Type keyword(s) to search

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

DollEyes
  • Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

If he were pulled somewhere else, into a pocket universe or something, via the power of an Infinity Stone, how would that work, though?  How could Bast intercept that?  And would she, if he's not actually dead?

I think that the fact that it happened in Wakanda, could play a role in Bast intervening and taking him.  With T'Challa dead and the heart-shape herb destroyed, by Killmonger. There would be no hope for Wakanda and it's people.  Wakanda would fall into chaos, pitting the various tribes against each other. Eventually, the world would invade them and take all of their vibranium.  It would be in Bast's interest, to take the King, keep him from harm and fortify him.   

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

It would be in Bast's interest, to take the King, keep him from harm and fortify him.

I could see that, but I have a feeling the heart-shaped herb isn't necessarily gone.  Fire doesn't always destroy plants, and in fact some need periodic burning to thrive.  I think Killmonger was mostly destroying the current supply to eliminate any powered challenge, and if he had retained power, he could have continued to control or eliminate it.  But they could go a lot of different directions with that too.  

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Not everyone!!  In-canon, I really like them too.  In Ultron, I think they just suffered from Joss's 90's era faux feminist storytelling, but as they've evolved, I like their connection a lot. 

I was disappoint that there was just basically two seconds of it in this (more of the 'feast from crumbs' situation... grumble).  But I loved Sam's "awkward" as they stared googly eyes at each other (especially since Sam/Nat is my preferred out-of-canon pairing for them, and I think a big missed opportunity for an interesting relationship in-canon, especially after Winter Soldier).  I suspect we'll get a lot more of Bruce and Nat in A4.  

Has anyone seen where the rumor that A4 is supposed to start 5 years later started from?  Was it another Q&A?

THIS!!  This was me too on second viewing.  SO MUCH HARDER!! 

It was way crueler than in the comic. In the comic people just disappeared into thin air. I guess audiences would have assumed they teleported somewhere. Having them turn into ash, really drives the point home that they are DYING.

Also Chris Pratt's best acting moment might just be in the hilarious exchange where Doctor Strange asks "What master do you serve?" and Quill responds "'What master do I serve?' What am I supposed to say? Jesus?" and the derisive way real life devout Christian Pratt says "Jesus"!

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Dee said:

Oh, believe me, I'm not weeping over the loss of it either.  However, the point wasn't about desiring of fandom fights, but the inevitability of them, like in all fandoms, if all parties involved were on "even" ground.

And, you know as well as I do, that it's not just Sharon who gets roasted by certain parts of the fandom. It's anyone who dares deviate from 'the two cute white boys in love' scenario, including the actors themselves.

Sebastian has unintentionally drawn the ire of tons of fans, for years, who loathe him constantly pressing the WinterWidow pairing, and I can't tell you how many fans I've seen be harassed just because they express their feelings that Bucky doesn't need to be the next Cap, or would be better off remaining in Wakanda for the foreseeable future.

Ugh, this is why I stay away from a majority of that shit. I honestly don't care that much about the actors' opinions about it all because the powers that be will do what they will. Yes, Seb has talked about BuckyNat frequently and I'm fine with that because there's absolutely stuff that can be mined there. I'm actually a big fan of them in the comics and was totally on board with the possibility of exploring them in the MCU. Then Civil War happened and, like, a week later I descended into full on Stucky trash. I don't even know what to tell you.

As for the write up about Sam... I love every part of it and I am into it. Was it 'Sam fixes brunch for Steve and his friend when they show up on his doorstep' (oh and also has his resume on hand to slap in front of Steve to impress him) or was it the 'I think Sam is too smart...' 'No, he's an idiot like the rest of them.' Point taken! I buy into it all. Hell, Sam/Steve makes more sense to me than Tony/Steve. Tony/Steve is daddy issues galore and rich mouse/poor mouse and it's a whole thing. I understand people dig confrontational relationships and like to turn it into passion but... whatever, Tony/Steve is not my cup of tea.

Tony, for his part, has certainly been paired up a lot, too. And I haven't looked yet but I am certain that Stark/Strange is going to develop into a thing.

And for all the dusted members of the various teams, I do wonder how they're going to bring them back. Will it be in one fell swoop or will it be in shifts? What would be the most dramatic, I wonder?

The post-credits scene where Nick and Maria are trying to figure shit out. It didn't quite hit me when the car crashed in front of them but when the helicopter fell lazily out of the sky, I realized that this was all due to the dusting Thanos had just implemented and it was chilling. I actually shivered. Going from that to the call to Captain Marvel makes that one of the most effective post-credits scenes that Marvel has put out. For me anyway.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

really drives the point home that they are DYING

The possibly dying part wasn't what did it for me though, it was that they were being forcibly separated from people they loved!!  Death isn't the only way to accomplish that, it's not even the worst way (just look at how ICE operates right now).  

But either way, this is, I think, why this was soooo painful, and it's actually cruel to make us wait an entire year for the followup... the ending for the movie version of these characters shouldn’t be about loss and death, it should be about passing the torch (and maybe that is what will happen in A4... but in a year?????).  IronMan doesn’t have to be Tony, Captain America doesn’t have to be Steve, Hawkeye doesn’t have to be Clint.  Even the mantle of Thor has been taken on by someone else in the comics.  Nat deserves to find out who SHE is and work for herself, not subjugate herself to another power, Bruce deserves to not have to hide, and Bucky just wants to live peacefully and not have to fight (though I think he’ll like the idea of being a protector, because that fits with his innate nature and he’ll see that as a way to atone for his past).  We already know what the stakes are.  Death doesn’t amplify or validate anything, it’s just depressing, but the stakes of not being able to see a loved one again, however that happens (like the threat of Scott losing legal access to his daughter) is devastating.  Comics… superheros, were created to alleviate hopelessness… not intensify it, but now we'll have to sit with this sort of limbo for the foreseeable future.  So yes, I loved and hated this movie in pretty equal measure.  And I probably will go see it a third time, because I'm a masochist.  

• Love 6

In regards to Star Lord dying.

I thought that the whole "wiping out half of each civilization" is half of every culture and/or people.

Therefore, I got why Rocket (who is one of his kind) survived but Groot didn't.

Therefore, killing off Star Lord is an error made by MCU because he is the one of his only kind. Half human and half of an ancient celestial being.

Anyone out there have any other theories?

4 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I thought that the whole "wiping out half of each civilization" is half of every culture and/or people.

Therefore, killing off Star Lord is an error made by MCU because he is the one of his only kind. Half human and half of an ancient celestial being.

Well we saw in GOTG v2 he had hundreds of siblings but they were all killed by their dad.

My theory is since Peter rejected his "godhood" he really is more human now. (Suddenly that"Jesus" line has more meaning)

Doctor Strange asking if Peter was Tony's ward was also funny but it did make me realize that their relationship has become like Batman to his many Robins.

• Love 4

I don’t think that each civilization was halved. Just the general population of the universe. I’m Marvel needed to be belligerently ballsy, they could have flipped a coin to determine the fates of those outside the “original” Avengers.

Bright note: Just saw the second AMTW trailer, and I’m guessing the promo people are trying to steer away from the down note that AIW ended on. Still pessimistic about that, in the sense that we’d end up with a “Rapture” at the end.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I think Peter is counted as human from Earth now when he lost his God powers by killing his father. Or maybe there are more of Ego's children out there that he didn't find yet. 

I think Tony was saved because Thanos made a deal with Dr. Strange. Tony's life for the Time stone. Dr. Strange probably saw Tony being taken in all the times they lost. So he was needed. Then Thanos already took out half of Thor's people, Rocket is one of a kind and the rest just were lucky not be the half of the Earth population that was taken. 

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Dandesun said:

And for all the dusted members of the various teams, I do wonder how they're going to bring them back. Will it be in one fell swoop or will it be in shifts? What would be the most dramatic, I wonder?

Will there be a time jump, or will time be reversed back to the moment that each one disappeared.  I also wonder how captain Marvel fits into this. I do think that she is the key to stopping Thanos.. I can only imagine what the post credit scenes will be, at the end of the captain marvel movie...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Zooms To $726M Global Box Office; $1B Eyed Through Friday

Disney/Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War has blasted past the $700M global mark with $725.5M through Monday. We can expect milestones to continue to fall throughout this week: $800M should hit with today’s numbers added, and $1B worldwide is coming this weekend — possibly through Friday which would be 10 days in release. Anything under 12 days to $1B would see Infinity War become the fastest movie to the benchmark, taking a light saber to Star Wars: The Force Awakens which currently holds the record.

After six days in release at the international box office, the offshore total is $443.1M. IW is currently supercharging 67% ahead of Captain America: Civil War and 58% above Avengers: Age Of Ultron overseas. Domestically, the Anthony and Joe Russo juggernaut is at $282.4M.

The offshore Monday was worth $60.3M in 52 material markets. That’s 19% of the opening weekend and is 2% above the first Monday for The Force Awakens back during the 2015 Christmas season. In many hubs on Monday (and again today), Thanos is taking advantage of the May Day holiday.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 1
(edited)

Also I've thought about this since reading the original comic in the early 90s about whether Thanos needs all six stones to accomplish his goals. To kill trillions of people he needed: the Reality stone to turn people to ash, the Soul Stone to find every sentient life, the Space stone to reach them across the universe, the Mind Stone which could make the enormous calculations required to choose who lives and who dies, the Time Stone to do within a minute what would take centuries and the Power Stone to power the other five.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Tony and Pepper are going to get married and have that kid, and Steve is going to retire and go hang out with Bucky in Wakanda, rocking on the porch, overlooking the beautiful sunset.  

Wankandan marriage equalities laws being whatever there are, Shuri could for sure figure out a way for Bucky and Steve to have a baby together. 

Edited by starri
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

None of them are dead, they disappeared. The only ones that died are Loki, Hiemdall and Gamora. 

And Vision, I definitely count Vision as Dead (and should stay dead, IMO)

• Love 2

I'd say Loki and Heimdall are definitely dead.  I'm 80-20 that Gamora is not technically dead.  I think Vision is just currently without a power source, and the rest are 'elsewhere'.  

40 minutes ago, starri said:

Shuri could for sure figure out a way for Bucky and Steve to have a baby together.

Hee!  True, but I think Bucky is having too much fun being an uncle to the Wakandan kids, and I can see Steve being tickled with that set up too.  Two old grampas, sitting on the porch.  :-D

17 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'm 80-20 that Gamora is not technically dead.

Now I have a mental picture of Miracle Max standing over Gamora's body, saying, "I've seen worse."

• LOL 1
  • Love 21

Does anybody know Zoe Saldana's contract status for Guardians 3? If that isn't public knowledge, I'd imagine they're keeping that under tight wraps until after A4 debuts because that's going to answer the Gamora question once and for all.

(edited)
1 hour ago, starri said:

Wankandan marriage equalities laws being whatever there are, Shuri could for sure figure out a way for Bucky and Steve to have a baby together. 

Maybe they can help raise those vibranium rhinos.

I don't think Vision is dead for good. All that talk from Bruce about all the things that he was made up of and Shuri's work on the stone, even though it got interrupted. I think there is a very good chance that he will come out of this very not dead.

I do think Heimdall and Loki are down for the count. If they return, it will not be in the forms as we have known them thus far.

And Gamorra has got to come back somehow... I want to see her and Nebula hug each other because those sisters have more than earned it.

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Does anybody know Zoe Saldana's contract status for Guardians 3? If that isn't public knowledge, I'd imagine they're keeping that under tight wraps until after A4 debuts because that's going to answer the Gamora question once and for all.

I believe she mentioned going back to film Untitled Avengers Movie when she was doing press for GotGv2.  She also appeared to slip up and reveal the title as Infinity Gauntlet.

Did you guys see this? I don’t know why they let Mark talk in interviews, lol. Don Cheadle’s face is priceless! He has to drive Marvel absolutely Hulk-level mad. I know they played it off as a joke, but man....I cant wait to see him in the press before Avengers 4. At this point, I feel like they need to give him signs of what he can and cannot say.

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm sorry . . . who got faded at the end? I lost track. I'm still thinking that some of those who bought it could come back.

I'm thinking Idris Elba had enough . . . probably didn't think he'd play an all-seeing Viking god in four movies. We might have something along the lines of one of Thor's relaunches, where he resurrects his friends, and Loki eventually came back as a kid. I think his maturation into a more amoral god came because the movie version was that big of a scene-stealer. Fandral would stay dead, though. Zachary Levi made his choice going to Shazam. He is a traitor to the MCU.

If Vision lives and stays with Wanda, they could have kids like in the comics. I don't think that would happen, because Wanda's abilities seem more technical than mystical, so having twins with a synthezoid in the MCU probably wouldn't be in the cards. I'd be open for Quicksilver getting resurrected for the sole purpose of busting Wanda's chops about her relationship. "Guys, guess what? I'm dating a Cuisinart!! I am like my sister!!"

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 2
(edited)

Found this on twitter - Last words:

"Let the dark magic flow through me one last time"

"You will never be a god"

"No, this isn't love"

"I love you"

"...Steve?"

"This is no place to die"

"Something's happening"

"Quill?"

"Oh man"

"Tony, there was no other way"

"I don't want to go... I'm sorry"

(I think Groot and Sam are missing from this list? And Maria and Nick... anybody else?)

Edited by Wynterwolf
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

Found this on twitter - Last words:

"Let the dark magic flow through me one last time"

"You will never be a god"

"No, this isn't love"

"I love you"

"...Steve?"

"This is no place to die"

"Something's happening"

"Quill?"

"Oh man"

"Tony, there was no other way"

"I don't want to go... I'm sorry"

(I think Groot and Sam are missing from this list? And Maria and Nick... anybody else?)

I don't think Groot or Sam said anything. I just remember Rocket reacting to Groot and Rhodey calling out for Sam.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Dee said:

So apparently Joe Russo did a Q&A today, and confirmed that Valkyrie is alive, there are Asgardian refugees who escaped via pods, and that Tom Holland ad-libbed his death scene.

Goodness gracious, Tom Holland is even more spectacular than I already thought - love him so much as Spider-Man, and that scene was everything.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

I'd say Loki and Heimdall are definitely dead.  I'm 80-20 that Gamora is not technically dead.  I think Vision is just currently without a power source, and the rest are 'elsewhere'.

• Love 7
(edited)

I finally got to this this, after all this time waiting, and...anyone else need a drink? Or several? Because I have feelings. I have SUCH feelings. 

Yeah so, this was a really good movie, but I think I need to see the second part before I make the call. It was very much the first part of a two parter, even if it did have its own beginning, middle, and end. Unlike a lot of these movies where they split movies up, these guys probably NEED those two movies to get everything in. There are about 10 million characters running around, with even more subplots, even though now I guess we wont have to worry about the cast size as much...

Really, I will hopefully be able to give more cohesive thoughts soon (and read everyone elses thoughts) but here are some of my first impressions: 

The Guardians and Thor are a great team up, and I love Rocket and Teen Groot being involved in all these super dramatic Asgaurdian shenanigans. I figured that Loki was doomed, but, it still sucked to see it happen right when he finally was in a decent place with Thor again. Loki is pretty much always a little shit, but he really did love his brother, even after trying to kill him a few times. That death scene was freaking brutal, even by this movies standards. But, as Thor said, he has died before. Thor really has had an awful time of it lately. He lost his entire family, and most of his people in such a short amount of time. I hope that at least Valkyrie, Korg, and Meep made it out somehow!

Also enjoyed Doctor Strange/Tony/Peter working together, and the big clash of the egos between Stark and Strange. Plus, the brief reunion of the science bros! "Your embarrassing me in front of the wizards!" "Your invited to my wedding Wong!" 

The shots of space looked wonderful. Really, the whole movie looked awesome. 

Thanos is certainly a more interesting villain than he was originally set up as. He is a horrifying monster who commits mass murder, but he really did love Gamora, and he really does seem to be convinced that he is doing the right thing. Granted, that doesn't make me like or root for him, but it is interesting, and a more fascinating motive than just wanting power or for the sake of evil. But, in the end, the guy is an arrogant evil monster who thinks he knows whats best for everyone in the universe, and wont listen to anyone else who says what he is doing is wrong. 

Peter Dinklage as a giant dwarf from Norse mythology is pretty amazing casting. And teen Groot stepped up and used his own arm as a part of the hammer! And Thor showing up in Wakanda and destroying the hell out of the evil army was definitely the most cheer worthy moment of the movie. Really, the final fight scene was just awesome all around, until...that ending...

That ending was savage AF. Yeah, I am pretty sure that most, if not all, of the characters will be back, but it was still awful to see beloved characters turn to ash while their friends and loved ones just look on in horror. I think that this must be the one ending Doctor Strange saw working, and thats why he gave the stone up, even though he knew what would happen. He seemed quite calm when he was turning into ash and dying, so either he knows he`ll be back, or he knows that this will at least stop Thanos. Everyone turning into nothing was so awful to see, but poor, sweet Peter dying was just uncalled for. Especially as he hugged Tony and started crying and saying he didnt want to go. Oh Peter. I also spent most of the drive home thinking about who else could be dead? Not even getting into the TV shows, how are Aunt May, Ned, and Peters other teachers and classmates? Jane and her team? Peper and Happy? Shuri and her mother? The Ravengers? The people of Xandar? How much devastation is this?!

I will really need to think on this more, but I am really just impressed that they managed to balance their characters so much, and even the characters who didnt get much of an arc got some time to shine. Really, I sit here impressed that this movie even exists and is as good as it it. I wont call it perfect (I still need to mentally sort out a few things) but it was funny, dramatic, epic, and gave us a lot of the things fans wanted. Battles, good character work, and seeing our heroes meeting each other, and teaming up to kick ass. The fact that we even have an MCU is truly amazing to me, and you just have to look at all the failed combined universes (looking at you, Dark Universe!) to see how special what we have here is. The fact that they have managed to keep at least basic continuity so much, and have come this far without a major misstep or flop, is just incredible. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 16
12 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

The fact that we even have an MCU is truly amazing to me, and you just have to look at all the failed combined universes (looking at you, Dark Universe!) to see how special what we have here is.

YESSSS!  The main reason I think Marvel has succeeded where DC didn’t is that from the beginning, way back in the first IronMan, Marvel understood that the soul of the storytelling is in the exploration of the relationships and the casting.  It's in the ‘character moments’ and the interaction between the characters that happens within the framework of fantastical things going on, not the other way around.  It’s grounded by the relationships, and that’s the foundation that’s strong enough to build a universe on.

• Love 17
(edited)

Finally got to see this today. Some of my thoughts/spec.

• Dr. Strange saw 14 million times where Thanos got what he wanted and one time where they won. So, Thanos still got what he wanted this time so they still did not win. Yet. I'm with all those that think all the dusted will come back but those that were already dead will likely stay that way. Except maybe Gamora. 
  • All the original Avengers were left behind as were the geniuses. How strange (pun intended) that we still have Bruce, Tony, Rocket and Shuri. I don't think she dusted, we didn't see it. Strange saw all this happening. 
  • We all need to afraid of the next Avengers movie because those are the deaths that are gonna stick. I'm about 99% sure my beloved Steve is going to be one of them. He definitely would sacrifice himself for others.

So I've been reading pages and pages of this thread and I can't quote the stuff I want to. Some of the things I want to comment on that were mentioned:

That long camera focus on Steve's face. I don't know wtf that was about, but I certainly noticed it. 

Spidey. He wasn't a superhero anymore, he was just the scared kid that he is. It was heartbreaking. I'm also having all the feels for Tony too. My other sad is for Nebula. If she wasn't sure before, she now knows that Thanos does not care about her at all.

Y'all have already listed most of the funny things in this movie so I'll just say my favorites were "It's like an angel and a pirate had a baby"(and Drax's admiration for the 'man' Thor), Rocket and Bucky, and anything Mantis or Spidey said. 

Oh I forgot I wanted to mention that at end of the last scene when everyone in the theater was standing up to leave, this old man in front of us turned around and said, "I don't get it". I was literally laughing out loud. What do you say to that?

Edited by festivus
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Wynterwolf said:

Heh, he was even polite to Ross when the was telling him to fuck off. 

Yup, but I wish that Bruce had emerged from the shadows before Rhodey hung up on Ross, because if anyone deserved to tell Ross to fuck off, it's him.

Ross better get what's coming to him in Avengers 4, I cannot stress that enough.

• Love 5

This movie was so emotional, top three marvel movie definitely. That a movie like this with more than 20 main characters worked so well is miracle, and to top it off, Thanos was a great villain, marvels best villain imo.

Thor, Dr Strange, Gamora and Thanos stole the movie. My love for thor grew so much more. I always loved Gamora and Strange but they just became some of my favorite characters in the MCU. Dr Strange was so badass when he faced Thanos alone, best fight scene in the movie, visually stunning and so trippy, I can’t wait for his sequel now. Is it weird I find Benedict sexy as Strange? Zoe did an incredible job with Brolin, the movie wouldn’t have worked without these two.

The Guardians crack me up whenever they are on screen, Rocket and Drax especially. Quill is still Quill and I will always love him even though he messed up, but that was in character for him, like Tony he is very emotional.

I was a bit disappointed with Cap and the rest of the group from earth, they had little screen time. I know cap will get better focus in part two, the Russos said that the ones that did not have focus here will get more in the next one.

Spiderman was great, Tom broke my heart in this movie, he keep proving that he is the best Spiderman on screen. I saw some people on twitter saying he improvised that part, if so, that guy is going to do great in his career.

So I guess all the snapped death are coming back and one or two of the original will die, my guess is Tony and Clint. I hope none dies, I’m not part of the “stakes” crowd, they can go to hell with that “stakes” talks.

I also don’t think Gamora is gone, she is in the soul stone and can be freed. If they wanted her gone, the directors would have had Thanos stab her, but just throwing her down the cliff gives a wriggle room for her to be back. She’s coming back.

Best lines;

Where, who and why is Gamora

Is it still the greatest movie on earth? “It never was!”, Tom’s delivery killed me.

The Kevin bacon being an avenger part

I am Steve Rogers. Steve was so earnest here, lol

The whole exchange between Thor and the guardians “this is a man”, “Rabit”, Quill making his voice deeper, Quill getting between Gamora and Thor.

Stop embarrassing me in front of the wizards

Strange and Stark combo was great too, two narcissist, so alike, yet so different.

Buck and Rocket were great too.

Bring in next year Marvel.

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Yup, but I wish that Bruce had emerged from the shadows before Rhodey hung up on Ross, because if anyone deserved to tell Ross to fuck off, it's him.

ITA. However, the MCU has gone to great lengths to act as if Bruce's solo film never happened.

• Love 3

Just speculating, but I'm guessing Gamora stays "dead" in the next Avengers movie but is trapped in the Soul Stone & GotG 3 revolves around the rest of the crew reviving her with the help of Adam Warlock, which would sort of mirror the comics.  I also expect Vision to be revived, but as a solid white, emotionless android with all traces of humanity gone, which will of course cause interesting angst for Wanda.  I fully expect all the people who got dusted to come back, but also for there to be one or two permanent deaths after that happens (as permanent as it can be in a comic book universe).

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Grace19 said:

also don’t think Gamora is gone, she is in the soul stone and can be freed. If they wanted her gone, the directors would have had Thanos stab her, but just throwing her down the cliff gives a wriggle room for her to be back. She’s coming back.

What wiggle room? We saw her dead, broken body on the floor with blood spilling onto the ground. I don't see any difference between dead broken body on ground and a stabbed person.

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

What wiggle room? We saw her dead, broken body on the floor with blood spilling onto the ground. I don't see any difference between dead broken body on ground and a stabbed person.

I think if he had stabbed her when her essence/soul was clearly still in her body, before he threw her off, it would be more likely that she might be dead (maybe 70-30 for being all dead), but since he didn't, and threw her off the cliff instead, that makes it easier to argue that her soul left her body before the body hit the ground and was damaged.  So if her soul was already gone, the damage we saw to the body wouldn't have caused her death.  

Edited by Wynterwolf
29 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Gamora's soul could be in the soul stone, I don't know how they would get her body back though. 

Nebula knows where Thanos took her sister, I think, since she's still on Titan and knows how he got the Soul Stone. How she will get back from Titan is anyone's guess, since I can't remember if they still have a functional ship, but I don't think she can be counted out as a source of help in that regard.

• Love 3

There should be two ships on Titan. Whatever ship Nebula used to get there, along with the Milano which the Guardians used to arrive. The fun part is going to be Tony convincing Nebula to take him back to Earth.

• Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

There should be two ships on Titan. Whatever ship Nebula used to get there, along with the Milano which the Guardians used to arrive. The fun part is going to be Tony convincing Nebula to take him back to Earth.

I hope that happens so Nebula can tell Rocket about what happened to rest of his team.  Of course if they are time jumping that won't really matter. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Wynterwolf said:

I think if he had stabbed her when her essence/soul was clearly still in her body, before he threw her off, it would be more likely that she might be dead (maybe 70-30 for being all dead), but since he didn't, and threw her off the cliff instead, that makes it easier to argue that her soul left her body before the body hit the ground and was damaged.  So if her soul was already gone, the damage we saw to the body wouldn't have caused her death.  

49 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Gamora's soul could be in the soul stone, I don't know how they would get her body back though. 

I'm fully on board with Gamora's soul being in the Gem as part of the sacrifice. A soul for a soul. However, a dead body is still a dead body.  Granted I don't believe in that soul stuff in RL anyway but, her body/brain is dead soul surving or not, body is dead and rotting. Putting a soul back in a dead body doesn't heal it, doesn't bring it back, body is still dead. 

I know that doesn't line up with some sci-fi/supernatural takes but, I don't think her soul being trapped in the stone is an automatic bring back to life scenario.

So they've kept raising the stakes in these MCU movies.

After they restore the universe and kill or defeat Thanos, what next?

Marvel and Disney aren't going to stop making movies but after defeating a god or a villain with the ultimate power, what comes next must surely be a letdown in comparison?

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

but, I don't think her soul being trapped in the stone is an automatic bring back to life scenario.

... hence my 80-20 odds from before, the 20% was basically related to the condition of her body.  :-)  So, I agree with you there, but I do think because of the scifi/fantastic tech elements, and the fact that she's an alien so we don't really know anything about her physiology other than she looks basically humanoid, there's quite a lot of wiggle room in what we actually saw, that's all.  

• Love 1

I enjoyed the movie and thought Thanos was a great villain but like a lot of people can't help wondering about the inherent logical flaws in both his plan and motivation. As always Jenny Nicholson has an entertaining way of illustrating this:

• Love 5

I read a TPB of old-school Thanos stories. Drax and Gamora spent years in the Soul Stone . . . so her being alive in some form isn’t out of the question.

Last week, I asked a Facebook friend when Tony and Stephen met in comics. His answer: There was no official first team up. I would think Marvel would jump on that, given the similarities I listed in my question.