Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
saoirse

TBBT vs Young Sheldon: Nitpicks, Anomalies, and Historical Facts In An Evolving Universe, presented by Sheldon L. Cooper

I think they've shown signs of tension between Mary and George pretty much since the first episode which makes sense to me if they are going to stick with the marriage unraveling as per Sheldon on BBT.  What they haven't done (so far) is given us any reason to think George would not only start sleeping around but would be pig enough to bring his "girlfriend" home with him to sleep in the marital bed and risk being caught out by one of the kids or by Meemaw who lives across the street!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Homily said:

I think they've shown signs of tension between Mary and George pretty much since the first episode which makes sense to me if they are going to stick with the marriage unraveling as per Sheldon on BBT.  What they haven't done (so far) is given us any reason to think George would not only start sleeping around but would be pig enough to bring his "girlfriend" home with him to sleep in the marital bed and risk being caught out by one of the kids or by Meemaw who lives across the street!

I agree.  To me, it's two different universes... which makes sense because they are two distinct shows even though one is a prequel spinoff. 

So the people in charge can destroy George's character in an effort to appease the small percentage of the audience who will walk away if everything doesn't match up with the other show... or continue on making the best show they can now, without alienating their audience who love the characters they've created.

It's kind of a no-brainer to me, but I guess we'll see what direction they choose.

• Like 2

So, I think there is one little hitch that may lead to the episode Sheldon conveyed to Penny not being what we think it was.  

There are two different words in play here: coitus and relations.  In TBBT Sheldon has always used the word coitus, yet here he says "relations."  What exactly does that mean?  Does that mean he saw something sexual that wasn't coitus?  Does that mean that he saw something that he couldn't define in his mind and he labeled it as relations.  I don't know, but I do think there is a possibility that Sheldon saw something and misinterpreted what it was.  What we do know is that it wasn't "coitus."  (I will not deny that there is also a possibility that it was a slip by the writers and Sheldon walked in to witness exactly what we think he saw...)

• Like 3

On 5/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, AnnaRose said:

I agree.  To me, it's two different universes... which makes sense because they are two distinct shows even though one is a prequel spinoff. 

So the people in charge can destroy George's character in an effort to appease the small percentage of the audience who will walk away if everything doesn't match up with the other show... or continue on making the best show they can now, without alienating their audience who love the characters they've created.

It's kind of a no-brainer to me, but I guess we'll see what direction they choose.

Yep, I'd rather George does not have infidelity in YT or make it somekind of misunderstanding on young Sheldon's part

Although, the addition of cable and George watching boobies on TV will not sit well with ultra-conservative Mary. It may add a crack in their marriage

• Like 2