Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Fork-Getta-bout It

Riggs and Murtaugh are led into the underground mob world as they investigate a murder in a hospital. Meanwhile, Murtaugh learns that Riana is secretly dating his neighbor and nemesis' son.

Yeah, I can't figure out where they're going with Molly.  They made a point of her being basically his "kid sister" which presumably puts them squarely in platonic territory.  That plus her dating other guys and Riggs even getting called for babysitting duty would seem to seal it.  And sure, Dr. Cahill is just asking questions, but why do I feel like they're pointing towards Riggs and Molly getting together?

Speaking of Dr. Cahill, we had that whole near-breakdown last week with Ghost Daddy nearly talking Riggs into killing himself, Riggs telling Cahill "I'm ready to talk"... and then nothing?  Actually, they did talk, but right now I can't even remember what they talked about, but I don't think it was Ghost Daddy.

So just to be clear, the assassin-wife really did love him, and they'll now enter Witness Protection and live happily ever after?

At this point, I’m thinking the assassin-wife would make a good girlfriend for Riggs.

How long will they continue making Murtaugh an idiot when it comes to being a father and a husband? How has he stayed married? Note to writers: this joke was old when it was seen on other shows!

On 11/29/2017 at 1:52 PM, Orbert said:

Speaking of Dr. Cahill, we had that whole near-breakdown last week with Ghost Daddy nearly talking Riggs into killing himself, Riggs telling Cahill "I'm ready to talk"... and then nothing?  Actually, they did talk, but right now I can't even remember what they talked about, but I don't think it was Ghost Daddy.

They talked primarily about Molly dating and whether Riggs was going to move on so he could date too.  It was a very forgettable scene.  BC the two of them have no chemistry at all.  Even as friends.  She gets the worst writing of everyone.  

As much as I would love to see Riggs in high school they're going to have to make him and Molly compelling in the present too.  

So it was just a big tease.  We think Riggs is finally going to talk to Cahill about Daddy, but instead it was used to further muddy the Riggs/Molly issue.  Bleah. 

And yeah, their scenes together are horrible.  It's like the writing is weak anway, plus Jordana Brewster has no acting chops, so Crawford chews scenery to try to make them into something, and it still doesn't work.  I want to like Dr. Cahill, or at least not actively dislike her, but they make it hard.

I must be in the minority but I truly enjoyed this episode. I'm so glad they kept Molly around and I like the chemistry between her and Riggs. The whole 'kid sister' thing doesn't bother me at all - sounds like Riggs is about to take a trip on Africa's longest river. Which is a nice change of pace. Cahill seems to think so too and was actually doing her job by trying to point that out to him, so I had no problems with her scenes at all. Whether Cahill (or the writers) push for a romance between Riggs or Molly remains to be seen but it looks as if his relationship with Molly and her son is actually doing him good so I'm all for it. Daddy with the hole in his face can take a break for a while.

Loved Scorsese and his script - and that Avery had actually read it. Thad made up for the lack of the B-team.

The writing for Murtaugh remains wobbly at best. Though I did appreciate the movie shout-out at the end.

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Loved Scorsese and his script - and that Avery had actually read it. Thad made up for the lack of the B-team.

I think Avery and Trish might be my favorite of the supporting cast, though now that the B-team is getting along I like them a lot more too.  

I like the script stuff, but I did think that the Murtaugh /Scorsese stuff about the script went both too far and on to long to actually be funny.  

It's strange, but I tend to find Crawford funnier than Waynes, which, given their backgrounds is a little surprising.  I think Waynes is not really committing to the straight man role, and so their dynamic is sort of off this season.  Overall Crawford does get better material to work with though.