguing like they would with anyone else. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Zima said:

LoL!

You know, I thought I would hate the two bro guys, but I actually like them. I cannot stand Nilsa, and Aimee is seriously delusional.  They are so quick to say that men are being disrespectful to them, when they are just arguing like they would with anyone else. 

So, Gus is pretty hot.  I wasn't totally sold on him at first, but he is.  And he seems very needy and clingy, but he's hot enough that I would not kick him out of bed.

• Love 5

Nilsa is obsessed with Kayla Jo. Obsessed. She is always talking about her, always finding random ways to bring her up, always staring at her and Jeremiah and barging in on them. It's fucking scary. Barnacle? Jeremiah invited her, bitch! You can tell that Jeremiah cannot stand Nilsa which is funny because she is clearly so hung up on him and is butthurt that she failed miserably in her desperate quest to get him. I wonder what goes through her head as she's watching this back. No one should ever be this pathetic on national tv.  How many times has she used her divorce as an excuse for acting like a jackass?

Hey Nilsa, how about you treat other women the way that you were yelling at Jeremiah to treat them? She acts like a ratchet, two-faced THOT who talks all kinds of shit about a girl she doesn't even know, then demands to be treated like some delicate Southern belle when called out. Ridiculous. Aimee, you can't accuse other people of being "so freaking sensitive." You almost lost your mind over the possibility of wrinkles. And no, you aren't pretty.

House favorite is probably always going to be Candace, followed by Kortni. There is something endearing about Kortni's crazy ass.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, LilaFowler said:

Nilsa is obsessed with Kayla Jo. Obsessed. She is always talking about her, always finding random ways to bring her up, always staring at her and Jeremiah and barging in on them. It's fucking scary. Barnacle? Jeremiah invited her, bitch! You can tell that Jeremiah cannot stand Nilsa which is funny because she is clearly so hung up on him and is butthurt that she failed miserably in her desperate quest to get him. I wonder what goes through her head as she's watching this back. No one should ever be this pathetic on national tv.  How many times has she used her divorce as an excuse for acting like a jackass?

Hey Nilsa, how about you treat other women the way that you were yelling at Jeremiah to treat them? She acts like a ratchet, two-faced THOT who talks all kinds of shit about a girl she doesn't even know, then demands to be treated like some delicate Southern belle when called out. Ridiculous. Aimee, you can't accuse other people of being "so freaking sensitive." You almost lost your mind over the possibility of wrinkles. And no, you aren't pretty.

House favorite is probably always going to be Candace, followed by Kortni. There is something endearing about Kortni's crazy ass.

I agree with your entire post, except that I lost respect for Candace after she said she wasn't down with Wiccans or whatever. Like, way to be a bigot. And it was so gross when Nilsa's said, "I have friends who are Muslim!" as a defense for her crass comments against Wiccans. Ugh.

Edited by Zima
  • Love 5

There is something endearing about Kortni's crazy ass.

Agree. 

I like Candace. She is so pretty. 

Nilsa doesn't need that ten pounds of make-up. 

At times Codi reminds me of James Corden. 

8 minutes ago, Zima said:

I agree with your entire post, except that I lost respect for Candace after she said she wasn't down with Wiccans or whatever. Like, way to be a bigot. And it was so gross when Nilsa's said, "I have friends who are Muslim!" as a defense for her crass comments against Wiccans. Ugh.

This reminds me of the whole Wiccan issue that occurred on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. 

• Love 2

Nilsa is absolutely nuts.  This is going to sound mean, but I'm not at all surprised that she got divorced.  She is clearly far too immature to be in any kind of relationship, much less a marriage.  She is obsessed with Kayla Jo for no other reason than Kayla Jo has Jeremiah and Nilsa couldn't get him.  And she couldn't get him because she walks around completely full of herself.  How many times did she say that she could have him if she wanted him?  Clearly not, sweet knees, as you all but got naked in his bed and he still refused you.

Basically, Gus, Codi, Kirk, and Candace are your normal ones.  Kortni really needs to grow up but has potential.  Jeremiah has his moments but jury is still definitely out. Aimee is nuts if she honestly thinks she is a Princess Goddess Mermaid just killing time until she is a trophy wife. And Nilsa is the worst in the house.  We'll see how much this changes over the course of the season.  As is, I would really like to see Nilsa have an Angelina-like exit and maybe she can take her little tagalong, Aimee, with her.

• Love 8

This show is boring. 

When they argue with one another, it's boring. When they argue with strangers, it's boring. Even when they get into fist fights with strangers, it's boring.

I have no idea how Jeremiah made it onto the show. Even when he's really pissed like he was last night with Nilsa, he's still dull as a box of rocks. 

The most interesting part of the show last night was the parrot biting everyone. I did think it was funny when that guy was like, I want to spill holy water on Kayla Jo to see if she melts. Other than that, this show felt like it was two hours long.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Basically, Gus, Codi, Kirk, and Candace are your normal ones.  Kortni really needs to grow up but has potential.  Jeremiah has his moments but jury is still definitely out. Aimee is nuts if she honestly thinks she is a Princess Goddess Mermaid just killing time until she is a trophy wife. And Nilsa is the worst in the house.  We'll see how much this changes over the course of the season.  As is, I would really like to see Nilsa have an Angelina-like exit and maybe she can take her little tagalong, Aimee, with her.

Don't forget ya TRAAASHHHH BAAAAAGGGGSSS!!!!

• Love 5

Nilsa is nuts but I agreed with her about how Jeremiah speaks to women. Felt bad for Gus who somehow got lumped into that one.

Is Tallahassee really the type of place where bar fights are frequent or is the combined craziness of this cast to blame?

• Love 2

What exactly did the guy say to Nilsa? All I heard was you are pretty until you open your mouth and need to keep it shut to get your way. How was that saying something about the way that she looked and putting her down. She clearly is conceited and thinks she is all that and that is EXACTLY what the guy was saying.

• Love 1

Nilsa needs to quit the shit. OMG, she starts shit then wants to use her marriage, her whatever as an excuse for the way she acts. No bitch, you're a spoiled ass brat who can dish it out but can't take it. And no one has said anything about her looks. Codi didn't, the guy at the bar didn't, and the bros didn't. And no one was disrespecting her either. Once again, she can dish that disrespect out but then cries foul. Guy at the bar was right, just sit there and look pretty and don't open your mouth and things will be cool. Once she opens her fucking conceited ass bitch mouth nothing good comes out of it. And Aimee, hello, yes smoking does cause wrinkles, Crack Corn Jo wasn't saying you had them right now, she was saying over time you could have them from sucking on a cigarette. I swear these two bitches can't listen to anyone but their own fucking voices.

• Love 10

Kayla Jo should have kept her mouth shut.  She was starting drama. She KNOWS the girls don't like her.  So, to continuously tell Aimee and Nilsa that they will get wrinkles from smoking was uncalled for. Yes, we ALL know smoking causes wrinkles. Obviously Aimee does not care.  So, keep it to yourself! THE GIRLS DO NOT LIKE YOU!

• Love 6

I liked Candace until tonight. Hypocritical bitch. "I don't believe in mythical beings, it's against my beliefs" which include believing in an invisible man who lives in the sky and allows children to starve to death. But he loves you. But he'll burn and torture you if you don't believe in him. But he loves you. Again... hypocritical bitch.  People like she and Nilsa expect 100% respect for their beliefs all while laughing and mocking others beliefs. 

This episode pissed me off. 

• Love 11
10 hours ago, toodywoody said:

What exactly did the guy say to Nilsa? All I heard was you are pretty until you open your mouth and need to keep it shut to get your way. How was that saying something about the way that she looked and putting her down. She clearly is conceited and thinks she is all that and that is EXACTLY what the guy was saying.

I completely agree with you, as well as  with the $1-draft-townie....nilsa is one conceited ass bitch! This hoe is use to everyone around her praising her and kissing her ass, that when one person simply doesnt like her....she loses her shit. And i strongly feel that its all superficial with her....she doesnt care if she builds any relationships with these people...she just wants them to want/praise her looks. Another thing that bothers me (other then the desperate attempt at jeremiah) is her constantly talking about her "ex husband"... it seems to me, that in her teeny, r*******, plastic filled mind..she thinks that bringing up the fact that she was married before makes her "look" like a better catch. I cant stand this bitch...jmo

• Love 1

Im simply here for candace and kirk. Only two real mfks on here....when ol'boy said "aye homie, im from atlanta..." he had my heart! Lol same when candace said "jeremiahs home schooled, he aint use to this hood shit"....maaan i never agreed with anyone more lol...

• Love 3
12 hours ago, JuliesMommy said:

I completely agree with you, as well as  with the $1-draft-townie....nilsa is one conceited ass bitch! This hoe is use to everyone around her praising her and kissing her ass, that when one person simply doesnt like her....she loses her shit. And i strongly feel that its all superficial with her....she doesnt care if she builds any relationships with these people...she just wants them to want/praise her looks. Another thing that bothers me (other then the desperate attempt at jeremiah) is her constantly talking about her "ex husband"... it seems to me, that in her teeny, r*******, plastic filled mind..she thinks that bringing up the fact that she was married before makes her "look" like a better catch. I cant stand this bitch...jmo

I agree. She is always having to bring that up. Look, they all know you were married before and how bad it damaged you, but quit using it as a crutch to explain away your actions. She is ugly on the inside. Doesn't matter how much plastic surgery she gets for herself, if her attitude and how she treat people doesn't improve then she will never be a good person. She looks down on people and thinks she can get whoever and whatever she wants. She can't stand the fact that Jeremiah doesn't like her and has to rag on his girl because it makes her feel better. But Gus took her out and she ended up treating him like shit. I know she didn't owe him anything but she clearly wasn't interested because he was nice to her. She wants to be treated like shit so that she can cry about it and get the attention that he is so mean to me.

• Love 4

This episode pissed me off. Bitches, educate yourself before acting like Wiccans ride on a broom and treating them like some kind of Satan worshipper. Because, yes, Nilsa. A Jesus candle will save you. She was beyond immature. Then again, she always is. I’m also dying to know the other side of the story with her ex cheating on her. Looking at her IG, she looked to be partying quite a bit during the time he was gone. From what I remember of Military life, there were wives just like her who found their own fun while spouse is away. Not to slut shame her, but I’m guessing there’s a second side to the divorce story. 

• Love 6
On 12/12/2017 at 2:31 PM, harleyhusky06 said:

Every time I see Aimee all I can think of is an over-grown Honey Boo-Boo. They talk the same, have the same mannerisms and both think they're so cute and all it. 

I call her poor man's Anna Nicole Smith but over-grown honey boo boo is close too. 

On 12/13/2017 at 8:56 AM, buffy11bnl said:

Are these girls really serious about being scared of “wiccans”??? 

No way. They are way too worldly to be clutching pearls over *gasp* a religion other than Christianity. I mean give me a fucking break. They just think they're cute. 

8 hours ago, ShaNaeNae said:

This episode pissed me off. Bitches, educate yourself before acting like Wiccans ride on a broom and treating them like some kind of Satan worshipper. Because, yes, Nilsa. A Jesus candle will save you. She was beyond immature. Then again, she always is. I’m also dying to know the other side of the story with her ex cheating on her. Looking at her IG, she looked to be partying quite a bit during the time he was gone. From what I remember of Military life, there were wives just like her who found their own fun while spouse is away. Not to slut shame her, but I’m guessing there’s a second side to the divorce story. 

It's not slut shaming if she was out cheating on her husband. I think the general consensus is that it's frowned upon to cheat, so if anybody is a slut, it is a cheater. if they feel shamed then I guess they should have kept their legs closed or dick in pants, whichever applies. 

Nilsa is disgusting though. I keep getting the nasty vision of her sitting at the table with her legs spread, feet on table, gyrating, talking about "Jeremiah knows where the real party is". She's acting like a skank.

• Love 4

Why the hell is it called Floribama Shore when it takes place in Panama City Beach which is in Florida, not Alabama. Not only that but only three cast members are actually from Alabama or Florida. And what's the point in including Alabama? No offense but the part that's close to the ocean is so small, why include it in the title? 

Jersey Shore made sense because they were all from Jersey and Italian. But what do these people have in common? They're from the south? There are so many southern states and different cultures, you can't box us all in together like we could with the cast of Jersey Shore. I still can't come up with a good reason for the shitty title. Why not title it Florida Shore and call it a day? I'm from Jacksonville and I think Florida is a good place for a show like this but not because it is a typical southern state. It's not. I don't know what they're trying to get at about Floridians. We're not the same as Alabama and Alabama would agree.  Somebody clear this up for me. 

Seems they're trying to make it look like southerners are all country (they failed btw because half the characters don't fit the stereotype). I think they wanted more Nilsa and Aimee types. Florida is so not country. 

10 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

Jersey Shore made sense because they were all from Jersey and Italian.

Actually, Sammy was the only one from jersey. The rest were from Staten island, the bronx, Rhode island, etc. Snooki, arguably the most famous person from that show, was not Italian. I think she was Peruvian, though she identified as Italian because she was adopted by an italian family. This show is doing exactly what jersey shore did, which is take a bunch of entertaining young fame whores who fit a particular stereotype and place them in a location that is known for said stereotype.

Edited by Treehugger9
fixed quoted text
  • Love 3