Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E28: All That Jazz

• Start Topic

Kelly saying that she "tried everything to make it work with Valerie" is rich. Exactly what did she try and when? Perhaps she's referring to the last episode where she included Val in the dinner she was making at the house where Val lives (that was so big of her.) And what's with the "we can't both live in this house"? She doesn't actually live there. It doesn't really matter since she's there all the time, but if I was in Brandon's (tiny) shoes, I'd be pissed - now Kelly's the one to decide who lives in the house?

I liked that in Kelly's retcon fantasy, Val says something about her going to Dylan now that Brandon's turned her down. Which is precisely the kind of thing Kelly does over and over again, nice that she somehow acknowledges it herself. Also, her saying that Val is inconsistent about who's the love of her life ... really, Kelly? Are you sure you wanna go down that road?

David saying that he doesn't know what more to do and then mentioning bringing condoms is HILARIOUS. As if the condoms are what will finally make her give in. "Oh condoms?! You must really love me." 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Nanna said:

Kelly saying that she "tried everything to make it work with Valerie" is rich. Exactly what did she try and when? Perhaps she's referring to the last episode where she included Val in the dinner she was making at the house where Val lives (that was so big of her.) And what's with the "we can't both live in this house"? She doesn't actually live there. It doesn't really matter since she's there all the time, but if I was in Brandon's (tiny) shoes, I'd be pissed - now Kelly's the one to decide who lives in the house?

I liked that in Kelly's retcon fantasy, Val says something about her going to Dylan now that Brandon's turned her down. Which is precisely the kind of thing Kelly does over and over again, nice that she somehow acknowledges it herself. Also, her saying that Val is inconsistent about who's the love of her life ... really, Kelly? Are you sure you wanna go down that road?

David saying that he doesn't know what more to do and then mentioning bringing condoms is HILARIOUS. As if the condoms are what will finally make her give in. "Oh condoms?! You must really love me." 

I agree, it's laughable on Kelly's part.  Kelly started her relationship with a stick up her ass about Valerie. 

Did she know about Val trying to work with her father during this episode?  Because I did understand her getting upset with that one.

Good lord, though...did she really criticize Val about not knowing who the love of her life is?  The woman who broke her serious relationship with Brandon the moment Dylan started kissing her again?

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Does Kelly know Val's dad molested her?  If so, that was a sick burn about how family and lovers are not the same thing.  I think even if Kelly didn't know, it stung Val harder than expected.

I actually don't think anybody in The Gang knows at this point, not even Brandon.  I know David finds out eventually, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know yet.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

All of this talk of trying to get Brandon to sleep with Val/ Kelly is so trashy. She and Kelly sound like extras at a party at The O.C. I thought they were above this.

Well Val normally is. Kelly, not so much. Also the retcon/ how each girl remembers it sound so ridiculous. Like I know this show isn’t known for its excellent acting but those memories each girl has are acted so badly. So. Badly. The only thing I can get behind is Val saying to kelly “you’re taking the only family I have left!” And kelly saying “so is your lover or your family?” Because it doesn’t make sense. I wonder sometimes if the writers wrote different things and then just stapled together a script for the episodes at times. 

Also.. it’s Brandon they are fighting over. Brandon. It’s even worse than Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff fighting over Aaron Carter during a Vanity Fair magazine cover shoot.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I actually don't think anybody in The Gang knows at this point, not even Brandon.  I know David finds out eventually, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't know yet.

Speaking of which. Did David tell anyone about how Val tried to pimp him out? 

Anytime Brandon gets annoyed at Kelly makes me happy. Please do it more Brandon. 

Are we supposed to think that Kelly's not going to go to Columbia for grad school because of Brandon? Terrible decision-making, Kelly. Take a page out of Susan's book and do what's best for your career, don't stick around for that dingleberry!

• Love 5

I find it hard to believe that Kelly would get accepted to graduate school at Columbia University. She is hardly a go-getter and has been distracted from her studies because of her personal life several times over the last four years. She has done no internships. She only volunteers once a year, at the Peach Pit for Thanksgiving. She doesn't even keep up with her sorority anymore. She doesn't even have/ need a job. And we have never heard that she is some kind of intellectual. Maybe it was easier to get into grad school in 1997.

• Love 6

Even if Kelly (or gang) doesn't know about how Val was molested by her father, they do know he killed himself ( and I think she found his body.) So maybe Kelly, if she doesn't want to be an asshole, should lay off mentioning family stuff to Val. And maybe she's a little crazy because she has some unprocessed trauma.

These characters are awful people. Also, two hottest guys in Beverly Hills? Valerie, you dated Jason Lewis on the show a minute ago. There are hot guys in BH.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Pogojoco said:

These characters are awful people. Also, two hottest guys in Beverly Hills?

Even David is hotter than both Brandon and Dylan, though it pains me to say it. Probably Steve too. Another thing about Kelly getting accepted at Columbia, by merely filling out the application form and having at least passing grades with minimal effort, apparently. If she were the type of person that was applying to Columbia, she would not be the type of person who would nonchalantly turn down Columbia because she got back together with her dumb boyfriend. They are 22, and doesn't Brandon have some kind of fellowship money he should be spending on a worthwhile grad school program? Wouldn't Kelly getting into Columbia be a big enough turn of events that the two of them would at least discuss moving to New York together for a few years? I know I'm thinking about this too much, but it is just so ludicrous. These kids are written like 40 year olds who are accepting the fact that sometimes you just have to settle.

• Love 7

yeah you'd never guess these people are 21,22 years old. 

Also, I'm watching the Kenny era, and am I the only one that think Kenny got what he deserved? Not to sound like i'm on Val's psycho level, but he led her on and kept telling her he was leaving his wife. He was such a dick wad. But somehow Val came out like the bad guy in the situation. If I were her friend, I'd tell her good keep the money he gave you. Not bitch like Brandon about how it's immoral.

• Love 8

Are we supposed to think that Kelly's not going to go to Columbia for grad school because of Brandon? Terrible decision-making, Kelly. Take a page out of Susan's book and do what's best for your career, don't stick around for that dingleberry!

Hey Kelly, before you do your it's Val or me ultimatum with Brandon, you may want to remember it's not his house.  I know they deal with it with some bs that Jim and Cindy are totally fine letting Brandon do what he wants, but it's interesting to me that Kelly doesn't even stop to think about that. 

And obviously...Professor Langley 2020!  She can run on a platform purely built around disgust with Donna, and I'll vote for her.     

• Love 1

Why does David have to apologize for a single bed? What does either of them think will happen if they share a bed?

Also, as a lifelong Catholic (K-college) I know that Donna would be a QUEEN at hand and mouth stuff. As David is only looking for release (he very rarely plays the "it will bring us closer together" or "let us express our love physically" cards) I'd think Donna would easily be able to keep him calmed down with hand and mouth stuff.

• Love 2

They never specify if Donna does hand and mouth stuff or she does nada at all . But yea I don't know why Donna would be so opposed to sharing a bed with a guy she dated for years . You'd think they'd shared a bed a bunch of times already  ( obviously not for sex ) 

and david must not do it for her since she was about to give it up to both ray and joe in no time but they stopped her 

• Love 1
On 11/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, Lalochezia said:

I genuinely expected Dave to start singing the opening number of "Streetcar!" at the end there.

Can’t you hear me yell-uh? You’re puttin’ me through hell-uh!

He could’ve sung that one, too ;)

Why do I listen to this podcast when I'm driving? I nearly hit a tree at "short -lived" with a long I.

First I was in shock and nearly hit a tree, and then I realized I have been saying it Brandon wrong and thought about driving into a tree because my whole life has been a lie.

On 11/29/2017 at 1:03 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

yeah you'd never guess these people are 21,22 years old. 

Also, I'm watching the Kenny era, and am I the only one that think Kenny got what he deserved? Not to sound like i'm on Val's psycho level, but he led her on and kept telling her he was leaving his wife. He was such a dick wad. But somehow Val came out like the bad guy in the situation. If I were her friend, I'd tell her good keep the money he gave you. Not bitch like Brandon about how it's immoral.

I think Valerie should’ve taken the $10k and not been obscenely greedy with the $100k. But other than that I agree with you. However there’s nothing more pathetic in this world than a side chick that doesn’t know her place. She KNEW he was married, she cannot make demands on his time.

Kenny cannot have sex with his mistress bareback and then whine about having to pay extortion money for her to get an abortion. Kenny was also dumb as bricks to never even question it- but I’m assuming they didn’t use a condom so Val’s story made sense to him. 

At the end of the day of course I’m team Val, but I thought she let her emotions get her better than her. 

• Love 2