Type keyword(s) to search

TBBT vs Young Sheldon: Nitpicks, Anomalies, and Historical Facts In An Evolving Universe, presented by Sheldon L. Cooper

• Start Topic

So essentially the reason George becomes a womanizing alcoholic is because he can't handle the financial pressure of having 3 kids and a wife who dares to want to have a few interests of her own?  Yeah, if they go down that road it's not hard to see why BBT Sheldon has less than positive memories of his father.

(edited)

I still wish they'd just make YS a stand alone and not follow TBBT cannon. 

Having gone through the whole 'husband gets bored, then resentful, and depressed then becomes a drunk and has an affair' in real life, I don't know that I want to watch that in what is *supposed* to be a comedy. 

Especially since other than being a bit dense, George is shown to be mostly a clueless but decent person.  

Edited by Callietwo
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Callietwo said:

I still wish they'd just make YS a stand alone and not follow TBBT cannon. 

I’d find that dissatisfying. A prequel should follow the established plot lines from the parent show. Otherwise, it’s not a prequel. That’s like making a Superman prequel and not have Clark’s entire home planet blow up. Those events are what make the characters who they are and who they become, they have to happen.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, kariyaki said:

Those events are what make the characters who they are and who they become, they have to happen.

This is my feeling as well.  The Sheldon from BBT didn't just happen.   And YS has, in my opinion, done a pretty good job of showing why he evolved into the character we all love (or hate).  The one element missing up to now has been why does BBT Sheldon have such a low opinion of his father.  I think we're all about to find out.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 5
On 5/2/2021 at 9:58 AM, WinnieWinkle said:

So essentially the reason George becomes a womanizing alcoholic is because he can't handle the financial pressure of having 3 kids and a wife who dares to want to have a few interests of her own?  Yeah, if they go down that road it's not hard to see why BBT Sheldon has less than positive memories of his father.

Since the Coopers don't share their feelings and obviously George didn't talk to Sheldon about the situation when he walked in on George and the "other" woman and since it happened in the Coopers home.... My personal backstory was that it wasn't another woman but it was Mary with a wig on trying to spice up their love life.

And Mary's negativity about George is because she's still mad at him for dying young and leaving them. 

After all, when he came to Sheldon's wedding, Georgie told Sheldon he didn't really remember the way it really was when George died. Georgie said Mary went to pieces and it was Georgie who held them all together.

• Love 5
On 5/3/2021 at 4:59 PM, Ben1956 said:

Since the Coopers don't share their feelings and obviously George didn't talk to Sheldon about the situation when he walked in on George and the "other" woman and since it happened in the Coopers home.... My personal backstory was that it wasn't another woman but it was Mary with a wig on trying to spice up their love life.

So  Mary and George were prepared to have Sheldon believe his father was having sex with another woman rather than to let him know he walked in on Mom and Dad?  

20 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

So  Mary and George were prepared to have Sheldon believe his father was having sex with another woman rather than to let him know he walked in on Mom and Dad?  

They wouldn't know Sheldon thought that. Nobody talked about it afterward. If that were the case, they would’ve just thought he was embarrassed to walk in on his parents while they were doing it.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

They wouldn't know Sheldon thought that. Nobody talked about it afterward. If that were the case, they would’ve just thought he was embarrassed to walk in on his parents while they were doing it.

I suspect rather than try to explain this away they will never mention it - not unlike good old Stumpy, the brother Mary referenced in BBT but who does not seem to exist in YS 🙂.

16 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I suspect rather than try to explain this away they will never mention it - not unlike good old Stumpy, the brother Mary referenced in BBT but who does not seem to exist in YS 🙂.

I think they're clearly paving the way for marriage trouble leading to an affair.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Or Stumpy doesn’t live nearby and thus they never see him.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I think they're clearly paving the way for marriage trouble leading to an affair.

Totally agree.  I gather though there is a bit of resistance here to the idea that the things Sheldon claims happened in his parent's marriage - especially George's infidelity - actually happened.  I'd have felt that way too based solely on the way George has been presented on YS.  Up until this year.  This year things definitely seem to be taking a darker, sadder turn.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

If they didn't talk about, they didn't know that's what he was thinking and just thought was embarrassed at seeing his parents having sex.

One way they can reconcile how George was portrayed by BBT Sheldon's description and how he's portrayed on YS is because the adult Sheldon that is narrating  YS is older than the BBT Sheldon.  We know this because the YS adult Sheldon has said that he and Amy had a baby, and other things that make it seem like he's several years in the future after BBT ended.  An older person reminiscing about his childhood might be more sympathetic and understanding about what happened with his father than the BBT version of Sheldon.    In the ending of last night's show, adult Sheldon seemed very sentimental about his father, which makes me think that they might be going in that direction.    

• Love 4
On 5/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, Callietwo said:

Having gone through the whole 'husband gets bored, then resentful, and depressed then becomes a drunk and has an affair' in real life, I don't know that I want to watch that in what is *supposed* to be a comedy. 

I agree.  We're getting bogged down in depressing episodes.  I know that it makes more sense to follow what was already established on TBBT, but I figured this show might end before getting to George's infidelity and subsequent death.   I was enjoying the "happier" George and seeing his relationship with Sheldon.  From TBBT, I had the impression that his Dad was a slouch the entire time, but with YS, we're seeing him in a different light, and I like it!

If Lorre and team keep making things so damn depressing, then I'll quit watching. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I know that it makes more sense to follow what was already established on TBBT, but I figured this show might end before getting to George's infidelity and subsequent death. 

I never expected them to walk back George dying when he does but I was wondering how they were going to reconcile the George we hear about on BBT with the George from YS.  I think, sadly, the next few years are going to do that.  On the other hand this is is comedy and they can't honestly think for one minute that the same people who've been loving YS are going to find any humour in a marriage breaking down, possible infidelity, and the children being estranged from their father for whatever reason?  Surely?

• Love 3
On 5/3/2021 at 4:59 PM, Ben1956 said:

And Mary's negativity about George is because she's still mad at him for dying young and leaving them. 

I don't recall any of the specific things Mary said about George in BBT (why I don't have large swaths of dialogue memorized by now is beyond me), but my impression is that she alluded to the same terrible behaviour that Sheldon did.

• Love 3

On the other hand ...

Just before his wedding, Mary told Sheldon how proud his father would have been of him, and Sheldon admitted that he missed his father.

And when Sheldon was reeling from the super-asymmetry theory apparently being discredited, it was a taped pep talk from George that got him back in the game, so to speak.

Sheldon said, ”It’s interesting.I always thought that my father’s journey and mine were so different, but he also faced failure and setbacks. Maybe our lives mirrored each other more than I thought.”  

And he concluded by saying, "Thanks, Dad. We're going to give 'em hell."

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MollyMelrose said:

Sheldon said, ”It’s interesting.I always thought that my father’s journey and mine were so different, but he also faced failure and setbacks. Maybe our lives mirrored each other more than I thought.”  

And he concluded by saying, "Thanks, Dad. We're going to give 'em hell."

It's hard to say why they decided to do this.  It could have been a nod to the close relationship they were showing on YS so they felt they needed to give Sheldon back a loving father so to speak.  It also could be because Sheldon grew as a person through the course of the series, and especially after he and Amy married.  He was ready to make his peace with his father - maybe forgive him for things he couldn't forgive before?  Whatever the reason that was a very touching episode!

• Love 3

I was looking up George's character bio on Fandom, and one of the family relationships they list is "unborn fourth child, deceased, 1990." Aren't we in 1991 already? Did they show Mary being pregnant last year? I don't recall. 

https://bigbangtheory.fandom.com/wiki/George_Cooper_Sr.

On 5/8/2021 at 4:12 PM, WinnieWinkle said:

It's hard to say why they decided to do this.  It could have been a nod to the close relationship they were showing on YS so they felt they needed to give Sheldon back a loving father so to speak. 

When they showed that tape of George, I assume it was because they needed to do some retconning that Sheldon's drunk, womanizing redneck father of TBBT wasn't as bad as Sheldon (and Mary) had described him throughout the series.

• Love 2
On 5/7/2021 at 10:57 PM, karenc3 said:

One way they can reconcile how George was portrayed by BBT Sheldon's description and how he's portrayed on YS is because the adult Sheldon that is narrating  YS is older than the BBT Sheldon.  We know this because the YS adult Sheldon has said that he and Amy had a baby, and other things that make it seem like he's several years in the future after BBT ended.  An older person reminiscing about his childhood might be more sympathetic and understanding about what happened with his father than the BBT version of Sheldon.    In the ending of last night's show, adult Sheldon seemed very sentimental about his father, which makes me think that they might be going in that direction.    

Steven Molaro said something very similar after last years finale. 

“Sheldon the adult narrator, who is older now and has children of his own, [is] seeing his parents in a different light for the first time. That’s why this narrator is choosing to tell us some of these stories, in part because he’s figuring it out now. “Oh, I had an idea about who my dad was, and now that I look back and I’m the age that he was then…” You start to have a different perspective on things.”

On 5/9/2021 at 3:01 PM, SmithW6079 said:

When they showed that tape of George, I assume it was because they needed to do some retconning that Sheldon's drunk, womanizing redneck father of TBBT wasn't as bad as Sheldon (and Mary) had described him throughout the series.

I didn’t see it as retconning but reiterating just how unreliable a narrator Sheldon is. Sheldon’s description of his childhood isn’t accurate for anyone, even those that we saw early on in Big Bang Theory. Hell, it isn’t even accurate for the other BBT characters. 

On 5/4/2021 at 5:23 PM, Katy M said:

I agree but it really doesn’t have to be an affair. A separation would fit what we know from TBBT just as well. 

2 hours ago, Dani said:

“Sheldon the adult narrator, who is older now and has children of his own, [is] seeing his parents in a different light for the first time. That’s why this narrator is choosing to tell us some of these stories, in part because he’s figuring it out now. “Oh, I had an idea about who my dad was, and now that I look back and I’m the age that he was then…” You start to have a different perspective on things.”

Thank you, that's very interesting. I hadn't seen this before.   So, it sounds like the narrator Sheldon is actually much older than BBT Sheldon, so he has a different perspective.  Probably seeing that things were not all bad.  

• Love 3
(edited)
8 hours ago, karenc3 said:

Thank you, that's very interesting. I hadn't seen this before.   So, it sounds like the narrator Sheldon is actually much older than BBT Sheldon, so he has a different perspective.  Probably seeing that things were not all bad. 

I think there is definitely an element of that with the narration. He does sometimes offer a more mature perspective but quite often the adult Sheldon says one thing but what is being conveyed on screen is  quite different,  Which is very similar to what we saw happen on BBT.  

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Dani said:

I agree but it really doesn’t have to be an affair. A separation would fit what we know from TBBT just as well. 

I guess they can try to twist and turn canon but George has at least one affair. Sheldon describes a "bottle blonde bartender" who tried to buy his love in that one episode where Penny and Leonard are fighting constantly. And he describes walking in on his Dad and another woman having sex. Sheldon can perceive some things wrong, but I have a hard time believing he invented an imaginary person that he interacted with. I can't think of a single reason a random grown woman would be buying Sheldon action figures. I can think of a few reasons George's affair partner would. I do think things like how much George drank can be up for debate because to teetotaler Sheldon, any drinking is too much drinking but other things are more concrete to me. 

Sheldon also describes George going up on the roof and skeet shooting Mary's plates and shooting the TV when he doesn't like the result of a football game. Again, Sheldon is narrow-minded but he's not delusional. I don't think he invented those events either. 

To be accurate to TBBT, George is going to have to go to some dark and scary places in the next few seasons. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, vibeology said:

Again, Sheldon is narrow-minded but he's not delusional. I don't think he invented those events either. 

Thank you.  I find the arguments that Sheldon just doesn't remember his childhood correctly are crazy.  He has *specifically* said so many things that can't be just considered exagerrations.  And Sheldon is not a liar. I'm OK with them changing and even ignoring canon because I don't want this to the most depressing sitcom ever.  But, can we just admit it's ignoring canon instead of making up a bunch of excuses as to why what Sheldon said in TBBT is wrong?

• Love 3

Well, honestly, until the show actually gets to these events and does something one way or another, we’re kind of just debating over maybes. We just don’t know how they’re going to do it yet.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Katy M said:

But, can we just admit it's ignoring canon instead of making up a bunch of excuses as to why what Sheldon said in TBBT is wrong?

This is my feeling as well.  I actually hope that they ignore much of the really negative stuff Sheldon shared about his father - the adultery being the biggest thing.   But I will be less than impressed if they deliberate focus on very specific incidents Sheldon recounted on BBT and make up some innocent explanation.  Sheldon is naive about many things but he's not stupid and as you say he isn't a liar.  My best advice to the YS writers - ignore the references you don't want to deal with as Sheldon remembered them.  Please!

• Love 2
8 hours ago, vibeology said:

To be accurate to TBBT, George is going to have to go to some dark and scary places in the next few seasons. 

As a BBT fan, my logical side knew that when this show came to be, the chances were pretty good that they'd have to follow TBBT's storyline of George and his infidelity. 

My emotional side was hoping that they'd either wrap this show up before we got to that point, or they'd just ignore the darker parts of Sheldon's recollection of his Dad.  It's a comedy, and I'm really enjoying it as it is.  I think it will ruin the show for the viewers who aren't familiar with the pre-established storyline from TBBT.  I don't care to see their lives go down the crapper.  I will save myself the grief and tune out if the show gets dragged down by an affair.  I just don't see how it can survive what we know about George.  It's not pleasant to watch.  Dammit Jim, it's a comedy, not a drama!!

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, treeofdreams said:

They can't say he remembered things wrong from the past.

I agree, but I'd like for them to simply ignore it, although I'm pretty sure that's not going to happen. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, vibeology said:

I guess they can try to twist and turn canon but George has at least one affair. Sheldon describes a "bottle blonde bartender" who tried to buy his love in that one episode where Penny and Leonard are fighting constantly. And he describes walking in on his Dad and another woman having sex. Sheldon can perceive some things wrong, but I have a hard time believing he invented an imaginary person that he interacted with. I can't think of a single reason a random grown woman would be buying Sheldon action figures. I can think of a few reasons George's affair partner would. I do think things like how much George drank can be up for debate because to teetotaler Sheldon, any drinking is too much drinking but other things are more concrete to me. 

Sheldon also describes George going up on the roof and skeet shooting Mary's plates and shooting the TV when he doesn't like the result of a football game. Again, Sheldon is narrow-minded but he's not delusional. I don't think he invented those events either. 

I still think the best way to deal with this is for George to unfortunately start to show the undiagnosed effects of CTE (chronic traumatic encephalopathy) as the result of old football injuries, possibly exacerbated by getting concussed while on the sidelines coaching a game or practice.

This could cause him to act completely out of character, and result in an early death.  Only now would Sheldon suspect that CTE could have been the cause of his father's decline.

Georgie shined tonight with his response to Mary after her fight with George.  It was good to see that since we know that he steps up to help her after his Dad dies.   He's more mature than they give him credit for.

• Love 6
On 5/10/2021 at 11:43 PM, Dani said:

That's very true and makes a great deal of sense. 

On 5/11/2021 at 6:59 PM, ChitChat said:

My emotional side was hoping that they'd either wrap this show up before we got to that point, or they'd just ignore the darker parts of Sheldon's recollection of his Dad.  

I think that's exactly what is going to happen. Things really start to go down hill and become awful after Sheldon leaves home. They can end the series before that point. 

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

Georgie shined tonight with his response to Mary after her fight with George.  It was good to see that since we know that he steps up to help her after his Dad dies.   He's more mature than they give him credit for.

They've set up an interesting dynamic for Georgie. He can be a bit of screw-up and a goofball, but when it comes to the really important stuff he puts his family first. He took Missy and Shedon home from a high school party they had no business going to in the first place. He's a protective older brother when it comes to Missy. He helped the old woman this season when he had every reason to ignore her pages and no real reason to help her, other than he knew it was the right thing to do. 

• Love 6
On 5/11/2021 at 7:53 PM, treeofdreams said:

Sheldon has an eidetic memory.  They can't say he remembered things wrong from the past.

Sheldon remembers the past the way he interpreted what he saw, and I think Sheldon misinterprets things he sees on a regular basis such that he may get the wrong impression from it.  He may remember everything he saw but his misinterpretation of what he saw will make it "wrong".

And that's pretty much how I see this going.  How many times on TV shows do people see something and get the wrong impression of it?  He sees two people doing something and assumes it's sex when it may be something less than that.  I still think the writers will find a way to sanitize this enough so that it will explain what Sheldon believed about his Dad for all those years as a misinterpretation of the truth.  And in that way it will preserve our memory of the "good dad" we learned to love on YS while explaining older Sheldon's erroneous recollection.  And while it won't be possible for the Sheldon we knew on the BBT to ever know that, the "omniscient" older and wiser Sheldon that narrates YS will.

• Love 10
On 5/11/2021 at 7:20 AM, vibeology said:

I guess they can try to twist and turn canon but George has at least one affair. Sheldon describes a "bottle blonde bartender" who tried to buy his love in that one episode where Penny and Leonard are fighting constantly. And he describes walking in on his Dad and another woman having sex. Sheldon can perceive some things wrong, but I have a hard time believing he invented an imaginary person that he interacted with. I can't think of a single reason a random grown woman would be buying Sheldon action figures. I can think of a few reasons George's affair partner would. I do think things like how much George drank can be up for debate because to teetotaler Sheldon, any drinking is too much drinking but other things are more concrete to me

That wasn’t what I was saying at all. Sheldon very specifically talks about his dad’s girlfriend in a way that was very out in the open. It is very clear the marriage was completely broken at some point.  

My point is that it doesn’t have to be an affair to be completely consistent with everything that Sheldon has said. Having George and Mary separate before he starts a physical relationship with another woman also fits the Big Bang canon without having him cheat. My point was they do have some leeway on the specifics. 

As much as I hate that George is going to have an affair with Brenda, I’m glad that the writers aren’t chickening out of following BBT canon. They’ve done a great job of showing nuance to what George was like as a father: someone who loved his family and tried to do his best, but was also flawed and frustrated and clearly capable of making bad choices.

• Love 8
48 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

As much as I hate that George is going to have an affair with Brenda, I’m glad that the writers aren’t chickening out of following BBT canon.

I think it's a gamble.  I'm curious as to how many YS fans (never having seen TBBT) are going to stick around if this show follows TBBT storyline.  I wouldn't, and as a BBT fan, I'm on the fence about this show now.  I'll watch it when it starts up again, but if it was like the past few episodes, I'll be out.  It's much too negative for a comedy.

• Love 8
On 3/5/2021 at 1:49 PM, mammaM said:

I do agree with you. I know on the thread people say just think of them as two completely different shows, but I want them connected. 

I meant more along the lines of...yes George had some kind of mid life crisis, booze, women, yadda, yadda, yadda. Then he and Mary decided to get counseling, maybe things were starting to get better, then he died. Doesn't change anything, but it's something Sheldon might not know about especially if he's away at school. That's what I meant by a little more palatable.

PS: I'm also on the team that says the show should end before this happens. Let the show end with Sheldon finally go away to college and the voice over can tell us what happened to everyone "Wonder Years-style"

I know, I'm quoting myself, but I still think this is how the show should handle it. Sheldon does have an eidetic memory but he can also an unreliable narrator at times, we saw that in TBBT when Georgie told him about Mary falling apart after George died and Sheldon had no idea. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Dani said:

My point is that it doesn’t have to be an affair to be completely consistent with everything that Sheldon has said.

The time Sheldon describes coming home and catching his father in bed with another woman could also be explained away (to some extent) by having it that George was with another woman but when he knew that Sheldon had seen them he regretted what he was about to do and ended the affair.  I mean it still wouldn't paint George in the best of lights but at least it could show that he wasn't quite as bad as Sheldon remembered.  

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, mammaM said:

I know, I'm quoting myself, but I still think this is how the show should handle it. Sheldon does have an eidetic memory but he can also an unreliable narrator at times, we saw that in TBBT when Georgie told him about Mary falling apart after George died and Sheldon had no idea. 

But, isn't that because he wasn't there?  He was at college, right?  

I just want to see the scene where Billy Sparks breaks Sheldon's arm.  Because he totally deserves it.  It will have to be a flashback because it happened when he was 8, but I still want to see it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

As much as I hate that George is going to have an affair with Brenda, I’m glad that the writers aren’t chickening out of following BBT canon. They’ve done a great job of showing nuance to what George was like as a father: someone who loved his family and tried to do his best, but was also flawed and frustrated and clearly capable of making bad choices.

I’m not convinced that George is going to have an affair with Brenda. I feel like they haven’t properly got George to that point in Young Sheldon. It’s only works because we know what happens on BBT and I don’t want that to be a crutch the use in place of actual character development. They’ve done a nice job setting up massive problems and questionable behavior but not George and Brenda having an affair. 

1 minute ago, Katy M said:

That whole storyline from BBT bothered the hell out of me.  Georgie held a grudge for years over something that Sheldon had no way to know anything about!  He was 14 and no one told him that his mother was having a hard time and yet he was magically supposed to know this?  The person Georgie should have been angry with, if he had to be angry at all,  was Mary not Sheldon!

• Love 3
1 minute ago, WinnieWinkle said:

The person Georgie should have been angry with, if he had to be angry at all,  was Mary not Sheldon!

Why would you be mad at someone for having a hard time after her husband died?  That's just as ludicrous as being angry at Sheldon.

Just now, Katy M said:

Why would you be mad at someone for having a hard time after her husband died?  That's just as ludicrous as being angry at Sheldon.

Oh sorry, no I meant in terms of keeping things from Sheldon!  Georgie was angry with Sheldon because he was unaware of the problems the family had after George died.  But for pete's sake, Sheldon was living away from home, he was 14 and Mary was the one who shielded him - and this was according to Georgie himself.  It just seemed like lazy writing to me.  THey had to come up with a reason for Georgie to be angry with Sheldon and they decided on that.  It just didn't make any sense when you really think about it.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That whole storyline from BBT bothered the hell out of me.  Georgie held a grudge for years over something that Sheldon had no way to know anything about!  He was 14 and no one told him that his mother was having a hard time and yet he was magically supposed to know this?  The person Georgie should have been angry with, if he had to be angry at all,  was Mary not Sheldon!

But it's easier to be angry at the person who isn't there. Georgie was still relatively young when George dies and he had to carry the family's emotional weight. I can see him picking Sheldon who was off living an exciting life and getting all the things he wanted while everyone at home struggled as an outlet. Bitterness can last a long time. 

When they announced Young Sheldon I was very skeptical because much of this darkness had been well established in TBBT. It never sounded like a fun family sitcom. I'm here for the darkness but I don't know if that's how the show wants to go there.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, vibeology said:

When they announced Young Sheldon I was very skeptical because much of this darkness had been well established in TBBT. It never sounded like a fun family sitcom. I'm here for the darkness but I don't know if that's how the show wants to go there.

Same.  What I am finding sad watching YS is knowing that this close family doesn't stay close for long.  At least not as far as Sheldon is concerned.  On BBT he clearly loves his Meemaw and his mother but rarely has a good word to say about his siblings.  No matter how YS spins the next few years if you are a BBT watcher you know that whatever the reason Sheldon distances himself from Missie and Georgie and I don't just mean geographically.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I just want to see the scene where Billy Sparks breaks Sheldon's arm.  Because he totally deserves it.  It will have to be a flashback because it happened when he was 8, but I still want to see it.

He was in college. But he thought everything was fine because Mary said it was and he didn't/couldn't pick up on subtler clues that they weren't. Or as Georgie said (paraphrasing) "of course things weren't fine, how could they be"

And I'd love to see the broken arm scene too. We're horrible people😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Love 2

Copying this here because it was perhaps mistakenly included in a post in the regular Young Sheldon thread, which, as any version of Sheldon would remind us, violates board policies 😉
which means it will probably get rightfully deleted by a moderator, and I thought it was a good point worth dragging over here where it belongs:

15 minutes ago, cmahorror said:

Per The Big Bang Theory, Sheldon's three knock ritual comes from accidentally walking in on his father in bed with another woman, so I do believe that George will engage in an affair with Brenda because this is a fundamental part of grownup Sheldon Cooper

Anyhoo, this sounds correct to me, but can we get a reference for it to a particular TBBT episode? 
TIA!